Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,820 members, 7,831,673 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) (20819 Views)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare And His 4 Wives Pictured During Ugie Ododua Ceremony / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare 5 Wives At His 2nd Coronation Anniversary / 'Ososomaye' Juju Used By The Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, To Revoke Curses (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by ernieboy(m): 1:04pm On Jun 10, 2019
Beulah77:

You sure say you get sense so ooo, Oba of Benin under local govt chairman! You are really insane
constitutionally, he is right.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by babyfaceafrica: 1:22pm On Jun 10, 2019
ernieboy:
juju vs guns and artillery, historically guns always come out on top.
then juju us fake then...can't juju stop bullets and bombs?..if not..then the potency of such juju should be questioned
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by arazanbal: 1:27pm On Jun 10, 2019
Honor10:

what is Oba of Benin? Oba of Benin that Edo Governor can depose anytime

this is not emir of kano ooo,if the governor utter some words that are considered insult or taboo,him is in deep shit nor to talk of say e want removing,
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by Sarah20A(f): 1:38pm On Jun 10, 2019
Honor10:

what is Oba of Benin? Oba of Benin that Edo Governor can depose anytime
it might be possible in some state but not in Benin
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by Born2Breed(f): 1:45pm On Jun 10, 2019
Beninempire:
Edo isiagbon.

I can see some negative comments up there about the Benin, if you look at their moniker well you'll discover it's from the tribe of hate in eastern Nigeria.

No matter, Edo is still greater than they will ever will

Edo Odion!!!

Ezeye avbe mazuokor.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by Born2Breed(f): 1:47pm On Jun 10, 2019
rusher14:

What is wrong with people displaying their culture?

Nobody berates the Tibetan people when they display theirs.

What exactly is the problem?

Their problem actually is ignorance. They are bunch of miserable ignoramuses.

The same set who points to their fathers house with their left hand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by Sarah20A(f): 1:47pm On Jun 10, 2019
Naijaguy12345:

That’s why in the time of war and hostility, no country will fear us or fear black people. We advance in juju every day while others advance in technology. North Korea is 25 million but when they sneeze Americans are in panic mode for fear of what they can do.
[img]https://i./fyKO.gif[/img]
Benin tradition is not the reason why your country has refused to move forward.Please face your wicked politicians.you all keep ranting that Nigeria is not advancing in anything but still Nigeria youths keeps voting in corrupt old thieves into power.this last presidential election has made me believe that Nigerians are their own problems.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 10, 2019
Born2Breed:

Edo Odion!!!

Ezeye avbe mazuokor.

I don't mind them sha but I like putting them in their place

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by Born2Breed(f): 1:59pm On Jun 10, 2019
Beninempire:
I don't mind them sha but I like putting them in their place

Ugha tor!
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 10, 2019
Born2Breed:

Ugha tor!
ise,otemwen
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by IMASTEX: 6:17pm On Jun 10, 2019
BlacSmit:
Edo people na wa o,,, too diabolical!
As told you by the colonial masters. Same way you believe any black toy represent devil & white God. Religion can not all be practiced same way.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by Teejay510(m): 1:06am On Jun 11, 2019
amaniro:

Every monarch in Nigeria is under a local government chairman
Oba of Benin is not under any local government. the Governor of the state kneel before talkless of one mumu chairman. get sence.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by amaniro: 7:23am On Jun 11, 2019
Teejay510:

Oba of Benin is not under any local government.
the Governor of the state kneel before talkless of one mumu chairman. get sence.

Lol you don't know the constitution . Our constitution didn't acknowledge monarch. They put them under a local government. That's why Ganduje is messing with sanusi .Obaseki is just showing regards by kneling down.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by KanwuliaExtra: 6:37am On Jun 12, 2019
sassysure:
There are somethings that should be outdated already and alternatives introduced like that goat blood whatever I saw there. Kingdoms modernise everywhere.
That's why there are so many shrines in Benin. So if he don't wear red, he won't be an oba again. See able bodied men dressed like beggars following him around.

Kanwuliaextra, come and see ur brothers grin kiss

I am Afemai, not Bini. I don’t understand my own culture, not to mention any other in Edo state. Bini culture is foreign to me. I lived in Benin-City for the most of my Nigerian life but never really understood the language or culture!

Like all parts of Nigeria. . . . There are norms and practices. Do you expect them to forget their own culture and take up foreign ones? undecided

This same “Oba” lived and schooled abroad o! grin
But at least the “culture” is being preserved.

Whatever “it” is. grin

All the best to them. kiss
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by Favor99(m): 7:31am On Jun 12, 2019
proxillin:
Igbo people insulting my Benin brothers. Na dem say make u no get culture..

