Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

How Doctors Abroad Locate Patient's Vein Vs In Nigeria - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Doctors Abroad Locate Patient's Vein Vs In Nigeria (72816 Views)

Brain Drain: FG Moves To Hire Nigerian Doctors Abroad / How Doctors Forgot Sanitary Pad Inside Of Me - Woman Delivered Of Twins / Sese How Doctors Ends Nationwide Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Doctors Abroad Locate Patient's Vein Vs In Nigeria by Bibyken(f): 10:43am On Jun 09, 2019
My doctor in capitol hill hospital warri used this on me last year November.

2 Likes

Re: How Doctors Abroad Locate Patient's Vein Vs In Nigeria by Basher8583: 11:10am On Jun 09, 2019
subtlemee:
Here they'll tie you hand with rope,slap it,turn you upside down,shake you then after 50 needle pricks they'll now succeed to see one that will tissue in the evening....
Na me say may your vein go hide. Lose weight and no nurse or doctor will have to look for your vein.
The doctor is being synical and extremely unprofessional.

The device can only detect and map the vein using infrared lasers. It however does not tell the depth which is why the vien is not visible in the first place.

No need for the useless device if you have visible viens.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Doctors Abroad Locate Patient's Vein Vs In Nigeria by nkwuocha: 11:38am On Jun 09, 2019
G

DarkJeddi:
Your wife never dey sick..

She go help am hit am well if the sickness done hold am.. undecided

If she fit bear am fine if not she get right to slap the nurse thunder for face.
Re: How Doctors Abroad Locate Patient's Vein Vs In Nigeria by nkwuocha: 11:40am On Jun 09, 2019
Filmewell:

Heavily pregnant very obese Woman. That is the right adjective.
In which world is being physical to another human being right. Not to talk of the one trying to help you. Am ashamed at your reasoning

Obese o , she was linient enough. For yhe kind of woman i married I'd expect a few punch on the nurses left eye.
Re: How Doctors Abroad Locate Patient's Vein Vs In Nigeria by nkwuocha: 11:41am On Jun 09, 2019
jargo89:
Lol, silly? For trying to locate your wife's vein. Issokay

And yhe best way is yo keep slapping the wrist?Another nurse took over and was able to see the vein without first slapping the hell out of my wifes hand.Some of you Nigerians are sick!
Re: How Doctors Abroad Locate Patient's Vein Vs In Nigeria by DarkJeddi(m): 11:43am On Jun 09, 2019
nkwuocha:
G

If she fit bear am fine if not she get right to slap the nurse thunder for face.
Na who never dey sick dey see hand slap person thunder for face.. undecided
Re: How Doctors Abroad Locate Patient's Vein Vs In Nigeria by nkwuocha: 11:48am On Jun 09, 2019
DarkJeddi:
Na who never dey sick dey see hand slap person thunder for face.. undecided

Na so...as she no sick reach that one na, make shedey slap back.
Re: How Doctors Abroad Locate Patient's Vein Vs In Nigeria by JoannaSedley(f): 12:54pm On Jun 09, 2019
nkwuocha:

Obese o , she was linient enough. For yhe kind of woman i married I'd expect a few punch on the nurses left eye.
You and your semicomatose wife would've cooled off in jail for at least 24 hrs where I work. Must be all this mushroom hospitals with their uncultured, frustrated and ill mannered patients.
Re: How Doctors Abroad Locate Patient's Vein Vs In Nigeria by doctokwus: 1:07pm On Jun 09, 2019
HBB1:

When they are 'opportuned' to see oyinbo, they are at their humblest grin

Fucking inferiority complex
Not just being at their humblest,but treat them as semi god's.Meanwhile this maybe a white medical practitioner that knows barely little,with a Nigerian counterparts being far better.
When things sometimes go wrong in Nigeria or a patient dies from an ailment,the talk is that so and so Nigerian hospital or Dr was incompetent or faulty in it's management.
But that same family goes abroad or a patient dies from incompetence or medical malpractice abroad,and the talk from d Nigerian relations is,"that hospital really tried,they did everything they could".
The standard of care is similar here and there,save better diagnostic,procedural tools and equipments.
Re: How Doctors Abroad Locate Patient's Vein Vs In Nigeria by jargo89(m): 2:09pm On Jun 09, 2019
nkwuocha:

And yhe best way is yo keep slapping the wrist?Another nurse took over and was able to see the vein without first slapping the hell out of my wifes hand.Some of you Nigerians are sick!
Trust me sickness is curable, blissful ignorance is not. I would love to see you try cannulating a vein.

And before you drop the rhetoric: I didnt go to med school crap; no one would sit you in med school on how to spot or enter a vein. Its an art and some are gifted than the others.

The nurse who eventually succeeded in spotting the vein have pricked countless prior to being efficient. Appreciate peoples effort, it goes a long way.

