Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Okorocha Vs INEC: Court States When Case Will Be Decided - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Vs INEC: Court States When Case Will Be Decided (11008 Views)

Peter Obi/labour Party Vs Inec/tinubu/shettima/apc Final Written Address / Naira Crisis Suits Must Be Decided Today - Supreme Court / Monguno’s Comment: Dasuki’s Case ‘will Be A Child’s Play When Buhari Leaves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha Vs INEC: Court States When Case Will Be Decided by chisomdoris: 12:58pm On Jun 03, 2019
A Federal High Court in Abuja has fixed Friday June 7, 2019, for judgment in the suit by former Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, against the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.

Okorocha is seeking a court order to compel INEC to issue him a certificate of return.

The presiding judge, Justice Okon Abang, chose the date for judgment, after entertain final arguments from lawyers representing parties in the case.

The immediate past Imo State Governor, by the suit marked FHC/ABJ/CS/296/2019, is asking the court to, among others, compel the electoral umpire to issue him a certificate of return as the senator-elect for Imo West Senatorial District.

Okorcha maintained that INEC lacked the statutory powers to withhold his certificate of return, because he was validly elected to occupy the senatorial seat.

The former Governor equally wants the court to declare that INEC acted in error when it refused to recognise him as the winner of the senatorial election in Imo West district.

Okorocha argued that the Returning Officer had declared that he won the election.
https://thickmatch.com/okorocha-vs-inec-court-states-case-will-decided/

Re: Okorocha Vs INEC: Court States When Case Will Be Decided by phelonrays: 1:05pm On Jun 03, 2019
..Justice Okon Abang,
this controversial judge again??....anyways okorohausa your case is as good as dead.....Abang is an APC judge...... his judgement are draft from the tenet of the ruling party.......

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Vs INEC: Court States When Case Will Be Decided by simonlee(m): 1:12pm On Jun 03, 2019
it will be easier for Atiku to get a return ticket than for Okorocha to get his!

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha Vs INEC: Court States When Case Will Be Decided by Don27tiky(m): 2:28pm On Jun 03, 2019
Las Las him go still win

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Vs INEC: Court States When Case Will Be Decided by Grace001: 2:28pm On Jun 03, 2019
I think he is now serious about getting his certificate.
Re: Okorocha Vs INEC: Court States When Case Will Be Decided by Timekeeper: 2:29pm On Jun 03, 2019
If only okoro knows that I'm broke now, he will approach me.

Pls can someone in imo state inform Okorocha that I'm broke right now, this time I'm vulnerable..

Let him just pay me small amount of money and I swear, I will steal that certificate of return for him at Inec office.

Let him just send me 5k now now and see wonder..

I pray he read this or someone tell him

I broke

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Vs INEC: Court States When Case Will Be Decided by Trutherme: 2:49pm On Jun 03, 2019
cheesy
Re: Okorocha Vs INEC: Court States When Case Will Be Decided by toluleke(m): 2:51pm On Jun 03, 2019
The lawlessness of every organization or institution in this country is at it height why declare him if you won't give him the certificate of return.

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Vs INEC: Court States When Case Will Be Decided by Champele(m): 2:57pm On Jun 03, 2019
They should give my governor his return ticket joor. Oshiomole should leave this man alone, they are not mate
Re: Okorocha Vs INEC: Court States When Case Will Be Decided by infosmartin(m): 3:00pm On Jun 03, 2019
Rochas okorocha is biting more than he can chew. I mean y continue fighting for a post u were "illegally " declared winner. He can be sued for kidnapping, blackmail or threat to life by the returning officer in charge of his zone. After all there is proof against him. I taught Efcc are after him? does he have time to file suit?
Re: Okorocha Vs INEC: Court States When Case Will Be Decided by specie103(m): 3:07pm On Jun 03, 2019
Even the devil knows that the orlu senatorial election was 100% rigged.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Vs INEC: Court States When Case Will Be Decided by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:17pm On Jun 03, 2019
chisomdoris:

Okorocha is seeking a court order to compel INEC to issue him a certificate of return.

https://thickmatch.com/okorocha-vs-inec-court-states-case-will-decided/
So many things are against Okorocha and rightly so!!!

His foundation was built in pretense!

He first came in through APGA then moved to APC- His party (first love) is against him!!!

He later legalized abortion- The Catholic Church which is largely dominated by the South Easterners was against him!!!

The Catholic Church interceded and he rescinded the law. The matter was solved!!!

He started fighting the Bishop! - the church is not happy (remember the population of the church?)

