Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1023192 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Schonebaby: 1:46pm On Jun 27, 2019
Thanks to all my beautiful people. I see you all. All our labour will not go unrewarded.
I really desired to go with my family cos they mean the world to me. So contrary to popular opinion that one cannot get visas for family while still in Nigeria, I decided to apply. I started preparing for the application immediately I submitted mine. First, we valued our property (about 12 million), we also booked upfront medicals. Fortunately my visa came before the date given.

So I got my study visa May 7th. And I used these documents from me:
My approval letter
My passport showing visa
My previous passport
My admission letter
Funding letter (showing I have over the required 10k cad for personal living expenses, apart from tuition)
Letter of invitation. I explained several subtopics *relationship history *why swop and visit visa for daughter (daughter is less than 2 years) *funding and budget * husband work expertise and designation *purpose of visit( to join mum for PhD)
I realised that unlike study permit application which is quite objective, sowp and family sponsorship application can be very subjective. ( I wrote the sop in a way that I appealed to the compassionate side of the VOs). I particularly capitalised on the fact that I don't want to leave my baby for 4 years + ,nor my husband.

Marriage documents:
Marriage certificate
Change of name
Newspaper publications

For my husband:
A letter of introduction introducing him and his relationship with me, his work designation ( he's an engineer). He talked a lot about his work achievements e.t.c since its a work permit application
Introduction letter from work
Appointment letter
Confirmation letter
Id card
Payslips

Hometie
Property receipts
Property document
Valuation
His Pension fund account. ( just about 1million plus)

Financial part
This was very tricky. After much deliberation. We decided to use what we have.
My husband had a million plus in his account. His father had earlier sent to him 1 million, 6 weeks before we applied. ( We explained it in our letters).
My mum gave us one of her fixed deposit monies (2 million). We included the fixed deposit certificate to show it has been fixed for 3 months and I stated in my letter the day it was terminated and sent to my account. It was sent just 2 days before I applied but I made sure I showed it has been fixed for a long time and thus, its available.
So basically our funds consisted entirely of 2 lump sums but it was explained with proof.
We included our parents ID cards , passport, sponsorship letter from them, and employment / retirement letter. We also included our birth certificatesto prove paternity.

Daughter:
Her birth certificate
Her immunization report
Little things like her church dedication certificate bearing our names.
We included photographs but vfs did not allow us to submit it. I later submitted it via webform.

We submitted May 14 exactly a week after I got my trv
May 23, medicals was passed
June 17 BVL came in for my husband
June 27 approval for them both.
My daughter was even given 5 years visa. More than my 4 years program.

I saw God's hand in this application. Honestly, I was so clueless. But, the Holy Spirit helped me every step of the way. Writing the letters, tackling the financial part e.t.c.
He made this possible.
I will like to answer questions more on the forum as suggested by Mods so everyone can learn instead of pms.
I return all glory to God o
My temporary lovestory with CIC has ended in praise

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Akpesman: 1:46pm On Jun 27, 2019
This is good news. Congrats to you and your family.

Schonebaby:
Good morning my lovely people!
My husband and daughter just got approved.
God has done it again hmmmm....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 1:52pm On Jun 27, 2019
abusmanlouis:

@JustMellow
Pls can you help me interpret this message from CIC
About VO's Views on every visa Applicant.

In assessing an application, visa officers take into account a balance of several factors such as the applicant's ties to his or her homeland, employment, family, future plans, reasons for wanting to visit, incentive to return home, and previous dealings with immigration and visa officials. Also taken into consideration are “push” and “pull” factors, that is, political and/or economic conditions or an incentive to re-join relatives who have already immigrated, which might be pushing people out of their homelands and pulling them towards Canada.

I am aware of the above theoretical criteria. However, high numbers of applicants have used foreign ( US, Canadian) sponsors successfully. I know of some few, this is my experience. There are different ways to establish home ties and others to one's home country.

Every application is a storyline, just write a good script.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 1:54pm On Jun 27, 2019
makano:
Thanks.. But I dont have a Diamond bank account, may use that of ma bank tho (FCMB)..

That could also work, just make contact with them.

Best wishes!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 2:05pm On Jun 27, 2019
Chaniel:

Yes, full semester tuition. Form A could have been the cheapest but Conestoga won't give their account details.

makano:
Exactly, they didn't drop their account details, Form A would have been better..

When i guided a then applicant sometime ago, What i did was to google it and Diamond bank did the verification of the authenticity which came back positively.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Green4(m): 2:13pm On Jun 27, 2019
Anamekele:

It means you should go to a notary public and sign all your documents except those he mentioned. That will make them authentic.

Thanks allot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MUN19: 2:25pm On Jun 27, 2019
Guys,

Is basketball team a social club?

I want to get a reference letter from them.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Green4(m): 2:26pm On Jun 27, 2019
JustMellow:

No worries

want to thank you for your support and assistance towards our success stories,
Bro my request still pending
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chaniel: 2:29pm On Jun 27, 2019
JustMellow:

When i guided a then applicant sometime ago, What i did was to google it and Diamond bank did the verification of the authenticity which came back positively.

