Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,743 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women (40475 Views)

What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell / Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life / Feminism Is An Abbreviation Of Female Stupidity - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women by Regiomontanus(m): 11:06pm On Jun 11, 2019
Candice Owen isn't even up to 31. Though those are her views on feminism but she is not 55.
Re: Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women by crackhaus: 11:08pm On Jun 11, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

I didn't invalidate his argument by just questioning his expertise. His lack of expertise, while posturing as an expert on an eclectic range of issues that he has no background in, is one of the reasons to discount his argument - not the reason. And Peterson's sudden celebrity certainly fed his hubris about his expertise on all matters from economic systems, to religion, to climate science etc.

You can watch Shapiro's recent train-wreck interview with a British conservative on the BBC who he resorted to calling a liberal and basically rambling "I'm more popular than you". He himself was embarrassed after it, after he couldn't answer questions on his recent book that contradict his own positions. I have many points of agreement with Shapiro, but have often found his speed-talking and supremely confident disposition often bamboozle people from spotting the holes in his argument.
I was hoping for something more like another political commentator specifically exploring the fallacies of Ben Shapiro's thinking.

Anyway, do you have a link to that interview, or perhaps the search query I can use to generate it - the name of the British conservative should do it.

It would be different & quite interesting seeing Shapiro in a debate he didn't own through and through.
Re: Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:08pm On Jun 11, 2019
Ranchhoddas:
Rubbish. What he said is true for the vast majority. That you know a few exceptions does not change anything. People who call themselves feminists want to be given male privilege that they haven't earned. End of.

I'll wait for you to provide the source of this "vast majority" of yours. I won't hold my breath though.
Wait...you think "male privilege" is something to be "earned"? So what exactly did males do to earn this "privilege" of theirs?

3 Likes

Re: Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:10pm On Jun 11, 2019
crackhaus:

I was hoping for something more like another political commentator specifically exploring the fallacies of Ben Shapiro's thinking.

Anyway, do you have a link to that interview, or perhaps the search query I can use to generate it - the name of the British conservative should do it.

It would be different & quite interesting seeing Shapiro in a debate he didn't own through and through.

Andrew Neil on BBC was the guy interviewing him.
Re: Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women by Dedetwo(m): 11:11pm On Jun 11, 2019
EasterDell:
Lollz I think you missed the Memo.

Candace Owens! Is BIG BIGTIME Absolutely bold and brilliant black woman. The quintessential provocateur!

You know the type that get authorities worried when she opens her mouth to talk.

I'm a super fan of bold divergent thinkers, they make progress possible.

Not every woman want to sheepishly follow a doctrine because it was named "feminism".

Now in the name of "transgenderism" men are sneeking into women championships and competitions and winning scholarships, awards and all.

I celebrate those who have the courage to think differently! Candace Owens! Is a star! Search for and watch her videos on YouTube. It doesn't harm listening to different points of views

Nobody is a "black woman". She is an Afro-American woman or simply an American woman. The idiocy in describing human beings with color is the cradle of the certain stupidity in human nature.
Re: Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women by crackhaus: 11:12pm On Jun 11, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

Andrew Neil on BBC was the guy interviewing him.
Thanks.
Re: Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women by Ranchhoddas: 11:13pm On Jun 11, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

I'll wait for you to provide the source of this "vast majority" of yours. I won't hold my breath though
My source is reality. There is equal opportunity for everyone (in the west especially). Men are just better at taking them. Feminists want to be given.
Wait...you think "male privilege" is something to be "earned"? So what exactly did males do to earn this "privilege" of theirs?
Everything. Men are stronger, faster, smarter, more innovative. They build civilizations. That's how they earned it.

3 Likes

Re: Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women by Kophschmerzen: 11:15pm On Jun 11, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

I have known candace Owen's for quite a long time and I can say she is one of the brightest minds left of the slaved blacks.

Richdad

You must be joking!!! That obtuse bimbo have the IQ of a toilet seat.
Re: Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women by sweetilicious(f): 11:21pm On Jun 11, 2019
SageMK:
Agreed. It's a scam in the sense that feminism today doesn't advocate for oneness or happiness of women.

Stúpid women are now in control of this once amazing vehicle that was meant to serve as a voice to fight for the oppressed women in countries where even a dog is treated better than a woman!

Now these online ídiots have stride it in a direction of propagating hate against men. Fighting petty things like submission in marriage, terming it slavery and etcetera.

They want women to be treated as men, yet they still demand the special treatment that comes along with being a woman, a mother, a daughter or a wife...

