Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,468 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

Rank Math SEO Plugin: Things To Know Before Migrating From Yoast To Rank Math - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Rank Math SEO Plugin: Things To Know Before Migrating From Yoast To Rank Math (1008 Views)

Rank Any Website With Rank Math SEO / Rank Math SEO Plugin Review 2020 + How To Setup / Rank Math Seo Plugin Will Give You The Best Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rank Math SEO Plugin: Things To Know Before Migrating From Yoast To Rank Math by TheProfany(f): 12:18pm On Jun 10, 2019
Hey..

Haven't you heard?
There is a new SEO WordPress plugin that is driving everyone crazy.

And the craziest part of it is the plugin is actually FREE and it has more features than some paid/premium SEO plugins like Yoast SEO, AIO (all in one SEO) etc.

The name is Rank Math.

Some people has there different views on this new SEO WordPress plugin.

But here I am, after installing and activating this plugin, which involves migrating from Yoast SEO (if you use Yoast) to Rank Math.

I mean after importing my Yoast SEO meta, information, SEO settings to Rank Math.

I noticed the following things, which I'm about to mention and don't forget to read my final thoughts.
Re: Rank Math SEO Plugin: Things To Know Before Migrating From Yoast To Rank Math by TheProfany(f): 12:21pm On Jun 10, 2019
I have installed and activated Rank Math SEO WordPress plugin on this blog and I will update this post if I see any slight changes or green light precisely. �

Updated: Few days after installing Rank Math SEO WordPress Plugin, I noticed some negative changes on my SEO Analytics.

Rank Math is a new SEO plugin and we shouldn’t expect it to be perfect few weeks after launch before they’ll use some early users complaint to correct their errors.

I personally think the best time to test this plugin is when you’ve seen everything is normalized.

Meanwhile, few weeks after installing and activating this plugin on this blog, I noticed the following negative impacts to my blog which is as follows:

Alexa Search Analytics Dropped

My Alexa Search Analytics Dropped from 38% to 8%.

I’m to see if affected just the numbers or affected my site as well because I haven’t seen any search traffic drop down).

The SEO Settings Don’t Work Properly

When writing a new blog post, you will see some self SEO configurations which after enabling them will turn green.

An example is, when using Yoast SEO, and you’re writing a new post, you will see things like.

1. Add Keywords.
2. Add Slug (post URL)
3. The keyword doesn’t appear in Image Alt
4. The keyword doesn’t appear in H2 Heading.
5. The Keyword don’t appear at the post title.
6. The keyword appeared just 2 times, add more keywords
7. …and lots more

And as soon as you’re doing all these things, it will turn green respectively.

BUT IN RANK MATH, after doing all of the tasks, some bullet points will refuse to turn green, it will appear pale like you haven’t done them and that’s depressing.

I will add an image to backup my claims.

If the problem is from my side, rank math will let me know.

No Going Back After Migrating From Yoast SEO to Rank Math

Assuming after installing rank math and activated it by importing my Yoast SEO meta, post information, post titles etc to Rank Math.

And after testing it for few weeks, I noticed it has a negative impact on my blog and I said, I don’t like it, I want to Reverse to my Yoast SEO.

Sorry, you’re STUCKED!

You’ll have to deactivate and re-install Yoast SEO and start afresh.

You’ll need to manually update your previous posts after migration to Yoast SEO

They said, when importing all your Yoast SEO information to Rank Math, you are importing the post meta and SEO settings too, why then do I need to update my posts manually too?

You’ll see update post at every corner of your posts.

And if you have up-to 300+ posts on your blog, first of all, I would like to say SORRY and the best answer is “Leave it” or “Do it“.
Re: Rank Math SEO Plugin: Things To Know Before Migrating From Yoast To Rank Math by TheProfany(f): 12:24pm On Jun 10, 2019
FINAL THOUGHTS AND SUMMARY

I think Rank Math is good.

But they’re still in there testing interface.

Thereby making the early users undergo some few bugs and misconceptions.

If you’re installing Rank Math now, your Alexa stats will reduce, it doesn’t mean your SEO ranking will reduce.

You can’t reverse bank to Yoast SEO or to which ever SEO plugin you came from.

You will need to manually update the posts to suit the new rank math (SEO settings)

If you have over 300+ posts, that’s alot of work.

In addition, even though you’ve done all the tasks in the post, like add a keyword to appear in contents, heading, post URL, add a h2 heading, add a keyword in image alt and lots more.

The tasks which you’ve completed still won’t turn green, indicating you’ve done them.

Just like what happens when using Yoast SEO.

Everything turns green when you’ve done all the tasks.

So, that’s a problem as well.

I think they’re still in their testing cycle.

It doesn’t mean they’re trash or anything.

My advice for you is to stay calm until everything is normalized.

Meanwhile, you can install and activate it and stay in the “let everything get better cycle“.

Source : https://theprofany.com/rank-math-review-2019/
Re: Rank Math SEO Plugin: Things To Know Before Migrating From Yoast To Rank Math by Froshloaded: 10:26am On Mar 23, 2020
grin grin
I installed rank math last year..
My blog posts that index within minutes, stopped indexing..
Rank math is trash, thats why I'm using yoast premium

If you are just starting a website, you can use rank math... But if not, continue what you are using

(1) (Reply)

Cheapest Domain Reseller With WHMCS Free Module 2019 / Just Started Learning HTML, Rate My Work / Nairalist Is Static And Dealfish Wants Monoploy, Own Goodluckadverts.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.