Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (415) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1356691 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TyTos: 10:08am On Apr 03, 2020
Hello guys, i just gained admission, my gre was waived due to coronavirus
I have heard that embassy wont give admission to people who dont write gre. What am i supposed to do now?
I have paid for gre but it was suspended for now
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Paragontek: 10:25am On Apr 03, 2020
TyTos:
I have heard that embassy wont give admission to people who dont write gre. What am i supposed to do now?

You heard what? Please, where did you hear that part about embassy? And please, embassy doesn't give admission.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TyTos: 11:27am On Apr 03, 2020
Paragontek:

You heard what? Please, where did you hear that part about embassy? And please, embassy doesn't give admission.
i mean they wont grant visa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 11:54am On Apr 03, 2020
Brown2Green:

As far as you have deficits put the details of your sponsor.

Only those with ZERO deficits are safe to use School as paying for their Trip.

Okay. Great thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 11:56am On Apr 03, 2020
TyTos:

Please where is the source/link to this info?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 12:01pm On Apr 03, 2020
calculator123:

A PhD is a research degree as such one has to have a knack for research.
A PhD is hard to bag, thus you have to have a very very strong "why". Ever wondered why people commit suicide because of it? Even those who finished it just wanted the struggle to be over.
Please and please don't do a PhD because of monetary reasons, do so because you are cut out for research.
This book "PhD grind by Philip Guo" will help you better understand why.

That's True-talk.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 12:10pm On Apr 03, 2020
calculator123:

Nobody should jump Into a PhD program out of lack of choices.
A PhD is like a full time job where you put plenty hours for meagre pay. If the aim for doing a PhD can be achieved with a Masters, then it would be pointless to do one.
The basic reason should be because you want to extend the boundary of human knowledge. When shit hits the roof, only your "strong why" would keep you going.

Your post got me deep-thinking.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Horlars17: 12:22pm On Apr 03, 2020
TyTos:

Go to ETS website, there are some new updates/information that could be of help to you. I learnt you can now write the GRE exam from home. Check ETS for more update.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Glokit(m): 12:35pm On Apr 03, 2020
Who has an idea of how GRE scores can be sent to a uni please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by thekingofafrica: 12:56pm On Apr 03, 2020
You can either report it the instance you submit while taking your exams, you can send to 4 schools at that point, after that, I think it costs 37 dollars to send to one institution, go on your Ets profile and click on report score.
Glokit:
Who has an idea of how GRE scores can be sent to a uni please?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by electricpole(m): 1:11pm On Apr 03, 2020
TyTos:
which school is that
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by shadkhan2230: 1:14pm On Apr 03, 2020
This is very nice information sharing with us. We give Relocation services UAE through expert staff within a short time
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 03, 2020
Obinoscopy:
@AkeNathan, you can practice as a Pharmacist with your B Pharm as long as it was a 5 year program. There's a process required though. You'll need to write FPGEE and TOEFL exam. And then you'll need to do a 1500hrs internship and then write NAPLEX. Once that's done, voila, you'll get your license.

Concerning the cost for Pharm D, Google can help you wink.

Yeah it actually is a 5year program. I mean, B. Pharm degree is a 5year program across Nigerian universities where they are approved.

Unless what you mean is repeating and having an extra year, because i've faltered there cry

Now, i'm in my 4th year and will wind up next year at the university of uyo, in akwa ibom state.

I might add, the process looks easy on paper though?

1. Is there a groupchat, whether on whatsapp or facebook or any other social media where people who have this ambition share knowledge and experience ? Just like we have on this thread?

2. An estimate of how much might one have before he is financially buoyant to make this leap?

*Abroad have hungry me all my life*
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by calculator123(m): 2:24pm On Apr 03, 2020
vc1177:

Your post got me deep-thinking.
I replied your mail. Check your inbox.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 6:28pm On Apr 03, 2020
yuscodguy:

There are lots of them but I am sure you will not like to apply to school that won't fund you also, if you are not writing GRE for admission please write it because of visa interview. Some VO want to hear that you wrote standardized test.

