Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

FG Accepts Walter Onnoghen's Retirement, To Pay Him Full Benefits - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Accepts Walter Onnoghen's Retirement, To Pay Him Full Benefits (22003 Views)

Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN / Photo: President Buhari And CJN Walter Onnoghen At Armed Forces Remembrance Day / Court Stops FG From Trying Walter Onnoghen, CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Accepts Walter Onnoghen's Retirement, To Pay Him Full Benefits by Omooba77: 6:33am On Jun 06, 2019
Lagos – The Federal Government has finally accepted the notice of retirement of suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, with a decision to pay him his full entitlement.

This is coming against the backdrop of recent overtures being made by the presidency to the retired jurist, urging him to be of assistance to the All Progressives Congress-led government in resolving the election cases the party has in various courts in the land.

Onnoghen, on April 4, sent his notice of retirement to President Muhammadu Buhari following his indictment by the National Judicial Council (NJC) around the same period.

A credible judiciary source who pleaded anonymity told Daily Independent that when the presidency sought the presence of the retired jurist in Abuja, especially after APC lost Zamfara wholesale to the PDP, family members told officials that Onnoghen was in the village in Cross River State since he has no house in Abuja.

The source said presidency officials held two meetings with the family members of the retired jurist where they sought his help over these cases and also agreed to accept his notice of retirement and also give him all his entitlements.

It would be recalled that the NJC had recommended Onnoghen’s compulsory retirement based on a petition brought by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) against him “alleging financial impropriety and infidelity to the constitution”.

https://www.independent.ng/fg-finally-accepts-onnoghens-retirement-to-pay-him-full-benefits/?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Accepts Walter Onnoghen's Retirement, To Pay Him Full Benefits by Kingosytex(m): 6:38am On Jun 06, 2019
Las Las buhari has achieved his aim.

onnoghen is not gonna preside over the presidential election tribunal...

naija na scam

39 Likes

Re: FG Accepts Walter Onnoghen's Retirement, To Pay Him Full Benefits by odave: 6:40am On Jun 06, 2019
It's was so easy for them to remove him from that post. This country sef. Be clean always!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Accepts Walter Onnoghen's Retirement, To Pay Him Full Benefits by helinues: 6:41am On Jun 06, 2019
At last.....
Re: FG Accepts Walter Onnoghen's Retirement, To Pay Him Full Benefits by Realtord43: 6:43am On Jun 06, 2019
the aim and objective of the onnoghen saga has be fulfill and acomplished. the just want to act soft and compensate him

25 Likes

Re: FG Accepts Walter Onnoghen's Retirement, To Pay Him Full Benefits by Mcreloaded(m): 6:59am On Jun 06, 2019
He who goes to equity should go with clean hands.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Accepts Walter Onnoghen's Retirement, To Pay Him Full Benefits by olaric(m): 7:09am On Jun 06, 2019
And the former CJ would be foolish enough to dance to the tune of Buhari and his co-travellers?

5 Likes

Re: FG Accepts Walter Onnoghen's Retirement, To Pay Him Full Benefits by Flyingngel(m): 7:11am On Jun 06, 2019
Ok
Re: FG Accepts Walter Onnoghen's Retirement, To Pay Him Full Benefits by QuotaSystem: 7:12am On Jun 06, 2019
Onno-GONE cool

Justice should never be for hire.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Accepts Walter Onnoghen's Retirement, To Pay Him Full Benefits by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:17am On Jun 06, 2019
so this man has finally accepted his fate..well to collect huge compensation called benefits better pass intimidation and embarassment

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Accepts Walter Onnoghen's Retirement, To Pay Him Full Benefits by aanuoluwami14(f): 7:24am On Jun 06, 2019
Nigeria
Re: FG Accepts Walter Onnoghen's Retirement, To Pay Him Full Benefits by tunjiajayi: 7:26am On Jun 06, 2019
Fake news.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Accepts Walter Onnoghen's Retirement, To Pay Him Full Benefits by laudate: 7:29am On Jun 06, 2019
Omooba77:
Lagos – The Federal Government has finally accepted the notice of retirement of suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, with a decision to pay him his full entitlement.