Then he messed up the traditional institution especially the kings - so the traditional worshippers are not happy with him

He refuse to pay workers and started building statues for corruption Politicians, he said he has gone INTERNATIONAL grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin - Nigerians were not happy!!!

As a governor, all his projects are laced with substandard and inferior materials which has brought alot of decay - his
People are not happy with him!!!

As if it was not enough, Imo State is a Christian dominated States, Catholics to be precise! In Imo State there's is a saying that at least a family produces a priest, as a governor he decided to build mosques!!!

Arm Robbery is prevalent in Imo -State - People are not happy!!!

Looting and destruction of the government House is not helping your case!!!

He imposed his family members in his party members then he started feeling like Buhari in his party but where is the people that could have supported him

IN THIS JET AGE, YOU ARE LEAVING AN ELECTED OFFICE AND DID NOT HAND OVER!

Now he wants to go and hide in the senate undecided

Now the INEC officer said he announced the result under duress which literally means you did not win the election!!!

So which people elected you again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Vs INEC: Court States When Case Will Be Decided by Aiyk2333: 3:19pm On Jun 03, 2019
specie103:
I worked as an ad-hoc staff, I can tell u Jones won that election fair and square.. its never a possibility that Alaogboso of pdp won, Atiku of pdp won then Rochas of Apc won in that zone.. inec spoilt everything.. collation officers were bribed to rewrite figures
Re: Okorocha Vs INEC: Court States When Case Will Be Decided by specie103(m): 3:22pm On Jun 03, 2019
Aiyk2333:

I worked as an ad-hoc staff, I can tell u Jones won that election fair and square.. its never a possibility that Alaogboso of pdp won, Atiku of pdp won then Rochas of Apc won in that zone.. inec spoilt everything.. collation officers were bribed to rewrite figures

Am very sure Jones won the election... Na inec wan spoil show for the guy.

But but Jones do una well for that side oooo.... I only attended one of his call-up... 10k like that
Re: Okorocha Vs INEC: Court States When Case Will Be Decided by Tfreshzz(m): 3:22pm On Jun 03, 2019
Oga Rochas, before you complain about your certificate of return, you should properly hand over to Gov. Ihedioha... He who wants equity, must go after it with clean hands..
Re: Okorocha Vs INEC: Court States When Case Will Be Decided by uchwar1: 3:31pm On Jun 03, 2019
Rocha's again?
Re: Okorocha Vs INEC: Court States When Case Will Be Decided by Lanre4uonly(m): 3:40pm On Jun 03, 2019
Ok. Fingers crossed.
Re: Okorocha Vs INEC: Court States When Case Will Be Decided by lilfreezy: 3:50pm On Jun 03, 2019
I don't like Rochas but it will be good to have him in the senate. Him no dey fear face.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Vs INEC: Court States When Case Will Be Decided by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:53pm On Jun 03, 2019
Champele:
They should give my governor his return ticket joor. Oshiomole should leave this man alone, they are not mate
How I wish that these people can ONLY govern your likes!!!
Re: Okorocha Vs INEC: Court States When Case Will Be Decided by senatordave1(m): 3:59pm On Jun 03, 2019
Justice abang is no nonsense judge,he will rule in favor of rochas on Friday so that inec will quickly issue him the certificate for him to resume by Monday

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Vs INEC: Court States When Case Will Be Decided by senatordave1(m): 4:00pm On Jun 03, 2019
specie103:
It wasn't.rochas won fair and square
Re: Okorocha Vs INEC: Court States When Case Will Be Decided by senatordave1(m): 4:16pm On Jun 03, 2019
Aiyk2333:

Jerry alagbaoso own should have gone for a supplementary.okorocha won with or without rigging.the matter in court is not about rigging but forceful declaration of rochas as winner.if you followed that polls,you will know that rochas won.he was leading but the cancelled votes was more than his lead and inec was supposed to call for supplementaries but were delaying.rochas was afraid based on how he was cheated during the apc congress and primaries so he had to act fast.
That pdp won im your unit doesn't mean they won in others.ouk won in abia north but buhari lost there.omo agege won the senate seat but the rest of the apc candidates lost.hon alex egbona won abi/yakurr but the remaining apc candidates lost.same thing happened in bayelsa.ypp won in anambra south but lost in other polls.in idemili seat,apga won but lost in other contests.

