Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1361033 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by caneberry: 12:41pm On Jan 21, 2020
thanks, i have done that. awaiting response.
Pefuele:

Contact your program coordinator for deadlines.
You may also contact the Graduate School however individual department may have different deadlines for Assistantships.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tdee19: 5:24pm On Jan 21, 2020
udi2111:
Please who knows the current cost of sevis fee and also the current cost of DS-160 Application fee and reciprocity fee at the US embassy?

Sevis fee - $350
Reciprocity fee - $110
Visa application fee -$160

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by psychologyshuby: 5:45pm On Jan 21, 2020
Hello, how much will it cost to evaluate high school transcript using WES? Please help

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Micholo5(m): 6:14pm On Jan 21, 2020
psychologyshuby:
Hello, how much will it cost to evaluate high school transcript using WES? Please help
I think there are up to four packages, but the recommended one is 145 USD.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 8:46pm On Jan 21, 2020
Deegayes:
Oh! So no summer people like me

Summer student admission is always very low. Most people travel for visits and tourism during summer.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 8:49pm On Jan 21, 2020
Yes, very certain!
Micholo5:
**Undergraduate**

Can one secure a full scholarship with a SAT Score of 1400 and above?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 8:52pm On Jan 21, 2020
Visit visa is for visiting. If they come with based on invitation to come and see him, then they must return to Nigeria within short time (if they care about the legality of things, which I advice they should). If he get the F2 document, the chance is not strong. What will the wife will doing in the US? Is she not working in Nigeria? These are the questions to consider. He is in the best position to decide. This is my opinion.
fabyom:
Gurus in the house.
My younger brother is here for masters. He came in, August last year.
He is planning of bringing his wife and son to visit.
Should they come through F2 or visit visa?
Thank you for your response in advance!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Blackdan7: 9:00pm On Jan 21, 2020
Hello house
I’m new here .
I apply for my tier 4 visa super priority. Went for the biometric on 15th of January 2020 .
Email was sent to me that my application is deferred / complex . Uptill today I have not heard from them or received any email . Plsss how what should I do . My start date is 20th but I have written to school and they extend my date to 24th yet I have not heard from the UK embassy.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Micholo5(m): 9:40pm On Jan 21, 2020
fairheart:
Yes, very certain!
Thanks, I am aiming for that score in my SAT exam.
What other ingredients do I need besides having a good SAT scores to secure a full - funding scholarship?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fabyom: 10:06pm On Jan 21, 2020
Thank you, bro!
fairheart:
Visit visa is for visiting. If they come with based on invitation to come and see him, then they must return to Nigeria within short time (if they care about the legality of things, which I advice they should). If he get the F2 document, the chance is not strong. What will the wife will doing in the US? Is she not working in Nigeria? These are the questions to consider. He is in the best position to decide. This is my opinion.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kolping: 10:26pm On Jan 21, 2020
Trump Administration Plans to Expand Travel Restrictions for Seven Countries
Nations being considered for new rules: Belarus, Eritrea, Kyrgyzstan, Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan, Tanzania
By Michelle Hackman
Updated Jan. 21, 2020 4:01 pm ET
The Wall Street Journal

WASHINGTON—The Trump administration plans to add to the number of countries covered under its travel restrictions, including Nigeria, Africa’s most populous country, along with others in Africa and Asia, according to administration officials who have seen the list.

The administration plans to place limits on visas for travelers from seven new countries: Belarus, Eritrea, Kyrgyzstan, Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan and Tanzania. The countries wouldn’t all face blanket bans on travel to the U.S.—as do six other countries—but could have...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-administration-plans-to-add-seven-countries-to-travel-ban-list-11579638341?mod=e2tw
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by francophone134: 10:36pm On Jan 21, 2020
Kolping:
Trump Administration Plans to Expand Travel Restrictions for Seven Countries
Nations being considered for new rules: Belarus, Eritrea, Kyrgyzstan, Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan, Tanzania
By Michelle Hackman
Updated Jan. 21, 2020 4:01 pm ET
The Wall Street Journal

WASHINGTON—The Trump administration plans to add to the number of countries covered under its travel restrictions, including Nigeria, Africa’s most populous country, along with others in Africa and Asia, according to administration officials who have seen the list.

