Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,559 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store (47178 Views)

#Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It / LOL!!! You Will Not Believe What This Guy Did At Shoprite, Ilorin (photo) / Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store by Chijeep(m): 3:54pm On Jun 06, 2019
80% of dem won't buy anything, dey r der just 2 tak pix.
Afonjas....
I hail ooo.

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store by Phyde: 3:58pm On Jun 06, 2019
KingAzubuike:

I was at this same shoprite Ilorin some years back when I got to the counter to pay for my goods. I saw one girl beside me with only [b]premier soap in her basket.[/b] Nigerians asides maybe lagos state basically see a mall like shoprite at a tourist site. Many of them actually aren't there to buy anything . they just went there to take pictures and upload on their what'sapp status. Go to Ilorin shoprite and see how people wear makeup and even dress like say dem dey go club or party. Very ridiculous.
Cc gaddafithe2nd
For her mind, she don go shopping grin
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 06, 2019
Igbobyblood:
Villagers

So shop rite has a mall in Ilorin but don't have in Benin city? Ilorin for that matter, this people are stupid oo

Thank God local malls full Benin from market square to hallmark
Nothing special about shop rite

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store by bishopkay: 3:59pm On Jun 06, 2019
Unlimitk:

The people that build shoprite malls and promote it are Yorubas
Even only Enugu has shop rite in se still functioning well
Ogun alone has three shoprite
D promoter of shoprite and owner of those huge shoprite mall is a yoruba from Ogun state
His name is tayo amusan
So I think that's y he went to Ilorin

Make tribal bigotry no kill you ooo abi na ignorance sef mtxhewww

Enugu doesn't have the only shop rite in the south east. There's a shop rite at Onitsha and owerri also. Why benin doesn't have a shop rite mall is politics. The land Oshiomole allocated for the mall was under contest hence they had to move the mall to warri.

Small internet search go show you this thing but no you Wan claim yoruba as shop rite owners and for the records, shop rite closed their doors because 60% of rhe people there are thieves who would want to use cover of the crowd to steal, loot and plunder their store. Secondly your Mr Tayo doesn't own shoprite

4 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 06, 2019
Igbobyblood:
shop rite people don't have sense, Benin have more population than Ilorin yet they didn't open here
Shop rite came to Benin but the owners of Kada didn't let them be( from a grapevine)

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store by nokatakata: 4:01pm On Jun 06, 2019
Poverty rate in this country is getting out of hand. After the festive period, just go to that same shoprite and see how dry it will become. Nigerians see malls as recreation centres where they go to take pictures. One Kobo dem nor go spend..

Shoprite don turn amusement park for many.
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store by Daviddson(m): 4:01pm On Jun 06, 2019
Bloggers keep on recycling same pictures of 3 years ago and Lalasticlalagger grin keeps on pushing it to FP every 'Salah'. Nairaland is becoming useless with more than 50% of threads on FP being fake news or old news packaged as recent happening which itself constitutes fake news.

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store by Beedude(m): 4:01pm On Jun 06, 2019
Jayslicky:
grin Nigerians are one of the best opportunity takers, that shoprite obviously promised something exciting like buy 1 get 2 for free.
If u offer a naija person discount on a product they'll patronise you everytime and when the discount ends they'll move on to another person offering discount.
Not only Nigeria. On Black Fridays or Flash sales during festive season in Dubai, most stores are crowded also but the fact they have stores bigger than shoprite at every bustop won't make u notice. It's like having a mega mart or hypermarket like shoprite at mile12, ketu, ojota, Maryland, fadeyi, yaba, barracks etc. The point is, the festive period made people go for shopping, and lack of good competitors with shoprite caused the traffic
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store by nokatakata: 4:05pm On Jun 06, 2019
Unlimitk:

The people that build shoprite malls and promote it are Yorubas
Even only Enugu has shop rite in se still functioning well
Ogun alone has three shoprite
D promoter of shoprite and owner of those huge shoprite mall is a yoruba from Ogun state
His name is tayo amusan
So I think that's y he went to Ilorin

Do you realise shoprite is just a tenant in the malls and do not own the malls? And Yorubas do not own shoprite. Shoprite is a south African company.

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 06, 2019
asuustrike1:

Shop rite came to Benin but the owners of Kada didn't let them be( from a grapevine)
so igbenedion drove them away?

