Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,995 members, 7,835,336 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing (32058 Views)

Profile of the 5-man panel at the Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal / Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Will Still Favour Me – Adeleke / Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing by id911(m): 9:41pm On Jun 08, 2019
livelymatilda22:

You are the kid here. You are always too emotional and sentimental when it comes to issues that concerns Pdp.. Grow up

grin He's my brother although we're at variance in terms of political affiliations..so don't take it to heart!
Re: Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing by olajizz01(m): 9:42pm On Jun 08, 2019
Johnnyessence:
justice obiora only abstained from one sitting in the tribunal, and that doesn't hold any water . God knows countless numbers of times that justice keke re ekun didn't attend the sitting in the appeal court that decide on the Aregbese case in 2010, stop living in your deluded state of mind here. Supreme Court justices are very different with their different scrutiny to all the cases presented to them. We believe strongly that justice will be served in the supreme court.
Guess if it is the other way round,you won't say otherwise on judges of supreme court.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing by Tospringe: 9:46pm On Jun 08, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:

So anyone from Lagos is Tinubu's man? Are you aware Vivour's son was PDP senatorial candidate for Lagos West?
Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour. He lost to "Peperito" - Bayo Osinowo
Re: Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing by id911(m): 9:46pm On Jun 08, 2019
olajizz01:
Guess if it is the other way round,you won't say otherwise on judges of supreme court.

We don't attack the noble and revered justices of the Supreme Court. It's Buhari and APC that used different fora to attack them. Buhari even called them corrupt because he's an illiterate that doesn't know anything

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing by garfield1: 10:00pm On Jun 08, 2019
id911:

First of all, change your cell phone! It's ridiculous when a kid still sucking his mom's breasts and being taught how to mimic his mom behavioural patterns starts comparing himself with an adult. I doubt if you're actually from CRS
Idat.only senseless people resort to insults in the face of intellectual discourse.you are an empty soul
Re: Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing by Monday60655(m): 10:01pm On Jun 08, 2019
Let the will of God be done
Re: Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing by garfield1: 10:01pm On Jun 08, 2019
id911:

grin He's my brother although we're at variance in terms of political affiliations..so don't take it to heart!
You are a toddler
Re: Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing by garfield1: 10:02pm On Jun 08, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:

I hope you have not forgotten that Tambuwal won Sokoto with 330 votes?
In the presidential poll,its a loss
Re: Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing by id911(m): 10:03pm On Jun 08, 2019
garfield1:

Idat.only senseless people resort to insults in the face of intellectual discourse.you are an empty soul

What's intellectual about all your comments on this forum? Coconut head...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing by olajizz01(m): 10:03pm On Jun 08, 2019
id911:

We don't attack the noble and revered justices of the Supreme Court. It's Buhari and APC that used different fora to attack them. Buhari even called them corrupt because he's an illiterate that doesn't know anything
keep fooling yourself,no one possess Buhari tolerance in your party when it comes to court judgement, if your party is happened to be at the helms,zamfara judgement will never happen talk less of obeying it.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing by Gforce2019: 10:04pm On Jun 08, 2019
SLAP44:
Adeleke should win this

You are preempting the judgement. What if he lose at supreme court?

1 Like

Re: Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing by id911(m): 10:12pm On Jun 08, 2019
olajizz01:
keep fooling yourself,no one possess Buhari tolerance in your party when it comes to court judgement, if your party is happened to be at the helms,zamfara judgement will never happen talk less of obeying it.

What tolerance are you talking about? I hate someone mischievously using a favourable adjective or noun to describe Buhari to achieve a predetermined objective. PDP has nothing to do with Zamfara. It was APC, a very disorganized party that took themselves to court. Is Sen Marafa no longer an APC senator? Did anybody tell them not to conduct their primaries with respect to the law? What concerns PDP with infighting of the satanic party?

