Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,350 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

I Was Penciled Down For A Cleaners Job, But Got Lecturing Job Instead - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Was Penciled Down For A Cleaners Job, But Got Lecturing Job Instead (3853 Views)

I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) / After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... / How To Get The Dream Lecturing Job: What No One Told You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Penciled Down For A Cleaners Job, But Got Lecturing Job Instead by Adonis86(m): 12:09am On Nov 27, 2020
I once made a post here in September about a job challenge I was having in the university where I work. I wrote about how my department was using me to do donkey odd jobs, despite having a masters degree from the department and running a PhD.

My HOD was promising me a job which never materialized. As a result, I was worried and wrote on this forum then got some advice. Thanks for the godly advice that suggested I should pray over the quagmire.

So, after the prayer, I was led by the Spirit to write the vice chancellor of the university relating the problem to him. Despite the fact that, the university since last year ending has placed ban on submission of employment letter or application letter for employment. But as my case was of special interest to God, I wrote a simple plea and submitted, miraculously it was not rejected. In fact, the next working day, my phone rang as I picked it, it was from the vice chancellor's office. I was summoned, as soon as I reach. He demanded for my cv and credentials, which I handed in to him. Seven weeks after, I went to the personnel unit of the university, only to be offered an appointment letter as a lecturer based on my academic qualifications. This made it the second appointment letter for lecturing job that I'm receiving this year.

I therefore return all the glory to God

Back to my department where I've been used as errand boy, everyone there were surprised at the development, though some were not happy for me, while others were having premonition about my new position. Even the HOD was telling me to remain on his side since I already know most of his office secrets, that I shouldn't sell him out. He now gives me all the deserved and undeserved preferential treatments.

I'm so much elated at the way everything played out according to the will of God. He gave me a six digits salary job in a federal university, despite the fact that I made 2.2 in my First Degree. He did all these for me without using a middleman. Even gave me an earlier appointment as a lecturer too in a private university earlier in the year.

God bless everyone in this forum and those with godly advice that saw me through the moment of my trial. God bless you all and make your dreams come true within the remaining part of this year in Jesus name, Amen!

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Was Penciled Down For A Cleaners Job, But Got Lecturing Job Instead by risos(m): 12:16am On Nov 27, 2020
Back to my department where I've been used as errand boy, everyone there were surprised at the development, though some were not happy for me, while others were having premonition about my new position. Even the HOD was telling me to remain on her side since I already know most of her office secrets, that I shouldn't sell her out. She now gives me all the deserved and undeserved preferential treatments.

See how Devil wan use ur brain, oya tell us the secret part, common HOD done buy ur PHD brain take through the help of the spirit. grin

You wey VC want elevate.

Na joke o, this is a fake news too believe at your own risk.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Penciled Down For A Cleaners Job, But Got Lecturing Job Instead by fiercehillz(m): 1:53am On Nov 27, 2020
Adonis86:

God bless everyone in this forum and those with godly advice that saw me through the moment of my trial. God bless you all and make your dreams come true within the remaining part of this year in Jesus name, Amen!

Amen

1 Like

Re: I Was Penciled Down For A Cleaners Job, But Got Lecturing Job Instead by Angelacruz: 4:47am On Nov 27, 2020
Congrats bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Penciled Down For A Cleaners Job, But Got Lecturing Job Instead by cassidy1996(m): 4:54am On Nov 27, 2020
fiercehillz:

Amen
Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: I Was Penciled Down For A Cleaners Job, But Got Lecturing Job Instead by Karleb(m): 5:07am On Nov 27, 2020
Christians sha. I still don't know why you had to wait for "the leading of the holy spirit" to write to the VC.

If "holy spirit" no lead you, na him be say you no go write and Mama go still dey use your head.

Anyway, congratulations.

Please be a good lecturer, don't be wicked to your students.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Penciled Down For A Cleaners Job, But Got Lecturing Job Instead by duduade: 5:43am On Nov 27, 2020
risos:
Back to my department where I've been used as errand boy, everyone there were surprised at the development, though some were not happy for me, while others were having premonition about my new position. Even the HOD was telling me to remain on her side since I already know most of her office secrets, that I shouldn't sell her out. She now gives me all the deserved and undeserved preferential treatments.

See how Devil wan use ur brain, oya tell us the secret part, common HOD done buy ur PHD brain take through the help of the spirit. grin

You wey VC want elevate.

Na joke o, this is a fake news too believe at your own risk.

