Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

'The Call Of Italy Is Strong' - Sarri - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 'The Call Of Italy Is Strong' - Sarri (16642 Views)

Victor Nsofor Obinna Becomes A Citizen Of Italy (Photo) / Former Napoli Coach Sarri Chooses Chelsea Over PSG / Chelsea And Sarri Reportedly Agree On A Two-year Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'The Call Of Italy Is Strong' - Sarri by ogbiwa: 4:21am On Jun 05, 2019
Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri says he misses Italy amid reports he could leave the club to join Juventus.

Sarri's future has been the subject of debate all season despite only moving to Stamford Bridge from Napoli last summer.

The 60-year-old led Chelsea to third in the Premier League, the Carabao Cup final and won the Europa League in the final against Arsenal on 29 May.

"For us Italians the call of home is strong," Sarri told Vanity Fair.

"I feel that something is missing. It has been a heavy year. I begin to feel the weight of distant friends and elderly parents I rarely see.

"But at my age, I only make professional choices. I won't be able to work for 20 years. It's hard work, the bench."

Sarri says his relationship with the Napoli fans will not change even if he does move to a rival Italian club.

"The Neapolitans know the love I feel for them. I chose to move abroad last year and not to go on an Italian team," he said, having managed them from 2015 to 2018.

"The relationship will not change. Loyalty is giving 110% when you are there. What does it mean to be faithful?"

Sarri, who is due to hold talks with Chelsea about his future, said he thinks he "deserves" to stay at the club after their 4-1 Europa League final victory.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48522131

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'The Call Of Italy Is Strong' - Sarri by ogbiwa: 4:23am On Jun 05, 2019
Motherland calling.

The call became strong after the Juventus manager's seat became vacant wink

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'The Call Of Italy Is Strong' - Sarri by odiereke(m): 5:31am On Jun 05, 2019
The choice is yours Sarri

3 Likes

Re: 'The Call Of Italy Is Strong' - Sarri by Nobody: 6:05am On Jun 05, 2019
I think he will go...He's not appreciated in England.

2 Likes

Re: 'The Call Of Italy Is Strong' - Sarri by ikezuora4689(m): 6:06am On Jun 05, 2019
Be good in what you do.... success must find you

7 Likes

Re: 'The Call Of Italy Is Strong' - Sarri by MichaelBukamzy(m): 6:06am On Jun 05, 2019
Mark my words chelsea fans,sack this man and live to regret it. a good coach but lack of patience is the fans problem.

25 Likes

Re: 'The Call Of Italy Is Strong' - Sarri by Adamsdelrio(m): 6:07am On Jun 05, 2019
Sarri must go....
Re: 'The Call Of Italy Is Strong' - Sarri by jaxxy(m): 6:08am On Jun 05, 2019
I will like to see how sarri does without hazard
Re: 'The Call Of Italy Is Strong' - Sarri by seborrhic: 6:09am On Jun 05, 2019
Good riddance.
One of the worst coaches Chelsea has had.
Winning Europa just glossed over the disaster Sarri is.
His deficiencies will be further exposed at Juventus when they fail to win the Serie A for the first time in 6years and probably exit the champions league at d group stage.
Useless coach.
A Roberto di Matteo in disguise

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'The Call Of Italy Is Strong' - Sarri by Ruddyman(m): 6:12am On Jun 05, 2019
HE CAN GO
Re: 'The Call Of Italy Is Strong' - Sarri by Chuksgeo: 6:12am On Jun 05, 2019
But it will be good for you to answer
Re: 'The Call Of Italy Is Strong' - Sarri by shuttox: 6:12am On Jun 05, 2019
Let him go...I permit him
Re: 'The Call Of Italy Is Strong' - Sarri by bigfather(m): 6:13am On Jun 05, 2019
Abeg make him go if he wan go....
Re: 'The Call Of Italy Is Strong' - Sarri by Westsida: 6:15am On Jun 05, 2019
seborrhic:
Good riddance.
His deficiencies will be further exposed at Juventus when they fail to win the Serie A for the first time in 6years and probably exit the champions league at d group stage.
Useless coach.

You’re confused

17 Likes

Re: 'The Call Of Italy Is Strong' - Sarri by ogohiochola: 6:16am On Jun 05, 2019
Go before you will be given the worst shock of your life by Chelsea ���
Re: 'The Call Of Italy Is Strong' - Sarri by GrowYourSales(m): 6:16am On Jun 05, 2019
No trouble you can leave...Thank God you didn't disgrace us completely

Is your business sales suffering? Check my signature
Re: 'The Call Of Italy Is Strong' - Sarri by namiji2598: 6:20am On Jun 05, 2019
we the Chelsea fans have sacked u since, and the owner of our club will soon sack u too if u refused to go
Re: 'The Call Of Italy Is Strong' - Sarri by hugoboss36(m): 6:21am On Jun 05, 2019
Adamsdelrio:
Sarri must go....
...shut up,if u don't know what to say..

1 Like

Re: 'The Call Of Italy Is Strong' - Sarri by Theaimischips: 6:26am On Jun 05, 2019
Hmm

Re: 'The Call Of Italy Is Strong' - Sarri by Zuorom: 6:27am On Jun 05, 2019
Then go
Re: 'The Call Of Italy Is Strong' - Sarri by openmine(m): 6:27am On Jun 05, 2019
The guy had to run....the only star player that he had is about to leave for madrid!

2 Likes

Re: 'The Call Of Italy Is Strong' - Sarri by donbrowser(m): 6:31am On Jun 05, 2019
The call for cigarettes abi

1 Like

Re: 'The Call Of Italy Is Strong' - Sarri by philkoms: 6:35am On Jun 05, 2019
A smart move for him considering the ban and the fact that Hazard will not be available in Chelsea next season.

1 Like

Re: 'The Call Of Italy Is Strong' - Sarri by igwefivestar(m): 6:36am On Jun 05, 2019
seborrhic:
Good riddance.
Useless coach.
are u for real? Cos I don't understand

6 Likes

Re: 'The Call Of Italy Is Strong' - Sarri by oshe11: 6:43am On Jun 05, 2019
MichaelBukamzy:
Mark my words chelsea fans,sack this man and live to regret it. a good coach but lack of patience is the fans problem.
Good keh

Cos we won EL

A coach whose subs is 100% predicted?

Abegy!!!

That guy is one dimensional jaré

We need a Coach that will take Kanté to his rightful position

8 Likes

Re: 'The Call Of Italy Is Strong' - Sarri by acenazt: 6:44am On Jun 05, 2019
MichaelBukamzy:
seriously.
Re: 'The Call Of Italy Is Strong' - Sarri by AbbeyvanPersie(m): 6:47am On Jun 05, 2019
Don't worry, Arizabalaga is the coach I know. Just don't forget to take Jorginho along. Stubborn man.

2 Likes

Re: 'The Call Of Italy Is Strong' - Sarri by oshe11: 6:47am On Jun 05, 2019
hugoboss36:
...shut up,if u don't know what to say..
U know ntin

If not for the foolishness of Man U and Arsenal at the later part of the season, U think we'd have been Top 5?

Sarri is a stubborn USELESS Coach

No tactics

Plays westbrom, Man City, Arsenal, Barca, Liverpool with same tactics......

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'The Call Of Italy Is Strong' - Sarri by koyeni(m): 6:50am On Jun 05, 2019
It's not by force to remain in England

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man U Planning To Sign Thomas Muller And Kai Havertz In January For £125m / Sadio Mane Isolating After Positive Coronavirus Test / Joseph Yobo Gives His Son A Birthday Shout Out On Live TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.