Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,260 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] (19714 Views)

Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada / Lady Raises Alarm After Suspicious Man Did This To Her In Lagos Bus. Photos / Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by jerrybone(f): 12:34am On Jun 07, 2019
A twitter User, @Big_Papi_0 has raised alarm after N810,000 was swiped from his Zenith Bank account by suspected Fraudsters.

He wrote on Twitter;

I'm a final year student of pharmacy. Yesterday morning by 5, got a string of alerts from
@ZenithBank; almost all the money from my savings account summing up to 810,405 naira was cleared out from my account. The only info or description of the transaction was KingsPay PTSK.

I thought I was dreaming when I was getting the alerts, it all happened in less than a minute. As I brought out my phone to log in my mobile app and deactivate the Mastercard, the last 200k was cleared out remaining 50k which I quickly transferred to my
@FirstBankngr account

I quickly called the bank's customer care, I was told my card details were compromised which I found very confusing because I don't give out my card to anyone. I told them that an OTP or my pin or even both is usually requested for anytime I want to carry out any web transactions.

The customer care agent said that the merchant site in this case kingspay determines the mode of authorization and some don't necessarily require it. I was shocked because these were the same people promising security on my funds and yet the transaction didn't raise any flags.

The customer care agent said to go to my bank and file a formal complaint and the bank will 'advise' me. I am here severely depressed and pained cos the money was built over a very long period of time and through hardwork from businesses.

The amount may not be in millions but realize it was basically all I had and I've accumulated for years while in school and it also consisted of business transaction funds. I'm calling on anyone who can help get the culprits.

The only web transaction done that day with the card was through @RemitaNET to print @JAMBHQ result slip for nysc mobilization. I imputed all card details on their website. I don't know if the security leak is from their site because..

I cannot even see my history anymore and I'm seeing zero balance on dates before today, how possible is that? All evidence of the transaction is no longer visible from my zenith mobile app. Zenith bank, kindly resolve this issue and process a reversal.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by jerrybone(f): 1:03am On Jun 07, 2019
photo

Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by Patriotzz: 4:32am On Jun 07, 2019
Pele

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 07, 2019
Ehya
Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by willi926(m): 11:42am On Jun 07, 2019
It can b so scary, and confusing at the same time. A times I wonder if these bank staff have a hand in some of these internet fraud.
After nw some yeye people will support these internet thieves, and say its the govt. Fault. Take heart.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by Ultimatezlant: 11:42am On Jun 07, 2019
Fraud defenders would still come here to claim it was done to spite "oyibo" for what they did in Africa or because of buhari hardship.

Imagine the pains and wasted hardworking of this nigga over the years would likely be used by a cursed Yahoo boy to buy a champagne to impress a hole

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by lakesider(m): 11:42am On Jun 07, 2019
Release naira Marley
Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by hustla(m): 11:43am On Jun 07, 2019
They have refunded him
Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by DBossNG(m): 11:43am On Jun 07, 2019
embarassed
Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by SheldonCooper: 11:44am On Jun 07, 2019
hustla:
They have refunded him

Seriously?

3 Likes

Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by lekkie073(m): 11:44am On Jun 07, 2019
I am yet to fathom how it is possible for them to wipe his transaction history..
Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by gurunlocker: 11:45am On Jun 07, 2019
This was on FP few days ago....

8 Likes

Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by lamidex(m): 11:46am On Jun 07, 2019
Jesus! Eleyi gidi gan. undecided
Reason my kolo has always been my bank. grin

Never trust all these banks, both old and new generation, with all banking security, all na wash! I only use bank for instant transactions. I will never ever save substantial amount in my bank account to avoid stories that touch. Shebi na account wey get money you fit hack comot money. Try hack my N8:00K balance now. Awon oloriburuku dede.

Everywhere scam.

Bank dey scam us
Government dey scam us
Networks dey scam us
We dey scam ourselves.

Tell me if Nigeria is not fvcked.

17 Likes

Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by OhiOfIhima: 11:46am On Jun 07, 2019
This is so pathetic.. At the end of the day, you will be hearing stories upon stories fr the Bank without solid solution.

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by Laeroy(f): 11:46am On Jun 07, 2019
This topic has been on front page before, I hope he gers his money back
Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by Christmasdon(m): 11:47am On Jun 07, 2019
oh my GOD, and It can happen to anybody.

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by HarunaWest(m): 11:48am On Jun 07, 2019
jerrybone:
A twitter User, @Big_Papi_0 has raised alarm after N810,000 was swiped from his Zenith Bank account by suspected Fraudsters.

He wrote on Twitter;

I'm a final year student of pharmacy. Yesterday morning by 5, got a string of alerts from
@ZenithBank; almost all the money from my savings account summing up to 810,405 naira was cleared out from my account. The only info or description of the transaction was KingsPay PTSK.

I thought I was dreaming when I was getting the alerts, it all happened in less than a minute. As I brought out my phone to log in my mobile app and deactivate the Mastercard, the last 200k was cleared out remaining 50k which I quickly transferred to my
@FirstBankngr account

I quickly called the bank's customer care, I was told my card details were compromised which I found very confusing because I don't give out my card to anyone. I told them that an OTP or my pin or even both is usually requested for anytime I want to carry out any web transactions.