The administration plans to place limits on visas for travelers from seven new countries: Belarus, Eritrea, Kyrgyzstan, Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan and Tanzania. The countries wouldn’t all face blanket bans on travel to the U.S.—as do six other countries—but could have...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-administration-plans-to-add-seven-countries-to-travel-ban-list-11579638341?mod=e2tw
trump is mad... Is us the only good country in the world. Or can it even be cleared to Norway? Mtcheew.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Whitemagic: 10:55pm On Jan 21, 2020
Good day guys. Pls any info on US work visa? Or a thread where I can get detailed info about it. Thanks

Cc justwise
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dgreatestt: 11:47pm On Jan 21, 2020
Pefuele:

They dn't accept WES and TOEFL is not waived for Nigerians. To confirm the information you should shoot an e-mail to the Graduate School.

Thanks boss. I have mailed my grad coordinator about TOEFL, waiting for her reply.

How's funding in the school, you've got idea?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lilly001(m): 12:42pm On Jan 22, 2020
Good day
Can someone take his or her time to explain the short and long term effect(s) or implications of this trump ban thing..
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by 4gunners(m): 1:36pm On Jan 22, 2020
francophone134:
trump is mad... Is us the only good country in the world. Or can it even be cleared to Norway? Mtcheew.
Hope you are not applying for US visa soon, cos this statement can hurt!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 4:37pm On Jan 22, 2020
4gunners:
Hope you are not applying for US visa soon, cos this statement can hurt!!

Dont mind that guy. I thought Nigerian government said America should mind their business when it comes to human right. Trump is sending the same message to the Nigerian government. However, the restrictions will be on the Nigerian Government Officials just like that of Venezuela.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Funmi27: 4:52pm On Jan 22, 2020
Predstan:

Dont mind that guy. I thought Nigerian government said America should mind their business when it comes to human right. Trump is sending the same message to the Nigerian government. However, the restrictions will be on the Nigerian Government Officials just like that of Venezuela.

And dose applying for the business or visiting visas.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 5:11pm On Jan 22, 2020
Funmi27:

Maybe you dont know that it's still a draft. Migration cannot be completely banned, can only be restricted for certain people. Reason, many of such bill had been striked out by the high Courts in the USA.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ifesinachi22(m): 6:19pm On Jan 22, 2020
Funmi27:

Yeah, it's for Business and Tourist visas.

F1 is not included.
They know students are peace loving people
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by PremiumTrends(m): 7:06pm On Jan 22, 2020
But some people are doing their possible best to tarnish the image of legit future US students by staying out of status in the country and engaging in illegal things!

Ifesinachi22:

Yeah, it's for Business and Tourist visas.

F1 is not included.
They know students are peace loving people
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Whitemagic: 7:27pm On Jan 22, 2020
fairheart:
Goodday boss. Pls do you have any info on US work visa? Do you know of anyone who has successfully travel with a work visa after having employment letter from an American firm? Lastly pls any thread where I can get detailed info about it. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 8:31pm On Jan 22, 2020
Dgreatestt:

Thanks boss. I have mailed my grad coordinator about TOEFL, waiting for her reply.

How's funding in the school, you've got idea?

Also, ask the GC about funding. Mail faculty members of your program that you have mutual Research and about open positions that you may be considered for. Also, ask the GC about Teaching Assistant positions in your department.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dgreatestt: 9:21pm On Jan 22, 2020
BGSU spring and fall 2020 applicants let's meet

Hello sir,

How's funding at BGSU, are you a student or applicant?

Do you have a WhatsApp group for members, I'll like to connect
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dgreatestt: 9:37pm On Jan 22, 2020
Pefuele:

Also, ask the GC about funding. Mail faculty members of your program that you have mutual Research and about open positions that you may be considered for. Also, ask the GC about Teaching Assistant positions in your department.

