Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,254 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1448582 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Orjforlife: 8:57pm On Nov 14, 2019
Please somebody should help out with this
Pleaee help

@justwise
@giselle237
Orjforlife:
Anybody willing to help here

My wonderful people, someone should please help me with this

Thank you

Good evening beautiful people...please i need advise from gurus in the house .

I am planning to apply for a tourist visa soon and will like to confirm if submitting an evidence of 300k fixed deposit along with employment details ( payslips, employment letter,letter of intro etc) will show strong ecomonic ties? 
Or should i add family pics to show more ties to my home country as i am single and still staying with my parents....i have an acct balance of 1.1m ( excluding the 300 FD)

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cascas: 9:02pm On Nov 14, 2019
tofo:
Hello Everyone.
I submitted my Application on Octover 23rd and did my Biometric Capture on October 24th . Got an email same day that my passport has been dispatched to the DMC.

It is 15 working days today and 3weeks since I captured and I am yet to here from them.

Anyone in my shoes that captured same or around the same time.
P.S mine is the standard and not priority application.

@Tofo today makes it 14days not 15, Monday 11th Nov wasn't a working day, anyway I believe by next week you should get feedback.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Olami1224: 9:06pm On Nov 14, 2019
Kindly help wit list of submitted documents

JDQueen:
Timeline LAGOS

Application submission and Biometrics:22/10/19
(Priority and Assisted service option)
Decision Email: 7/11/19
Passport Ready for Pickup email: 12/11/19
Passport picked up: 13/11/19

Visa Approved.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:12pm On Nov 14, 2019
Boss u are applying for visa to the uk... ofcourse u should submit any and every document to strengthen your ties
For ur family members u can submit birth certificates of ur siblings to show parents names, work ids and/or student id cards of ur parents and siblings to show that they are all in Nigeria and wud be in Nigeria during d period of ur trip.. add all family pics u want and staple to a paper with description of who and who is in each picture underneath and then scan
If ur parents are elderly and any of them has a medical condition, and u have paid their medical bills before or u take them to the hospital for follow ups, you can use this as a tie as their carer and cnt abandon them..
show proofs of everything especially if u are a 1st timer.
Do not submit any false documents. I hope the savings money u have 1m something has no lump sum or abnormal gathering slate.
Also hope u have a good paying job with company credits as employment tie is very important
Good luck

Orjforlife:
Pleaee help

@justwise
@giselle237I am planning to apply for a tourist visa soon and will like to confirm if submitting an evidence of 300k fixed deposit along with employment details ( payslips, employment letter,letter of intro etc) will show strong ecomonic ties? 
Or should i add family pics to show more ties to my home country as i am single and still staying with my parents....i have an acct balance of 1.1m ( excluding the 300 FD)

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:14pm On Nov 14, 2019
Orjforlife:
Pleaee help

@justwise
@giselle237

I am planning to apply for a tourist visa soon and will like to confirm if submitting an evidence of 300k fixed deposit along with employment details ( payslips, employment letter,letter of intro etc) will show strong ecomonic ties? 

Thank you

How much is your salary?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Candybright: 9:57pm On Nov 14, 2019
Necky101:
I did priority passport still not out.
Timeline
Biometrics: 18/10/19
Decision email:23/10/19
Up till now, passport still not gotten.
Called home office, no reasonable response received.
TLS has said, they’d escalate, it’s been 7 working days. No word.

I feel so frustrated right now. I don’t even have an idea what next to do. I need my passport.

Kai. And I know someone that did standard same 18th and got pickup mail yesterday. Lagos.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Orjforlife: 10:16pm On Nov 14, 2019
Thank you sir

I earn 192k after tax and pension
justwise:

How much is your salary?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Orjforlife: 10:35pm On Nov 14, 2019
Thank you giselle237 for your feeddback

The 1M savings is not a lump sum...it's savings from my salary overtime and every kobo can be traced to my salary account.