What if standardized tests were not part of the requirements during application?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 6:36pm On Apr 03, 2020
TheNoble007:
Visa approved this morning at the Abuja consulate. I was scheduled for the 15th of August, but was fortunate to have rescheduled to 9th of August and do you know that I did that on the 7th of August?

Profile - BSc. ( Hons) Physics from the University of Jos Nigeria ( top of graduating class of 2017), 2 Published papers and abstract. Two awards from the American physical society. GRE physics -91 percentile (s). One Harvard e-print( NASA/SAO).

Funding- merit scholarship of $22,627 + teaching assistant position starting this fall and subsequent semesters. The merit scholarship has nothing to do with the teaching position funding. Course- masters in optics / optical sciences

Interview : window 8, had rejected someone already before I went to meet him..

VO - Good morning, pass me your passport

Me - hope you slept well! Here is my passport and i20

VO- okay why are you going to the City University of New York?

Me- Apart from the fact I was awarded a generous merit scholarship which of course I am grateful for, I chose this school because of the on going research of my..... VO cut in... He was amazed at the scholarship amount.

VO - how did you get this scholarship?

Me - my excellent undergraduate grades, previous research and awards... Cuts in again.

VO - which school did you graduate from?

Me- University of Jos, Nigeria

VO- that's a very good school you know.. I concurred.

VO- okay, what's optical science?

Me- I was surprised at the question, but I went ahead to give him a detailed answer.

VO- from your answer, I must tell you that you are a credible student.

Me- thank you sir.

VO- Great, but you know that New York is very expensive.. I have been there when I went for a burial.. I couldn't hear him clearly.. I don't want you to go and struggle even though you will be given stipends.. So where are you going to stay? Your accomodation? I don't want you to stay in an uncomfortable housing?.... We both laughed and our laughter echoed. Okay I will be approving your visa but I will advice you, make sure you study well, and don't forget to come back home if things go rough... Congrats again on your scholarship.. Then passes the white pick up paper, and the congratulations slip.. Have a great day.

Me- Thank you very much sir.

NB - I really thank Jesus Christ. If you don't believe in God, please I do. He has led me through since my undergrad days and during the demise of my dad. And I believe He will make me perform exploits..May God name be praised.. I wish those who are yet to be interviewed, a successful visa interview...

Amen
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 7:05pm On Apr 03, 2020
Northeastern:
Texas Tech is being proactive here.

You can be in your house in Nigeria and be performing GA duties and getting paid.

No GRE or TOEFl? No problem.

The bolded got me laughing grin cheesy grin cheesy How will you get Social Security number without being in the US? Schools can't pay you without it

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GboyegaD(m): 7:31pm On Apr 03, 2020
AkeNathan:
Obinoscopy,

I need a reply because I'd like to make decisions over my future.

I'll soon wind up my B. Pharm programme from a nigerian university. I'm weighing my options in the USA, it had always been my dream destination.

1. I heard Pharm D is the only acceptable minimum to practise pharmacy in the USA, but i'll be graduating with a B. Pharm here in Nigeria. So, to practise there, can I enroll for a Pharm D programme in the USA and what cost can you estimate for me based on that?

2. Any American resident with valuable information can reply me please. This corona strike has got me planning about my future.

Read the NABP site, they have changed how the exams are conducted and now, you have to ace TOEFL before you can register for FPGEE.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Horlars17: 12:29am On Apr 04, 2020
mikeayus:

Hello..I just submitted an application for ms analytics for fall 2020. What's up with you?

Cc rkarang I would like us to connect since we applied for same course bro..cheers

Have you gotten feedback from the admission committee?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mikeayus(m): 12:56am On Apr 04, 2020
Horlars17:

Have you gotten feedback from the admission committee?

No...my application is still under review
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 5:06am On Apr 04, 2020
folmus:

Check your prospective schools for minimum TOEFL requirement: most universities require 79 minimum for graduate studies. TOEFL is not used to give any funding but to measure your proficiency requirement. So if you meet the minimum, don't waste money writing another.