By the way I'm proudly. Yoruba
Thank you, smiley Yorubas have always been our brothers
smiley
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 13, 2019
KanwuliaExtra:

I am Afemai, not Bini. I don’t understand my own culture, not to mention any other in Edo state. Bini culture is foreign to me. I lived in Benin-City for the most of my Nigerian life but never really understood the language or culture!

Like all parts of Nigeria. . . . There are norms and practices. Do you expect them to forget their own culture and take up foreign ones? undecided

This same “Oba” lived and schooled abroad o! grin
But at least the “culture” is being preserved.

Whatever “it” is. grin

All the best to them. kiss

Amen!

I actually thought you all are the same.

I was actually pulling your leg since u always yab my people kiss

I only know that there is a town or village in Benin state that speaks igbo.

My grand father lived there. Said slave traders passed through that town from igbo land.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by KanwuliaExtra: 1:11pm On Jun 14, 2019
sassysure:

Amen!

I actually thought you all are the same.

I was actually pulling your leg since u always yab my people kiss

I only know that there is a town or village in Benin state that speaks igbo.

My grand father lived there. Said slave traders passed through that town from igbo land.

I dey yab every ethnic group o. All na fair game! cheesy
Edo state is quite diverse.

Edo State was formed on August 27, 1991 when Bendel State was split into Edo and Delta States. The major first languages spoken in the state are Edo, Etsako, Esan and Owan, Akoko Edo,Okpameri language and Ijaw. Edo State is home to several ethnicities, among them the Bini, Esan, Afemai, Emai, and Ijaw.

No, my dear. We are all NOT the same. kiss

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 15, 2019
KanwuliaExtra:

I dey yab every ethnic group o. All na fair game! cheesy
Edo state is quite diverse.

No, my dear. We are all NOT the same. kiss

If you had any knowledge of history then you would know that the entire Edo state was part of Benin Kingdom. Even Delta-state and Lagos were part of it. Benin City is to Benin Kingdom what Abuja is to Nigeria. The nigerians living in Abuja are no différent from nigerians living elsewhere, right ? And the president living in Abuja, he is not a mere governor, right ? I don't blame you, history was not part of your curriculum. And the language is Edo. The same language. But a lying lazy fool like you wouldn't know. The person you are replying is an Igbo nationalist who wants to claim parts of Edo state for his biafra, and he sees you as an ally in the balkanisation of Edo state. If this doesn't tell you you are a filthy traitor then what will ?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 15, 2019

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 15, 2019

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by Nobody: 7:36am On Jun 15, 2019

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by KanwuliaExtra: 3:02am On Jun 17, 2019
prolog3111:

If you had any knowledge of history then you would know that the entire Edo state was part of Benin Kingdom. Even Delta-state and Lagos were part of it. Benin City is to Benin Kingdom what Abuja is to Nigeria. The nigerians living in Abuja are no différent from nigerians living elsewhere, right ? And the president living in Abuja, he is not a mere governor, right ? I don't blame you, history was not part of your curriculum. And the language is Edo. The same language. But a lying lazy fool like you wouldn't know. The person you are replying is an Igbo nationalist who wants to claim parts of Edo state for his boards, and he sees you as an ally in the balkanisation of Edo state. If this doesn't tell you you are a filthy traitor then what will ?

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Gone are the days when I would spend DAYS or NIGHTS replying posts like yours.

All the best in life and death! kiss

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by Born2Breed(f): 6:38am On Jun 17, 2019
prolog3111:

If you had any knowledge of history then you would know that the entire Edo state was part of Benin Kingdom. Even Delta-state and Lagos were part of it. Benin City is to Benin Kingdom what Abuja is to Nigeria. The nigerians living in Abuja are no différent from nigerians living elsewhere, right ? And the president living in Abuja, he is not a mere governor, right ? I don't blame you, history was not part of your curriculum. And the language is Edo. The same language. But a lying lazy fool like you wouldn't know. The person you are replying is an Igbo nationalist who wants to claim parts of Edo state for his boards, and he sees you as an ally in the balkanisation of Edo state. If this doesn't tell you you are a filthy traitor then what will ?

Don't mind the miserable idiotic ignoramus. An Afemai who grew up in Benin and don't even understand Benin or his own culture. shocked

An Edo person referring to Wikipedia to list the tribes that makes up Edo Nation. cry

Without mincing words that guy is not an Edo. He is one of those morons masquerading as Edo. The iddiot is even proud to state publicly that he does not understand his own culture.

Who does that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 18, 2019
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by MetaPhysical: 2:07am On Jun 19, 2019
Bossontop:

D boy be like ....oooooo which kain wahala be dis na....shey na by force
Lol

Zoom that picture and look at that prince's face, who does he look like?

That's his great grandfather, Oba Akenzua's face. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Language Of Talking Drums In Yoruba Land / The Magnificent Black Skin's Worth. / Tonye Cole Visits Ooni Ogunwusi, Travels To UK With Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.