Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,674 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

What Do You Bring To The Table !! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Bring To The Table !! (11418 Views)

As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". / Women, What Do You Bring To The Table? - Men / What Do Women Bring To The Table? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Bring To The Table !! by Wisegeek01(m): 10:30pm On Nov 27, 2023
Here's the opinion you wont see anywhere on the internet . .. and you are hearing it for the first time
Sit tight !!

The phrase what are you brining to the table .. has grossly been misunderstood, some men that even ask the question don't even know why they are asking the question, while on the other hand some women fly into a fit of rage or keep dodging the question, why they are angry they don't even know, its just a psychological impulse,

first of all it is not mandatory for the lady to actually bring finance into the mix but it helps so that should not be the centre of the question, so the men asking and referring to finance really shouldn't do that, focus on what she is supposed to bring

.. its not her job to bring finance, so if you are referring to that you are asking the wrong contextual question, a lady actually has what she should bring to the table, but sadly not a lot of ladies have taken their time to sit down and think about the question, because the are always offended or defensive, its just a simple question, that you need to understand, its not you mdfkn job to bring finance, that is what the man should bring to the table,

what the lady brings to the table .. ranges from
great values
Emotional Intelligence
Attention to Detail
Organizational Skills
Nurture and Care
Empathy and Compassion
Collaborative Spirit
Multitasking Abilities
Intuition
Social Skills
Diplomacy
Support

when you list these features and tell the man you posses these traits
now it's your turn to ask him
what does he bring to the table
he should have most of these below
finance
protection
security
Leadership
Decision-Making Skills
Stability
Emotional Support
Problem-Solving Abilities
Initiative
Adaptability
Sense of Humor
Integrity
Shared Responsibilities

marriage or relationship is team effort, not competition
the next time i hear that question in the wrong context I fit flog person cool grin

62 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by SHIVA001: 10:35pm On Nov 27, 2023
Love Love Selfless service. In a marriage. As a man make sure your woman is Working and you are also working. E get why.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by Chicagograduate(m): 11:01pm On Nov 27, 2023
Food of course
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by Lovemeharder(f): 3:10am On Nov 28, 2023
She's your help mate.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by Wisegeek01(m): 6:23am On Nov 28, 2023
SHIVA001:
Love Love Selfless service. In a marriage. As a man make sure your woman is Working and you are also working. E get why.

Yes true but its totally not her priority, but the man's, if she works it's good enough as a support system for the man, and that means you will split her duties with her as well, if she asks you to help out with things you do it without question otherwise that is where you will start getting a negative feedback, plus she will need to take a lot of breaks too unless she just loves the work naturally, if she does, that brings in a different arrangement for 3rd parties to come in and assist with little things like home care and whatnot .. and the good part is both of you can afford to pay for that, since you both work

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by Resetinc: 4:35pm On Nov 28, 2023
me, I am the table oo 😂😂😂

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by Redemption77: 4:35pm On Nov 28, 2023
Let our women breathe. You guys are indirectly encouraging these women into feminism but you don't know that yet.
In the days of our forefathers, they never demand shi from their women, little or no wonder our mothers respected them and placed them on high regard.
A woman brings on those aforementioned to the table and you still expect her to regard you?
These days it's really hard to know who's now playing the main role and the supportive role. Spits sad sad!

13 Likes

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by Calabar1stSon: 4:35pm On Nov 28, 2023
Being the head of the family is what I bring to the table.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by JoeEeL(m): 4:36pm On Nov 28, 2023
Only, women, children and dogs are loved almost unconditionally.

For the rest of us, we have to figure out how to live life without such privilege.

- JoeEel

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by Skyfornia(m): 4:36pm On Nov 28, 2023
See eh! Nobody can actually predict or give formula about marriage...a formula might work for A and won't work for B...

So just do what works for both of you.

I know a couple that have been married for 20 years, both of them dey smoke igbo, and happy for themselves.

17 Likes

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by creolehunt: 4:36pm On Nov 28, 2023
OP, may I respectfully say that you've written a well crafted bunkum. And I've anyways wondered why the issue of contributing to the finances of the home gets women triggered. Heck, what else do they need the money for?

