Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,907 members, 7,814,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Governor Akeredolu Emerges Chairman South West Governors' Forum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Akeredolu Emerges Chairman South West Governors' Forum (14314 Views)

Taofeek Arapaja Emerges As PDP Deputy National Chairman (South) / Ali Odefa Becomes PDP National Vice Chairman (south East) / Ondo 2020: Akeredolu emerges APC candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Akeredolu Emerges Chairman South West Governors' Forum by OndoFirstBorn(m): 1:32pm On Jun 07, 2019
Ondo State governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, has emerged the chairman of the South West Governors' Forum.

Governor Akeredolu emerged Chairman at a Special Security Meeting of Governors from the South West region, held at the Ondo State Governor's Lodge, Asokoro, Abuja.

The meeting was held to address the growing spate of insecurity in the South West Region.

The Governors announced their decision to hold a regional security summit that will bring all critical stakeholders together to brainstorm on how to stem the tide of insecurity in the region.

The meeting was attended by the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu; Ekiti State Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi; Oyo State Governor, Mr. Seyi Makinde; Odun State Governor, Mr. Gboyega Oyetola and Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu,SAN.

Akeredolu's emergence as Chairman of the South West Governors' Forum followed a unanimous decision by all the governors from the South West.

Speaking after the Special Security meeting, the host Governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, said the DAWN commission has been directed to coordinate the summit aimed at further promoting the developmental agenda of the South West region.

He said the DAWN commission will also look at all modalities that will help to stem the tide of banditry, kidnapping and insecurity in the zone and also look into the national agenda and response.

“There's urgent need to stem the tide of criminal activities and banditry in our region and as leaders, we must be proactive in our approach to addressing the issue," Governor Akeredolu said.

He stated further that a consulting firm, KPMG has been appointed to review the tenure of the Group Managing Director of Oodua investment company, which has all the South West State Govenments as shareholders.

https://citadelng.com/akeredolu-emerges-chairman-south-west-governors-forum-set-to-hold-security-summit/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Akeredolu Emerges Chairman South West Governors' Forum by hisexcellency34: 1:35pm On Jun 07, 2019
Wrong choice. Akeredolu who is still struggling to govern in Ondo.. the position should have gone to Sanwo Olu or Makinde

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Akeredolu Emerges Chairman South West Governors' Forum by Sanromeo(m): 2:07pm On Jun 07, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Wrong choice. Akeredolu who is still struggling to govern in Ondo.. the position should have gone to Sanwo Olu or Makinde

Your resentment towards the Governor won't let you think straight. First and foremost, If you have sense, you'd know that the position always go to the longest serving governor among his counterparts. The position would have gone to Dr. Fayemi of Ekiti but since he already held a position as the Chairman of the Nigerian Governors' Forum, Akeredolu is the next person who the crown fits. Don't always forget to take consent from your brain before typing.

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Governor Akeredolu Emerges Chairman South West Governors' Forum by hisexcellency34: 2:10pm On Jun 07, 2019
Mumu...who oldest help? We don't need all these archaic governors anymore. See my darling governor Ikpeazu

Sanromeo:

Your resentment towards the Governor won't let you think straight. First and foremost, If you have sense, you'd know that the position always go to the oldest serving governor among his counterparts. The position would have gone to Dr. Fayemi of Ekiti but since he already held a position as the Chairman of the Nigerian Governors' Forum, Akeredolu is the next person who the crown fits. Don't always forget to take consent from your brain before typing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Akeredolu Emerges Chairman South West Governors' Forum by Kyrx(m): 2:25pm On Jun 07, 2019
It's "DAWN" in Southwest smiley

I hope they worked together to improve the region and Nigeria as a whole.

By the way who wouldn't want a cheap data, check my signature

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu Emerges Chairman South West Governors' Forum by Kyrx(m): 2:29pm On Jun 07, 2019
In the third pic, I saw newspapers been trampled upon, now that's where mismanagement starts.

