Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,756 members, 7,831,442 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Update: I Now Have A Job But... - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Update: I Now Have A Job But... (1688 Views)

After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... / I Was Penciled Down For A Cleaners Job, But Got Lecturing Job Instead / I Got Firs Job But Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update: I Now Have A Job But... by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 11, 2019
Good morning all. It's OgbeniTafa the ex-online job seeker again. I have finally secured employment.
Based on referral from someone who works at First Bank insurance, I was invited to an interview to work as an insurance marketer. Unfortunately, I was told they don't pay salary or give incentives. They pay only based on commission every two weeks. They told us to think about it and report back the following week for documentation if still interested. I chatted with one of the security man and this is what he said: "oga, for this insurance work ehn, na your shoe go hear am o." Immediately, I rejected the job in my mind.
However, I just didn't want to go back home just like that. I took keke back to obalende (from cms) and decided to hunt for jobs from there. After knocking on doors and making inquiries from one place to another, I finally secured a job at a supermarket. They pay #40k per month and was asked to resume next week Monday.
This is where I need help. I don't have transport money to move from Bariga to Obalende and back everyday for one month. Even to see food chop na miracle, lol.
From Iyana-oworo under bridge to Obalende and back is #350 daily. For I month (30 days) is #10,500
This is what I need for this month only. If anyone can help me out, I'll be grateful.

To prove my authenticity, I'm willing to show up in person around Bariga, Gbagada and Akoka axis, reason being that these places are 'trekkable' from my current location.

You can be gracious enough by sending #12k so I can eat my first reasonable meal POST-NYSC. THANK YOU.
Re: Update: I Now Have A Job But... by czarina(f): 11:54am On Jun 11, 2019
It is well with you.

If you remove 10,500 every month from 40k, what will you have left? And you'll eat at work too.

Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Update: I Now Have A Job But... by monimekaz(m): 11:59am On Jun 11, 2019
See guy! I have trekked from Oshodi to Iyana Ipaja to and fro for 20 days . This is not a farce or a sort of make up story. I would trek some times with empty stomach. I didnt die. Not that I cant beg for help but I am not just comfortable begging people for stuffs like this .Everyone get their own problem ,I no go like disturb others with mine. Call it pride or whatever but some of us would rather not beg for anything,that is how are brought up.I hope You understand my point . There is clear difference between soliciting for help and begging for it.They might be synonymous but there is a clear difference in semantics . Thank you.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update: I Now Have A Job But... by sanny1(m): 12:01pm On Jun 11, 2019
STOP BEGGING JOO.

1 Like

Re: Update: I Now Have A Job But... by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 11, 2019
czarina:
It is well with you.

If you remove 10,500 every month from 40k, what will you have left? And you'll eat at work too.

Good luck
Amen. Thanks.
Re: Update: I Now Have A Job But... by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 11, 2019
sanny1:
STOP BEGGING JOO.
OK.. Thanks.
Re: Update: I Now Have A Job But... by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 11, 2019
monimekaz:
See guy! I have trekked from Oshodi to Iyana Ipaja to and fro for 20 days . This is not a farce or a sort of make up story. I would trek some times with empty stomach. I didnt die. Not that I cant beg for help but I am not just comfortable begging people for stuffs like this .Everyone get their own problem ,I no go like disturb others with mine. Call it pride or whatever but some of us would rather not beg for anything,that is how are brought up.I hope You understand my point . There is clear difference between soliciting for help and begging for it.They might be synonymous but there is a clear difference in semantics . Thank you.
Jesus! Na strong man you be. Thanks for the advice.

1 Like

Re: Update: I Now Have A Job But... by Teaveapoet(f): 12:26pm On Jun 11, 2019
I honestly wished i could help.
Re: Update: I Now Have A Job But... by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 11, 2019
Teaveapoet:
I honestly wished i could help.
Thanks for the positive wish. God bless you.
Re: Update: I Now Have A Job But... by CsRockefeller(m): 4:44pm On Jun 11, 2019
monimekaz:

grin grin grin grin

you are joking right?

Even me wey like trekking pass anything and have been trekking for over 10 years can't try what u did.

