Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,059 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? (8520 Views)

Single Nigerian Ladies In Diaspora, Any Reason Why You Turn Down Our Guys? / Advise Needed On Marital Issue / Marital Rape? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by bukatyne(f): 5:53am On Jun 03, 2019
Is there any reason why my thread on marital rape was hidden or deleted especially as I was not notified?

Is there now a type of topic we can create on Nairaland considering the fact that I put up references?

Thanks
bukatyne

Cc: Royalroy.

3 Likes

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by JasonScoolari: 5:56am On Jun 03, 2019
Sorry, if it's not the Useless Regina Daniels, her Mother or Ned Nwoko, Okoro and Onye Eze then forget it.

That's how Nairaland is being operated now.

Really pathetic.

15 Likes

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by Bitterleafsoup: 6:13am On Jun 03, 2019
Maybe they moved it to sexuality area check there....
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by tolugar: 6:18am On Jun 03, 2019
If someone is not opening cleavage or showing thigh or dress

Forget it

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by dingbang(m): 6:24am On Jun 03, 2019
Marital rape. . what does the bible say about wives and husbands on love making?
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by bukatyne(f): 6:31am On Jun 03, 2019
Bitterleafsoup:
Maybe they moved it to sexuality area check there....

The thread has been deleted.

I tried refreshing it and I got the message.

4 Likes

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by bukatyne(f): 6:31am On Jun 03, 2019
JasonScoolari:
Sorry, if it's not the Useless Regina Daniels, her Mother or Ned Nwoko, Okoro and Onye Eze then forget it.

Really pathetic.

tolugar:
If someone is not opening cleavage or showing thigh or dress

Forget it

Hmmmm,

Thanks
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by crackhaus: 7:39am On Jun 03, 2019
bukatyne:
Is there any reason why my thread on marital rape was hidden or deleted especially as I was not notified?

Is there now a type of topic we can create on Nairaland considering the fact that I put up references?

Thanks
bukatyne

Cc: Royalroy.
Someone with an undiagnosed psychological problem reported it to 'her' supermod buddy. The supermod feeling invincible because he/she possesses imaginary powers & relevance otherwise lacking in the real world, deleted it as requested.

Welcome to NL where free speech is not actually free speech if it hurts the feelings of a moderator, or the feelings of someone who's close to a moderator. You're even lucky you were not banned. grin

And these are the same people that complain about government abusing their powers. cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by bukatyne(f): 7:56am On Jun 03, 2019
crackhaus:

Someone with an undiagnosed psychological problem reported it to 'her' supermod buddy. The supermod feeling invincible because he/she possesses imaginary powers & relevance otherwise lacking in the real world, deleted it as requested.

Welcome to NL where free speech is not actually free speech if it hurts the feelings of a moderator, or the feelings of someone who's close to a moderator. You're even lucky you were not banned. grin

And these are the same people that complain about government abusing their powers. cheesy

seriously?

I guess I am in school 1 here then.

4 Likes

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by crackhaus: 8:04am On Jun 03, 2019
bukatyne:

seriously?

I guess I am in school 1 here then.
cheesy
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by 2019news: 10:17am On Jun 03, 2019
Please, we don't need frustrated people in nairaland, but God fearing people. Remember we have children and depressed people in nairaland that need to be encouraged in the way of the Lord and not to be discouraged by your stupid posts.

4 Likes

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by 2019news: 10:31am On Jun 03, 2019
Since, u and ur friends join nairaland, u have been typing and posting rubbish, making people to look
foolish. Others may not know u but I do. Exactly what u were doing to your wife(beating and raping her).nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by bukatyne(f): 10:56am On Jun 03, 2019
2019news:
Since, u and ur friends join nairaland, u have been typing and posting rubbish, making people to look
foolish. Others may not know u but I do. Exactly what u were doing to your wife(beating and raping her).nonsense

Tell me more.

I beat and rape my wife.

What else?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by genq(m): 11:06am On Jun 03, 2019
It was deleted for obvious reasons - to protect gullible minds from barbaric ideologies.

25 Likes

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by Mizwisdom(f): 11:28am On Jun 03, 2019
During a radio show yesterday, someone's husband called to say it's okay to rape your wife and he does it. This idea is being maintained and practised by a good number of men, one way they ensure that culprits are not called out, is by making sure that the topic remains one that doesn't draw attention grin

8 Likes

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by bukatyne(f): 11:35am On Jun 03, 2019
Mizwisdom:
During a radio show yesterday, someone's husband called to say it's okay to rape your wife and he does it. This idea is being maintained and practised by a good number of men, one way they ensure that culprits are not called out, is by making sure that the topic remains one that doesn't draw attention grin

What did he define as rape?