Like Candace said — Ask a core feminist if she's happy.
I believe you.Some women misused the core objective of feminism.
Re: Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:22pm On Jun 11, 2019
Ranchhoddas:
My source is reality. There is equal opportunity for everyone (in the west especially). Men are just better at taking them. Feminists want to be given.

Your reality is not a source though. As an atheist, I don't lend much credence to the "reality" of a Christian or Muslim. No, there is not equal opportunity for everyone in the West. That's just obtuse. Can you specify these things that men are "better at taking" that feminists want to be given?

Everything. Men are stronger, faster, smarter, more innovative. They build civilizations. That's how they earned it.
Men are certainly more athletic than women on the mean. The rest is bullshiit. Men "built the civilizations" because they suppressed women in them. If even the advanced West only gave women suffrage in the 20th century, with women denied many opportunities in society, at what time in history were women supposed to "build civilizations"?

5 Likes

Re: Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women by Kophschmerzen: 11:23pm On Jun 11, 2019
EasterDell:
Lollz I think you missed the Memo.

Candace Owens! Is BIG BIGTIME Absolutely bold and brilliant black woman. The quintessential provocateur!

You know the type that get authorities worried when she opens her mouth to talk.

I'm a super fan of bold divergent thinkers, they make progress possible.

Not every woman want to sheepishly follow a doctrine because it was named "feminism".

Now in the name of "transgenderism" men are sneeking into women championships and competitions and winning scholarships, awards and all.

I celebrate those who have the courage to think differently! Candace Owens! Is a star! Search for and watch her videos on YouTube. It doesn't harm listening to different points of views

Do you mean same idiotic Candace that testified in the US house how white nationalism is a hoax?

Or the same Candace that said the CP5 that were exnorated and paid $41 million dollar are guilty of rape.

The same Candace that slave for right wing nut bread and loading on the black community.

Please move if you don't know nada, we are so familiar with all em white boys money hustlers in this country. They gonna change from the bullsh1t spewing, when the white boys get another aunty Jemima to carry water for them.

1 Like

Re: Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women by sanpipita(m): 11:25pm On Jun 11, 2019
Nigerian bloggers and fake news, they even said Candace is 55 years old, she is conservative and pro trump and saying things to annoy liberals, most of you commenting don't even know watsup in America

1 Like

Re: Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women by Dee60: 11:25pm On Jun 11, 2019
I have employed more women than men in my career. I think they perform well on the job, except for roles that require some level of masculinity!

Please am I male feminist?

1 Like

Re: Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women by sanpipita(m): 11:28pm On Jun 11, 2019
Kophschmerzen:

Do you mean same idiotic Candace that testified in the US house how white nationalism is a hoax?

Or the same Candace that said the CP5 that were exnorated and paid $41 million dollar are guilty of rape.

The same Candace that slave for right wing nut bread and loading on the black community.

Please move if you don't know nada, we are so familiar with all em white boys money hustlers in this country. They gonna change from the bullsh1t spewing, when the white boys get another aunty Jemima to carry water for them.

I been reading comments here and laughing, Nigerians are very ignorant, I can bet majority here never heard of Candace Owens until now, lol they actually believe she's 55 and sad about life

2 Likes

Re: Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women by Ranchhoddas: 11:32pm On Jun 11, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

Your reality is not a source though.
Observation is part of the scientific method no?
As an atheist, I don't lend much credence to the "reality" of a Christian or Muslim No, there is not equal opportunity for everyone in the West. That's just obtuse. Can you specify these things that men are "better at taking" that feminists want to be given?
An atheist is someone who lacks belief in deities. I don't know why you are telling me you are one. Are you trying to sound smart
Why do you think I am Christian or Muslim?

Men are certainly more athletic than women on the mean. The rest is bullshiit. Men "built the civilizations" because they suppressed women in them. If even the advanced West only gave women suffrage in the 20th century, with women denied many opportunities in society, at what time in history were women supposed to "build civilizations"?
It is not very sensible to call something bull without showing how it so. Are men not more innovative??
This is 2019. Tell me one thing that men have access to in the West that women are denied?

2 Likes

Re: Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women by adekennis(m): 11:34pm On Jun 11, 2019
Deepfeel:

Been following you for awhile, that mature soft understanding personality I saw in you that made me follow you is drifting away, your emotions are controlled by what people say, put yourself together lady it's not worth it, your secret admirer might be disappointed, women usually have secret Admirers everywhere

Shooting ur shot wink
Re: Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women by adekennis(m): 11:35pm On Jun 11, 2019
Deepfeel:

Everywhere not only on nairaland, be yourself dear

Second shot cheesy
Re: Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women by adekennis(m): 11:37pm On Jun 11, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Tanx love!

