Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,053 members, 7,835,558 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Jubilation In Court As Gay Sex Is Decriminalized In Bostwana (photo/video) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Jubilation In Court As Gay Sex Is Decriminalized In Bostwana (photo/video) (1445 Views)

Brunei Gay Law: Gay Sex And Adultery Punishable With Death Penalty / Gay Sex Legalised In India By Supreme Court / Robert Mugabe's Resignation Sparks Wild Jubilation In Zimbabwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jubilation In Court As Gay Sex Is Decriminalized In Bostwana (photo/video) by tiwaz(m): 10:40pm On Jun 11, 2019
Botswana  high court on Tuesday effectively legalized gay sex making it the southern African country the first on the continent to erase that colonial legacy through its courts.

Reading the unanimous ruling of a panel of judges in front of a packed courtroom, Justice Michael Leburu said that sexual orientation “is not a fashion statement” and that the laws as they stood violated citizens’ rights to privacy and freedom from discrimination. Although seldom enforced in Botswana, the laws carried the possibility of up to a seven-year jail sentence.

“It is not the business of the law to regulate the private behavior of two consenting adults,” Leburu said.

The case against the laws was brought by an anonymous gay man, identified only by the initials L.M.

Checkout Scenes of joy in court as decriminalization Of homosexuality made official in Botswana

Source: https://www.ngyab.com/2019/06/jubilation-in-courts-as-gay-marriage-legalized-in-bostwana-photo-video/

CC: Ishilove, Lalasticlala

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOIEc2MX6bQ

Re: Jubilation In Court As Gay Sex Is Decriminalized In Bostwana (photo/video) by auntysimbiat(f): 10:42pm On Jun 11, 2019
Too bad
Re: Jubilation In Court As Gay Sex Is Decriminalized In Bostwana (photo/video) by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 11, 2019
White Man go rush in
At least virgin go plenty
Re: Jubilation In Court As Gay Sex Is Decriminalized In Bostwana (photo/video) by Alexandro15: 10:49pm On Jun 11, 2019
Western influence and political motives...

A sin remains a sin no matter the dish in which it is served.
Re: Jubilation In Court As Gay Sex Is Decriminalized In Bostwana (photo/video) by Rapmoney(m): 10:55pm On Jun 11, 2019
That's their problem. I wonder how people see life to decide that their life would be spent with members of same sex
Re: Jubilation In Court As Gay Sex Is Decriminalized In Bostwana (photo/video) by Kingosytex(m): 10:56pm On Jun 11, 2019
na their next level package be that...
Re: Jubilation In Court As Gay Sex Is Decriminalized In Bostwana (photo/video) by Kingosytex(m): 10:57pm On Jun 11, 2019
sankout:
White Man go rush in At least virgin go plenty

too much sense wee not kee u...

2 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Court As Gay Sex Is Decriminalized In Bostwana (photo/video) by BuhariAdvocate: 10:59pm On Jun 11, 2019
Kudos to the judges.

1 Like

Re: Jubilation In Court As Gay Sex Is Decriminalized In Bostwana (photo/video) by decatalyst(m): 11:04pm On Jun 11, 2019
sankout:
White Man go rush in
At least virgin go plenty

Sense wee not kee you grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jubilation In Court As Gay Sex Is Decriminalized In Bostwana (photo/video) by AgentOfAllah: 11:27pm On Jun 11, 2019
It's gay sex, not gay marriage, and it was decriminalised, not legalised. There's an important distinction between both. Decriminalisation means exclusion from legal regulations, whereas legalisation entails regulation. For example, killing is legalised but not decriminalised. This means there are circumstances where killing is legal and there are circumstances where it is criminal. Gay sex on the other hand, is not in and of itself illegal in Botswana, under any circumstances.
Well done Botswana, I hope Nigeria follows suit someday.

1 Like

Re: Jubilation In Court As Gay Sex Is Decriminalized In Bostwana (photo/video) by Max8: 12:03am On Jun 12, 2019
Mad people with mad government, oyinbo race don come scatter their brains,they have forgotten they are Africans,if everyone is a guy in their country will they have the population they have today? Foolish people
Re: Jubilation In Court As Gay Sex Is Decriminalized In Bostwana (photo/video) by Shukusheka(m): 12:05am On Jun 12, 2019
AgentOfAllah:
It's gay sex, not gay marriage, and it was decriminalised, not legalised. There's an important distinction between both. Decriminalisation means exclusion from legal regulations, whereas legalisation entails regulation. For example, killing is legalised but not decriminalised. This means there are circumstances where killing is legal and there are circumstances where it is criminal. Gay sex on the other hand, is not in and of itself illegal in Botswana, under any circumstances.
Who asked you for explanation eh oga Muhammadu?