It could be possible

Just that I will want to believe he wrote that Letter to the VC direct and went to submit in his office without copying *cc* anybody or going through the HOD.

1 Like

Re: I Was Penciled Down For A Cleaners Job, But Got Lecturing Job Instead by bammo: 5:49am On Nov 27, 2020
D

1 Like

Re: I Was Penciled Down For A Cleaners Job, But Got Lecturing Job Instead by Viccur(m): 7:06am On Nov 27, 2020

1 Like

Re: I Was Penciled Down For A Cleaners Job, But Got Lecturing Job Instead by heykims(m): 7:08am On Nov 27, 2020
Karleb:
Christians sha. I still don't know why you had to wait for "the leading of the holy spirit" to write to the VC.

If "holy spirit" not led you, na him be say you no go write and Mama go still dey use your head.

Anyway, congratulations.

I tire for the his consistent mentioning of holy spirit o. Are non-Christians not getting jobs too?

8 Likes

Re: I Was Penciled Down For A Cleaners Job, But Got Lecturing Job Instead by MetroBaba1(m): 7:26am On Nov 27, 2020
Congratulations Sir

2 Likes

Re: I Was Penciled Down For A Cleaners Job, But Got Lecturing Job Instead by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 27, 2020
Congratulations, May everyone believing for a goodnews, receive theirs.

10 Likes

Re: I Was Penciled Down For A Cleaners Job, But Got Lecturing Job Instead by Chiebunigom1(f): 8:01am On Nov 27, 2020
heykims:

I tire for the his consistent mentioning of holy spirit o. Are non-Christians not getting jobs too?
j

I wonder why you're so concerned about his mentioning of the Holy Spirit.
Allow him to give credence and glory to his source of support. You have entitlement to your own belief.

@Op, I am elated by this news.. congratulations and all glory and adoration belongs to you Almighty God.

18 Likes

Re: I Was Penciled Down For A Cleaners Job, But Got Lecturing Job Instead by ikennamadu1(m): 8:06am On Nov 27, 2020
heykims:

blind bat... continue to doubt the works of the holy spirit...

6 Likes

Re: I Was Penciled Down For A Cleaners Job, But Got Lecturing Job Instead by ikennamadu1(m): 8:06am On Nov 27, 2020
Karleb:

If "holy spirit" not led you, na him be say you no go write and Mama go still dey use your head.

Anyway, congratulations.

if e pain you go hug lion

3 Likes

Re: I Was Penciled Down For A Cleaners Job, But Got Lecturing Job Instead by AgentGoat: 8:09am On Nov 27, 2020
Karleb:

Anyway, congratulations.

grin

1 Like

Re: I Was Penciled Down For A Cleaners Job, But Got Lecturing Job Instead by Abilistic(m): 8:21am On Nov 27, 2020
Congratulations..........

Our achievements of today are but the sum total of our thoughts of yesterday. You are today where the thoughts of yesterday have brought you and you will be tomorrow where the thoughts of today take you.

1 Like

Re: I Was Penciled Down For A Cleaners Job, But Got Lecturing Job Instead by Ekemeze: 8:29am On Nov 27, 2020

5 Likes

Re: I Was Penciled Down For A Cleaners Job, But Got Lecturing Job Instead by BlessingAmaka: 9:04am On Nov 27, 2020
Congratulations poster, I read your first story and I’m elated reading this latest development. May God’s name be praised forever. To everyone that advised and encouraged you earlier, thank you all.

5 Likes

Re: I Was Penciled Down For A Cleaners Job, But Got Lecturing Job Instead by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 9:05am On Nov 27, 2020
Congrats

1 Like

Re: I Was Penciled Down For A Cleaners Job, But Got Lecturing Job Instead by jesmond3945: 9:08am On Nov 27, 2020
Adonis86:
I once made a post here in September about a job challenge I was having in the university where I work. I wrote about how my department was using me to do donkey odd jobs, despite having a masters degree from the department and running a PhD.

My HOD was promising me a job, but that came to futility because of selfish interest and putting her unqualified family members first. As a result, I was worried and wrote on this forum then got some advice. Thanks for the godly advice that suggested I should pray over the quagmire.