The customer care agent said that the merchant site in this case kingspay determines the mode of authorization and some don't necessarily require it. I was shocked because these were the same people promising security on my funds and yet the transaction didn't raise any flags.

The customer care agent said to go to my bank and file a formal complaint and the bank will 'advise' me. I am here severely depressed and pained cos the money was built over a very long period of time and through hardwork from businesses.

The amount may not be in millions but realize it was basically all I had and I've accumulated for years while in school and it also consisted of business transaction funds. I'm calling on anyone who can help get the culprits.

The only web transaction done that day with the card was through @RemitaNET to print @JAMBHQ result slip for nysc mobilization. I imputed all card details on their website. I don't know if the security leak is from their site because..

I cannot even see my history anymore and I'm seeing zero balance on dates before today, how possible is that? All evidence of the transaction is no longer visible from my zenith mobile app. Zenith bank, kindly resolve this issue and process a reversal.
this issue has been resolved...the money has been reversed.

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by tefla(m): 11:48am On Jun 07, 2019
Let me read comments
Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by Babaflenjor: 11:49am On Jun 07, 2019
a
Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by Naijatutorial: 11:49am On Jun 07, 2019
This is touching, I hope they do something fast to reverse your fund if possible.

If banks no longer secure these days, where do we keep our money.

Reason I don't use ATM card, call me old school, I don't care as long as my money is safe.

Meanwhile

Is your child struggling with school work? Do you need a personalized in-home or online tutor to help improve your grade in school?

We are here for you. All our tutors are verified, so no issue of insecurity.

Check my signature below and book a tutor anywhere in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 07, 2019
Somebody around you used your card online on a platform locally or internationally that doesn’t require token because all zenith bank transactions online outside of Nigeria require verification by MasterCard but if it’s just a smaller institution they won’t opt for an expensive gateway

Verifying you can be Soft token or hard token so it’s either they had access to your token or the gateway wasn’t that secure but in some cases they’ll still allow it without because it’s really up to the merchant and how they process it.

I would suggest you check with remita and get the time of the other transaction. Time stamps are important it could even be compromised staff.

I love Zenith though I have my run ins from time to time they do monitor and inform you just depends on how conscious you are and able to react quick like you did. Check your money when you rise and sleep. At atms be very careful online make sure you have anti spyware some of them can record keystrokes and send the information.

I used to like movies downloads etc now I just pay for Netflix when money dey na there all the spyware can come in from downloads

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by hustla(m): 11:53am On Jun 07, 2019
SheldonCooper:

Seriously?

Yeah he gave an update about it. He was refunded
Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by malele(m): 11:54am On Jun 07, 2019
HarunaWest:

How did u know abi u dey work with the defrauded guy ?

6 Likes

Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by hustla(m): 11:54am On Jun 07, 2019
solasoulmusic:
Somebody around you used your card online on a platform locally or internationally that doesn’t require token because all zenith bank transactions online outside of Nigeria require verification by MasterCard but if it’s just a smaller institution they won’t opt for an expensive gateway

Verifying you can be Soft token or hard token so it’s either they had access to your token or the gateway wasn’t that secure but in some cases they’ll still allow it without because it’s really up to the merchant and how they process it.

I would suggest you check with remita and get the time of the other transaction. Time stamps are important it could even be compromised staff.

I love Zenith though I have my run ins from time to time they do monitor and inform you just depends on how conscious you are and able to react quick like you did. Check your money when you rise and sleep. At atms be very careful online make sure you have anti spyware some of them can record keystrokes and send the information.

If you want to save money in large sums, best thing is not to have any atm card or online banking attached to that particular bank account, enter the bank to withdraw if u have to

If them come create atm for ur account without ur knowledge, bank go need explain oooooooooooooo

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by hustla(m): 11:55am On Jun 07, 2019
malele:

He said it himself

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by HarunaWest(m): 11:57am On Jun 07, 2019
malele:

Uncle just shut up abeg...will I come out here to post what I dont know about.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 07, 2019
How did they delete his bank history?

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by Stillthebest: 12:01pm On Jun 07, 2019
Don't be quick to blame Ng banks on this anomalies. Banks and banks customers all over the WORLD experience this, the only difference is that banks in the advance countries have a ' Cover' for their customers and this will only be available to you when, after investigations, that you didn't compromise your account yourself by giving out some sensitive Infos(not bank account number)to who you know or don't know or compromise your cards.

Hackers are moles. Always have banks insiders. They are dark agents. And are connected.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by Bossjakande: 12:01pm On Jun 07, 2019
HarunaWest:

u think if he Neva shout dey will return it?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Busted With 656 ATM Cards Remanded Again In Ghana / Nigerian man arrested in India for smuggling 15 kg of drugs (photos) / Gunmen Kidnap Motorists On Nkwelle/Isiagu/Nibo Road In Anambra (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.