Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Mobile Phone Apps For Nigeria - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Mobile Phone Apps For Nigeria (8943 Views)

Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? / Convert J2ME (Feature Phone) Apps Into APK (Android Apps) With This Tool / Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mobile Phone Apps For Nigeria by NumberOne2(m): 7:16pm On Sep 29, 2010
I have been working on some mobile applications which is adapted to the Nigerian environment. The mode of downloading apps which is mainly internet based and a drawback was tackled by allowing users share the apps via Bluetooth, USB or Infrared. I designed applications like Abuja Mobile Map, Lagos Island Mobile Map, 1999 Amended Constitution and other free apps like Nigeria @ 50.
I realize that a lot of folks use blackberry but don't have data connections and so the internet will not be a very good marketing ground. You can view my apps at http://www.greenspek.com

The mobile game and application market in Nigeria is very small. Though globacom is trying to do something (this is not a PR for them), but they are restricted to just their subscribers and is wap based.

What I did was make my applications secure by allowing people share them, but they will not be able to use them until they pay. Also users can have a (60 second) preview of the application before purchase. I met with SMS short code companies, their prices were not encouraging at all. Thus, I had to make the payment mode to be recharge card based. Thanks to the amount of scam that requires sending recharge cards, this may have a few drawbacks but I'm optimistic.

I'm pretty excited and will like to see how much downloads are made in the next 3 - 6 months.

You can view my apps at http://www.greenspek.com

2 Likes

Re: Mobile Phone Apps For Nigeria by donclemo(m): 6:02am On Sep 30, 2010
i am very much impressed with your work infact u , seun and alot more people are positive Nigerians who instead of complaining/insulting and cursing everytime about nigeria and yet not trying to do anything positive have decided to touch the lives of Nigerians with your work . u guys show that something positive can come from Nigeria. good job
Re: Mobile Phone Apps For Nigeria by okeyxyz(m): 4:41pm On Sep 30, 2010
good job. i'd not had proper look at your apps, but im impressed so far.

@donclemo, there r millions of reasons 2 complain abt 9ja. ppl r not just crying wolf, but feeling real pain here. eg: i'd seen light for just abt 6 hrs in d last 5 days. wat do u suggest i do abt dat? don't insult ppl's intelligence.
Re: Mobile Phone Apps For Nigeria by donclemo(m): 6:05pm On Sep 30, 2010
okeyxyz:

good job. i'd not had proper look at your apps, but im impressed so far.

@donclemo, there r millions of reasons 2 complain abt 9ja. ppl r not just crying wolf, but feeling real pain here. eg: i'd seen light for just abt 6 hrs in d last 5 days. wat do u suggest i do abt dat? don't insult ppl's intelligence.

you have a right to complain i didnt say u dont have that right. because in every society wether Nigeria or America there are people that will try to make things better for themselves and the society and there are people that will keep shouting so u decide which one of them u want to be. even as there is no light in Naija it has not stop Nairaland from working. Seun said he was using motor battery for his laptop and candle light in the night for this website to work. if he was shouting no light and was just sitting down and not doing something positive we wouldnt have the opportunity talking here in nairaland. the point am trying to make we have talent in Nigeria who keep on complaining instead of thinking of positive things to do. Nobody is ordinary except u want to make urself ordinary. Even in America today there a lot of people that say the government is bleeped up. Once again @ number one i am very impressed with your work. keep on the work

1 Like

Re: Mobile Phone Apps For Nigeria by NumberOne2(m): 6:42pm On Sep 30, 2010
Thanks guys.

I think complaining about a problem is good, but doing something about it is better. I'm yet to see where complaining alone solve any problems. There has to be some action.
Re: Mobile Phone Apps For Nigeria by donclemo(m): 8:23pm On Sep 30, 2010
i totally agree with you
Re: Mobile Phone Apps For Nigeria by 9janinja(m): 5:28pm On Oct 06, 2010
i haven't checked it but i suggest that u and seun du something together and make nairaland into an app format as not all phone accept posting i dont know if am clear to guiz
cheers
Re: Mobile Phone Apps For Nigeria by 9janinja(m): 5:42pm On Oct 06, 2010
i have checked it it lovely is it compertible with nokia 6288 thanks
Re: Mobile Phone Apps For Nigeria by 9janinja(m): 5:55pm On Oct 06, 2010
i think you should merge with one of this communication firm and come out with something pls we all cant wait
Re: Mobile Phone Apps For Nigeria by NumberOne2(m): 2:23pm On Oct 28, 2010
Thanks guys. Most telecom companies aren't interested in stuff like this yet. They feel the app market is still young in Nigeria. I intend to proove them wrong.
Re: Mobile Phone Apps For Nigeria by NumberOne2(m): 1:30pm On May 20, 2013
More apps have been added to our catalogue at www.greenspek.com/download
- Exam key points on various subjects. For WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB and Post JAMB.
- Ebook by various Nigerian Authors
- My Abuja (Tour guide and Mini Business Directory)
Re: Mobile Phone Apps For Nigeria by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 20, 2013
impressed... download my juno eclipse, SDK and java... see u at the TOP... grin grin grin
Re: Mobile Phone Apps For Nigeria by NumberOne2(m): 1:12pm On Nov 10, 2013
Re: Mobile Phone Apps For Nigeria by jacobson26: 12:44pm On Nov 12, 2013
LEARN HOW TO CREATE YOUR APP
TODAY AND START MAKING MONEY
CHECK THIS OUT
http:///18nICqt
Re: Mobile Phone Apps For Nigeria by losvemous: 6:20pm On Nov 17, 2013
Number one, i have a mobile app yet to be developed. Please contact me with my yahoo mail; dioffer4real@yahoo.com or www.facebook.com/ovemous, i'l love to talk with you.
Re: Mobile Phone Apps For Nigeria by jboy01(m): 4:02pm On Nov 18, 2013
Why are most java programmers here running toward mobile phone app development?
Re: Mobile Phone Apps For Nigeria by NumberOne2(m): 10:27am On Nov 22, 2013
losvemous: Number one, i have a mobile app yet to be developed. Please contact me with my yahoo mail; dioffer4real@yahoo.com or www.facebook.com/ovemous, i'l love to talk with you.
Ok, thanks for your interest. I have contacted you.

jboy01: Why are most java programmers here running toward mobile phone app development?
Mobile is the future. More phones and tablets are sold today than desktops and laptops. However, the PC still rules.
Re: Mobile Phone Apps For Nigeria by losvemous: 5:34pm On Nov 22, 2013
[quote author=Number_One]
Ok, thanks for your interest. I have contacted you.

Thnkx.. i have replied u.
Re: Mobile Phone Apps For Nigeria by PMIcon(m): 6:08pm On Sep 29, 2016
Hi @NunmberOne2, please can you give me an idea of the cost of making an app, advertising it and selling ads on it in Nigeria.
mailboominn@gmail.com

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Python 3: Exercises And Solutions. / Why Is Programming Difficult? / Is This What Big IT Firms Do? Please Help Me Out Nairaland Programmers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.