So, after the prayer, I was led by the Spirit to write the vice chancellor of the university relating the problem to him. Despite the fact that, the university since last year ending has placed ban on submission of employment letter or application letter for employment. But as my case was of special interest to God, I wrote a simple plea and submitted, miraculously it was not rejected. In fact, the next working day, my phone rang as I picked it, it was from the vice chancellor's office. I was summoned, as soon as I reach. He demanded for my cv and credentials, which I handed in to him. Seven weeks after, I went to the personnel unit of the university, only to be offered an appointment letter as a lecturer based on my academic qualifications. This made it the second appointment letter for lecturing job that I'm receiving this year.

I'm so much elated at the way everything played out according to the will of God. He gave me a six digits salary job in a federal university, despite the fact that I made 2.2 in my First Degree, he put me ahead of my coursemate that made First Class who is retained as a graduate assistant but yet to complete her masters. He did all these for me without using a middleman. Even gave me an earlier appointment as a lecturer too in a private university earlier in the year.

congratulations to you but don't say he put you above your coursemate with first class. That's pride and God is not part of it.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Penciled Down For A Cleaners Job, But Got Lecturing Job Instead by favor914: 9:13am On Nov 27, 2020
Adonis86:

My HOD was promising me a job, but that came to futility because of selfish interest and putting her unqualified family members first. As a result, I was worried and wrote on this forum then got some advice. Thanks for the godly advice that suggested I should pray over the quagmire.

I'm so much elated at the way everything played out according to the will of God. He gave me a six digits salary job in a federal university, despite the fact that I made 2.2 in my First Degree, he put me ahead of my coursemate that made First Class who is retained as a graduate assistant but yet to complete her masters. He did all these for me without using a middleman. Even gave me an earlier appointment as a lecturer too in a private university earlier in the year.

Good for you, if it was some miscreants they would have blamed President Buhari as if he was the HOD, or Vice Chancellor?

1 Like

Re: I Was Penciled Down For A Cleaners Job, But Got Lecturing Job Instead by stalwart123(m): 9:37am On Nov 27, 2020
cheesy

Congratulations, God still answers prayers. He'll answer me too today.

So what are some of your HOD's secrets?

3 Likes

Re: I Was Penciled Down For A Cleaners Job, But Got Lecturing Job Instead by rooftops: 10:20am On Nov 27, 2020
How wonderful your story sounds but you marred it with that God placing you above your first class colleague..did you really need to say that or you think you have made it or the first class graduate can't get professorship before you?

3 Likes

Re: I Was Penciled Down For A Cleaners Job, But Got Lecturing Job Instead by austine4real(m): 11:06am On Nov 27, 2020
How did u do it

1 Like

Re: I Was Penciled Down For A Cleaners Job, But Got Lecturing Job Instead by Uyi168: 11:25am On Nov 27, 2020
U forgot to tell us about the underground works u did to secure the job.
Not fair from your part..
embarassed

2 Likes

Re: I Was Penciled Down For A Cleaners Job, But Got Lecturing Job Instead by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 27, 2020
Thank God for giving you a befitting job, but, it's funny how almost everyone uses first class graduates as yardsticks to measure success. So, you getting a job before that first class babe means she'll never measure up or surpass you in life? Nawao.. people's mindset sha. If I were you, I'll just thank God and move on, Nigerians always rejoicing over other's misfortune. Too bad!

3 Likes

Re: I Was Penciled Down For A Cleaners Job, But Got Lecturing Job Instead by Nobody: 11:38am On Nov 27, 2020
stalwart123:
cheesy

Congratulations, God still answers prayers. He'll answer me too today.

So what are some of your HOD's secrets?
Her secrets are the sham employments she's been doing, recruiting people from her village into positions they don't qualify for grin grin

3 Likes

Re: I Was Penciled Down For A Cleaners Job, But Got Lecturing Job Instead by Positivelyblue(f): 11:58am On Nov 27, 2020
smileyCongratulations, and learn not to compare yourself with people (your first class colleagues) it won't do you anything good. May God answer my prayers too.

1 Like

Re: I Was Penciled Down For A Cleaners Job, But Got Lecturing Job Instead by boscho(m): 12:00pm On Nov 27, 2020

I'm so much elated at the way everything played out according to the will of God. He gave me a six digits salary job in a federal university, despite the fact that I made 2.2 in my First Degree.

I thank God for you bro. More blessings.
I have a question :
What kind of position or job in a Federal University will make a starter in the lecturing position earn a 6 digit salary ?
I'm interested in gaining knowledge about this sir

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

An International School In Abuja Recruiting Teachers / DPR Experienced Hire Recruitment PROFILE TAMPERING / Training Leverage For Job Seeker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.