Though my parents are retired and with no medical conditions( i guess i will just gather enough pics and do as advised). Also i work and earn 192k after tax and pension...i still stay with my folks so i tend to save alot monthly from my salary

giselle237:
Boss u are applying for visa to the uk... ofcourse u should submit any and every document to strengthen your ties
For ur family members u can submit birth certificates of ur siblings to show parents names, work ids and/or student id cards of ur parents and siblings to show that they are all in Nigeria and wud be in Nigeria during d period of ur trip.. add all family pics u want and staple to a paper with description of who and who is in each picture underneath and then scan
If ur parents are elderly and any of them has a medical condition, and u have paid their medical bills before or u take them to the hospital for follow ups, you can use this as a tie as their carer and cnt abandon them..
show proofs of everything especially if u are a 1st timer.
Do not submit any false documents. I hope the savings money u have 1m something has no lump sum or abnormal gathering slate.
Also hope u have a good paying job with company credits as employment tie is very important
Good luck

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by buddie(m): 10:38pm On Nov 14, 2019
Hello All,
And the refusal letters follows after all the recommendations as shown below. Clearly many things were not put into consideration before reaching this decision.

1. Two bank statements were submitted for the application( One salary and personal account) with about 400K and 1.2M respectively why no reference was made to the other well funded account i don't know before reaching this decision.
2. A cover letter was also provided detailing all these information which certainly wasn't used
3. Documents regarding all the large deposits was explained in the cover letter and photocopies of all the treasury bills liquidated attached.

Is there a way of appealing this case as i feel the refusal is quite unjust?

Would i be thinking of applying for a trip and exhausting all i have saved just for a 7days trip?

Were the diligent enough not to have seen or noticed all the several other supporting documents i provided with this application?

BizBloke:

Looks better to me.
I'd like to add this: perhaps you chip off £20 from Transport & add to either Shopping/Feeding/Hostel.

Here's why: I'm not sure you're going to spend more than £35 on Transport within 5 days except you do a Coach Ride or Train Ride from one town to the other.

And you used a £1 = NGN445.65 exchange rate (correct?) I'd suggest using AbokiFx too, alongside Oanda. Actually, I think it's better to have a margin of error by overstating an exchange rate than understating it - in order to manage currency fluctuations.

Good luck!

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 11:01pm On Nov 14, 2019
you dont need anybody’s reassurance or critiques to tell u what next to do about any step of yours. Go few pages back u will see how someone said he/she filed an official complaint.. seek redress if you feel u were unjustly denied. Goodluck
U dont need anyone’s permission for this
buddie:
Hello All,

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 11:10pm On Nov 14, 2019
How did you accumulate the N1.1m?
Orjforlife:
Pleaee help

@justwise
@giselle237

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ganasy: 12:01am On Nov 15, 2019
ganasy:
Pls i have a question.
Me and my wife want to visit the uk for about a month (feeding & accommodation will be provided by the person inviting us). My wife is an applicant and also a student in a fashion school and based in Nigeria while i am a student in an european country. I will apply from here for myself and I have visited uk before. I will provide flight fares and all other expenses because she does not have any personal saving.
How should I go about it pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Orjforlife: 1:00am On Nov 15, 2019
Thank you @Ozymes,

I work and earn 192k as net income. I save very well monthly from my salary as i am single and still stay with my parents. the 1.1M is money i saved overtime...every kobo in my savings account can be traced back to my salary acct

ozymes:
How did you accumulate the N1.1m?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vicas2000: 1:14am On Nov 15, 2019
I am trying to upload documents (self service) and need clarification:

1. Do i put all my sponsors documentation under "sponsor evidence" e.g. my sponsors bank statement, mortgage document, sponsors british passport, sponsor council tax etc under the sponsor evidence category

2. There is another category labelled as financial evidence and not sure if this is for the applicants financial evidence only? i.e. the applicants bank statement, or should this financial evidence contain the sponsors bank statement too?

3. Also under what category should the cover letter be on?

Anyone can advise on this please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oak202: 6:32am On Nov 15, 2019
Ashirioluwa:
My junior brother 6-month UK visa just expired. He got the visa in May this year and he used it once that same month. He was in UK for 5 night in May for vacation.

I don't want to mislead him because he asked me if he can apply for renewal now.

His next vacation is in March next year and he will like to travel to visit UK again.

He wants to know if he can apply for renewal now or not (6-month / 2-year)
Gurus in the house I need your advice

Good morning house and a special thank you to all the gurus in the house.

From my personal experience since his next vacation is in March of next year, why can’t he wait within 3 months of his intended date of traveling before applying.

He can apply in January,2020 and go for 2 years.