Did he give any reason why he thought it was OK?
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by Mizwisdom(f): 11:40am On Jun 03, 2019
bukatyne:

What did he define as rape?

Did he give any reason why he thought it was OK?

The main issue was about a 17 year old who was raped by her guardian, he thought the girl's father may have set up the culprit using his daughter as a bait and then he threw in the line of thought that raping one's wife is allowed. The OAP, cut him off abruptly so I didn't get to listen to his opinion on the issue beyond that statement
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by Ranchhoddas: 1:05pm On Jun 03, 2019
Why would they do that

Unbelievable. There was nothing wrong with the thread.
Overzealous people doing whatever they like because of their illusory powers.

They had to do it secretly. Very cowardly.
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by bukatyne(f): 1:29pm On Jun 03, 2019
Mizwisdom:

The main issue was about a 17 year old who was raped by her guardian, he thought the girl's father may have set up the culprit using his daughter as a bait and then he threw in the line of thought that raping one's wife is allowed. The OAP, cut him off abruptly so I didn't get to listen to his opinion on the issue beyond that statement

The guy is ill.

What has raping a 17yr old under his care got to do with marital rape?

Is the victim married to her host?

Even if she gave her consent, it is still statory rape.

2 Likes

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by bukatyne(f): 1:30pm On Jun 03, 2019
Ranchhoddas:
Why would they do that

Unbelievable. There was nothing wrong with the thread.
Overzealous people doing whatever they like because of their illusory powers.

They had to do it secretly. Very cowardly.

I am shocked myself.

1 Like

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by Creamcustard: 1:45pm On Jun 03, 2019
Perhaps you should have phrased it as a question instead of making it a statement?

It would be interesting to find out why it was deleted,maybe you can mail the mod and ask.

I didn't even get to read my mention .

Very inflammatory topic especially for victims of marital rape.

Maybe you need to be sensitive about what you post in family section.

Try sexuality..they may be more lenient.

9 Likes

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by bukatyne(f): 3:32pm On Jun 03, 2019
Creamcustard:
Perhaps you should have phrased it as a question instead of making it a statement?

It would be interesting to find out why it was deleted,maybe you can mail the mod and ask.

I didn't even get to read my mention .

Very inflammatory topic especially for victims of marital rape.

Maybe you need to be sensitive about what you post in family section.

Try sexuality..they may be more lenient.

Thanks

The thread was stating that while there is no marital rape, spouses who are violent in the act can be prosecuted for physical abuse.
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by cococandy(f): 3:47pm On Jun 03, 2019
It’s obviously against the rules of NL because it’s a statement and not a question or a call to debate.

it just plainly advocates rape (being married doesn’t make it any less rape) even though that was your point. But it still just blatantly said rape was okay.
3. Don't threaten, support or DEFEND violent acts against any person, tribe, race, animals, or group (e.g. rape).
That being said, I wish the MOD who deleted it would do same for many posts all over NL that support barbaric practices against women. Setting us back thousands of years.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by Richy4(m): 5:19pm On Jun 03, 2019
JasonScoolari:

Really pathetic.

It seems you are new on Nairaland.. That's why you were irritated so quickly by the moderators /Regina and family...

There was a year Tonto Dike was reigning supreme on Nairaland more than this new girl...that was even before she got married... then when her wedding came up hmm mm!!!!!

Then there was Another year, The Madness of Look Alike....
"They said I look like RMD is it true? " then that OP will fish out a horrifying picture of himself.. then it will move to front page...another will comeup with...My neighbour said I look like Jennifer Aniston see my pic ETC... that was what happened through out that yr.. grin

Another year was... InI Edo shoes and chioma chukwuka shoes who wore it better... Tonto dike's makeup and Toni Braston's makeup who wore it better.. Jim Iyke skinny jeans and Mike Ezuronye Skinny jeans which one is better smiley

If I didn't break my phones all those years.. Then this Regina or whatever her name is will pass too...Just keep faith smiley

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by ifyalways(f): 5:30pm On Jun 03, 2019
I saw that thread title( never opened it nor read the contents) wondered why it was not locked and deleted.

The title was offensive.

I know some of your love to argue, possibly for arguments sake cheesy or to appear smart by coping and pasting articles from different websites, or simply bored but that very argument or thread or subject needed to be deleted.

Thumbs up to the mod who did the clean up. And to whoever reported it.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by bukatyne(f): 5:34pm On Jun 03, 2019
ifyalways:
I saw that thread title( never opened it nor read the contents) wondered why it was not locked and deleted.

The title was offensive.

I know some of your love to argue, possibly for arguments sake cheesy or to appear smart by coping and pasting articles from different websites, or simply bored but that very argument or thread or subject needed to be deleted.