5 Likes

Re: Governor Akeredolu Emerges Chairman South West Governors' Forum by OndoFirstBorn(m): 3:09pm On Jun 07, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Mumu...who oldest help? We don't need all these archaic governors anymore. See my darling governor Ikpeazu

You're hailing Ikpeazu who got reelected on 3 litres of Kerosene to slander Akeredolu? This is ridiculous! Remind me to never take you seriously again grin grin grin

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Governor Akeredolu Emerges Chairman South West Governors' Forum by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 07, 2019
This is wonderful
Re: Governor Akeredolu Emerges Chairman South West Governors' Forum by datopaper(m): 3:42pm On Jun 07, 2019
These governor should say the truth to Buhari government.
Re: Governor Akeredolu Emerges Chairman South West Governors' Forum by Raydos: 3:42pm On Jun 07, 2019
The way this nigeria matter don tire, e be like. Say I go use jumbo step down

Abeg who get lighter?
Re: Governor Akeredolu Emerges Chairman South West Governors' Forum by OndoFirstBorn(m): 3:43pm On Jun 07, 2019
Well deserved

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu Emerges Chairman South West Governors' Forum by etibaba(m): 3:44pm On Jun 07, 2019
What about Dapo Abiodun, looks like he was absent.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Akeredolu Emerges Chairman South West Governors' Forum by georjay(m): 3:44pm On Jun 07, 2019
DAVID42633
You this Bet9ja boy na thunder go later fire you and the mods wey no sabi their job

even you KNIGHTZY4131.....Thunder fire you there

3 Likes

Re: Governor Akeredolu Emerges Chairman South West Governors' Forum by SimSify(m): 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2019
The second picture though.. Is sanwo olu's phone banded with red rubber band..

I pray this men work hard to better the south west..
Re: Governor Akeredolu Emerges Chairman South West Governors' Forum by Harryase(m): 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2019
Interesting...

See signature
Re: Governor Akeredolu Emerges Chairman South West Governors' Forum by Westsida: 3:47pm On Jun 07, 2019
Jahbless em Govs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Akeredolu Emerges Chairman South West Governors' Forum by Dhortunn(m): 3:47pm On Jun 07, 2019
Sanromeo:

Your resentment towards the Governor won't let you think straight. First and foremost, If you have sense, you'd know that the position always go to the oldest serving governor among his counterparts. The position would have gone to Dr. Fayemi of Ekiti but since he already held a position as the Chairman of the Nigerian Governors' Forum, Akeredolu is the next person who the crown fits. Don't always forget to take consent from your brain before typing.

Akure Money. How far Brother grin
Re: Governor Akeredolu Emerges Chairman South West Governors' Forum by APOPTOSIS: 3:49pm On Jun 07, 2019
This GOVERNOR looks like a BOOKWORM.
I guess he is an EGGHEAD...

I knew this my statement would fish out the educated illiterates on this platform that are due for banning... grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Akeredolu Emerges Chairman South West Governors' Forum by BuhariAdvocate: 3:50pm On Jun 07, 2019
Okay.
Re: Governor Akeredolu Emerges Chairman South West Governors' Forum by Westsida: 3:50pm On Jun 07, 2019
APOPTOSIS:
This GOVERNOR looks like a BOOKWORM.
I guess he is an EGGHEAD...

You must be sick in the head
Re: Governor Akeredolu Emerges Chairman South West Governors' Forum by Glycosunde: 3:50pm On Jun 07, 2019
I thought people were complaining about this governor even among d APC elites, so how did he get this position. But what do I know

Ooh I know say las las we all go dey OOOKKK
Re: Governor Akeredolu Emerges Chairman South West Governors' Forum by helinues: 3:51pm On Jun 07, 2019
Current oldest governor in SW

Well deserved

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu Emerges Chairman South West Governors' Forum by BuhariAdvocate: 3:51pm On Jun 07, 2019
Where is dapo Abiodun of ogun .
Re: Governor Akeredolu Emerges Chairman South West Governors' Forum by theenchanter: 3:53pm On Jun 07, 2019
Yorubas respect their elders.... cheesy
Re: Governor Akeredolu Emerges Chairman South West Governors' Forum by osuofia2(m): 3:53pm On Jun 07, 2019
in the circle of the rich, they have no enemy, na poor men that fight for them

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu Emerges Chairman South West Governors' Forum by APOPTOSIS: 3:54pm On Jun 07, 2019
Westsida:

You must be sick in the head
One of them spotted...
My Trap Caught so fast...
Take note ... grin grin
I forgive u, Ok

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

El-Rufai: Nigeria Can’t Afford Another Civil War / Soludo: Obi Didn’t Allow LP To Campaign Freely In Anambra As Governor / APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.