I got my first UK visa October,2019 and expired in April of this year and i applied for 2 years in August because my traveling date was October which was given.
In my own case, i used the same documents because my status did not change.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by josiahese(m): 7:19am On Nov 15, 2019
Orjforlife:
Thank you @Ozymes,

I work and earn 192k as net income. I save very well monthly from my salary as i am single and still stay with my parents. the 1.1M is money i saved overtime...every kobo in my savings account can be traced back to my salary acct

If you make 192k monthly. It's fine.
It depends on your trip expenses...
If you estimated expenditure is almost twice of this your monthly salary , then you may not be granted.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by josiahese(m): 7:20am On Nov 15, 2019
buddie:
Hello All,
And the refusal letters follows after all the recommendations as shown below. Clearly many things were not put into consideration before reaching this decision.

1. Two bank statements were submitted for the application( One salary and personal account) with about 400K and 1.2M respectively why no reference was made to the other well funded account i don't know before reaching this decision.
2. A cover letter was also provided detailing all these information which certainly wasn't used
3. Documents regarding all the large deposits was explained in the cover letter and photocopies of all the treasury bills liquidated attached.

Is there a way of appealing this case as i feel the refusal is quite unjust?

Would i be thinking of applying for a trip and exhausting all i have saved just for a 7days trip?

Were the diligent enough not to have seen or noticed all the several other supporting documents i provided with this application?

Kindly share a comprehensive photo of the refusal.
We can't see your estimated expenditure you gave for the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oak202: 7:23am On Nov 15, 2019
Skrskr:

I understand you but would you prefer there was no avenue for complaint?
Not all refused visas actually do not have merit.
The ECOs are humans and I lowkey feel their job is to deny not grant visas from Nigeria.
When I posted my refusal decision, "gurus" on here (no offence) were asking me to not complain but wait a while till my circumstances change. Nothing needed to possibly change as I had good standings based on their rules. I am pretty certain there would have been a lot of people refused under similar circumstances to mine. Complaint is not an issue especially since it is a paid service.
To avoid everyone complaining, it's best they sit up and do their work to the letter.
I had an Australia visit visa refused in May, I couldn't complain because they refused based on facts. This UK refusal was based on laziness on the part of the ECO. I attached 50 supporting documents and could tell she probably checked two or three. Hence, I had grounds to complain. Who knows if he/she has refused thousands of other people by not checking their application thoroughly? They are not gods abeg. Even if everyone starts to complain, it's as simple as them taking a look and seeing if the complaints had merit. If not, they will probably uphold it.

I want to commend your courage for challenging the status quo. I did something similar which i shared here a while ago. Although i started following Nairaland like 2 months ago.

I applied for UK 2 years and i was given 6 months visa. People were like i should not complain that many people have been denied and i should count myself lucky(Not on this platform tho)
I lodged a complained that i need explanation why i was given 6 months instead of 2 years. I got an apology letter that i should return my passport which i did and got my 2 years visa.

This was in early october,2019. I have travelled and now back in Nigeria .

Another issue bothering my mind is people have been advising others to spend no of days stated on their application after been issued visa.

I started in my application last year that i will spend 5 days and ended spending 10 days due to sightseeing although i left the second day the conference ended.

Spending additional 3-5 days is not a bad idea in as much as your return ticket covers that but anything over that is not advisable.

Has anyone seen a refusal letter based on spending more days than what you stated in-your previous application?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 8:12am On Nov 15, 2019
Cool, So, include your 6 months payslips, both salary and savings account statements, employment letters, etc and ensure your trip budget does not exceed your 2 months disposable income. You need to show enough home ties etc
Orjforlife:
Thank you @Ozymes,

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 8:24am On Nov 15, 2019
ANSWERS: 1. Yes. 2. That is for the applicant 3. You can attach under all categories to prevent them from claiming not to have seen it
Vicas2000:

1. Do i put all my sponsors documentation under "sponsor evidence" e.g. my sponsors bank statement, mortgage document, sponsors british passport, sponsor council tax etc under the sponsor evidence category

2. There is another category labelled as financial evidence and not sure if this is for the applicants financial evidence only? i.e. the applicants bank statement, or should this financial evidence contain the sponsors bank statement too?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Yuzee: 10:02am On Nov 15, 2019
is there anyway I can know if visa was appproved? I'm getting really impatient ... DHL said estimated date of delivery is Tuesday next week...something that was given to them since Wednesday.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Skrskr: 10:51am On Nov 15, 2019
Vicas2000:

The cover letter should be under " additional information" I think there is a category like that, can't remember. Try to name the files accordingly. For the financial evidence, just put your own finances there. They should see all the sponsors financial evidence under the sponsors category. Sometimes, a document may be applicable to one or more category. Still "chuk am inside"
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Skrskr: 11:10am On Nov 15, 2019
[quote author=oak202 post=84040793][/quote]

Thanks boss. When you returned your passport, how long did they take to return it to you with the 2 year visa? I commend your courage as well for returning the 6 months visa. I know most Nigerians feel visa application is sort of like a lottery/achievement and the officials are gods. No they aren't. Yes, in some cases you may seem to have provided all the documents required and you can still be refused if some things do not add up but all in all. If there's paper trail for all the funds in your accounts and you don't appear to be desperate whether wittingly or unwittingly, they will grant the visa (well, except in cases such as mine where they refused because they didn't check properly).