The most important is your GRE score. Aim for a very high score.

Good luck!

Are there schools that can fund prospective students without GRE?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 5:07am On Apr 04, 2020
Finally am in the US, its a wonderful world here, I entered through New York and then Transited to Minneapolis from there, Please my best advice is that you should eat before taking off cos them no dey get better food for airplane ooo, keep your I-20 with you at all times, learn to say no to those airport guys asking you for money at every point, one of them even said I should give him dollars when I told him I don't have any Naira with me and also don't mind those making POE sound like one Post Visa Interview, its really very simple, I was asked how long I intend staying and where I was going to, they didn't even ask me to present my connecting flight ticket, the whole process was like 30secs and they just let me lose into the streets of New York straight, things are relatively easier than I imagined. Only thig now is that am still afraid to spend Dollars, I always think twice when I convert the prices to Its Naira Equivalent... 15usd for a plate of pasta that wont even make sense at the end of the day, #5400 just imagine..

That's the naira-to-dollar shock, I guess.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Moshkom(m): 9:37am On Apr 04, 2020
freshStarz:
Hi
Please who can help out. I need a bank statement of about 12million in order to finish processing and receiving my i20 from my school.

Which Sch? DM Me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lightp: 10:43am On Apr 04, 2020
Dgreatestt:

Hi, My GA came separately after admission, some weeks after actually. But you can mail your GC to ask about funding update.

If you have been accepted to Texas Tech for this Fall, kindly DM let's connect.

Stay safe all.

Sent you a Email.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lightp: 10:52am On Apr 04, 2020
Northeastern:
Texas Tech is being proactive here.

You can be in your house in Nigeria and be performing GA duties and getting paid.

No GRE or TOEFl? No problem.

My department is not even responding to my email since last year. I have gotten admission but no direct contact with the department.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Derailer(m): 11:39am On Apr 04, 2020
Could someone suggest a school around the US east coast (South/North Carolina, Florida, Pennsylvania, Georgia) or others in warm states like Texas, California offering Postgraduate Project Management and is quite cheaper?

I specified these states cos I've got severe cold allergies. Can't be treating and studying at thesame time.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Juwon21: 11:56am On Apr 04, 2020
Check out Missouri state university. The weather in Missouri in good from what I read online.
someone suggest a school around the US east coast (South/North Carolina, Florida, Pennsylvania, Georgia) or others in warm states like Texas, California offering Postgraduate Project Management and is quite cheaper?

I specified these states cos I've got severe cold allergies. Can't be treating and studying at thesame time. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by francophone134: 12:16pm On Apr 04, 2020
Pls everyone, am jst been curious here. I have 3.34/4.00 in ND and 3.16/4.00 in hnd. Please what can my WES evaluation be. Just a guess please.
NB. I dont av access to my transcript from my sch for me to use the wes free online evalaution tool. Thanks all for anticipated response. Pleaseeeeeee^eeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by saintkola(m): 1:58pm On Apr 04, 2020
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dgreatestt: 2:41pm On Apr 04, 2020
francophone134:
Pls everyone, am jst been curious here. I have 3.34/4.00 in ND and 3.16/4.00 in hnd. Please what can my WES evaluation be. Just a guess please.
NB. I dont av access to my transcript from my sch for me to use the wes free online evalaution tool. Thanks all for anticipated response. Pleaseeeeeee^eeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hi, your WES will be around 3.2/3.3. it's a guess base on people's evaluation I have seen. Usually, WES weighs your last two years(HND) higher.

Cheers
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kess2020: 2:52pm On Apr 04, 2020
Princekenuk:
Please I need more schools that are waiving test requirements as a result of covid-19?

Go Get your masters People.....

List of schools not requesting for GRE and other Test due to corona virus.....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1MYcxZMhf97H5Uxr2Y7XndHn6eEC5oO8XWQi2PU5jLxQ/htmlview#gid=0

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.