Thats if u did it.
Re: Update: I Now Have A Job But... by monimekaz(m): 6:52pm On Jun 11, 2019
CsRockefeller:

grin grin grin grin

you are joking right?

Even me wey like trekking pass anything and have been trekking for over 10 years can't try what u did.

Thats if u did it.

Guy I no joke ..I will rather not disturb anyone with my problem ..everyone get hin own
Re: Update: I Now Have A Job But... by czarina(f): 7:05pm On Jun 11, 2019
monimekaz:

Guy I no joke ..I will rather not disturb anyone with my problem ..everyone get hin own
I completely understand you.
Re: Update: I Now Have A Job But... by Olorunnim: 7:28pm On Jun 11, 2019
ogbeniTafa:
Good morning all. It's OgbeniTafa the ex-online job seeker again. I have finally secured employment.
Based on referral from someone who works at First Bank insurance, I was invited to an interview to work as an insurance marketer. Unfortunately, I was told they don't pay salary or give incentives. They pay only based on commission every two weeks. They told us to think about it and report back the following week for documentation if still interested. I chatted with one of the security man and this is what he said: "oga, for this insurance work ehn, na your shoe go hear am o." Immediately, I rejected the job in my mind.
However, I just didn't want to go back home just like that. I took keke back to obalende (from cms) and decided to hunt for jobs from there. After knocking on doors and making inquiries from one place to another, I finally secured a job at a supermarket. They pay #40k per month and was asked to resume next week Monday.
This is where I need help. I don't have transport money to move from Bariga to Obalende and back everyday for one month. Even to see food chop na miracle, lol.
From Iyana-oworo under bridge to Obalende and back is #350 daily. For I month (30 days) is #10,500
This is what I need for this month only. If anyone can help me out, I'll be grateful.
This is my account number: 2063882939 Uba

To prove my authenticity, I live at Bariga and I'm willing to show up in person around Bariga, Gbagada and Akoka axis, reason being that these places are 'trekkable' from my current location.

You can be gracious enough by sending #12k so I can eat my first reasonable meal POST-NYSC. THANK YOU.
You don't have to pay for that much for transport you can take the ferry it's a lot cheaper.
Re: Update: I Now Have A Job But... by CsRockefeller(m): 9:33pm On Jun 11, 2019
monimekaz:

No now, that's too extreme. The World isn't too hard like that.

Today, I was short of N50, I politely asked one man who helped me to buy a brt ticket of N100.

Nigerians are actually nice people, they are always willing to help. I help a lot too, maybe thats y I am always confident of getting help anytime I reach out.

1 Like

Re: Update: I Now Have A Job But... by leonard002(m): 10:56pm On Jun 11, 2019
Meet your employer and plead for salary advance, she/he may agree to pay you the 10,500 advance for your transportation for the month

4 Likes

Re: Update: I Now Have A Job But... by hausadreturn(m): 2:00am On Jun 12, 2019
Na Bicycle things go sure if t.fare no dey o.
Re: Update: I Now Have A Job But... by Ranchhoddas: 9:28am On Jun 12, 2019
monimekaz:
You were walking straight on the express abi you know shortcut
Re: Update: I Now Have A Job But... by lereinter(m): 10:14am On Jun 12, 2019
monimekaz:

You are a great guy
Re: Update: I Now Have A Job But... by joe4christ(m): 11:55am On Jun 12, 2019
monimekaz:

In as much as lots of people will commend you for your ruggedness I won't. This path you're threading on is one of the fastest lane to depression. No single man is an island and that's why there's need for relationships and acquaintance. If u continue like this u will get to a stage u will break down and that's when u would need EPP but no one will even notice cos ur ego won't allow you open up and cry for help.

Seek help when need arises. Even if Heaven wanna bless you, it might still have to use someone you least expected to help you cross over into your success.

6 Likes

Re: Update: I Now Have A Job But... by monimekaz(m): 1:56pm On Jun 12, 2019
joe4christ:

In as much as lots of people will commend you for your ruggedness I won't. This path you're threading on is one of the fastest lane to depression. No single man is an island and that's why there's need for relationships and acquaintance. If u continue like this u will get to a stage u will break down and that's when u would need EPP but no one will even notice cos ur ego won't allow you open up and cry for help.

