Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

BBC IGBO Apologizes For Insensitivity Of It 'happy Eid' Post - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBC IGBO Apologizes For Insensitivity Of It 'happy Eid' Post (6385 Views)

Sam Amadi Apologizes For Tweeting Picture Of CJN, Ariwoola / Twitter User Who Said Cows Are Better Than Igbo Apologizes After Brother Was. / "I Will Sacrifice 5 Million Biafrans" - Igbos Attack Kanu For Insensitivity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

BBC IGBO Apologizes For Insensitivity Of It 'happy Eid' Post by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jun 04, 2019
The BBC Igbo has shown concern for it earlier irrelevant post, wishing non Muslim Igbo people 'Happy Eid'. It has now asked for suggestions on future post

Pics below

Cc: lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: BBC IGBO Apologizes For Insensitivity Of It 'happy Eid' Post by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jun 04, 2019
A those dullards trying to make nonsense arguments, the whiteman is more sensible than you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC IGBO Apologizes For Insensitivity Of It 'happy Eid' Post by Armaggedon: 9:22pm On Jun 04, 2019
way to go. It is called BBC Igbo not BBC Islam. We have values to protect and Islam isn't one of them.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBC IGBO Apologizes For Insensitivity Of It 'happy Eid' Post by OdumegwuOjukwu: 9:23pm On Jun 04, 2019
Don't mind those crying more than the bereaved.

Igbos are predominantly christians, it is insensitive for BBC to wish them collectively Salah whatever. Now they have realized their mistake and seeking to make amend. I think we can close this chapter now and move on.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BBC IGBO Apologizes For Insensitivity Of It 'happy Eid' Post by Harrymig1(m): 9:23pm On Jun 04, 2019
Igbo amaka. God bless Nigeria

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC IGBO Apologizes For Insensitivity Of It 'happy Eid' Post by oilPUSSY(f): 9:26pm On Jun 04, 2019
Nice One

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBC IGBO Apologizes For Insensitivity Of It 'happy Eid' Post by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jun 04, 2019
Igbos don't take crap. BBC Igbo scared of losing the little 5% audience of Igbos they are enjoying. I can assure 95% of Igbos don't listen to that crap of fake Radio station

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC IGBO Apologizes For Insensitivity Of It 'happy Eid' Post by Afam4eva(m): 9:30pm On Jun 04, 2019
johndoexxx:
Igbos don't take crap. BBC Igbo scared of losing the little 5% audience of Igbos they are enjoying. I can assure 95% of Igbos don't listen to that crap of fake Radio station
More like 0.5%.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBC IGBO Apologizes For Insensitivity Of It 'happy Eid' Post by Armaggedon: 9:31pm On Jun 04, 2019
naptu2 grin

3 Likes

Re: BBC IGBO Apologizes For Insensitivity Of It 'happy Eid' Post by SLAP44: 9:31pm On Jun 04, 2019
Better.

2 Likes

Re: BBC IGBO Apologizes For Insensitivity Of It 'happy Eid' Post by festacman(m): 9:33pm On Jun 04, 2019
I have read what BBC wrote in above-mentioned post several times and still can't see anything related to apology there. The post is rather inviting listeners to send in questions as well as tune in on Friday for a discussion on fake news. Unless there exist another post different from the one OP posted, BBC has not apologized for anything. The topic is simply misleading.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBC IGBO Apologizes For Insensitivity Of It 'happy Eid' Post by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 04, 2019
I still maintain while enugu are over 45 percent Muslims, ebonyi are predominantly Muslims.

So no need for the apology after o ndi isi ala na these two states na ebutere anyi mkpari.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC IGBO Apologizes For Insensitivity Of It 'happy Eid' Post by OdumegwuOjukwu: 9:37pm On Jun 04, 2019
Osagyefo98:
I still maintain while enugu are over 45 percent Muslims, ebonyi are predominantly Muslims.

So no need for the apology after o ndi isi ala na these two states na ebutere anyi mkpari.

Yeah, the right to maintain craps in our head is freely given. Please continue the unrestricted exercise of this right. It's allowed.

Onye ara m'uche obi ye grin!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC IGBO Apologizes For Insensitivity Of It 'happy Eid' Post by oilPUSSY(f): 9:39pm On Jun 04, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Enugu is 45percent Muslim.
Ebonyi is hundred percent Muslim, yet not even an ordinary ward councilor is a Muslim from the aforementioned states..
Now where is your brain this impostor ?..Igbo wannabe..

This game you are playing on nairaland won't have any effect offline because you are wasting your time.

You will be first to type in Igbo language with translator on nairaland just to give impression that you are Igbo, but when Igbos start responding in Igbo in Igbo language , you will run away like chicken or you will deviate from the topic of discussion and keep typing Igbo even when what you are saying is not inline with what the person you are discussing with is saying.