For the record, no one can disobey the judgement of the Supreme Court

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing by olajizz01(m): 10:26pm On Jun 08, 2019
id911:

What tolerance are you talking about? I hate someone using a favourable and mischievous adjective or noun to describe Buhari. PDP has nothing to do with Zamfara. It was APC, a very disorganized party that took themselves to court. Is Sen Marafa no longer an APC senator? Did anybody tell them not to conduct their primaries with respect to the law? What concerns PDP with infighting of the satanic party?
Yes,nothing concern PDP on the issue,that was why the judgement was the most worst,the least they ought to have done was to order fresh election,but ceding the position to the party that did asked for it was very biased.

1 Like

Re: Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing by samtheman: 10:41pm On Jun 08, 2019
Looking from the angle of five man committee, there names is victory for Adeleke
Re: Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing by id911(m): 10:43pm On Jun 08, 2019
olajizz01:
Yes,nothing concern PDP on the issue,that was why the judgement was the most worst,the least they ought to have done was to order fresh election,but ceding the position to the party that did asked for it was very biased.

Even if they ordered for fresh elections, APC won't participate because time for nomination of candidates had elapsed. It's a waste of scarce resources

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing by garfield1: 11:42pm On Jun 08, 2019
samtheman:
Looking from the angle of five man committee, there names is victory for Adeleke
What are the facts adeleke is bringing
Re: Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing by garfield1: 11:44pm On Jun 08, 2019
id911:

Even if they ordered for fresh elections, APC won't participate because time for nomination of candidates had elapsed. It's a waste of scarce resources
The party that came third would have been supported by apc to thrash your hopeless party
Re: Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing by id911(m): 12:00am On Jun 09, 2019
garfield1:

The party that came third would have been supported by apc to thrash your hopeless party

No bro... PDP would have still won. Remember Rivers? What I told you came to pass

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing by garfield1: 12:01am On Jun 09, 2019
id911:

No bro... PDP would have still won. Remember Rivers? What I told you came to pass
No sir.apc completely controls zamfara.pdp has no ground there
Re: Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing by id911(m): 12:11am On Jun 09, 2019
garfield1:

No sir.apc completely controls zamfara.pdp has no ground there

I know APC controls there but after the judgement and they are out, PDP would take charge. The smaller party that came third has no structure so can't make any significant impact even with the support of the satanic party

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing by tomdon(m): 4:05am On Jun 09, 2019
id911:

Well, I'm aware Bode Rhodes-Vivour is from Lagos but I think the Justices of the Supreme Court are most times on the side of justice. They know their judgement is a reference point both now and in the future. So I don't think being a Tinubu man as you said would change anything. They will be fair and deliver 'righteous' judgement

Fair judgement is relative. It could be either side depending on argument for and against, whichever is superior, it might not even be the right one.

1 Like

Re: Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing by MikeB3(m): 5:50am On Jun 09, 2019
The case will be settled at the Apex Court come June 17th, 2019.

Meanwhile, you can get your Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) Business Name, Limited Liability, Incorporated Trustees & NGO Registration done in a jiffy at BAYCRIS UNIVERSAL VENTURES. Shop 1, POWA Complex, Orita Challenge, Ibadan, Oyo State. You can contact me on 07036016999, 08021359551. Bayojunior3@gmail.com, Baycrisventures377@gmail.com.
Thank you!
NOTE: The registration will be swiftly processed with a reasonable price.
Also, no matter where you reside in our beloved country, it can be done.
Re: Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing by molybdenum0012: 6:38am On Jun 09, 2019
This is deep.

Meanwhile

Is your child struggling with school work? Do you need a personalized in-home or online tutor to help improve your grade in school?

We are here for you. All our tutors are verified, so no issue of insecurity.

You can also become part of our team of tutors provided you meet the criteria. Check below to apply.