This is coming against the backdrop of recent overtures being made by the presidency to the retired jurist, urging him to be of assistance to the All Progressives Congress-led government in resolving the election cases the party has in various courts in the land.

Onnoghen, on April 4, sent his notice of retirement to President Muhammadu Buhari following his indictment by the National Judicial Council (NJC) around the same period.

A credible judiciary source who pleaded anonymity told Daily Independent that when the presidency sought the presence of the retired jurist in Abuja, especially after APC lost Zamfara wholesale to the PDP, family members told officials that Onnoghen was in the village in Cross River State since he has no house in Abuja.

The source said presidency officials held two meetings with the family members of the retired jurist where they sought his help over these cases and also agreed to accept his notice of retirement and also give him all his entitlements.

It would be recalled that the NJC had recommended Onnoghen’s compulsory retirement based on a petition brought by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) against him “alleging financial impropriety and infidelity to the constitution”.

https://www.independent.ng/fg-finally-accepts-onnoghens-retirement-to-pay-him-full-benefits/?

They are now seeking his help after calling him corrupt, and dragging his name through the mud, and rattling him through the courts?? shocked Are these people normal, at all?

22 Likes

Re: FG Accepts Walter Onnoghen's Retirement, To Pay Him Full Benefits by laudate: 7:31am On Jun 06, 2019
olaric:
And the former CJ would be foolish enough to dance to the tune of Buhari and his co-travellers?
I wonder, o! shocked
Re: FG Accepts Walter Onnoghen's Retirement, To Pay Him Full Benefits by Bragalane: 7:33am On Jun 06, 2019
There is jail time for him in case he think he is entitled to an opinion like you. No time for rubbish abeg.
laudate:

They are now seeking his help after calling him corrupt, and dragging his name through the mud, and rattling him through the courts?? shocked Are these people normal, at all?

3 Likes

Re: FG Accepts Walter Onnoghen's Retirement, To Pay Him Full Benefits by laudate: 7:34am On Jun 06, 2019
Bragalane:
There is jail time for him in case he think he is entitled to an opinion like you. No time for rubbish abeg.
Are you the one who convicted him and sentenced him to jail? Where is the ruling? Use your brains, pls!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Accepts Walter Onnoghen's Retirement, To Pay Him Full Benefits by OAUTemitayo: 7:40am On Jun 06, 2019
laudate:

Boss, Ononeghen caused his downfall
And secondly, this report is likely false.
If FG need help on Zamfara, they will go to Tanko not Ononeghen.
And Ononeghen brought all these on himself, allowing Wike to use him.
I know you to be meticulous in analysis and discourse.
I am sure this report na error 404

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Accepts Walter Onnoghen's Retirement, To Pay Him Full Benefits by Oshin56(m): 7:50am On Jun 06, 2019
laudate:

it will be stupid of him to help them, because they have dent is reputation which can never be correct again.

4 Likes

Re: FG Accepts Walter Onnoghen's Retirement, To Pay Him Full Benefits by kenny714433(m): 7:58am On Jun 06, 2019
grin

Just like the day I retired from being a Templar's agent.
After I got a tip off that at the old pool of near Bloemfontein, a renowned pastor had used the place for dark power, I was asked by the Holy mother Church to stop it by all means.

The chilly night on the black pearl made my skin numb, but at last I arrived Bloemfontein under the cover of darkness.

I knew I had just 1hr left else the Dark Knight will awaken the dark power and that will be the end of the Church.

I scrambled through the stolen map and noticed at the heart of the pool stood and old rock castle. I made my way to the top of the rock through the water. I was dumbfounded at my discoveries.

Two armoured soldiers, armed to the teeth stood at what I'll call the entrance, and all those entering seems to be muttering a word, "Immanuel "I controlled my breath knowing any slight displacement of rock will lead to my being caught and execution.

I meandered to the entrance thanks to the darkness. Infront of the monstrous security, I peed into my pant, I was shaking violently. "Password " he mumbled. "Immanuel " I managed to say. I saw as they looked at each other, fear crept through my mind. What if that's not the password?

The metalic sword went apart as I walked in. I noticed the large chamber the small entrance led to. I saw thousands of people on a straight row of 100 rows and columns. I followed the last person who entered before me and we sat close.

