Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

Chelsea:who Says We Are Not Part Of History: Then Read This - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea:who Says We Are Not Part Of History: Then Read This (2492 Views)

Who Says BET Is Bad!!!!?? / Yar' Adua Says We Will Host Under-17 World Cup / Arsenal (adebayor Says We Are Tougher) How True Is That? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea:who Says We Are Not Part Of History: Then Read This by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 07, 2007
Mon, 7th May 2007

Neil Barnett has been writing, editing and broadcasting for Chelsea for over 20 years.

1. If anyone had said in the early summer of 2003, you're going to come second, champions, champions and second in the next four years, Chelsea supporters would have laughed at a dreamer.

2. If anyone thinks that winning the Carling Cup and maybe the FA Cup - certainly, getting to the Final - coming second in the League and reaching the semi-final of the Champions League isn't an outstanding season, then they've been misled by the last four years.

3. If anyone thinks Frank Lampard hasn't had a brilliant season, they're out of their minds. He has played in 60 games, more than any other Chelsea player in history, scored 21 goals and accumulated 20 assists. The Arsenal fans booing him yesterday seemed to have grown out of the frustration of two years without any trophy and 10 games against Chelsea without a win.

4. Arsenal with 11 men for 90 minutes against Chelsea with 11 men for 42 minutes and 10 for the rest of the time, had less shots on target than us (2-3), less shots off target than us (4-5), less corners than us (3-7) and, because they didn't get behind our defence, less offsides than us (3-cool.

5. Shaun Wright-Phillips with his cross for the equaliser yesterday has now had this run of games:
Man City (a), sub 77 mins, hit crossbar.
Sheff Utd (h), all game, 2 assists.
Tottenham (a), first 86 mins, fed Shevchenko for opener, scored 2nd.
Watford (a), all game.
Valencia (h), sub 74 mins.
Tottenham (h), first 70 mins.
Valencia (a), unused.
Blackburn (FAC sf) sub 96 mins, assist for the winner.
West Ham (a), all game, scored 2 goals.
Newcastle (a), first 54 mins.
Liverpool (h), sub 84 mins.
Bolton (h), all game.
Liverpool (a), sub 106 mins.
Arsenal (a), first 79 mins, 1 assist.
Maybe he is a little unlucky not to have played even more recently.

6. We will play 64 games this season. That is a Chelsea record. Our most games in a season previously have been: 61, 1999/00; 60, 1965/66; 59, 2004/05 and 1970/71.

7. We have never had a manager like José Mourinho, no-one who galvanises his supporters like he does. Yesterday's 'chin up' instruction was impossible not to follow and was unique amongst our managers.

8. Yesterday showed what good pass-and-move football we can play. In truth, we didn't create numerous openings, even with 11 men, but without Didier Drogba we were still able to fight and dominate and pass-pass-pass. In contrast, Arsenal's goal was from a big lump down the middle.

9. Michael Essien this season from his positions in emergency defence has assisted the equaliser at Barcelona, won the corner for the equaliser at Man Utd, scored the equaliser home and away against Arsenal, scored the winner at Valencia, and on several occasions played in a back three while driving the team forward to a result (Everton away, Wigan away, Tottenham home etc). He is the epitome of a top modern footballer.

10. Before 2003 we had come in the top two once.

For those who say we have no history, that's rubbish. We have a history of entertaining, of glamour, of big crowds, of fun.

And, of course, we are making history.

Three games to go. There is more history to be made this season.
Re: Chelsea:who Says We Are Not Part Of History: Then Read This by jgirl3: 4:48pm On May 07, 2007
These people have started again. We need regulation of Chelsea thread openers.

Good history lesson though. Congratulations.
Re: Chelsea:who Says We Are Not Part Of History: Then Read This by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 07, 2007
YEAH,
THANKS J-GIRL AT LEAST FOR THE CONGRATULATORY MESSAGE
Re: Chelsea:who Says We Are Not Part Of History: Then Read This by loyika(m): 5:10pm On May 07, 2007
History lessons from Neil Barnett who works for whom CHELSEA TV tongue

JESUS!! You might as well have asked Mandy Henry or Steve Bower of MUTV to give you a history on Man United

Even taking your article, what you are saying is Pre 2003, Chelsea were Shyte!!