As much as local investors is good, I don't think he has the right to pursue them from Edo state
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store by IamPlato(m): 4:12pm On Jun 06, 2019
lilianofentse:
Wtf are you saying??
seen My Story?
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store by lilianofentse(f): 4:16pm On Jun 06, 2019
IamPlato:
seen My Story?
the one on your signature?
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 06, 2019
nawao nigeria

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store by IamPlato(m): 4:20pm On Jun 06, 2019
lilianofentse:
the one on your signature?
Signature? Yes.

And The One On My Profile I Posted Today
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store by gonkin(m): 4:27pm On Jun 06, 2019
Some are just there for selfie
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store by Gabson001(m): 4:38pm On Jun 06, 2019
Shoprite in ilorin spits... Those local dumbasses

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store by Sorrento: 4:43pm On Jun 06, 2019
Igbobyblood:
shop rite people don't have sense, Benin have more population than Ilorin yet they didn't open here
I know it is paining u you people don't have shoprite in Benin.why will dey come there when dey know y'all are thieves,fraudsters,terrorist,killers(they don't want to loose workers).Idiot Igbos.

*spit
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store by leksy07(m): 4:44pm On Jun 06, 2019
Igbobyblood:

So that goods will be disappearing and not seeing who is buying it abi
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 06, 2019
leksy07:

So that goods will be disappearing and not seeing who is buying it abi
grin grin grin Jesus, I hate Nigerians
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 06, 2019
Sorrento:

I know it is paining u you people don't have shoprite in Benin.why will dey come there when dey know y'all are thieves,fraudsters,terrorist,killers(they don't want to loose workers).Idiot Igbos.

*spit
baba calm down, Benin isn't even Igbo but calm down

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 06, 2019
Lolz
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store by Originalsly: 4:51pm On Jun 06, 2019
Jayslicky:
grin Nigerians are one of the best opportunity takers, that shoprite obviously promised something exciting like buy 1 get 2 for free.
If u offer a naija person discount on a product they'll patronise you everytime and when the discount ends they'll move on to another person offering discount.

What discount?.... these people would be selling something for N300 and advertise S A L E..... buy 2 for N1000 get one free.... or bring expired/almost expired stuff from other stores and people would rush the store !
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 06, 2019
HajiMT:
One lesson from this ugly development is the fact that Ilorin needs more than 1 shoprite. Some may not know that Ilorin is a large city
It is just Salah effect(not mane grin). After the festival, Ilorin Shoprite hardly get filled up with customers!!!
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store by Sorrento: 4:55pm On Jun 06, 2019
Chijeep:
80% of dem won't buy anything, dey r der just 2 tak pix.

Afonjas....

I hail ooo.
Ode omo Igbo na ur flat head don't compress your brain (Igbos) na only fraudulent sense una get.

Spit
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 06, 2019
Gaddafithe2nd:
Lol... When I see people going to malls to take pics and dressing up as if they are going to party, I can't keep wondering how stupid they are.
You are not seeing the greater Picture. They have missions to accomplish there...
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store by SmartyPants(m): 5:05pm On Jun 06, 2019
Jayslicky:

Oh you mean Nigerians are the only ones who like discounts?
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store by fortunechy(m): 5:09pm On Jun 06, 2019
what do u expect from a glorified timid village
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 06, 2019
Igbobyblood:
so igbenedion drove them away?

As much as local investors is good, I don't think he has the right to pursue them from Edo state
Well he did that,that was why shoprite opened their branch in Warri .
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store by sprints2: 5:18pm On Jun 06, 2019
HajiMT:
One lesson from this ugly development is the fact that Ilorin needs more than 1 shoprite. Some may not know that Ilorin is a large city
please what is large from tanke to fate to post office to muritala to Amilegbe to ago oba to Taiwo to gere alimi...Ilorin is not large in population as far as am concerned lived there for years... dey need more than one shoprite becos that's the only market dey value
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store by RexTramadol1: 5:20pm On Jun 06, 2019
Na today?

Dey close it to prevent stealing
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 5:24pm On Jun 06, 2019
eni4real:
You are not seeing the greater Picture. They have missions to accomplish there...
I think you are right. They want to steal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Lady's Boutique Burgled On The Eve Of Christmas (Photos) / Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN / Paylater Is A Publicity Scam For One Credit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.