Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,015 members, 7,835,439 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG (29608 Views)

Governor Soludo Appoints Solo Chukwulobelu As SSG, 2 Others / Seriake Dickson Commissions Bayelsa State International Airport / Seriake Dickson In His Farm With Faze, MC Okpeke, Ekwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by onyeopobo: 12:23pm On Jun 05, 2019
Daniwak:
there is nothing Igboish in Ogbia kingdom..

What's the benefit of arguing such an open fact. Most of us contributing on this topic are from the south-south, what's the gain disputing an easy verifiable fact my brother. Some people from Ogbia bear igboic names either first or last or middle name or some full entire igboic name. Some straight up only English names. Former president Goodluck Jonathan is classic example, His middle Names were Ebele and Azikiwe.

Chill man!
Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by sammie99: 12:27pm On Jun 05, 2019
Uche onyeagucha is a core igbo man. He only married a rivers woman. Who do 9ja journalist with stupidity
Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 3:00pm On Jun 05, 2019
nengibo:

Bayelsa is a homogeneous Ijaw state whay you did now is like someone saying, imo has 5 tribes Igbo, Orlu, Mbaise, Egbema etc whereas they're all Igboclans

Well, an average Ijaw man doesn't understand Akassa native dialect.
Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 3:04pm On Jun 05, 2019
TheVictorious:

Sorry bro but what language do they speak in Akassa? Is Akassa a dialect?

Bros, Akassa people speak Akassa native dialect known as a Akassa too.
This Dialect spread across, minibelue, miniagba, kongho, bekekiri, buoama, Aparanbie, minibie, sangana, okunbiri, fish town, Okunbiri, Okunbiri-belue, Igwema, Nli-ama to mention a few.
Visit any of the above mentioned communities and confirm it yourself.
Am from Sangana myself.

1 Like

Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 05, 2019
Ekpeitit:
When an Igbo snake wants your crude oil he will try all the tricks in this world.
Sifia pains spotted.

Cc lzaa adaibeku husbandsnatcha sarrki afamed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by Daniwak: 3:45pm On Jun 05, 2019
onyeopobo:

What's the benefit of arguing such an open fact. Most of us contributing on this topic are from the south-south, what's the gain disputing an easy verifiable fact my brother. Some people from Ogbia bear igboic names either first or last or middle name or some full entire igboic name. Some straight up only English names. Former president Goodluck Jonathan is classic example, His middle Names were Ebele and Azikiwe.

Chill man!
OGA GEJ only adopted DAT name Azikiwe. It not his real name.. As regards Ogbia ppl answering Igbo names, it is because most Ogbia men got married to Igbo women in d olden days even now some still do. And wen they marry these women , some of dem do name their kids Igbo names.. My dad is an example.. In as much as i love d Igbos, i have to tell u there is nothing Igbotic in Ogbia. GEJ's name is Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, Azikiwe was just an adopted name. U saying some Ogbia has igbo names as last name is a lie
Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by nengibo: 3:59pm On Jun 05, 2019
NwaEzefuNaMba:

Well, an average Ijaw man doesn't understand Akassa native dialect.
Abeg Google Akassa Language and clear your ignorance, its like saying an average Igbo guy doesn't understand Ngwa, when they are all igbo dialects
Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 4:45pm On Jun 05, 2019
nengibo:

Abeg Google Akassa Language and clear your ignorance, its like saying an average Igbo guy doesn't understand Ngwa, when they are all igbo dialects

Clear which ignorance?
That I am Akassa man from Sangana but neither speak nor understand Ijaw language; which ignorance are you talking about clearing here?

2 Likes

Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by onyeopobo: 4:59pm On Jun 05, 2019
Daniwak:
OGA GEJ only adopted DAT name Azikiwe. It not his real name.. As regards Ogbia ppl answering Igbo names, it is because most Ogbia men got married to Igbo women in d olden days even now some still do. And wen they marry these women , some of dem do name their kids Igbo names.. My dad is an example.. In as much as i love d Igbos, i have to tell u there is nothing Igbotic in Ogbia. GEJ's name is Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, Azikiwe was just an adopted name. U saying some Ogbia has igbo names as last name is a lie

My brother your arguement tire person oh, so you're agreeing with me from one side of your mouth and on the other side disagreeing. So you are agreeing that they answer igbo names and saying their is nothing igbotic about them. Is the igbo name not an igbotic trait? Wont that confuse the northerners or yorubas that the person is an Igbo guy before even hearing from the person, like the way they are treating uche secondus from andoni. And Yes, they do bear igbo surnames, In the Late 80s as a child I visited olobiri for a contract my dad was trying to get to build a classroom block, i talked about it in another thread. My dad's step brother befriended a local carpenter and the guys name was Augustine Nwokoma.

Whether the ogbia people are an igbo community or not is not what we are talking about here, after all the ogbia people identify as an ijoid group and that is case closed. This thread was about the fact that a guy with a full igbo name was being praised as a true bayelsan by dickson and people jumped in to say there's no one community with igbo names in Bayelsa forgetting that you have the Ogba people who are an igbo subgroup who answer full igbo names and the Ogbia people who sometimes name their kids with igbo names.

Since you and I are both saying the same thing, let us allow other people to contribute to the thread.
Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by onyeopobo: 5:14pm On Jun 05, 2019
NwaEzefuNaMba:

Clear which ignorance?
That I am Akassa man from Sangana but neither speak nor understand Ijaw language; which ignorance are you talking about clearing here?