HISTORY

Of entertaining; SPURS Now Arsenal
Of Glamour; SPURS Now Chelsea
Of Big crowds; CHELSEA Now Arsenal
Of fun; CHELSEA (Fun cause you guys were the nearly men of football, pre 2004) Now its between Chelsea and Arsenal to be honest, but we hope to put that right soonest and leave you all in your rightful place of Fun filled Chelsea grin

cool GOONER 89
Re: Chelsea:who Says We Are Not Part Of History: Then Read This by justkunmi(m): 5:19pm On May 07, 2007
i nevr knew it would come to this. ,  . . chelsea fans trying to prove what they are not. .
if u really gat history, u wont need some clown to shout it, IT WOULD SPEAK FOR ITSELF!!!

. . . .and why are u guys trying to have a piece of the history anyway?
Re: Chelsea:who Says We Are Not Part Of History: Then Read This by Mustay(m): 8:36pm On May 07, 2007
Scumies and gumies ruining a fine post. If you feel d thread is rubbish, can't you just ignore it and let those who are interested in it comment? Dumb!
Re: Chelsea:who Says We Are Not Part Of History: Then Read This by toshmann(m): 12:46am On May 08, 2007
enitan2002:

9. Michael Essien this season from his positions in emergency defence has assisted the equaliser at Barcelona, won the corner for the equaliser at Man Utd, scored the equaliser home and away against Arsenal, scored the winner at Valencia, and on several occasions played in a back three while driving the team forward to a result (Everton away, Wigan away, Tottenham home etc). He is the epitome of a top modern footballer.

. . .and scored a couple of own goals as well as an epitome of how not to be a defender which he shouldnt be
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea:who Says We Are Not Part Of History: Then Read This by lafile(m): 2:57pm On May 08, 2007
Chelsea? History? Where's the correlation. Its like putting 'Lagos' and 'Cleanest City' in the same sentence.
For your information a Russian Billionaire and 4 seasons does not equate to History. No wonder most chelsea fans in london are under 12 kids.
Re: Chelsea:who Says We Are Not Part Of History: Then Read This by chuckdee4(m): 3:07pm On May 08, 2007
I agree for 2 years Arsenal haven't been able to beat Chelsea, i guess thats what ur lil club calls history. What will u call Chelsea's inability to beat Arsenal for 10 years, it took u guys a Russian Billionaire to beat us in 10 years, get a life. We went a season unbeaten, now thats history, Frank Lampard did this n that,please there have been and are much better players with much better and interesting stats than that.

Chelsea fans should learn to respect other fans n stop throwing their cash in people faces, even Tottenham have been more successful without any form of cash
Re: Chelsea:who Says We Are Not Part Of History: Then Read This by chuckdee4(m): 3:09pm On May 08, 2007
I agree for 2 years Arsenal haven't been able to beat Chelsea, i guess thats what ur lil club calls history. What will u call Chelsea's inability to beat Arsenal for 10 years, it took u guys a Russian Billionaire to beat us in 10 years, get a life. We went a season unbeaten, now thats history, Frank Lampard did this n that,please there have been and are much better players with much better and interesting stats than that.

Chelsea fans should learn to respect other fans n stop throwing their cash in people faces, even Tottenham have been more successful without any form of cash
Re: Chelsea:who Says We Are Not Part Of History: Then Read This by viee(f): 4:57pm On May 08, 2007
what has all that got to do with history
Re: Chelsea:who Says We Are Not Part Of History: Then Read This by wormedup(m): 4:58pm On May 08, 2007
chuckdee4,

what 10 years are you talking about
please give us a time period.
Re: Chelsea:who Says We Are Not Part Of History: Then Read This by viee(f): 5:01pm On May 08, 2007
last time i checked, history has to do facts and dates
the guy is just trying hard to form history

may be if he had told us more about how hard Chelsea have been fighting in the past.blah blah  we cld be talking history

why talk about a season that is yet to end as history
Re: Chelsea:who Says We Are Not Part Of History: Then Read This by Razorr(f): 5:08pm On May 08, 2007
viee, let me educate you a little! grin

History means anything in the past, including things of one minute ago! grin grin

Everything that the guy outlined is in the past, so it's history! grin

Every club has history, including chelsea! grin grin
Re: Chelsea:who Says We Are Not Part Of History: Then Read This by viee(f): 5:11pm On May 08, 2007
thanx for that
so the guys idea of chealsea history is that?
he should be fired! grin
Re: Chelsea:who Says We Are Not Part Of History: Then Read This by Razorr(f): 5:13pm On May 08, 2007
Sharraaaaaaaaap Viee. grin grin

I am only being academic!

In the true sense of the word 'history', Chelsea has history! You can't fault that! grin grin
Re: Chelsea:who Says We Are Not Part Of History: Then Read This by viee(f): 5:14pm On May 08, 2007
oh ok grin
sorry Prof grin
Re: Chelsea:who Says We Are Not Part Of History: Then Read This by Vieira(m): 5:18pm On May 08, 2007
wormedup:

chuckdee4,

what 10 years are you talking about
please give us a time period.

