Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,628 members, 7,820,221 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Why Is Programming Difficult? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Is Programming Difficult? (8968 Views)

How Hard Is Programming / How Lucrative Is Programming / Is Programming A Talent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Programming Difficult? by Alexanda07(m): 3:51pm On Jun 21, 2011
Dear programmers, why is programming difficult. Please what is the easiest way to learn programming in just a week. Program language like PHP, java, c++, asp and so on. Why are they just difficult. Am just sometimes discouraged in learning them because of the fact that their tutorial materials are just too voluminous. please, someone should help me out. Those writing the tutorial, why cant they know their material is too large to understand. If they really want to help someone to learn program, let them provide good alternatives.
Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by naijaswag1: 6:47pm On Jun 21, 2011
If you think that you can learn programming in one week,shelve that idea.If you can think well in 0's and 1's then you can see how easy it is to program.Can you learn a new human language in one week? If you are serious, map out 6months for learning a new programming language depending on how fast you can assimilate and digest.Then ask yourself,if you want to be proficient and make a good living from programming or just knowing it as one of those extra knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 21, 2011
Lol, From the way u sound, programming is not for u. Unless, u change perspective, of course. Are u a beginner? If yes, i have to tell u that u can't learn to program in a week. Infact, u will program for a long time to even merit the title "intermediate programmer". Programming is a journey that has no end. Programmers learn new skills every time. Even advanced programmer can't boast of knowing all the functions/methods/libraries of the particular programming language of expertise. My advice, u don't need to knw everything in a programming language to use it. Take it bit by bit and be very patient cos truly programming is difficult. Thanks.
Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by Afritelly: 9:08pm On Jun 21, 2011
Well, programming is not difficult. It only time consuming, and the best way to know it, is to moving with the people who know the structures of the language. Learn basic by yourself and learn application (real live projects) of any programming you want to know.
Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by Bossman(m): 11:20pm On Jun 21, 2011
Learning a language is one thing. More importantly. You have to be able to think logically. That is, you are given a problem, and you come up with a way to solve it. It certainly helps to good in math.
Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by Fayimora(m): 11:36pm On Jun 21, 2011
Haahahah these are ma best set of replies, lmaoo,  1 week hahahaha. If i remember i used 1 week to learn each construct in programming(looping, branching, conditions, methods, e.t.c),  Now in total 3 months and I was a procedural guru(of course am in a sch but hey i do the learning myself). Now i took 2 weeks to learn each aspect of OOP. That I spent another 3months on(sch semester and again i did the learning myself). Now you move into data structures(playing around with large data) and again Algorithms(learn how to EFFECTIVELY handle data and do other stuff).

Now the plane fact is that you get to this stage and you are at a professional intermediate level. Wanna know how to connect to networks, send data tru dem, manipulate them? Wanna learn things like cryptography and encryption? Now you have reached the advanced topics and if you survive at least 5 of them(very proficient using them) then you become and advanced programmer.

Ok now say you were using Java to learn your programming. How about you try a more native language like c++? You ar already an advanced programmer so you are just going to face syntax difficulties and of course you learn new stuff like playing with memory. Now you have finished c++ to an intermediate level. You have just succeeded in increasing your job opportunities and skills.

Hey you are not done, how about manipulating files and the likes. lol now you need to learn a scripting language like perl. :p Again you have just succeeded in increasing your job opportunities and skills.

Do you want to explore? why not try out a functional language like Haskell. At a point you would would get tired of it. Time to make some money right? Yeah so what market do you want to penetrate into? Mobile apps, desktop applications, web applications?? Lets say Mobile apps, so whats your target? Android, hmmmm cool you already are advanced in java so go for it.And so on and so forth,

What am i trying to say here, absolutely everything in CS is a step by step process. One single step at a time. You said the articles are too long. Lemme tell you one of my secrets. If an article isin't long, I ain't reading it. am not saying its the truth but I knw that a long article is written by someone who has something reasonable to say(excluding the very useless ones).

Anyways i can go on and on and never stop so in essence, just like "agi-tuedor" said above, if you can't change your state of mind then programming ain't for you.