Oburu na Ibu ezigbo nwafo ñuru ara nne ya nkeoma, biakene ka anyi sua nya bu Igbo ofuma.. Igbakwana Oso. Suo na olu nke gi kam n'asuo n'olu nkem.. grin

Now reply me with Igbo..Don't deviate, just give me a reply in Igbo... I meant what I typed in Igbo.

I dare you!

Modified.. Osage, this is close to 30 mins you are yet to reply me unlike you that always reply people's mention to prove yourself right .. grin.
Google no go help for this matter.. Abi you dey look for Igbo man who go help you translate am by this time of the night ? grin
Osage reply me.. Don't run away. Impostor!

Cc

LLobiorah

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBC IGBO Apologizes For Insensitivity Of It 'happy Eid' Post by Zuorom: 9:49pm On Jun 04, 2019
Osagyefo98:

you are free to keep hallucinating, the reality will not change just because you refuse to accept it

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC IGBO Apologizes For Insensitivity Of It 'happy Eid' Post by Balyz: 10:01pm On Jun 04, 2019
What BBC Igbo fails to realize is that the vast majority of it's subscribers are unapologetic religious bigots, but they are also hypocrites too. Always quick to scream marginalization where they find themselves in the minority, but dish out the same treatment to the minority within their midst. A simple holiday salutation and they go haywire

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBC IGBO Apologizes For Insensitivity Of It 'happy Eid' Post by maestroferddi: 10:18pm On Jun 04, 2019
Balyz:
What BBC Igbo fails to realize is that the vast majority of it's subscribers are unapologetic religious bigots, but they are also hypocrites too. Always quick to scream marginalization where they find themselves in the minority, but dish out the same treatment to the minority within their midst. A simple holiday salutation and they go haywire
Igbos abhor Islam ....

That should not be too hard for your brain to process na....

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC IGBO Apologizes For Insensitivity Of It 'happy Eid' Post by prizlezzlalasky(f): 10:21pm On Jun 04, 2019
festacman:
I have read what BBC wrote in above-mentioned post several times and still can't see anything related to apology there. The post is rather inviting listeners to send in questions as well as tune in on Friday for a discussion on fake news. Unless there exist another post different from the one OP posted, BBC has not apologized for anything. The topic is simply misleading.

my dear... ain't seen no apology....@ op did u read that writeup?...
a na akughali asiri

3 Likes

Re: BBC IGBO Apologizes For Insensitivity Of It 'happy Eid' Post by Hotworta1: 10:48pm On Jun 04, 2019
Inukwa anakogheri!

Salam Alaikun

Eid Kareem to every IGBOS and Muslim bros and sis on this platform.

I still don't know what the razzmatazz is all about.

~5G
~Hydro Automobile
~Robots
~Medical technology
~trade and investment etc

Oh the world has left us behind...religious bigotry,tribalism has really eaten deep in most Nigerians that we forget important issues battling our nation and waste energy on things that shouldn't even matter. Tomorrow now na they be preaching "yen yen yen religious tolerance". Nonsense!

The world won't wait for any country.

NB: if u quote this comment with trash...the thunder that will scatter your intestine is nearby. angry

1 Like

Re: BBC IGBO Apologizes For Insensitivity Of It 'happy Eid' Post by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 04, 2019
THIS IS THE FIRST TIME AN HEARING OF SUCH RADIO STATION.

I WAS OF THE IMPRESSION THAT BBC ONLY HAVE HAUSA RADIO.

PLS DOES ANY ONE KNW THEIR FREQUENCY?

2 Likes

Re: BBC IGBO Apologizes For Insensitivity Of It 'happy Eid' Post by RoyalUc(m): 11:42pm On Jun 04, 2019
Where is the apology?

1 Like

Re: BBC IGBO Apologizes For Insensitivity Of It 'happy Eid' Post by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jun 04, 2019
festacman:

I have been following your comments on this forum. Though you claim Igbo most times, am really questioning your genealogy. Everything about your comments are awkward. Coz you are always anti even when you should be neutral.

You are one Igbo man I pray never to meet.

On the topic, It wouldn't make any sense to go to a page that is predominantly Igbos and wish them Eid El Fitri Or Ramadan Kareem knowing fully well they can be very sensitive with religion. Islam is like a taboo to most Igbos I know and obviously, they don't even want to do anything with it.

I was reading a comment from one Yoruba guy like that yesterday (Unlimtk or so) where he was lamenting bitterly that Yoruba muslims have hijacked the Yoruba movie industry and that most times when he wants to watch the usual Yoruba movies, he will be hearing things like Allahu Akbar, Asalum Walleikum... etc. Why should Yoruba Christians not be worried by this development knowing fully well there children watch those stations? Would they be surprised if there children gets brainwashed tomorrow?

Am not against any religion be it Christianity, Islam, Buddhism or any other religion.

But This is exactly how it starts. They begin gradually by making foreign and abnormal things seem normal to you. Then gradually, infiltrate and penetrate your psyche. Bam... You are brainwashed.