Seek help when need arises. Even if Heaven wanna bless you, it might still have to use someone you least expected to help you cross over into your success.

Bro as much as I will love to respect your opinion ,I will to take exception to you basing your argument on assumptions .You and I are from different backgrounds.I came from a large family and I cant remember anyone coming to my parents to shout on them because they owed them or something of such. With hard works and struggles, there are seven graduates in my family. My father didnt borrow a dime from anyone neither did my mum. When we needed anything,my father's philosophy was that either you get it by hardwork or leave it for God.I can't even remember asking anything from a distant family;uncles,cousins ,aunts etc. I knew most of them when my dad passed away . When He passed away, I was just 21 and in 300 level in the University. I missed most of my 300 level second semester exams like 2 0r 3 courses because he died a week to my exam. I hustled with the help of my mum and siblings till I graduated . I didnt use extra year. Given this background I believe you should understand that depression is not my thing. My father taught me to get solutions to problems not dwell in the them or make it a community problem . Everyone has problems. When you go to people for help, solicit for it and not beg for it. Even before heaven will help you, you should have helped yourself to a reasonable extent
Re: Update: I Now Have A Job But... by All4good: 4:14pm On Jun 12, 2019
monimekaz:

Bro as much as I will love to respect your opinion ,I will to take exception to you basing your argument on assumptions .You and I are from different backgrounds.I came from a large family and I cant remember anyone coming to my parents to shout on them because they owed them or something of such. With hard works and struggles, there are seven graduates in my family. My father didnt borrow a dime from anyone neither did my mum. When we needed anything,my father's philosophy was that either you get it by hardwork or leave it for God.I can't even remember asking anything from a distant family;uncles,cousins ,aunts etc. I knew most of them when my dad passed away . When He passed away, I was just 21 and in 300 level in the University. I missed most of my 300 level second semester exams like 2 0r 3 courses because he died a week to my exam. I hustled with the help of my mum and siblings till I graduated . I didnt use extra year. Given this background I believe you should understand that depression is not my thing. My father taught me to get solutions to problems not dwell in the them or make it a community problem . Everyone has problems. When you go to people for help, solicit for it and not beg for it. Even before heaven will help you, you should have helped yourself to a reasonable extent

I totally understand your background and type of person. While we are all mortars and as such what hunts one can hunt the other, I can boldly say that depression is very far from your kind of person. You live within reality boundaries and create your world. And like your late Dad who did a good job bringing you up said "Leave it for God if you can't earn it by hard work" Ohh, reading your comments, am excited that in this yahoo-yahoo and g-plus generation that we still have a Nigerian with the virtue of hardworking and earning his living.
No one should go through this life depending upon others who depend on circumstance. Few days ago, a young lad say 18-20years accosted me requesting N50 for transport. Initially I said NO because I felt I knew what he actually wanted it for, saving money for the next weed or tramadol. But on a second thought, I told him to come board a bus while I pay for him and immediately the story changed that he was still waiting for someone. I laughed, shock my head but was really sad for our society. I have seen and encountered beggars in different countries. In the restaurant, asking for my change to buy a meal and others playing music in the subway to get me to leave some change in their plates. But only in Nigeria that I see this "transport" format beggars. They don't even see themselves as beggars, I believe they call themselves hustlers.
Re: Update: I Now Have A Job But... by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 12, 2019
lereinter:

You are a great guy

Great ko great ni. There is nothing great in what he did.
Re: Update: I Now Have A Job But... by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 12, 2019
monimekaz:

And the solution you could get was trekking?
Re: Update: I Now Have A Job But... by monimekaz(m): 6:33pm On Jun 12, 2019
Hipsofagoddess:

And the solution you could get was trekking?

No time to write long story ...The moral lesson is there are issues you should not bring online ...simple ...Everyone get problem ..
Re: Update: I Now Have A Job But... by lereinter(m): 10:13pm On Jun 12, 2019
Hipsofagoddess:

Great ko great ni. There is nothing great in what he did.

Really

(1) (Reply)

Advice To Undergraduates, NYSC Corps Members & The Unemployed If You Want A Job / Food And Beverage Companies In Nigeria (updated List 2021) / Unsolicited Application To Kpmg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.