Make I am help am:

Take the 10 years from 2004 to 1994

actually take the 100 years from 2004 to 1904

now tell me if Chelsea has achieved anything near what Arsenal has done.

Answer me with facts and I will accept defeat.
Re: Chelsea:who Says We Are Not Part Of History: Then Read This by viee(f): 5:35pm On May 08, 2007
some history jo!
Neil or whatever he calls himself really should be fired!
Re: Chelsea:who Says We Are Not Part Of History: Then Read This by Mustay(m): 7:35pm On May 08, 2007
Viee- why write like a kido?
Re: Chelsea:who Says We Are Not Part Of History: Then Read This by viee(f): 8:07am On May 09, 2007
may be im a kido undecided

got anything else to say?
no
then get back to the topic
thank you
grin
Re: Chelsea:who Says We Are Not Part Of History: Then Read This by wormedup(m): 10:04am On May 09, 2007
@vieira,

European Cup Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea 06-04-2004

English League Cup Arsenal 0-5 Chelsea 11-11-1998

English League Cup Chelsea 3-1 Arsenal 18-02-1998

English Premier Chelsea 1-0 Arsenal 30-09-1995

English Premier Chelsea 2-1 Arsenal 14-05-1995

i guess those weren't arsenal teams playing then huh ?

and something else vieira, keep going backwards tongue grin
Re: Chelsea:who Says We Are Not Part Of History: Then Read This by viee(f): 10:09am On May 09, 2007
this is more like it
Re: Chelsea:who Says We Are Not Part Of History: Then Read This by viee(f): 10:12am On May 09, 2007
just out of curiosity, what happened in the other years?
say 1996, 1997, 2001, etc??

the two teams didnt meet? grin
Re: Chelsea:who Says We Are Not Part Of History: Then Read This by wormedup(m): 10:19am On May 09, 2007
viee,

the two teams met quite alright and arsenal beat chelsea silly .
i'm just interested in the 10 years !
Re: Chelsea:who Says We Are Not Part Of History: Then Read This by Nobody: 10:32am On May 09, 2007
In my candid opinion, winning does not really matter, especially when you end up without a trophy.
Re: Chelsea:who Says We Are Not Part Of History: Then Read This by toshmann(m): 11:11am On May 09, 2007
viee:

just out of curiosity, what happened in the other years?
say 1996, 1997, 2001, etc??

the two teams didnt meet? grin

hahahahahaha. . . . . . grin grin grin grin una no go kill me for this nairaland. but u arsenal fans i dey vex for una, why una no let chelsea win last sunday? now see those yeye manure bomboclaats are now prem champs angry stupendous ignoramuses angry
Re: Chelsea:who Says We Are Not Part Of History: Then Read This by Razorr(f): 11:14am On May 09, 2007
toshmann:

now see those yeye manure bomboclaats are now prem champs angry stupendous ignoramuses angry

My thoughts exactly!  angry

I hope Terry puts his leg between one of their legs so they can trip and fall down while walking through the guard of honour!  grin   grin
That would be so sweet! grin grin

Anyway, we are just borrowing them the prem. We would get it back!  grin   grin
Re: Chelsea:who Says We Are Not Part Of History: Then Read This by toshmann(m): 11:29am On May 09, 2007
Razorr:

My thoughts exactly! angry

I hope Terry puts his leg between one of their legs so they can trip and fall down while walking through the guard of honour! grin grin
That would be so sweet! grin grin

Anyway, we are just borrowing them the prem. We would get it back! grin grin
i can pay him to do that angry the foxy scummites angry
i hate those guys angry
i wish chelsea won the league again.
if not liverpool, then any other team BUT NOT MANURE angry
Re: Chelsea:who Says We Are Not Part Of History: Then Read This by viee(f): 11:29am On May 09, 2007
ha! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
BREAKING NEWS!!!

razorr is a terrorist!
Ronlado beware!
Re: Chelsea:who Says We Are Not Part Of History: Then Read This by toshmann(m): 11:31am On May 09, 2007
is there any rule about guard of honor? must chelsea mount honour guard? nonsense angry
Re: Chelsea:who Says We Are Not Part Of History: Then Read This by Razorr(f): 11:33am On May 09, 2007
Toshmann, it is not compulsory, but it is the noble thing to do, since they did the same to us in 2005.

We are gentlemen in Chelsea! grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sure 2+ Odds / How To Use Recentform To Predict Football Match. / Where Can I Buy A Step Counter(pedometer)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.