Okay. Thank you boss
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by eetzdave(m): 9:37pm On Jan 22, 2020
Well, there are free appointment date if you apply for an interview now. Just putting this for y'all to know

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by nathyshollz(m): 9:43pm On Jan 22, 2020
I am so happy to say this. After reading posts on here and getting visa in 2018. I was able to help another person. Below is the transcripts of the person who got approved on the 21st January grin grin grin grin

Me:Morning Sir
Vo:Morning
Vo:Can I have ur passport Nd I-20
Me:ok sir and pass it to him
Vo:He checked through d I:20 for a while and said Y r u going to d Us
Me:M going to d US for my MBA in Communications and Public Relations
Vo:Y this course?
Me:Am a journalist and it’s required in my place of work to attain the post of a supervisor Nd subsequently reaching the post of a director as I add more experience in the field
Vo:where do you work?
Me:I work with *** as a ***
Vo:For how long v u bn working
Me:For over 4years now I started 3rd of August 2015
Vo:So y this University
Me:I actually choose the university because it was recommended to me by my boss who happens to be an alumni of the university and I also checked through the skul curriculum Nd I found out I will b taking some courses of interest courses like Managerial Communication,Public speaking,Effective Business writing,Publicity and public relations so I contacted a professor in the University professor Wahl who happens to be a senior lecturer in d department and we agreed in Investigating the cause of the misuse of media as a tool of PR.
Vo:Did u apply to other schools
Me:Yes
Vo:Name them
Me:Illinois University Chicago and Concordia university Wisconsin
Vo:y did u choose Concordia over Illinois
Me:Concordia was swift with there response so I decided to go with them
Vo:who’s sponsoring
Me:My uncle Mr*****
Vo:Do you have a bank statement
Me:yes I do I gave it to him
Vo:He checked for while Nd said a min plz and went away wiv my I-20 Nd the statement of act
Vo:He came back Nd said ur boss recommended the skul
Me:Yes sir
Vo:So you coming back to Nigeria to resume ur duty post
Me:I said yes sir
Vo:Do u v ur repatriation Fee
Vo:Go to room 22 and pay Enjoy ur trip
Me:Thank you sir.

10 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 10:19pm On Jan 22, 2020
Dgreatestt:

Okay. Thank you boss

You are always welcome!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jan 22, 2020
[quote author=nathyshollz post=86027288]I am so happy to say this. After reading posts on here and getting visa in 2018. I was able to help another person. Below is the transcripts of the person who got approved on the 21st January grin grin grin grin

Me:Am a journalist and it’s required in my place of work to attain the post of a supervisor Nd subsequently reaching the post of a director as I add more experience in the field
Me:I actually choose the university because it was recommended to me by my boss who happens to be an alumni of the university and I also checked through the skul curriculum Nd I found out I will b taking some courses of interest courses like Managerial Communication,Public speaking,Effective Business writing,Publicity and public relations so I contacted a professor in the University professor Wahl who happens to be a senior lecturer in d department and we agreed in Investigating the cause of the misuse of media as a tool of PR.
Vo:He checked for while Nd said a min plz and went away wiv my I-20 Nd the statement of act

Nice transcript
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 10:57pm On Jan 22, 2020
nathyshollz:
I am so happy to say this. After reading posts on here and getting visa in 2018. I was able to help another person. Below is the transcripts of the person who got approved on the 21st January grin grin grin grin

repatriation fee? they are already making plans of repatriating him? Please explain. What's repatriation fee?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 22, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

repatriation fee? they are already making plans of repatriating him? Please explain. What's repatriation fee?

I'm sure he meant the reciprocity fee not repatriation
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by DBlessedofGod: 12:42am On Jan 23, 2020
Super congratulations to your friend and thanks for helping out.

Pls when is the persons resumption date?

nathyshollz:

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.