Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,912 members, 7,835,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Which Computer Programme Is Easiest To Learn For A Beginner - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Computer Programme Is Easiest To Learn For A Beginner (1700 Views)

Application For The Free 3MTT Programme Is Ongoing!! / Stutern Data Science Programme - Is It Worth It? / What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Computer Programme Is Easiest To Learn For A Beginner by kellord(m): 9:55pm On Jun 11, 2019
I have a B.sc in Geology, but the world is changing, jobs ain't coming. So I want to change with the tide. I want to learn a programming language to develop myself. I learnt this would endear me to more employment prospects. Please I need your sincere answers, as I'm very confused. Which programming language would be easiest for me to learn? I have no previous background in computer science other than the aspect everybody knows. Thanks in advance!!
Re: Which Computer Programme Is Easiest To Learn For A Beginner by jidez007: 10:17pm On Jun 11, 2019
There are a lot of various programming languages depending on what you want to do. So what I always advice beginners is to pick a path first.
For example are you interested designing websites or developing mobile apps or games or PC software?

Just pick any path you feel you want to try out. There is really no wrong choice here, as they most likely converge at some point with enough experience.
Re: Which Computer Programme Is Easiest To Learn For A Beginner by jidez007: 10:20pm On Jun 11, 2019
@kellord once you pick a path, we can then advice you on what language to start with. Bare in mind web development seems to be easiest as there is little computer/laptop specification required to start.
Re: Which Computer Programme Is Easiest To Learn For A Beginner by kellord(m): 10:26pm On Jun 11, 2019
jidez007:
There are a lot of various programming languages depending on what you want to do. So what I always advice beginners is to pick a path first.
For example are you interested designing websites or developing mobile apps or games or PC software?

Just pick any path you feel you want to try out. There is really no wrong choice here, as they most likely converge at some point with enough experience.
I'm more interested in developing mobile apps
Re: Which Computer Programme Is Easiest To Learn For A Beginner by kellord(m): 10:29pm On Jun 11, 2019
jidez007:
@kellord once you pick a path, we can then advice you on what language to start with. Bare in mind web development seems to be easiest as there is little computer/laptop specification required to start.
which in your opinion has a higher demand?
Re: Which Computer Programme Is Easiest To Learn For A Beginner by jidez007: 10:31pm On Jun 11, 2019
kellord:
I'm more interested in developing mobile apps

Ok good. I'll recommend Dart language and https://Flutter.dev for mobile apps development

2 Likes

Re: Which Computer Programme Is Easiest To Learn For A Beginner by jidez007: 10:34pm On Jun 11, 2019
kellord:
Web design has a higher demand but mobile apps will earn you more per project and in terms of employment.
Re: Which Computer Programme Is Easiest To Learn For A Beginner by kellord(m): 11:19pm On Jun 11, 2019
jidez007:

Ok good. I'll recommend Dart language and https://Flutter.dev for mobile apps development
wow, never heard of that before. I'll try it, but you must know I have no background whatsoever.
Re: Which Computer Programme Is Easiest To Learn For A Beginner by stanliwise(m): 1:00am On Jun 12, 2019
kellord:
I dey laugh you. Now to you, which of them would you do if you're not going to be paid a penny? let's start from here.

1 Like

Re: Which Computer Programme Is Easiest To Learn For A Beginner by asalimpo(m): 8:18pm On Jun 12, 2019
Can you learn for 3 000+ hrs without income? Can u even bear to sit down for that long?

Money follows Mastery. It takes time to gain the skills.

#not an exact estimate. It could b longer or shorter.

4 Likes

Re: Which Computer Programme Is Easiest To Learn For A Beginner by Abcruz(m): 8:28pm On Jun 12, 2019
asalimpo:
Can you learn for 3 000+ hrs without income? Can u even bare to sit down for that long?

You're not far from the truth.

1 Like

Re: Which Computer Programme Is Easiest To Learn For A Beginner by kellord(m): 6:17pm On Jun 24, 2019
asalimpo:
Can you learn for 3 000+ hrs without income? Can u even bear to sit down for that long?

I can
Re: Which Computer Programme Is Easiest To Learn For A Beginner by kellord(m): 6:20pm On Jun 24, 2019
stanliwise:
I dey laugh you. Now to you, which of them would you do if you're not going to be paid a penny? let's start from here.
python
Re: Which Computer Programme Is Easiest To Learn For A Beginner by prosper21(m): 7:03pm On Jun 24, 2019
I'm interested in programming too. pls what kinda system � would you recommend for me (Although I had Dell corei5 in mind)
Re: Which Computer Programme Is Easiest To Learn For A Beginner by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 24, 2019
See this

Re: Which Computer Programme Is Easiest To Learn For A Beginner by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 24, 2019
Tella360:
See this
Research about Computer science because there are exciting parts that is very Lucrative like AI, Ml, Data Scientist etc. Just try and Google it. REMEMBER COMPUTER SCIENCE IS DIFFERENT FROM PROGRAMMING
Re: Which Computer Programme Is Easiest To Learn For A Beginner by stanliwise(m): 7:48pm On Jun 24, 2019
kellord:
python
Now you're talking. From passion to money. Build yourself to an extent that you eat and drink python. Solve many problems with it. 3hrs a day is enough. later you'll realise you're work ready.

1 Like

Re: Which Computer Programme Is Easiest To Learn For A Beginner by asalimpo(m): 10:34am On Jun 25, 2019
kellord:
I can
if you can,then u dont need teaching guidance or advice. That amount of time is enough for you to learn by trial and error until you are upto intermediate level.

(1) (Reply)

C++ Mystified: A Self Teaching Guide By Jeff Kent / We Love Colors - Android App. / Is It Advisable To Start Learning Programing With C++

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.