Waiting to hear testimony in the next 3 months how this conversation turn to marriage grin grin
Re: Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:45pm On Jun 11, 2019
cococandy:
Watch jobless mofos come dancing on this thread.
The word. The F word that they can’t resist. The word that scares them so much they can’t pass up any opportunity to tear it down. grin

Lady if feminism is a scam to you, kindly go back to the era where no one would have even bothered to seek your opinion let alone give you TV time.

Some ladies be living the emancipated life yet crying about the system that made it possible for them. Wonder who she’s trying to impress now.

The civil rights movement made it possible for her to speak not feminism. When will you black women ever learn that you got all your rights via the civil rights movement

1 Like

Re: Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:45pm On Jun 11, 2019
Ranchhoddas:
Observation is part of the scientific method no? An atheist is someone who lacks belief in deities. I don't know why you are telling me you are one. Are you trying to sound smart

Am I supposed to be trying to sound stupid? You said something is a reality without demonstrating how you came to the conclusion. I'm demonstrating the subjectivity of "reality" by pointing out that the reality of a Christian or Muslim is different from my own reality as an atheist. Who said anything about whether you're Christian or Muslim?

It is not very sensible to call something bull without showing how it so. Are men not more innovative??
This is 2019. Tell me one thing that men have access to in the West that women are denied?

Again, even in the West, women only got suffrage in the 20th century and for decades more after that were hindered by patriarchal constructs about the role of women in society. So again, at what time and for how long have women had equal opportunity to "build civilizations" as you posited earlier?
How are men more innovative? Did you conduct a study demonstrating the superior innovative ability of men?

4 Likes

Re: Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jun 11, 2019
cococandy:
The word. The F word that they can’t resist. The word that scares them so much they can’t pass up any opportunity to tear it down. grin

Lady if feminism is a scam to you, kindly go back to the era where no one would have even bothered to seek your opinion let alone give you TV time.

Some ladies be living the emancipated life yet crying about the system that made it possible for them. Wonder who she’s trying to impress now.

It's ladies like you that make feminism a senseless thing. Must you insult people to get your point across? undecided
Re: Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women by babington91(m): 11:50pm On Jun 11, 2019
donbachi:
Dem go gree gree?

they won't o....they will b flexing muscles upandan
Re: Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jun 11, 2019
I just knew it was going to be a product of a regressive baboon and there you have it.

My instincts are never wrong.

That's why I love Caucasians.

When they pick a struggle, they never look back.

God bless the white folks.

As regards nairalanders w@nking their d1cks on this topic, when una make noise finish, una go come back to reality.

Your fate awaits you. grin

1 Like

Re: Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jun 11, 2019
Ranchhoddas:
Observation is part of the scientific method no? An atheist is someone who lacks belief in deities. I don't know why you are telling me you are one. Are you trying to sound smart

Men or white men?

What do black men innovate if not crime and corruption. Yet you want to carry your useless dark prick and attach to world class innovations because you are a MAN ba?

And you don't want women to attach because they are humans. Black Alfa males have never reasoned well.

3 Likes

Re: Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women by Elliot2(m): 11:56pm On Jun 11, 2019
cococandy:

No system made it possible, men did. And the truth is,like colonialism, men simply got tired of the old ways and therefore gave them education. And like independence from colonialism using most African countries as a case study—most women have seemed incapable of handling freedom.
Re: Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jun 11, 2019
cococandy:

You mind them?

Let them put their heads on cloud 9 then come back and face reality

Entities that cannot equate $1 to #1... is it feminism they think they can stop?

3 Likes

Re: Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 11, 2019
koyyes:
I just knew it was going to be a product of a regressive baboon and there you have it.

My instincts are never wrong.

That's why I love Caucasians.

When they pick a struggle, they never look back.

God bless the white folks.

As regards nairalanders shaking their d1cks on this topic, when una make noise finish, una go come back to reality.

Your fate awaits you. grin

Lmao. I can spot Ranchhoddas.

Hahahahahaha!

3 Likes

Re: Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:08am On Jun 12, 2019
Elliot2:
No system made it possible, men did. And the truth is,like colonialism, men simply got tired of the old ways and therefore gave them education. And like independence from colonialism using most African countries as a case study—most women have seemed incapable of handling freedom.