That's risk considering that the school stated that they won't give out account number due to issues of fraud. I don't know if this was the case when you guided the applicant.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by lassky(m): 2:29pm On Jun 27, 2019
Obehi44:

It means your application is more than 9 weeks, but there is no need to worry except if you have received the BVL. I have learnt to be scared of that thing if no medical call yet. Meanwhile, please house let's advice this moniker for I am only but a learner
just got the medical request, thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by IamR: 2:30pm On Jun 27, 2019
Please I need your assistance. I have 3.17/5.0 in Educational Management and I want to do PGD in Educational Management or Administration. I have searched many schools and colleges but couldn't find PGD. I don't think my CGPA can be accepted for Masters, that is why I have been searching for PGD. If you know any college or university that offers this course with January/February 2020 intake, kindly share it with me.
Thank you all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chaniel: 2:40pm On Jun 27, 2019
Schonebaby:

Congratulations to your family

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by abike12(f): 2:46pm On Jun 27, 2019
Schonebaby:

Congratulations!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mudicua: 2:53pm On Jun 27, 2019
I think @ralfudoh will be in the best position to help you on this. I only mentioned him cos he is one of the persons who recently got PPR and submitted passport at Abuja a few weeks ago in May. I will also suggest that you find out from the manager what the reference letter looks like. If he has a sample then he should show you.
Rather than fly down to Lagos and then find out the same thing is now applicable in Lagos, I would suggest you make enquiries first. Afterall I believe it is the same VFS Global.

Shadypoza01:
Exactly what i thought mehnnn. Getting to VFS Abuja, d manager asked me to send a mail to embassy, requesting a reference letter. Na wa o. Maybe I'll just have to fly in to Lagos 2mrw n submit it in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 2:54pm On Jun 27, 2019
Ok. Thanks..
JustMellow:

That could also work, just make contact with them.

Best wishes!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by pjosh1(m): 3:01pm On Jun 27, 2019
Good day everybody, please i will like to confirm if i can go for a master’s after a 1-year PG diploma in Canada since my undergraduate CGPA can't get me directly into a master’s program? Will it be easier to be admitted into masters after i complete a 1 year pgd?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Schonebaby: 3:03pm On Jun 27, 2019
skirmish:

Please, what document did your submit for your daughter? Is she above 5 years? How did you get letter of acceptance for her?
No she's a year plus.
She only needs to apply for trv (visiting visa).
I guess from 4 years upward should apply for study permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Schonebaby: 3:05pm On Jun 27, 2019
Amahjosh:
Hello gurus

I just got a correspondence letter this morning. I applied via online route 7th of June and did biometric on the 11th and my upfront medical was updated to pass on the 13th of June. And today been the 27th of June I got a Correspondence Letter, I guess they have already reached a decision and it a refusal. Do I apply for my GCMS notes now before the final decision comes in to know how to tackle the points raised by the VO and also defer my admission to January intake 2020?
Haba. It could be an approval nau.
You had ur medicals passed. There is hope for you. I really believe it is, cos till now you're yet to get a refusal.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 3:06pm On Jun 27, 2019
Yes it has indeed ended in praise and all Glory to God almighty.
I knew you were taking your time to give us such a comprehensive details, thank you so much.
True it is good to ans here rather than in PMs, but someone like me would like to use the scope of your letters to start writing my own because honestly I wouldn't know where to start from. My position is just almost as yours. I am married with a daughter and want them to apply under mine once they give me. So you see I will need your help in private, e jor.

Schonebaby:
Thanks to all my beautiful people. I see you all. All our labour will not go unrewarded.
I really desired to go with my family cos they mean the world to me. So contrary to popular opinion that one cannot get visas for family while still in Nigeria, I decided to apply. I started preparing for the application immediately I submitted mine. First, we valued our property (about 12 million), we also booked upfront medicals. Fortunately my visa came before the date given.

My approval letter
My passport showing visa
My previous passport
My admission letter
Funding letter (showing I have over the required 10k cad for personal living expenses, apart from tuition)
Letter of invitation. I explained several subtopics *relationship history *why swop and visit visa for daughter (daughter is less than 2 years) *funding and budget * husband work expertise and designation *purpose of visit( to join mum for PhD)
I realised that unlike study permit application which is quite objective, sowp and family sponsorship application can be very subjective. ( I wrote the sop in a way that I appealed to the compassionate side of the VOs). I particularly capitalised on the fact that I don't want to leave my baby for 4 years + ,nor my husband.

For my husband:
A letter of introduction introducing him and his relationship with me, his work designation ( he's an engineer). He talked a lot about his work achievements e.t.c since its a work permit application
Appointment letter
Confirmation letter
Id card
Payslips

Hometie
Property receipts
Property document
Valuation

Financial part
My husband had a million plus in his account. His father had earlier sent to him 1 million, 6 weeks before we applied. ( We explained it in our letters).
My mum gave us one of her fixed deposit monies (2 million). We included the fixed deposit certificate to show it has been fixed for 3 months and I stated in my letter the day it was terminated and sent to my account. It was sent just 2 days before I applied but I made sure I showed it has been fixed for a long time and thus, its available.
So basically our funds consisted entirely of 2 lump sums but it was explained with proof.
We included our parents ID cards , passport, sponsorship letter from them, and employment / retirement letter. We also included our birth certificatesto prove paternity.