Thumbs up to the mod who did the clean up. And to whoever reported it.

Funny that you did not open the thread or read yet you felt it ought to be deleted.

Whatever happened to 'do not judge a book by its cover'?

And I think the mod who deleted the topic should have had the courtesy to notify me prior to deleting it.

And deleting the thread does not change the facts.

4 Likes

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by zeb04(f): 5:45pm On Jun 03, 2019
That thread was in support of violence under the umbrella of marriage. I am glad it was deleted.

Actually it was a long,stupid thread, backed up by a lot of biblical jargons. The kind of nonsense some biased church leaders will tell their members.

Anyways some things, you keep for your family members alone, so we don’t damage everyone. .

19 Likes

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by bukatyne(f): 5:49pm On Jun 03, 2019
cococandy:
It’s obviously against the rules of NL because it’s a statement and not a question or a call to debate.

it just plainly advocates rape (being married doesn’t make it any less rape) even though that was your point. But it still just blatantly said rape was okay.

That being said, I wish the MOD who deleted it would do same for many posts all over NL that support barbaric practices against women. Setting us back thousands of years.

If you read the thread, you would note that it did not advocate rape which is sex without consent.

I infact pointed some scenarios in marriage which would have been rape outside of it.

None of my posts have supported barbaric practices against women however, I will continue to highlight their responsibilities.

Husbands are also expected not to deny their wives sex which is not 'rape'.
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by bukatyne(f): 5:52pm On Jun 03, 2019
zeb04:
That thread was in support of violence under the umbrella of marriage. I am glad it was deleted.

Actually it was a long,stupid thread, backed up by a lot of biblical jargons. The kind of nonsense some biased church leaders will tell their members.

Anyways some things, you keep for your family members alone, so we don’t damage everyone. .

I quoted only one Biblical passage, one Quranic reference and our Nigerian constitution on the matter.

If you think the OP was biased despite the fact it spoke to husbands and wife, I can't help you there.

I am sure y'all still ensure that as much as possible, you make your husbands happy in the oza room.
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by zeb04(f): 5:59pm On Jun 03, 2019
bukatyne:

I quoted only one Biblical passage, one Quranic reference and our Nigerian constitution on the matter.

If you think the OP was biased despite the fact it spoke to husbands and wife, I can't help you there.

I am sure y'all still ensure that as much as possible, you make your husbands happy in the oza room.

O yes I do.

Last week he was tired because he flew 15hours back home, so he could attend his child’s 1year birthday.

Guess what I did when he told me he was too tired for any kind of intimacy even though I had been waiting for 4days and it was my right by marriage . I slept off and allowed him rest, like a sane person should.

You understand.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by crackhaus: 6:00pm On Jun 03, 2019
bukatyne:

Funny that you did not open the thread or read yet you felt it ought to be deleted.

Whatever happened to 'do not judge a book by its cover'?

And I think the mod who deleted the topic should have had the courtesy to notify me prior to deleting it.

And deleting the thread does not change the facts.
The truly funny thing Buka is something you have not addressed yet.

Nairaland is of Nigerian origins, headquartered in Nigeria, bound by the laws of Nigeria. However emotionally charged your topic was, it didn't deserve to be shut down just for the fact that 'marital rape' is not yet a crime under Nigerian laws. Nairaland and its users are not bound by western laws so it really didn't make sense to quiet the issue, when in fact one can't charge a man to court for raping his wife, at least not yet in Nigeria.
Even you Bukatyne wouldn't have been so bold to post a topic like that on a western board if you knew it was a crime in the country.

I would think that if the moderator and other users who found it offensive really desired change, the best way to do that was to address the topic, have a conversation going, and probably get the publicity it needs to make it a crime in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by zeb04(f): 6:05pm On Jun 03, 2019
crackhaus:

The truly funny thing Buka is something you have not addressed yet.

Nairaland is of Nigerian origins, headquartered in Nigeria, bound by the laws of Nigeria. However emotionally charged your topic was, it didn't deserve to be shut down just for the fact that 'marital rape' is not yet a crime under Nigerian laws. Nairaland and its users are not bound by western laws so it really didn't make sense to quiet the issue, when in fact one can't charge a man to court for raping his wife, at least not yet in Nigeria.
Even you Bukatyne wouldn't have been so bold to post a topic like that on a western board if you knew it was a crime in the country.

I would think that if the moderator and other users who found it offensive really desired change, the best way to do that was to address the topic, have a conversation going, and probably get the publicity it needs to make it a crime in Nigeria.
that thread was a support for rape. There was no room for a debate.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Help! His Wife Is Tormenting Him. / Mother's Day - Describe Mothers In One Word / Family Section Debate::: Please Vote for a topic of your choice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.