Check my signature below and book a tutor anywhere in Nigeria
Re: Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing by elgramz: 6:51am On Jun 09, 2019
Adeleke for the victory
Re: Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing by ejimatic: 6:51am On Jun 09, 2019
ejimatic:
. Thank you for your insightful comment...
. I have decided not to comment on Osun matter until after supreme court rules on the matter. but I am compelled to say one or two things now in support of the comment of my brother who has manifested his wisdom and maturity unlike many on nairaland who are uncultured and uncouth in their approach to issues and comment on matters.I have said it several times that Nairaland is for exchange of ideas and opinion not a platform for political bigots thugs and gangsters many of whom are not known by neither Adeleke nor Oyetola and will never benefit #1 from the APC or PDP in Osun State.The Osun matter will be decided by Supreme court.However the supreme court judgement is not perfect.In the words of justice Kaliu who was former CJN "litigation must end somewhere and in Nigeria it is at the supreme court.Even if there are errors in our judgement at the supreme court it is the final and the errors can be corrected in heaven" If the supreme court judgement can be erroneous I wonder why some people are still political fanatics and psychologically disturbed on Nairaland.To such ones only God can deliver them from their immaturity and uncivilised behaviour. With due respect to educated mature and intelligent people on Nairaland , June 17 is important in the Osun crisis.It is a day both APC and PDP will present their cases .Supreme court will give a date for the final judgement after the hearing. In some cases judgement may be given that day while details will be given later especially if there is time constraint as stipulated in the constitution. The apex court will decide what is suitable. Additionally I expect the Supreme court to discuss on many issues in relation to Tribunal and appeal court judgements.Some of them will be highlighted later on this platform in due course.Till then all those interested in Osun matter should be tolerant to one another ,listen to one another's opinion and ideas even if they are different from yours. Remember the apex court will decide on it and whether erroneous or just it is final.
Re: Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing by ejimatic: 6:58am On Jun 09, 2019
Abdulazeez99:
The Supreme Court, on Friday named a five-man panel of judges to deliver judgement in the separate appeals by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and its candidate in the Osun governorship election, Senator Ademola Adeleke, against the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

Igbere TV reports that Adeleke is challenging the victory of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and its candidate, Governor Gboyega Oyetola, in the 2018 Osun State governorship election.

Members of the panel are:-
(1) Hon Justice Olabode Rhodes Vivour (Chairman)
(2) Hon Justice Akhas
(3) Hon Hustice Paul Adam Galumje
(4) Hon Justice John Okoro
(5) Hon Justice Ahaugi

Also, the Supreme Court hearing between Senator Adeleke/PDP and Governor Oyetola/APC is now scheduled for 17th June, 2019.

Igbere TV recalls that the Appeal Court had earlier ruled in favour of Governor Oyetola, after he had appealed the first judgement of the Election Petitions Tribunal, which ruled in favour of Senator Adeleke.

Recall that INEC had declared Oyetola and the APC the winner of the Osun State governorship election on the basis of the cumulative results of the September 22, 2018 main election and the September 27, 2018 supplementary poll.

Earlier on May 30, the PDP had won an appeal of the April 2 judgement by Justice Othman Musa of the FCT High Court, Bwari, which voided Adeleke’s candidacy for the election on the grounds that he was not qualified, having not possessed valid secondary school certificate.

The court had also declared Adeleke ineligible to contest the election on the grounds that he forged his secondary school credentials submitted to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in 2018.

But upturning the judgment on Thursday, May 30, Justice Emmanuel Agim of the Appeal Court held that the suit, having failed to be filed within 14 days after Adeleke’s Form C.F001 was submitted to INEC or 14 days after his name was published as a candidate in the September 2018 election, the suit filed before the FCT High Court, by virtue of section 285 of the constitution had become statute-barred.

Justice Agim also held that the failure of the FCT High Court to deliver its verdict within 60 days of the filing of the suit had rendered the lower court’s judgment a nullity.

The Court also held the affidavit evidence of the West African Examination Council and result ledger attached to it showed that Adeleke was not a dropout but actually sat the May 1981 examination of the body at Muslim Grammar School, Ede.

Justice Agim held that by virtue of section 177 of the constitution, by merely taking the examination and without passing any paper, Adeleke was qualified to contest the governorship election.