Daughter:
Her birth certificate
Her immunization report
We included photographs but vfs did not allow us to submit it. I later submitted it via webform.

I saw God's hand in this application. Honestly, I was so clueless. But, the Holy Spirit helped me every step of the way. Writing the letters, tackling the financial part e.t.c.
He made this possible.
I will like to answer questions more on the forum as suggested by Mods so everyone can learn instead of pms.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Oganammuo: 3:07pm On Jun 27, 2019
Oganammuo:
The gurus in d house, pls help me out. I applied for a study permit through an agent in 2017. Now I want to reapply. I've tackled the reasons for refusal.

Now, do I just go to their site, create an account and start filling the forms according to their directives, or do I need to link my application now with my previous one? If the later, how do I do it?

In the previous posts, someone said he has been trying to link his recent application to the previous one refused.

Pls help me out. Looking at my system, I don't know where to begin.
Pls every advice will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Oganammuo: 3:08pm On Jun 27, 2019
Oganammuo:
The gurus in d house, pls help me out. I applied for a study permit through an agent in 2017. Now I want to reapply. I've tackled the reasons for refusal.

Now, do I just go to their site, create an account and start filling the forms according to their directives, or do I need to link my application now with my previous one? If the later, how do I do it?

In the previous posts, someone said he has been trying to link his recent application to the previous one refused.

Pls help me out. Looking at my system, I don't know where to begin.
Pls every advice will be greatly appreciated.

Gurus in the house, pls help me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 3:11pm On Jun 27, 2019
lassky:
just got the medical request, thanks.
You see, patience is good as prayers is key.
So now you are good to go. I am happy for you for at least I was able to put your mind at rest. I pray God do mine too. Please pray for me too. Congratulations dear
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mudicua: 3:14pm On Jun 27, 2019
This is awesome.
I am so happy for you.

Congratulations

Schonebaby:

My approval letter
My passport showing visa
My previous passport
My admission letter

For my husband:
Appointment letter
Confirmation letter
Id card
Payslips

Hometie
Property receipts
Property document
Valuation

Financial part

Daughter:
Her birth certificate
Her immunization report

He made this possible.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by skirmish: 3:17pm On Jun 27, 2019
Schonebaby:

No she's a year plus.
She only needs to apply for trv (visiting visa).
I guess from 4 years upward should apply for study permit.

Yes, you are right. I couldn't get an acceptance letter for my daughter though for her study permit application and I was wondering if that coud affect our applications.

Thanks for the response, BTW.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JOCng: 3:28pm On Jun 27, 2019
Hello
I recieved my correspondence letter today without medical request today. I know there has been a trend that a correspondence letter without medical request usually means refusal. I just wanted to ask if anyone knows a person who has gotten medical request AFTER correspondence letter?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by pjosh1(m): 3:32pm On Jun 27, 2019
pjosh1:
Good day everybody, please i will like to confirm if i can go for a master’s after a 1-year PG diploma in Canada since my undergraduate CGPA can't get me directly into a master’s program? Will it be easier to be admitted into masters after i complete a 1 year pgd?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Danny7: 3:40pm On Jun 27, 2019
@Oluwaloseyi66 its on vfs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by lassky(m): 3:44pm On Jun 27, 2019
Obehi44:

You see, patience is good as prayers is key.
So now you are good to go. I am happy for you for at least I was able to put your mind at rest. I pray God do mine too. Please pray for me too. Congratulations dear
I'll keep you in my prayers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by emeritus00(m): 3:50pm On Jun 27, 2019
Shadypoza01:
Hello house, pls for those who got passport submission mail, pls how many documents or pages where in d attachment sent? Mine is jst a page n getting to Abuja office 2submit my passport, i was told that a reference letter ought to accompany it or so. Is this d same thing with those that submitted in Lagos?
Cos i was told here at d submission office to mail Lagos embassy to resend d complete attachment.
They gave you a slip attached with stamped photocopy of your passport when you submitted your biometrics or paper application. The reference number the guy is asking for is in that slip. You take it along with the passport request letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Inquisitive1993: 3:51pm On Jun 27, 2019
Me too, Please are there people with approved TRV after getting biometrics validation letter before medical request?

JOCng:
Hello
I recieved my correspondence letter today without medical request today. I know there has been a trend that a correspondence letter without medical request usually means refusal. I just wanted to ask if anyone knows a person who has gotten medical request AFTER correspondence letter?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 3:53pm On Jun 27, 2019
Chaniel:

That's risk considering that the school stated that they won't give out account number due to issues of fraud. I don't know if this was the case when you guided the applicant.

It would have been risky if there was no verification of somewhat done by the bank from the school. The process of Form A is reliable, secure, and cheap. If there is any discrepancies either from the applicants end or the school, the payment cannot be made by the done. For more info about Form A, enquire the bank you operate.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.