Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1439720 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by josiahese(m): 8:31pm On Nov 11, 2019
Skrskr:
Hello guys. In October, was refused a visit visa. But I was not satisfied by the decision as I felt I had a strong application and that the officer did not coheck all 50 documents I provided. I planned to reapply this month.

Although I had no rights of appeal, i did send them a complaint detailing how I believe my application was not properly checked.
At first, they replied to me that they were not the correct channel for complaints.
I didn't have their time since and about 15 days later, which is today, I mailed them again demanding for an explanation / review of the presiding officer's judgement on my visa.

7 hours later, they mailed me that ''my visa decision has been overturned and that I should submit my passport for the new decision ''Please note that your visa decision has been overturned.

Please submit your passport to the Visa Application Centre with a copy of this e-mail.

Once we have confirmation that the passports have been received, we will send out a new decision to be endorsed on your passport.''

Has anyone ever experienced an overturn of refusal decision? Does that mean my visa will now be granted?

I am going to submit my passport tomorrow to them.
Thanks

Yes, always Visa decisions are overturned.
I don't know of Visit Visa, but work visa, religious visa can be overturned.
Yes, just submit your passport and they will issue you the Visa.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tuncutie(f): 12:07am On Nov 12, 2019
tuncutie:
I did submit consent letter form me and spouse.My spouse was given too but I guess they did not Trust we will come back
Thank you for all your advise........I attached medical report this time ,baby dedication pictures, baby shower picture showing I was heavily pregnant, hospital Pictures when baby came out and also gift we got from hospital since he was a new year baby.We got it last month after trying 3 times!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kuploni: 2:35am On Nov 12, 2019
Hello gurus, please am planning to go for my annual leave in January next year, i earn 350k monthly in a construction company, how do i go about the process...please, i want u to put me through..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by deniguy01(m): 4:06am On Nov 12, 2019
Ive been in this grouo for a while and I’ve still not seen wht i wanna see. Please someone should give me a rough estimate of a young guy wanting to spend 10 days im the uk. All estimate for someone leaving the country for the first time .
God bless you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kayspark27(m): 6:17am On Nov 12, 2019
Please i did my biometrics in october 9 at TLScontact abuja and I’m yet to receive any news from ukvi. Is it normal?
Who else did theirs around that time?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NIGHTLIFE100: 6:56am On Nov 12, 2019
deniguy01:
Ive been in this grouo for a while and I’ve still not seen wht i wanna see. Please someone should give me a rough estimate of a young guy wanting to spend 10 days im the uk. All estimate for someone leaving the country for the first time .
God bless you
First state your status, are you gainfully employed or run a business? If your monthly income is below 200k there’s high chances of denial
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ikenna072: 7:57am On Nov 12, 2019
Ikenna072:

OK thanks. What are the requirements applying from UK to schengen?
Secondly, can I go back to Nigeria from there without going through UK?
Someone should attend to me please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:03am On Nov 12, 2019
Ikenna072:

OK thanks. What are the requirements applying from UK to schengen?
Secondly, can I go back to Nigeria from there without going through UK?

You can't apply for Schengen visa from the UK while holding visiting visa, you have to apply from Nigeria and then travel from the UK.

Yes you can return to Nigeria without going through the UK..all depends on how you book your ticket else you will struggle with immigration.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Aibisoye0: 8:09am On Nov 12, 2019
kayspark27:
Please i did my biometrics in october 9 at TLScontact abuja and I’m yet to receive any news from ukvi. Is it normal?

Did mine a day before collected 25th
A friend did same day collected 28th
Another friend did 11th collected 31st october

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 8:11am On Nov 12, 2019
Did my family's own(Wife and 3 Kids) on the 10 October, conclusion mails 28th October, collection mails 29th October and Passports with Visas collected 31st October
kayspark27:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kayspark27(m): 8:21am On Nov 12, 2019
Thanks for the responses, i did mine through an agent and he hasn’t given me any feedback yet.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 8:55am On Nov 12, 2019
Don't you have access to the portal/account?
kayspark27:
Thanks for the responses, i did mine through an agent and he hasn’t given me any feedback yet.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kayspark27(m): 11:52am On Nov 12, 2019
No, he has all documents with him.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 12:02pm On Nov 12, 2019
Go and meet him. Did he use your email address or his?
kayspark27:
No, he has all documents with him.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Olasewa: 12:14pm On Nov 12, 2019
Hello people...please I did my biometric on the 14th of October and received my conclusion mail on the 4th of November...I haven’t gotten an email from dhl or Tls since then...when I tracked my passport on tls...it showed it was on the 4th stage..what does that mean people
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 12:20pm On Nov 12, 2019
What do you mean by 4th stage, please?
Olasewa:
Hello people...please I did my biometric on the 14th of October and received my conclusion mail on the 4th of November...I haven’t gotten an email from dhl or Tls since then...when I tracked my passport on tls...it showed it was on the 4th stage..what does that mean people
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MyTurn2020: 1:50pm On Nov 12, 2019
Hello house

Please I need information about employment in the uk for professionals. Someone told that the UK are looking for workers from abroad to work in their country but the person does not have the details.

