Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

Emefiele Begins Second Tenure As CBN Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emefiele Begins Second Tenure As CBN Governor (6116 Views)

Ahead Of Presidential Primary, Osinbajo Begins Second Nationwide Consultation / Lagos Begins Second Half Of Distribution Of Emmergency Relief Food Packages / Okechukwu Enelamah: FG To Create 20 Million Jobs In Buhari’s Second Tenure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emefiele Begins Second Tenure As CBN Governor by titiloyeblog: 10:06pm On Jun 03, 2019
@titiloyeblog.com

Mr. Godwin Emefiele, Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), on Monday began his second tenure, following the confirmation of his re-appointment by the Senate on May 16.

According to a statement by the Director Corporate Communications, Mr. Isaac Okoroafor, Emefiele was sworn in by the Bank’s Secretary and Director, Corporate Secretariat Department, Mrs. Alice Karau.

Emefiele after taking the oath, expressed gratitude to God, President Muhammadu Buhari for nominating him and the Senate for confirming his appointment.
He also thanked the management and staff as well as the media for all their support during his first term in office.

Emefiele disclosed that he will unfold a new roadmap for the Bank and the economy, in the days ahead, after a series of consultations with critical stakeholder groups.
He charged all stakeholders to strengthen efforts at building a healthy and stable system in the best interest of Nigeria.

The CBN governor also reiterated the bank’s focus to play an active role in supporting job and wealth creation in Nigeria.

“We must strengthen our efforts over the coming years to stimulate growth and job creation in critical sectors of the economy, which will help insulate our economy from shocks in the global economy.

“We must also work to build a healthy and stable financial system that will contribute to the growth of our economy while preserving price stability,” he said.

Emefiele said more work still needed to be done in building a stronger economy for the benefit of all.

According to him, the pace of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth remained fragile and was below the rate of Nigeria’s annual population growth at 2.7 percent. He, therefore, pledged that the CBN would continue to collaborate with the fiscal authorities to strengthen growth and wealth creation in the country.

Source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/06/emefiele-begins-second-tenure-as-cbn.html

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emefiele Begins Second Tenure As CBN Governor by teadrake(m): 11:01pm On Jun 03, 2019
Congratulations on your reappointment. It was well deserved and I hope you consolidate all the effort in stabilizing our economy and traject a new path for our beloved country.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Emefiele Begins Second Tenure As CBN Governor by MarianaTrench: 5:55am On Jun 04, 2019
smiley
Re: Emefiele Begins Second Tenure As CBN Governor by Kobicove(m): 5:56am On Jun 04, 2019
Let's hope he does a better job this time undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele Begins Second Tenure As CBN Governor by SpatialKing(m): 5:56am On Jun 04, 2019
Ok
Re: Emefiele Begins Second Tenure As CBN Governor by kaen1317: 5:57am On Jun 04, 2019
So? Wil dollar come down?

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Begins Second Tenure As CBN Governor by Eroms4life17(m): 5:57am On Jun 04, 2019
Anytime i see Emefiele akpan, i dey regret why i nor fit slap am through my TV screen.

3 Likes

Re: Emefiele Begins Second Tenure As CBN Governor by mmb(m): 5:58am On Jun 04, 2019
Re: Emefiele Begins Second Tenure As CBN Governor by 400billionman: 5:58am On Jun 04, 2019
This is the Next Level of Change Government.

The Body language of leadership in this country shows that everything is alright with the country.

No dynamism, no flexibility, no trying out of new things to achieve new results, only docility, and business as usual.

Once my family is chopping, everything is okay.

