Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,444 members, 7,830,221 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

OFFICIAL: Liverpool Defensive Rock Van Dijk Named Uefa's MOTM For UCL Final - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / OFFICIAL: Liverpool Defensive Rock Van Dijk Named Uefa's MOTM For UCL Final (1096 Views)

What Manchester United, Chelsea And Leicester City Need To Do To Qualify For UCL / Van Dijk Named Fastest Player In 2018-19 Champions League(Photos) / Ronaldo Named UEFA Best Player For 2016/2017 Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OFFICIAL: Liverpool Defensive Rock Van Dijk Named Uefa's MOTM For UCL Final by obembet(f): 11:38pm On Jun 01, 2019
Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk was named UEFA Champions League final man of the match by the UEFA Technical Observers.

Mohamed Salah, Divock Origi and even Jürgen Klopp will no doubt take the headlines, but Van Dijk was at the heart of yet another commanding display from the Reds. His calm permeated across the back line and no doubt played a huge role in yet another clean sheet.

Thomas Schaaf, leader of the UEFA Technical Observers in Madrid, said: "Van Dijk showed outstanding leadership and was Liverpool's best defender. He made crucial interventions when needed and played with a cool head throughout."

UEFA technical observers: Thomas Schaaf, Peter Rudbaek, David Moyes, Raúl González, Packie Bonner, Michael O'Neill, Gareth Southgate, Roberto Martínez and Ginés Meléndez.

Van Dijk stats

3 aerials won, 1 tackle, 5 clearances

Previous men of the match

2018: Gareth Bale (Real Madrid)

2017: Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid)

2016: Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid)

2015: Andrés Iniesta (Barcelona)

2014: Ángel Di María (Real Madrid)

2013: Arjen Robben (Bayern München)

2012: Didier Drogba (Chelsea)

2011: Lionel Messi (Barcelona)

2010: Diego Milito (Inter Milan)

2009: Xavi Hernández (Barcelona)

2008: Edwin van der Sar (Manchester United)

2007: Filippo Inzaghi (AC Milan)

2006: Samuel Eto'o (Barcelona)

2005: Steven Gerrard (Liverpool)

2004: Deco (Porto)

2003: Paolo Maldini (AC Milan)

2002: Zinédine Zidane (Real Madrid)

2001: Oliver Kahn (Bayern München)

Source: https://m.allfootballapp.com/news/Headline/1442231?id=1442231&type=share&language=en

CC; Lalasticlala

Re: OFFICIAL: Liverpool Defensive Rock Van Dijk Named Uefa's MOTM For UCL Final by Jokerman(m): 11:59pm On Jun 01, 2019
Lol...... I want to see how this guy won't win the ballondor this year
Re: OFFICIAL: Liverpool Defensive Rock Van Dijk Named Uefa's MOTM For UCL Final by mhosman(m): 12:21am On Jun 02, 2019
Jokerman:
Lol...... I want to see how this guy won't win the ballondor this year

he won't even make top 3
let's be frank , even salah will get more votes than him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OFFICIAL: Liverpool Defensive Rock Van Dijk Named Uefa's MOTM For UCL Final by Corrosiveman(m): 1:11am On Jun 02, 2019
I hope he wins the Balloon D or.....but sadly he might not because it's based on Votes

1 Like

Re: OFFICIAL: Liverpool Defensive Rock Van Dijk Named Uefa's MOTM For UCL Final by Nobody: 2:20am On Jun 02, 2019
mhosman:

he won't even make top 3
let's be frank , even salah will get more votes than him
I think he'll be in top 3 but won't win it.
Sentiments will make him get more votes over Salah.

There are 3 unluckily places players in Liverpool.
In defense, Matip has improved and he's doing most of the dirty works but Van Dijk is the one claiming all the glory, though he's good.

In midfield, Wijnaldum is underrated to others.

In attack, Mane has done better than Salah this season yet Salah is the one being called.

These to me is funny.

5 Likes

Re: OFFICIAL: Liverpool Defensive Rock Van Dijk Named Uefa's MOTM For UCL Final by ablelin: 3:59am On Jun 02, 2019
The guy is good, he knows his onions, however, that match is far from what is expected of a champions league final compared to the previous ones. The environment was not charged, the intensity was low, I believe only the fans of the team playing would finish watching the match. I guess the tempo of the game was because of the common opponents, perhaps, Liverpool had a game and it worked, allow your opponents to play while you do the scoring, in essence, congratulations to Liverpool....

Do you want to learn to get motivated, learn about skills and strategies in business or academics, or you want to learn from the likes of Lee Yuan Kew, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Thomas Sankara, Robert Kiyosaki, you need counseling and guidance to success in life, or you want to take an introvert or IQ test, then visit here
Re: OFFICIAL: Liverpool Defensive Rock Van Dijk Named Uefa's MOTM For UCL Final by vanida6: 5:54am On Jun 02, 2019
kingkakaone:
I think he'll be in top 3 but won't win it.
Sentiments will make him get more votes over Salah.

There are 3 unluckily places players in Liverpool.
In defense, Matip has improved and he's doing most of the dirty works but Van Dijk is the one claiming all the glory, though he's good.

In midfield, Wijnaldum is underrated to others.

In attack, Mane has done better than Salah this season yet Salah is the one being called.

These to me is funny.
i like ur comment dear.

1 Like

Re: OFFICIAL: Liverpool Defensive Rock Van Dijk Named Uefa's MOTM For UCL Final by vanida6: 6:00am On Jun 02, 2019
I'm not a liverpool fan,but yesterday i was happy for then,,,,,,,congratulations to all the Reds fans across the world.
Re: OFFICIAL: Liverpool Defensive Rock Van Dijk Named Uefa's MOTM For UCL Final by Nobody: 6:59am On Jun 02, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKLg4zTR7QY
Watch what he said about ballon d'or
Re: OFFICIAL: Liverpool Defensive Rock Van Dijk Named Uefa's MOTM For UCL Final by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 02, 2019
vanida6:
i like ur comment dear.
Thanks bae. Happy Sunday
Re: OFFICIAL: Liverpool Defensive Rock Van Dijk Named Uefa's MOTM For UCL Final by obembet(f): 5:37pm On Jun 02, 2019
Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Lagerback's 44-man List Revealed! / Odemwingie Takes Swipe At Keshi-ng.supersport.com / Who is More Tactical, Keshi Or Siasia?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.