Considering your previous post, it's hard to swallow that you're an Akassa guy. This could be a very informative thread for those trying to know about tribes in bayelsa, there's really no need to mislead anyone here.
Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by kingzizzy: 5:36pm On Jun 05, 2019
nengibo:

Even I from Rivers understand Nembe very well, what we Izon apu don't have is a central language like the Wazobia tribes, would an Igbo man from Izzi be able to communicate with an Abriba man in their dialects effectively without central Igbo?

If an Izzi man met an Abiriba man, without central Igbo, their communication would be very slow because both dialects are different.

That's why everyone switches to central Igbo to make life easier

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by nengibo: 5:37pm On Jun 05, 2019
NwaEzefuNaMba:

Clear which ignorance?
Akassa man answering Nwaezefunamba interesting

1 Like

Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by nengibo: 5:38pm On Jun 05, 2019
kingzizzy:

If an Izzi man met an Abiriba man, without central Igbo, their communication would be very slow because both dialects are different.

That's why everyone switches to central Igbo to make life easier
Note dat I said communicate effectively
Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 11:04pm On Jun 05, 2019
onyeopobo:

Considering your previous post, it's hard to swallow that you're an Akassa guy. This could be a very informative thread for those trying to know about tribes in bayelsa, there's really no need to mislead anyone here.

Do I actually care whether one swallow it or nay?
Come to sangana and if you don't see me here not as a visitor but as a indigenous son then you can drag me anywhere.
Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by onyeopobo: 6:41am On Jun 06, 2019
nengibo:

Note dat I said communicate effectively

Nengi, the difference between your comparison and the situation in Bayelsa state is that. All igboic subgroups can actually communicate using their native dialect with each other, with lowest comprehension levels at somewhere between 30% to 40% because they really are merely speaking igbo language with a weirder tone and maybe more slangs whereas when some of the communities that call theirselves ijaw today speak, to some other ijaws, they might have been speaking arabic or chinese as NOTHING IS INTELLIGIBLE> That's what he's saying.

The best way to solve this would be to pick one of the ijoid languages as the central one and then force everyother community that claims to be ijoid to teach it in school and require it as a requirement for getting any job in ijaw land. But I don't think that would be possible, because the New Ijaw today is a political union...most of the people within that umbrella would never accept that their core identity be thrown away for another man's.

Most of the people claiming ijaw are doing it so as not to make their community a minority in nigeria, and some would prefer to say that they are ijaw so the northeners and westerners don't accuse them of being igbo. Ijaw is now the fastest growing tribe in Nigeria, and it's not because the Izon women are delivering 20babies per family. In 1999, Ijaw tribe was about the same as the Isoko tribe. Today, those claiming Ijaws are now over 10 times the isoko and will continue to grow. We are waiting for the Ogoni people to declare that they are ijaws too and possible Isoko too, maybe one day the benin people and most other south-south. Slowly Ijaw will be the biggest Nigerian tribe. But atleast we all understand what lies underneath it all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 8:40am On Jun 06, 2019
nengibo:

Akassa man answering Nwaezefunamba interesting

You are a funny guy, do you know how many people within our local Village here with Igbo name?
We have the very popular goalie by name Uchenna, what does that change? Go to Minibelue, there's a man called maazi Ekwueme.
Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by Sinistami(m): 1:26pm On Jun 06, 2019
onyeopobo:

Nengi, the difference between your comparison and the situation in Bayelsa state is that. All igboic subgroups can actually communicate using their native dialect with each other, with lowest comprehension levels at somewhere between 30% to 40% because the really are speaking igbo language with a weirder tone and maybe more slangs whereas when some of the communities that call theirselves ijaw today speak, to some other ijaws, they might have been speaking arabic or chinese as NOTHING IS INTELLIGIBLE> That's what he's saying.

The best way to solve this would be to pick one of the ijoid languages as the central one and then force everyother community that claims to be ijoid to teach it in school and require it as a requirement for getting any job in ijaw land. But I don't think that would be possible, because the New Ijaw today is a political union...most the people within that umbrella would never accept that their core identity be thrown away for another man's.

Most of the people claiming ijaw are doing it so as not to make their community a minority in nigeria, and some would prefer to say that they are ijaw so the northeners and westerners don't accuse them of being igbo. Ijaw is now the fastest growing tribe in Nigeria, and it's not because the Izon women are delivering 20babies per family. In 1999, Ijaw tribe was about the same as the Isoko tribe. Today, those claiming Ijaws are now over 10 times the isoko and will continue to grow. We are waiting for the Ogoni people to declare that they are ijaws too and possible Isoko too, maybe one day the benin people and most other south-south. Slowly Ijaw will be the biggest Nigerian tribe. But atleast we all understand that lies underneath it all.

Somehow this your comment is funny to me. But it's true shaa.

1 Like

Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by Ahamefuna0001(m): 7:37pm On Jun 06, 2019
Ekpeitit:
Niger Deltans be careful, they are trying to trick us into their Biafra,never trust an Igbo snake.

Did they also tricked Serieke Dickson Bayelsa state governor to thank Emeka Ihedioha the IMO state governor too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bye-Election: Orji Kalu And His Entourage Storm Ariaria Int'l Market (Photos) / Governors Planning To Buy Votes With Old Naira Notes – Muiz Banire / South-east Presidency: Who Is Your Preferred Candidate??

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.