I know you can change you mind cheesy. Just believe in yourself and you would make it. It might take 4 years but trust me its worth it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by Nov1ce(m): 9:49am On Jun 22, 2011
From the way you sound, I can depict that it's not meant for but if you really want to learn, you've got to be ready to devote time and brain power to it, and you can't learn programming in one week cause you first have t start thinking like the computer before and of the syntax make meaningful sense; except you want to write programs to add two numbers together or to say hello world,
Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by MrBarzini: 10:40am On Jun 22, 2011
You've been smoking too much.
Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by catso(m): 11:00am On Jun 22, 2011
Humm,
Programming is not meant for lazy readers or someone that can not research.
You can not even learn programming in 1yr cos its a continuous thing, you keep learning new things everyday blessed day.
If u're serious abt it, u 1st learn the basics and the syntax. By the time u know these, new ideas will be coming to ur mind which will require you to read the more and do more research.

Its challenging and dynamic.
But i must tell you 'Its not difficult but very interesting'
Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by medoski(m): 11:16am On Jun 22, 2011
I wrote an article about how to start a programming career in a local newspaper try and read it
http://digitsdotbooks..com/
Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by headworld: 11:35am On Jun 22, 2011
Our client, a growing IT firm in Lagos requires the services of dynamic goal getters and creative thinkers as:

(1) BRAND MANAGERS (Female): to manage and market all software products of the company into leading brands, by expanding our clientele.
The candidate must be a graduate (B.SC/HND) and residing in Lagos
2 to 5 years client management and core marketing experience is desirious.
Sound IT and computer proficiency is also a must.
Experience in marketing software products will be an added advantage.

(2) PROGRAMMERS (Database) (Male): To join our current team of programmers to research, develop and implement new applications to meet the need/requirements of our diverse clientele
The candidate must also be a graduate (B.SC/HND). Certification in programming is a must.
2 to 5 years experience is required for the ideal candidate.
Be resident in Lagos.

INTERESTED and Qualified candidates should please forward their CV to softjobs4me@yahoo.com
using their MOBILE NO and POSITION applied for as Subject of the Email.
Please, kindly note that the CV should be COPIED and PASTED as the message of the Email, as attachments will NOT be opened.
(NO ATTACHMENTs PLEASE)

Submission closes Friday 24th June 2011 by 6pm.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview, then training and resumption follows.

Regards.
Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by ufumes(m): 11:42am On Jun 22, 2011
Anyone that tells you that you can be a good programmer in a week wants to deceive you. If you are passionate about being a programmer, then you should be willing to give it your time and hardwork. Just like any other good endeavors, it's not easy to one.
Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by segunjowo(m): 11:49am On Jun 22, 2011
I will like to be a programmer. Ping me on 305688D9 if u r a good coach.
Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 22, 2011
@ fayimora

Am interested in programming. pls give me a long list of the book titles and authors you read to get where you are in programming. I use wizardry when it comes to studying. I teach my teachers in weeks. Am optimistic. pls present the list chronologically. waiting,
Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by emmanbol: 1:52pm On Jun 22, 2011
please, the writer 'fayimora' you inspired me on learning programming without going for it training. I wanna know if i can learn it by myself without going to it school. I dont really have the money to do it. Can some one help me pls.
Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by Dsense(m): 2:48pm On Jun 22, 2011
Stop deceiving urself nd get urself together, if u really want to learn programming then u got to devote so much time and brain to it,else u end up learning nothing while thinking u had acquired it all.I just steped into it too though I'm takin it in sch too but I have just discovered it isn't an easy task at all, . .just embark on it and u will catch up quickly if takin on d above tips. smiley
Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by jerryben12: 3:59pm On Jun 22, 2011
Google the answer.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by mkpologwu(m): 5:02pm On Jun 22, 2011
E no hard at all except for olodo them. I learnt mine in just 1hr.
She shld call me or he shld try elsewhere.
Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 22, 2011
programming is easy, dont mind those saying it's not meant for you.
just take a step at a time.
Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 22, 2011
Are u sure of what u are saying? Programming is only easy for an expert, just like everything else. It can give beginners nightmares, just like it did to the poster of this topic. To learn a new skill is difficult especially for adult, programming inclusive. I remember when I wanted to learn the guitar, it wasn' a joke. But when I see guys playing it, i wonder how they can play such a "hard" instrument. It is so easy for them and not me, why? I guess because I'm a beginner. Every skill is hard for the beginner but not the expert. At least, this separates the "grain" from the "chain". Not every man can/will program.
sledjama:

programming is easy, dont mind those saying it's not meant for you.
just take a step at a time.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by Gbenge77(m): 7:11pm On Jun 22, 2011
That would be some sort of a feat.
Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 22, 2011
we all cannot have equal proficiency in everything as som1 has pointed out. But I must tell you that desire backed by a burning passion can achieve anything. It will only cost time and energy. Bill gates story lets us know dat he dropped out of school because of his burning desire to became a computer programmer and he did well. so can u.
Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by Busols757: 8:06pm On Jun 22, 2011
we can not al beget pastors, so if programming is not for u then try be an electrician tongue
Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by suneepet1: 8:26pm On Jun 22, 2011
i don't think programming is that difficult as you say it,all you have to do is take it step by step and know which of the field you want to venture.you need the know if you want to deal with web app or desktop software.hither-to you have to start learning from HTML TO CSS-JAVASCRIPT and so on.if you can understand that all you have made a head way.that is how i really start learning.if you really have interest you can reach me through my mobile on 08065237543,i have a complete version of books to kick you up.
Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by Charleebro(m): 11:47pm On Jun 22, 2011
Dude,iv also been trying to learn programming and it used to be mad difficult but im trying to understand the basics.variables,loops and all.Im currently trying to learn visualbasic(even tho most people consider it a dying language),java and PHP.C++ will come later.I found this really cool site that could help you.Its called 'thenewboston.com'.A genius programmer called bucky owns d site and u can watch video tutorials on a number of programming topics on there(PHP,Python,Java,Game development,C,C++,visualbasic,javascript etc).I just downloaded a bunch of d videos and thats what im currently using to learn.I find video tutorials are better in some cases.
Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by lekside44(m): 9:55am On Jun 23, 2011
you can be a good programmer in one week but not a proffesioner. if you are interested in learning text me @ 07036745322
Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 23, 2011
Bro, can you tell the difference? Good programmer and professional.
lekside44:

you can be a good programmer in one week but not a proffesioner. if you are interested in learning text me @ 07036745322
Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by Fayimora(m): 10:41pm On Jun 23, 2011
lekside44:

I what planet? Mars, Venus?? Please tell me!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by laoludavid(m): 7:26am On Jun 24, 2011
I am interested in this topic my question is can i learn programming online
Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by duby91(m): 7:58am On Jun 24, 2011
@poster its not at all if u want to enjoy it , download visual studio 2010 ultimate and work wit sams teach yourself asp, c#, c++ etc in 24hours it will help u very well if u r serious den if u want to get more den u could den go for d big books for more experience, i could send u d books if u want but for the visual studio 2010 i wld hv lovd to send it but its heavy i dnt knw if it will go tru, email me at maffycole@gmail.com
Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by AspWebUK: 8:34am On Jun 24, 2011
[size=15pt]@laoludavid and anyone interested
Yes we can teach you programming online, on msn, yahoo messenger or skype, up to a level whereby who can study the rest by yourself, you need a good teacher or an instructor if you want to become a programmer. The topics we will cover are:
Data Types
Variables
Selection
Iteration
Methods
Arrays
Classes & Object
Inheritance
Interfaces
Adapters
Collections - List, Set & Map
GUI
Multi-Dimentional Arrays
Introduction to programming mobile devices
Introduction to Multi-Threaded application & Network programming
Let us know if you are interested.
Support@aspwebuk.com
http://www.aspwebuk.com
ASP Website Hosting Ltd - UK
[/size]
Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by Barrywhite8620: 8:56am On Jun 24, 2011
can i learn programming language from,
http://www.w3schools.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Programming Language Is Used In Building PES? / Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers / Is This What Big IT Firms Do? Please Help Me Out Nairaland Programmers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.