However, they mailed me again this morning with a robust apology that the presiding officer misinterpreted the documents I provided so the ECM had another ECO review it and my visa has now been granted. But I don't know how long it will take before they return my passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Skrskr: 11:11am On Nov 15, 2019
Yuzee:
is there anyway I can know if visa was appproved? I'm getting really impatient ... DHL said estimated date of delivery is Tuesday next week...something that was given to them since Wednesday.

Nah

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Skrskr: 11:22am On Nov 15, 2019
1blessing:
Hello @skrskr, congrats. Please did you state in your application that you were denied australia visa in your recent UK visa since they can access the info from their database?

I stated all my prior visa refusals (2 to be precise).

The first was in 2007, when I was still a minor, it was a settlement visa to the UK.
The second Australia, May 2019.

I had no cause to not declare it. My situation has since changed.

For example, prior to may, I was just a freelancer, no company, no invoice, just money coming to my account. There was no way to prove that they were legitimate earnings or not.

After that refusal, I set up my limited liability company, separated personal funds from company funds, started earning a salary of 1,000 USD per month. Provided my payslip, evidence of FIRS tax filed for my company. There was a structure. So there is no way, they will say my situation hasn't changed or deny me because Australia denied me. I also travelled to Dubai in July just to build travel history (my first trip outside Nigeria).

When I get back from the UK, I will reapply to Australia again as I do not see any reason why I should be refused if I have two trips under my belt and never overstayed and I would probably be able to provide them about 8 months payslip and some other relevant evidence, maybe real estate or treasury bills.

Last last, i dont think its a good idea to leave out details of previous refusals. If they find out (which I'm sure they will), it will prove to them that you plan to run away on getting to their UK.

I even lowkey feel like having previous refusals can even help you because you can easily prove how your situation has since changed. I guess.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kazmoj: 11:25am On Nov 15, 2019
I was refused on this basis to UK visiting visa ... Please, can someone in the house help me what next do?Check below picture ..thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Skrskr: 11:28am On Nov 15, 2019
Broadenyourhori:

I completely understand your point. I had the same issue when i applied for my ILR couple of years ago. Even though i went in for a premium same day service at the HO in Croydon,paid £3000 - the guy refused to grant my ILR because i didn't include a document. (document i used for other permits and was not even required) I took notes of all our conversations, his name and staff number, his manager's name and made a complaint. I got an apology letter for the stress and had my ILR issued.

On the other hand, the workload on these guys are too much. Most applications from Africa are handled by High school leavers especially tourist visas. They have a threshold they can't go beyond.

Wow. High school leavers... No wonder.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Skrskr: 11:32am On Nov 15, 2019
kazmoj:
I was refused on this basis to UK visiting visa ... Please, can someone in the house help me what next do?Check below picture ..thanks

It's called "funds parking" boss.
In April you had 900k, and a few months later, it rose to 2million+. That is an Extra 3000+ pounds.

Did you explain the origin of the funds?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by buddie(m): 12:58pm On Nov 15, 2019
My cover letter indicates I'm spending 950pounds for the entire 7days trip.

Nothing more on the letter apart from that second paragraph.

josiahese:

Kindly share a comprehensive photo of the refusal.
We can't see your estimated expenditure you gave for the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tofo(m): 1:11pm On Nov 15, 2019
I just received this email now

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kazmoj: 2:11pm On Nov 15, 2019
Skrskr:

It's called "funds parking" boss.
In April you had 900k, and a few months later, it rose to 2million+. That is an Extra 3000+ pounds.

Did you explain the origin of the funds?
Thank you...because, I was promoted and my salary was increased to 80% of my initial salary in January 6th due to my project I was embarked on then, the account balance was 900+ but later it rised to 2.2M August ..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Olasewa: 2:53pm On Nov 15, 2019
Hello people..they refused my Visa Application...please can I re apply immediately because I’m still on leave but I won’t be able to go for the conference tho.

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.