Lets analyze the polls.rochas is far more popular than jones.he also has money to spend and resources to deploy.the zone has 12 lgas.jones represents nkwerre,nwangene,isu and njaba.this four lgas were won by apc and aa.he lost there to show you how weak jones is.he lost heavily in his nkwerre lga where buhari won.ideato south is where rochas is from.he clear here.he also cleared ideato north.thats 6 lga for rochas.oru east and west is 50 50.anybody could have it.orsu went to the apga csndidate izunaso.where pdp is strong is oguta and jones won there.finally,ohaji egbema is controlled my uju kingsley rochas deputy chief of staff.
Therefore,rochas won

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Vs INEC: Court States When Case Will Be Decided by senatordave1(m): 4:17pm On Jun 03, 2019
specie103:

Am very sure Jones won the election... Na inec wan spoil show for the guy.

But but Jones do una well for that side oooo.... I only attended one of his call-up... 10k like that
Rochas outspent him.out of 12 lgas,only oguta was sure for jones.he lost in his nkwerre lga
Re: Okorocha Vs INEC: Court States When Case Will Be Decided by specie103(m): 4:35pm On Jun 03, 2019
senatordave1:

Rochas outspent him.out of 12 lgas,only oguta was sure for jones.he lost in his nkwerre lga

All that one na rigging naa... You dey that side at all...
Re: Okorocha Vs INEC: Court States When Case Will Be Decided by senatordave1(m): 4:37pm On Jun 03, 2019
specie103:

All that one na rigging naa... You dey that side at all...
Which rigging? Who doesn't rig? How did ikpeazu and t.a orji win? Please read this below.before the duress story,rochas was already leading.

Results announced so far showed that he has won eight out of the nine Local Government Areas. Only three Local Government Areas are still being expected. Imo West Senatorial zone is made up of 12 Local Government Areas.
The results so far announced were:
NWANGELE LGA
APC – 4997
PDP – 4905
APGA – 4253
NKWERRE LGA
APC – 5637
PDP – 4905
APGA – 662
IDEATO SOUTH LGA
APC – 24, 106
PDP – 3,108
APGA – 2834
ORU EAST LGA
APC – 8243
PDP – 4614
APGA – 2904
ISU LGA
APC – 7406
PDP – 6524
APGA – 1812
IDEATO NORTH LGA
APC – 8028
PDP – 5174
APGA – 2276
NJABA LGA
APC – 8549
PDP – 5982
APGA – 1875
OHAJI/EGBEMA LGA
APC – 8348
PDP – 5928
APGA – 3820
OSU LGA
APC – 7746
PDP – 7746
APGA – 2582
The last of this Imo West senatorial race may not have been heard.
As the collating of the votes going on at the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) office in Orlu local government, the returning officer, I. I. Ibeabuchi, a professor in Federal University Technology Owerri (FUTO), who has so far announced nine local governments collated, suddenly stopped further announcement, saying he received a call from the state Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) to “return to Owerri, the state capital.”
The three LGA results being awaited are Oru West, Oguta and Orlu.
He said he would continue the announcement on Monday morning but Mr Okorocha’s All Progressives Congress (APC) supporters refused to buy that.
Re: Okorocha Vs INEC: Court States When Case Will Be Decided by senatordave1(m): 4:38pm On Jun 03, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

How I wish that these people can ONLY govern your likes!!!
Results announced so far showed that he has won eight out of the nine Local Government Areas. Only three Local Government Areas are still being expected. Imo West Senatorial zone is made up of 12 Local Government Areas.
The results so far announced were:
NWANGELE LGA
APC – 4997
PDP – 4905
APGA – 4253
NKWERRE LGA
APC – 5637
PDP – 4905
APGA – 662
IDEATO SOUTH LGA
APC – 24, 106
PDP – 3,108
APGA – 2834
ORU EAST LGA
APC – 8243
PDP – 4614
APGA – 2904
ISU LGA
APC – 7406
PDP – 6524
APGA – 1812
IDEATO NORTH LGA
APC – 8028
PDP – 5174
APGA – 2276
NJABA LGA
APC – 8549
PDP – 5982
APGA – 1875
OHAJI/EGBEMA LGA
APC – 8348
PDP – 5928
APGA – 3820
OSU LGA
APC – 7746
PDP – 7746
APGA – 2582
The last of this Imo West senatorial race may not have been heard.
As the collating of the votes going on at the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) office in Orlu local government, the returning officer, I. I. Ibeabuchi, a professor in Federal University Technology Owerri (FUTO), who has so far announced nine local governments collated, suddenly stopped further announcement, saying he received a call from the state Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) to “return to Owerri, the state capital.”
The three LGA results being awaited are Oru West, Oguta and Orlu.
He said he would continue the announcement on Monday morning but Mr Okorocha’s All Progressives Congress (APC) supporters refused to buy that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek / The Deceptive Tactics Of IPOB By Emeka Jerome / Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.