You put on African magic Igbo channel tomorrow and see Mrs Nkechi telling her husband.. "Dim Oma, Asalum Amelekum"

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC IGBO Apologizes For Insensitivity Of It 'happy Eid' Post by Yyeske(m): 11:45pm On Jun 04, 2019
What's today's date please and from what I read there, it was something else that was being talked about. Pained wailers, why na?

2 Likes

Re: BBC IGBO Apologizes For Insensitivity Of It 'happy Eid' Post by Yyeske(m): 11:48pm On Jun 04, 2019
Balyz:
BBC never apologized for anything, if you can read and understand the Igbo language, what was written there is not related to the topic.

1 Like

Re: BBC IGBO Apologizes For Insensitivity Of It 'happy Eid' Post by Balyz: 12:08am On Jun 05, 2019
Yyeske:
BBC never apologized for anything, if you can read and understand the Igbo language, what was written there is not related to the topic.
okay

1 Like

Re: BBC IGBO Apologizes For Insensitivity Of It 'happy Eid' Post by SilasNwude: 12:20am On Jun 05, 2019
[s]
Balyz:
[/s]
shatap

4 Likes

Re: BBC IGBO Apologizes For Insensitivity Of It 'happy Eid' Post by festacman(m): 12:40am On Jun 05, 2019
VenusTechShop:

I have been following your comments on this forum. Though you claim Igbo most times, am really questioning your genealogy. Everything about your comments are awkward. Coz you are always anti even when you should be neutral.

You are one Igbo man I pray never to meet.
I grew up from an Igbo seed and never propagated from a cutting or crossbred. I am Igbo because I am Igbo. Therefore, I don't need your validation or to follow one man sheepishly to be a true Igbo. Inspite of many things being upside down, wisemen still come from the East and by nature they do not suffer fools either emotionally or gladly. I am straight up rational, bold and republican because the Igboness in me is undiluted and of premium quality. I don't know if all these can be said about you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC IGBO Apologizes For Insensitivity Of It 'happy Eid' Post by Dreambeat: 12:54am On Jun 05, 2019
I can't see any apology in the above BBC post.Someone should educate me please

1 Like

Re: BBC IGBO Apologizes For Insensitivity Of It 'happy Eid' Post by sapientia(m): 6:16am On Jun 05, 2019
Where is the apology?

1 Like

Re: BBC IGBO Apologizes For Insensitivity Of It 'happy Eid' Post by OAUTemitayo: 6:18am On Jun 05, 2019
Dreambeat:
I can't see any apology in the above BBC post.Someone should educate me please
How dare you?
Igbos are masturbating and you are saying otherwise.
Igbos have spoken

3 Likes

Re: BBC IGBO Apologizes For Insensitivity Of It 'happy Eid' Post by LLobiorah: 7:08am On Jun 05, 2019
oilPUSSY:

Enugu is 45percent Muslim.
Ebonyi is hundred percent Muslim, yet not even an ordinary ward councilor is a Muslim from the aforementioned states..
Now where is your brain this impostor ?..Igbo wannabe..

This game you are playing on nairaland won't have any effect offline because you are wasting your time.

You will be first to type in Igbo language with translator on nairaland just to give impression that you are Igbo, but when Igbos start responding in Igbo, you will run away like chicken or you will deviate from the discussion and keep typing Igbo even when what you are saying is not inline with what the person you are discussing with is saying.

Oburu na Ibu ezigbo nwafo ñuru ara nne ya nkeoma, biakene ka anyi sua nya bu Igbo ofuma.. Igbakwana Oso. Suo na olu nke gi kam n'asuo n'olu nkem.. grin

Now reply me with Igbo..Don't deviate, just give me a reply in Igbo... I meant what I typed in Igbo.

I dare you!

Modified.. Osage, this is close to 30 mins you are yet to reply me unlike you.. grin.
Google no go help for this matter.. Abi you dey look for Igbo man who go help you translate am by this time of the night ? grin

Cc

LLobiorah

The dude is just Fake, fake, fake. In his mind, he's championing division among igbos. Trying to make the average thinking folks understand a figment of his thoughts which is built on lies, deceit and falsity.

Do pity him? No!
I pity the gullible lots, that will swallow his bait, and think like zombies.

As for him replying you in igbo, nke ahu abughi ozo o gay echi nwu. Osagyefo ga eji ilu o huru nah Google translator, saa obere ajuju ajuru ya. Eziokwu oga dimma, ka anti gba ajo mmadu a nkiti. Obi ya, joro njo nke ukwu.

But by the way, i see no apologies there by BBC. Who put up this thread?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

“i’ll See You Off. The Rest Can Make Their Way.” President Buhari To VP Osibanjo / Corona Virus: Bill Gate Was Attacked / Igbophobia Ongoing In Lagos And South West: What's Happening?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.