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Begins Second Tenure As CBN Governor by Elukapendragon(m): 5:58am On Jun 04, 2019
Please we don't want this kind of news this early morning

allow us enjoy the public holiday in PEACE

3 Likes

Re: Emefiele Begins Second Tenure As CBN Governor by Chivasex: 6:00am On Jun 04, 2019
Good for him
Afonjas
Re: Emefiele Begins Second Tenure As CBN Governor by Pabloosas(m): 6:02am On Jun 04, 2019
Re: Emefiele Begins Second Tenure As CBN Governor by herakles: 6:02am On Jun 04, 2019
Eroms4life17:
Anytime i see Emefiele akpan, i dey regret why i nor fit slap am through my TV screen.

I wonder why you would want to do that?! He accepted deserves it. He has done a good job considering the circumstances.

6 Likes

Re: Emefiele Begins Second Tenure As CBN Governor by Younghacka(m): 6:03am On Jun 04, 2019
Kudos To President Buhari On This One.
At Least You Were Not Replaced By A Northerner. . .
But I Still Think Charles Soludo Made Our Currency More Stable In Terms Of Exchange Rates. . .
Congrats To You Godwin.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Begins Second Tenure As CBN Governor by Eroms4life17(m): 6:08am On Jun 04, 2019
herakles:

I wonder why you would want to do that?! He accepted deserves it. He has done a good job considering the circumstances.
No hard feelings towards the man. Na just the akpan, the slapping go sweet die!
Re: Emefiele Begins Second Tenure As CBN Governor by Ifebazz(m): 6:09am On Jun 04, 2019
Rukayat64:
See below

If you were real and cashing in the money as you advertized, you wouldn't have the time to waste here. Abi you and your cohorts dey forbid to cash in sef?

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Begins Second Tenure As CBN Governor by iammo(m): 6:13am On Jun 04, 2019
simonlee:

You think with all this ass-licking him go find you something?

the difference between Quora and Nairaland, Quora people drop thier comments and mind thier damn business but Nairaland's got too many fvcktards and busybody trying to tear each others down as a typical bitter black man with insecuirities

7 Likes

Re: Emefiele Begins Second Tenure As CBN Governor by newproject(m): 6:21am On Jun 04, 2019
Let the dollar come down
Re: Emefiele Begins Second Tenure As CBN Governor by chloride6: 6:27am On Jun 04, 2019
Congratulations sir...

FX stability achieved.

FX Derivatives market established.

Inflation down for the previous highs.

Let's make Nigeria work again

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Begins Second Tenure As CBN Governor by chloride6: 6:28am On Jun 04, 2019
newproject:
Let the dollar come down

So that you can import a new wife abi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emefiele Begins Second Tenure As CBN Governor by Oricha79(m): 6:35am On Jun 04, 2019
PMB is bias, why reapoint his fellow northern Muslim?

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Begins Second Tenure As CBN Governor by contigiency(m): 6:42am On Jun 04, 2019
simonlee:

You think with all this ass-licking him go find you something?

You are simply a never do well.
Re: Emefiele Begins Second Tenure As CBN Governor by eddieguru(m): 6:44am On Jun 04, 2019
Wel,l at least not a northerner
Re: Emefiele Begins Second Tenure As CBN Governor by Kendumazy(m): 6:44am On Jun 04, 2019
OK sir
Re: Emefiele Begins Second Tenure As CBN Governor by contigiency(m): 6:46am On Jun 04, 2019
400billionman:
This is the Next Level of Change Government.

The Body language of leadership in this country shows that everything is alright with the country.

No dynamism, no flexibility, no trying out of new things to achieve new results, only docility, and business as usual.

Once my family is chopping, everything is okay.

What's your point exactly?
Re: Emefiele Begins Second Tenure As CBN Governor by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:47am On Jun 04, 2019
To a New and better Nigeria we go.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Emefiele Begins Second Tenure As CBN Governor by Ijawdefender: 6:52am On Jun 04, 2019
Hoping to see good monetary policy that will favor the poor. And pls Cbn dont give loan to herders.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Origin Of Banditry And Murderous Fulani Herdsmen- Nuhu Ribadu / FG Targets ₦7 Billion Tax Returns From Solar Power Scheme / Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.