The overwhelming majority of criminals, terrorists, mass shooters, serial killers, rapists and pedophiles, etc (basically most of the threats to civilized, safe, harmonious society) are men. But it's women that are "incapable of handling freedom". What a drooling mooron. grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women by Nobody: 12:09am On Jun 12, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

I've followed Jordan Peterson since he became a celebrity intellectual after distorting Canadian law about transgender pronouns to make himself a martyr. And I've been well-aware of Ben Shapiro's work since at least 2014. I've watched and listened to no less than a hundred Youtube videos of both and can see how their views can be seductive, but if you have any intellectual curiosity, perhaps also view serious critiques of their work that explore the fallacies of their thinking.
The classic fallacy of Peterson in particular is grotesque generalizations to demonize any ideology he doesn't like (feminism, socialism etc) even when he has no expertise on the matter. He recently got destroyed by a guy called Slavoj Zizek arguing about Marxism where he was exposed as knowing absolutely nothing about what he loves to rant about. Your arguments aren't based on what the average 21st century feminist articulates, but you base your arguments on caricatures of what an extremist feminist believes.
Peterson also loves to trot out the line about "equality of opportunity" and "equality of outcome". This sounds clever on the surface, but when explored deeper, has a lot of holes in the argument considering the vast disparity in opportunity that individuals from different roots and backgrounds get. Someone like Nathan Robinson has written several good pieces on the myth of equality of opportunity which you can easily Google online. It's a good thing to follow lettered, erudite scholars but people fall into the trap of getting indoctrinated by a single message.

Jordan Peterson or Shapiro aren't against true feminism. that advocates equal opportunities....which can be managed by good governance and laws..no man in his right senses is against it, like I said women are our mother, sisters, wives, daughters, any advantage on their part is a win win for men on the long run.....but equal outcomes can never be achieved unless one party is eventually marginalized .....
U can create equal opportunities by making education available for both sexes, balance the scale of women weakness in terms of child bearing and their job roles....but the outcomes can never be predicted which is what modern feminism is trying to ride on..claiming patriarchy is used in organization leadership..
Specifically, U can ensure more scholarships for women in the field of mechanical engineering to encourage more women in that field...but female nature, desire and so many other factors will always come to play and the outcomes will not automatically result in equal number of mix of men and women in the oil rigs or automobile manufacturing....
While I'm an advocate of equal opportunities... I think its a pack load of crap to force outcomes and its almost impossible without being biased..that's the power tussle going on now where laws wants to be used to force standard percentage of women in board members...
U said I based my arguments on extreme feminism... But for crying out loud, that's what's more common these days...u are making it sound like I made up extreme feminism ideology....
.go and see the recent research on Scandinavian countries...its the extreme feminism that's driving the LGBT movement forcing girlish toys boys and the other way round, hoping to raise more girls as boys in order to control outcomes of having more women leaders than men...it isn't equality anymore

4 Likes

Re: Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women by Nobody: 12:12am On Jun 12, 2019
Dee60:

I have employed more women than men in my career. I think they perform well on the job, except for roles that require some level of masculinity!

Please am I male feminist?

Yes
Re: Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women by Ranchhoddas: 12:17am On Jun 12, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

Am I supposed to be trying to sound stupid? You said something is a reality without demonstrating how you came to the conclusion. I'm demonstrating the subjectivity of "reality" by pointing out that the reality of a Christian or Muslim is different from my own reality as an atheist. Who said anything about whether you're Christian or Muslim?
What is there to demonstrate?
The guy you quoted gave an example of seats been reserved for women on a board regardless of whether men were qualified or not a position i.e affirmative action. Is that subjective? Is affirmative action subjective

Again, even in the West, women only got suffrage in the 20th century and for decades more after that were hindered by patriarchal constructs about the role of women in society. So again, at what time and for how long have women had equal opportunity to "build civilizations" as you posited earlier?
The reason you keep going back to the 20th century is because you have nothing to hold on to in 2019. You talk about vague "patriarchal constructs". I don't know what you mean. Please clarify.
How are men more innovative? Did you conduct a study demonstrating the superior innovative ability of men?
Once again my observation. I can't think of any groundbreaking innovation or discovery by a woman. He operative word is "groundbreaking".
Think black holes, air travel, space exploration, television, internet etc.
Show that this is false. How would you carry out a study of innovative ability if not by looking at the innovations

1 Like

Re: Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women by Ranchhoddas: 12:20am On Jun 12, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Men or white men?

What do black men innovate if not crime and corruption. Yet you want to carry your useless dark prick and attach to world class innovations because you are a MAN ba?

And you don't want women to attach because they are humans. Black Alfa males have never reasoned well.
Unlike you I'm not a fanatic. I'm willing to concede that white men are more innovative than black men if you can demonstrate it.
It's probably above your mental ability though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Oyibo Man Pounds Yam For His African Wife / Cheating Doesnt Stop A Man From Loving His Wife / Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.