He, therefore, faulted the claim that Adeleke forged the West African Examination Council (WAEC) certificate he presented to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to secure clearance for the gubernatorial election.

http://igberetvnews.com/756300/osun-guber-supreme-court-names-five-man-panel-fixes-date-for-hearing/

have decided not to comment on Osun matter until after supreme court rules on the matter. but I am compelled to say one or two things now in support of the comment of my brother who has manifested his wisdom and maturity unlike many on nairaland who are uncultured and uncouth in their approach to issues and comment on matters.I have said it several times that Nairaland is for exchange of ideas and opinion not a platform for political bigots thugs and gangsters many of whom are not known by neither Adeleke nor Oyetola and will never benefit #1 from the APC or PDP in Osun State.The Osun matter will be decided by Supreme court.However the supreme court judgement is not perfect.In the words of justice Kalu who was former CJN "litigation must end somewhere and in Nigeria it is at the supreme court.Even if there are errors in our judgement at the supreme court it is the final and the errors can be corrected in heaven" If the supreme court judgement can be erroneous I wonder why some people are still political fanatics and psychologically disturbed on Nairaland.To such ones only God can deliver them from their immaturity and uncivilised behaviour. With due respect to educated mature and intelligent people on Nairaland , June 17 is important in the Osun crisis.It is a day both APC and PDP will present their cases .Supreme court will give a date for the final judgement after the hearing. In some cases judgement may be given that day while details will be given later especially if there is time constraint as stipulated in the constitution. The apex court will decide what is suitable. Additionally I expect the Supreme court to discuss on many issues in relation to Tribunal and appeal court judgements.Some of them will be highlighted later on this platform in due course.Till then all those interested in Osun matter should be tolerant to one another ,listen to one another's opinion and ideas even if they are different from yours. Remember the apex court will decide on it and whether erroneous or just it is final.

1 Like

Re: Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing by reuben79: 7:59am On Jun 09, 2019
5oyad:
Rhodes Vivour, Tinubu mlan? I doubt that Adeleke is coming o
let wait and see naa
Re: Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing by garfield1: 8:08am On Jun 09, 2019
id911:

I know APC controls there but after the judgement and they are out, PDP would take charge. The smaller party that came third has no structure so can't make any significant impact even with the support of the satanic party
You clearly do not understand political dynamics.ruling for four years means nothing.the dna of the people is anti pdp.in 2009 the then governor shinkafi defected to pdp but in 2011 lost massively to yari.pdp has never won any seat there.its just like in borno.if you join any other party,you will fail.just watch out,either the governor would soon defect or fail in 2023.you can see how tambuwal narrowly won in sokoto
Re: Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing by garfield1: 8:15am On Jun 09, 2019
tomdon:

Fair judgement is relative. It could be either side depending on argument for and against, whichever is superior, it might not even be the right one.
Yes that is why retired supreme court judge Katsina alu said that the supreme court are human and allowed to make mistakes.
Looking at the case and based on evidences,i think oyetola has more grounds.i do not see the supreme court delving into the conduct of elections to start deducting votes or canceling votes because evidence of rigging presented by pdp were not solid.the only way adeleke will win is if the supreme court rules that supplementary polls are illegal and that only results of main elections should stand.
The only thing i see is either upholding the polls or canceling the entire polls.
Re: Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing by Johnnyessence(m): 9:29am On Jun 09, 2019
garfield1:

You clearly do not understand political dynamics.ruling for four years means nothing.the dna of the people is anti pdp.in 2009 the then governor shinkafi defected to pdp but in 2011 lost massively to yari.pdp has never won any seat there.its just like in borno.if you join any other party,you will fail.just watch out,either the governor would soon defect or fail in 2023.you can see how tambuwal narrowly won in sokoto
As if you have been in Zamfara State before, you will keep on lamenting till the current governor win his governorship seat in 2023 again making it 8 years in government . He will spend 8 years in power and handover to pdp candidate too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kogidecides: APC Supporter, Umar Hassan Allegedly Gunned Down By SDP Thugs / Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President / Sanwo-Olu Commissions Newly Built Vetland School In Agege, Lagos (Video, Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.