I witnessed all the incantations, demonic chantings and the word of the Pope crossed my mind. Kill him before the ceremony. I knew I had failed. I saw everyone standing one after the other, moving to the front to have their foreheads painted with blood.

I had knelt for more than two hours till it was the last person before me. He rose up to the alter, I was now trembling for I wil go when he returns. I saw him coming back and I waited for him to take his place before I stand. Everything was done orderly and there was no how I could excape that.

I clasped my hands as if waiting for a communion and walked up. Millions of eyes were on me. I touched my pistol to make sure it was still there. I was almost standing infront of the dark lord when my heart jumped out. I knew the dark lord. It's
TheFacelessMan.
Before I could remove my pistol, I was rounded up by heafty men who grasped me. The priest hadn't want the ceremony to be interrupted so he asked me to be fastened on the execution table.

On the execution table, I remembered the fate of christians. I knew I had failed. I saw a security who walked up to me, gave me a dirty slap and took my pistol. I'm here he whispered. I knew the voice very well, it's Michael Cross, my Templar mate.

He had killed the soldiers outside and stolen their apparel. With a great moan, he buried my silver bullet down the skull of TheFacelessMan and there was pandemonium everywhere.

When I got back to Italy, I resigned from The Templar's agent because the risk wasn't worth it. That was the 100th time I'd escaped death.

7 Likes

Re: FG Accepts Walter Onnoghen's Retirement, To Pay Him Full Benefits by freemanbubble: 7:59am On Jun 06, 2019
Okay
Re: FG Accepts Walter Onnoghen's Retirement, To Pay Him Full Benefits by BadiratT: 7:59am On Jun 06, 2019
At last
Re: FG Accepts Walter Onnoghen's Retirement, To Pay Him Full Benefits by dukie25: 8:00am On Jun 06, 2019

This is coming against the backdrop of recent overtures being made by the presidency to the retired jurist, urging him to be of assistance to the All Progressives Congress-led government in resolving the election cases the party has in various courts in the land

The reasons were obvious, fear of election manipulation and its consequences. They've now succeeded in appointing sharia court judge as the CJN.

Well done

2 Likes

Re: FG Accepts Walter Onnoghen's Retirement, To Pay Him Full Benefits by IamPatriotic(m): 8:01am On Jun 06, 2019
It's either corruption has won or the news is fake!

4 Likes

Re: FG Accepts Walter Onnoghen's Retirement, To Pay Him Full Benefits by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 06, 2019
he will get his full benefits worth billions from Mr integrity while one zombie on niaraland will continue shouting kworupt kworupt as reward

3 Likes

Re: FG Accepts Walter Onnoghen's Retirement, To Pay Him Full Benefits by unitysheart(m): 8:01am On Jun 06, 2019
If you believe this story you can believe any poo.

1 Like

Re: FG Accepts Walter Onnoghen's Retirement, To Pay Him Full Benefits by KanuSE: 8:02am On Jun 06, 2019
Onnoghen gonegrin, one less problem without you. cool

1 Like

Re: FG Accepts Walter Onnoghen's Retirement, To Pay Him Full Benefits by ademidedavid(f): 8:02am On Jun 06, 2019
tunjiajayi:
Fake news.
Biko give us the real news.....since the said person na your family member

1 Like

Re: FG Accepts Walter Onnoghen's Retirement, To Pay Him Full Benefits by AuwalYusuf812(m): 8:03am On Jun 06, 2019
At Last...

1 Like

Re: FG Accepts Walter Onnoghen's Retirement, To Pay Him Full Benefits by BruncleZuma: 8:03am On Jun 06, 2019
Abracadabra
Re: FG Accepts Walter Onnoghen's Retirement, To Pay Him Full Benefits by klas(m): 8:04am On Jun 06, 2019
What sort of news is this?

Why would FG seek the help of someone who was sent packing since January in an on-going case? He doesn’t sit to hear the case, he didn’t constitute the panel, of what relevance is he, to the case?

10 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate / Abubakar Aliyu: Why We Can’t Generate 5,000MW Of Electricity / 2023: Only Unpatriotic Nigerians Will Vote For Tinubu, Others - Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.