Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,530 members, 7,837,023 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Engine Oil: Changing From Total Synthetic To Mobil - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Engine Oil: Changing From Total Synthetic To Mobil (2446 Views)

Changing From 2009 Accord To 2006 Es 330 / Is It Possible To Switch From Forrte Oil To Mobil Oil / ₦572m Volkner Mobil Motorhome That Comes With Hydraulic Supercar Garage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engine Oil: Changing From Total Synthetic To Mobil by ITbomb(m): 2:31am On Jun 07, 2019
I have been using Total 7000 synthetic engine oil for over a year now but the product has been scarce to buy and I need to switch to what every other person is using - Mobil, for peace of mind

Which of the Mobil oil spec is good and available for replacement?

Hyundai Accent 2013
15-50W synthetic oil used

1 Like

Re: Engine Oil: Changing From Total Synthetic To Mobil by weyreypey: 3:31am On Jun 07, 2019
ITbomb:
I have been using Total 7000 synthetic engine oil for over a year now but the product has been scarce to buy and I need to switch to what every other person is using - Mobil, for peace of mind

Hyundai Accent 2013
15-40W synthetic oil used
Total quartz 7000 is 15W-50 grade. Where did you see 15W-40 grade?
Re: Engine Oil: Changing From Total Synthetic To Mobil by ITbomb(m): 6:07am On Jun 07, 2019
weyreypey:

Total quartz 7000 is 15W-50 grade. Where did you see 15W-40 grade?
If you'd use the space to help rather than point out the obvious, it would be appreciated. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Engine Oil: Changing From Total Synthetic To Mobil by weyreypey: 8:12am On Jun 07, 2019
ITbomb:

If you'd use the space to help rather than point out the obvious, it would be appreciated. Thanks
I don't owe you any help. Even the mistake I pointed out is a charity case.... Be humble enough to admit the mistake. If you cannot then keep quiet.

Meanwhile who told you that the oil in question is synthetic oil?

2 Likes

Re: Engine Oil: Changing From Total Synthetic To Mobil by verifiablefacts: 8:57am On Jun 07, 2019
weyreypey:

I don't owe you any help. Even the mistake I pointed out is a charity case.... Be humble enough to admit the mistake. If you cannot then keep quiet.

it is synthetic base,not mineral.

2 Likes

Re: Engine Oil: Changing From Total Synthetic To Mobil by 9icetoo(m): 12:25pm On Jun 07, 2019
If it's not synthetic, it's not synthetic. That's a marketing gimmick.

Nothing wrong in switching from total quartz 7000 to Mobil 1 as long as Mobil 1 is suitable for your engine and you don't have sludge in the engine.

2 Likes

Re: Engine Oil: Changing From Total Synthetic To Mobil by nurey(m): 6:11pm On Jun 07, 2019
ITbomb:

Hyundai Accent 2013
15-50W synthetic oil used

you shouldn't toy with that engine, they we're basically built for non repairs especially those bought brand-new in Nigeria.

I did just advice you check for sludge before using a synthetic (with bleach) because once that engine starts to show symptoms of damage it's the beginning of the end.

when switching to synthetic use 5W30 or 5W40 for engine protection

1 Like

Re: Engine Oil: Changing From Total Synthetic To Mobil by dicksonadams(m): 10:59pm On Jun 07, 2019
weyreypey:

Chai people too like fight for this nairaland sha

(1) (Reply)

Appearance / Honda Accord 2008 Vs Toyota Camry 2008. / Rear Left Light And The City Metal Emblem Of Honda City 2007 Model Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.