Please how true is it
Where can I get the link or thread
How can I get the list of jobs available
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by saintkola(m): 4:13pm On Nov 12, 2019
Skrskr:
Hello guys. In October, was refused a visit visa. But I was not satisfied by the decision as I felt I had a strong application and that the officer did not coheck all 50 documents I provided. I planned to reapply this month.

Although I had no rights of appeal, i did send them a complaint detailing how I believe my application was not properly checked.
At first, they replied to me that they were not the correct channel for complaints.
I didn't have their time since and about 15 days later, which is today, I mailed them again demanding for an explanation / review of the presiding officer's judgement on my visa.

7 hours later, they mailed me that ''my visa decision has been overturned and that I should submit my passport for the new decision ''Please note that your visa decision has been overturned.

Please submit your passport to the Visa Application Centre with a copy of this e-mail.

Once we have confirmation that the passports have been received, we will send out a new decision to be endorsed on your passport.''

Has anyone ever experienced an overturn of refusal decision? Does that mean my visa will now be granted?

I am going to submit my passport tomorrow to them.
Thanks

Congrats. Had the same circumstance in 2011.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Broadenyourhori: 4:44pm On Nov 12, 2019
Skrskr:

To be honest, i am not sure which one worked, i just bombed them from all angles.

complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk
publicenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

I also used their paid email service which cost about 5£

Check these links as well https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration/about/complaints-procedure#how-to-complain
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y

But I had good grounds to complain/believe the refusal didn't take my application or proof into consideration and they really made errors.

From all indication, they might be granting me the visa but i dont trust those people, they are also humans and from the looks of things, their defaukt settings is to deny a visa... Those same channels informed me that they were not the right place to complain but i kept following up and luckily, they overturned the decision. All the best to everyone.

Everyone refused a visa will now be sending emails for a review until the "blow" this opportunity for other people who actually need a review. smh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sgeze: 5:06pm On Nov 12, 2019
Broadenyourhori:

Everyone refused a visa will now be sending emails for a review until the "blow" this opportunity for other people who actually need a review. smh

And you think everyone who applies for a UK visa looks at nairaland. If they are not satisfied after the review they won’t give you the visa. There are appropriate channels for compliant, in this case you pay £5 if you are not satisfied before a review. It doesn’t affect or changes any thing because you are paying for a review and not free.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Aibisoye0: 7:37pm On Nov 12, 2019
Please who has flown Royal Air Maroc to London? Have been reading so many negative review about them but they seem reasonably priced for my planned dates.

NB: I've only flown KLM and Air France to London
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kayspark27(m): 8:24pm On Nov 12, 2019
No.i will contact him in few days time. Thanks y’all for your contributions

ozymes:
Go and meet him. Did he use your email address or his?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Green4(m): 9:19pm On Nov 12, 2019
Olasewa:

Please can you send the link, I would like to track my passport too, applied since September, got concluded SMS but hasn't receive my passport yet.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:35pm On Nov 12, 2019
Check Turkish Airlines website
Aibisoye0:
Please who has flown Royal Air Maroc to London? Have been reading so many negative review about them but they seem reasonably priced for my planned dates.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by themusketeer: 9:48pm On Nov 12, 2019
Aibisoye0:

Air Maroc?

Apart from their rice... they are nothing to right home about.

Try Turkish or Ethiopian airline

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 10:15pm On Nov 12, 2019
themusketeer:

Air Maroc?

Try [b]Turkish or Ethiopian airline[/b]How is the layover for these two airlines?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 10:18pm On Nov 12, 2019
How is the layover for these airlines?
giselle237:
Check Turkish Airlines website
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 11:56pm On Nov 12, 2019
layover can pan from 2 hours and above.. the new airport in Istanbul is pretty so u will enjoy the layover..
secondly avoid Lagos intl airport workers and their headache.. fly from Abuja
ozymes:
How is the layover for these airlines?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 12:13am On Nov 13, 2019
Actually travelling with kids
giselle237:

layover can pan from 2 hours and above.. the new airport in Istanbul is pretty so u will enjoy the layover..
secondly avoid Lagos intl airport workers and their headache.. fly from Abuja
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ganasy: 1:23am On Nov 13, 2019
Pls i have a question.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kodia007(m): 7:06am On Nov 13, 2019
Good morning house, for how long the non criminal case like visa cancel at port of entry, based on misinformation, that he was found that he has Uncle friend in the country. Whereby stated he did have any relative.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Aibisoye0: 8:25am On Nov 13, 2019
themusketeer:

Air Maroc?

Try Turkish or Ethiopian airline

The lay overs I'm seeing for Ethiopian and Turkish are not here o. But Air maroc is giving total travel time of 10hrs (4hrs .30mins to Morroco and 3hrs to LHR) 2 hrs transit

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.