How do you mean "it's not her priority" to contribute to the finances of her own family. Or it's not mandatory? That's why many men treat women like trash as they're seen as mere passengers. I'd understand if the woman doesnt work ,but if she does, there must be a need that her income solves in the home.

Also, all those you listed as what she can bring to the table are things 3ven a 10yr old child can conveniently bring to the table. So what gives?

If a woman doesnt want to contribute to the finances of the home, then let her be a full time housewife.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by Vlibray: 4:37pm On Nov 28, 2023
The Table
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by Stephench: 4:39pm On Nov 28, 2023
Finance is the most important. If she comes with zero finance and zero potential of making financial contributions, then every other support is inconsequential.

If she's not trained herself to have a potential of earning, then what did she waste her life doing at her youth? That type of woman is a waste.

Not educated, no skills/high paying skills

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by ROYALMAXCLEANER: 4:39pm On Nov 28, 2023
Ise ewu and ukworbi

cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by Naijaguy123: 4:39pm On Nov 28, 2023
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by AbuTwins: 4:40pm On Nov 28, 2023
embarassed
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by Reelmii: 4:40pm On Nov 28, 2023
grin..i bring long life and prosperity grin grin

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by Faposky95: 4:40pm On Nov 28, 2023
I bring mysef.!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by Kingson28: 4:40pm On Nov 28, 2023
[quote author=SHIVA001 post=127199972]Love Love Selfless service. In a marriage. As a man make sure your woman is Working and you are also working. E get why.

And leave your children in the care of predators and molesters.
Money will be the undoing of this generation.
“Make sure your wife is working’ so her boss and male colleagues can be chopping her wella in the office.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by Bahamas95(m): 4:41pm On Nov 28, 2023
cool
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by seunayantokun(m): 4:41pm On Nov 28, 2023
Whatever they bring to the table should be okay; just make sure there is a table to bring something to in the first instance., and put something reliable , walkable. and workable on it.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by tunapawizzy: 4:41pm On Nov 28, 2023
Both parties should bring love, compassion, maturity, kindness and financial stability to the table

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by AbuTwins: 4:41pm On Nov 28, 2023
Calabar1stSon:
Being the head of the family is what I bring to the table.

Well-done headmaster!

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by bigdammyj: 4:41pm On Nov 28, 2023
Reading...

1 Like

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by Reelmii: 4:42pm On Nov 28, 2023
[quote author=Kingson28 post=127211699][/quote] grin and u think wen she stays home,, she will not still cheat if she wants to... grin
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by YelloweWest: 4:43pm On Nov 28, 2023
cheesy
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by WantsandMore: 4:43pm On Nov 28, 2023
What do you bring to the table is a modern term coined by blue pill men or beta men who've been traumatized by previous feminist & have vow to ask for equal share of responsibilities rather than learn from their mistakes. An Alpha male has no time to ask such a bombastic question as he's busy pro creating, seducing, protecting and providing.

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by ukaface(f): 4:43pm On Nov 28, 2023
Nothing
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by Farki: 4:43pm On Nov 28, 2023
Hot penis
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by Mindlog: 4:43pm On Nov 28, 2023
Reading.... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by meedoLock(m): 4:45pm On Nov 28, 2023
As substantial as this write up is, unfortunately it's not the reality in today's world. No work is enough to cater for the house any longer, no money is enough to spend..... Our economy is bastardize to the extent that everyone sees full house wife idea as a gross irresponsibility. Spouses will have to take more responsibilities. BUT, the man must be an ultimate provider in order to be able to decide when it matters

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by Fiscus105(m): 4:45pm On Nov 28, 2023
Anyone(man or woman) married liability upon big liability (subsidy & taxes) Tinubu imposed already, I pity his/her sorry butt ooo.

Husband and wife must collaboration to work and assist each other in all areas to make marriage work.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Black British Girls Most Likely To Self Harm / I Feel My Mother In Law Is Sooooooooooooo Into Our Lives / Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.