1 Like

Re: How Doctors Abroad Locate Patient's Vein Vs In Nigeria by jargo89(m): 2:13pm On Jun 09, 2019
nkwuocha:
G

Your level of reasoning amaze me. Slap a nurse who wants to help you ensure safe and healthy delivery because shez doin all her best to secure a line.

Calling it a right is ludicrous enuff. Nawa for you ooo Mr
Re: How Doctors Abroad Locate Patient's Vein Vs In Nigeria by HBB1(m): 2:36pm On Jun 09, 2019
Remember the case of one man that slapped a nurse-- she was a very unassuming person.
Guess the guys village people were actually tired of following him, so they wanted to treat his Bleep up finally.
Anyway the unassuming nurse was the wife of the commissioner of police! cheesy

What happened to the guy afterwards can best be imagined and not experienced! grin

Abroad you are even not allowed to verbally abuse, how much more physically abuse.

Nigerians just have small clout and because they are "paying'' you automatically have to bend over for them.
My rule then was if you try to lay your hands on me, the kind beating you will get... when craze no dey worry you!

last last, I will lose my job.

1 Like

Re: How Doctors Abroad Locate Patient's Vein Vs In Nigeria by Abcruz(m): 4:44pm On Jun 09, 2019
davillian:
Nigerian doctors can work with little or no equipment
I respect them.
Once they combine Nigerian experience with foreign technology they become the best .

None could have said it better.

Re: How Doctors Abroad Locate Patient's Vein Vs In Nigeria by nkwuocha: 4:48pm On Jun 09, 2019
JoannaSedley:
She would've cooled off in jail for at least 24 hrs where I work. Must be all this mushroom hospitals with their uncultured, frustrated and ill mannered patients.

Where you work is shiit!
So you guys beats your patient first before securing a line...that place wey you dey work na very useless hospital.I bet you excort more dead bodies out of that graveyard you work.Nonsense!
Re: How Doctors Abroad Locate Patient's Vein Vs In Nigeria by nkwuocha: 4:51pm On Jun 09, 2019
jargo89:
Trust me sickness is curable, blissful ignorance is not. I would love to see you try cannulating a vein.

And before you drop the rhetoric: I didnt go to med school crap; no one would sit you in med school on how to spot or enter a vein. Its an art and some are gifted than the others.

The nurse who eventually succeeded in spotting the vein have pricked countless prior to being efficient. Appreciate peoples effort, it goes a long way.

I appreciate the efforts she is making trying to earn a salary, but slapping the wrist of a almost unconscious woman in pains is a no no...There's no ignorance about this;If I'm going to pay for the services of a nurse, i want a pro at the job!Q.E.D

MEDIOCRES!
Re: How Doctors Abroad Locate Patient's Vein Vs In Nigeria by nkwuocha: 4:53pm On Jun 09, 2019
jargo89:
Your level of reasoning amaze me. Slap a nurse who wants to help you ensure safe and healthy delivery because shez doin all her best to secure a line.

Calling it a right is ludicrous enuff. Nawa for you ooo Mr

Lmao!
Well she was slapped back na...That settles it.
Re: How Doctors Abroad Locate Patient's Vein Vs In Nigeria by JoannaSedley(f): 5:02pm On Jun 09, 2019
nkwuocha:

Where you work is shiit!
So you guys beats your patient first before securing a line...that place wey you dey work na very useless hospital.I bet you excort more dead bodies out of that graveyard you work.Nonsense!
I say opined earlier, uncultured patient you are sir. Run along please
Re: How Doctors Abroad Locate Patient's Vein Vs In Nigeria by nkwuocha: 8:51pm On Jun 09, 2019
JoannaSedley:
I say opined earlier, uncultured patient you are sir. Run along please

You as an employee is a waste, trust me.
Re: How Doctors Abroad Locate Patient's Vein Vs In Nigeria by fullonia(f): 11:19am On Jun 10, 2019
That was how a nurse kept on inserting and removing the needdle on my sister hand just to put drip, i had to ask her if it was possible to put the drip through her bombom because her whole hands was swollen
already.
gcggpwv
Re: How Doctors Abroad Locate Patient's Vein Vs In Nigeria by Cityguy: 8:55pm On Jun 11, 2019
subtlemee:
Here they'll tie you hand with rope,slap it,turn you upside down,shake you then after 50 needle pricks they'll now succeed to see one that will tissue in the evening....
Hmmmm..... This narration is funny. By the way, you've got a broad and nice smile.
Re: How Doctors Abroad Locate Patient's Vein Vs In Nigeria by subtlemee(f): 8:59pm On Jun 11, 2019
Cityguy:

Hmmmm..... This narration is funny. By the way, you've got a broad and nice smile.

Ta chu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Smoked Sisha While Wearing Contact Lens, And This Happened / Benue Man Who Snapped Pictures In Coffin Dies 24 Hours After (Photos) / Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.