Re: Jubilation In Court As Gay Sex Is Decriminalized In Bostwana (photo/video) by kmaster007: 12:07am On Jun 12, 2019
another Hellfire loading
Re: Jubilation In Court As Gay Sex Is Decriminalized In Bostwana (photo/video) by Lanretoye(m): 12:11am On Jun 12, 2019
when meat never finish,I no go ever chop ponmo.
Re: Jubilation In Court As Gay Sex Is Decriminalized In Bostwana (photo/video) by OruExpress: 2:36am On Jun 12, 2019
Google Botswana standard of living and Google Nigeria standard of living. It's only then that you will know that brains get levels
Re: Jubilation In Court As Gay Sex Is Decriminalized In Bostwana (photo/video) by AgentOfAllah: 7:25am On Jun 12, 2019
Shukusheka:
Who asked you for explanation eh oga Muhammadu?
No one asked me! However, factual information is important for making good decisions or formulating informed opinions. Given my utilitarian disposition, I need not be asked before I maximise the spread of factual information or minimize misinformation.
Re: Jubilation In Court As Gay Sex Is Decriminalized In Bostwana (photo/video) by tintingz(m): 8:50am On Jun 12, 2019
Max8:
Mad people with mad government, oyinbo race don come scatter their brains,they have forgotten they are Africans,if everyone is a guy in their country will they have the population they have today? Foolish people

Does being African prevent someone from being gay? Did you read where the court talked about "sexual orientation"? Did you understand what that means?
Re: Jubilation In Court As Gay Sex Is Decriminalized In Bostwana (photo/video) by Aaronsrod: 9:31am On Jun 12, 2019
AgentOfAllah:
Never!!

The white man will ever turn us into gay!!

If that day ever comes God will kill us!

Re: Jubilation In Court As Gay Sex Is Decriminalized In Bostwana (photo/video) by Aaronsrod: 9:35am On Jun 12, 2019
AgentOfAllah:

No one asked me! However, factual information is important for making good decisions or formulating informed opinions. Given my utilitarian disposition, I need not be asked before I maximise the spread of factual information or minimize misinformation.

Forget this your 'facts'!!

Read the Bible, my friend!
Re: Jubilation In Court As Gay Sex Is Decriminalized In Bostwana (photo/video) by Max8: 10:06am On Jun 12, 2019
tintingz:

Does being African prevent someone from being gay? Did you read where the court talked about"sexual orientation"? Did you understand what that means?
So being gay makes sense to u right, if it is that's no problem, if anyone in his or her right senses supports this good luck to them
Re: Jubilation In Court As Gay Sex Is Decriminalized In Bostwana (photo/video) by AgentOfAllah: 11:43am On Jun 12, 2019
Aaronsrod:

Forget this your 'facts'!!

Read the Bible, my friend!

I should forget my facts and read the Bible!? grin

Lol...that statement is more instructive than you imagine grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Court As Gay Sex Is Decriminalized In Bostwana (photo/video) by AgentOfAllah: 11:52am On Jun 12, 2019
Aaronsrod:

Never!!

The white man will ever turn us into gay!!

If that day ever comes God will kill us!

You see, the white man can't turn or unturn anyone gay. Only god can. After all, "thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven"! As it turns out, god loves gayness so much, which is why god keeps them gay people cuming (pun very intended). grin
So, unless you're claiming the white man is your god...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jubilation In Court As Gay Sex Is Decriminalized In Bostwana (photo/video) by tintingz(m): 1:07pm On Jun 12, 2019
Max8:

So being gay makes sense to u right, if it is that's no problem, if anyone in his or her right senses supports this good luck to them
Does nature has to make sense? There are over trillions of natural phenomena we don't even know yet and we don't even know the causes and why some natural phenomena happens in our natural world.

So as long as they(gays) are not hurting anyone, I don't know where or why you have problems with them.

This is how gays see themselves, there's nothing you can do about it, or can you do something about heterosexual? We don't even know what actually cause sexual orientation talkless of being gay.

The least you should do is embrace them(not necessary if you don't like them), counsel them, make them feel human(at least do this), treat them like one, then move on.

2 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Court As Gay Sex Is Decriminalized In Bostwana (photo/video) by tintingz(m): 1:09pm On Jun 12, 2019
AgentOfAllah:

You see, the white man can't turn or unturn anyone gay. Only god can. After all, "thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven"! As it turns out, god loves gayness so much, which is why god keeps them gay people cuming (pun very intended). grin
So, unless you're claiming the white man is your god...

grin grin

(1) (Reply)

MAJOR: Trump Turns Fire On Bill Gates’ WHO / Mali And Burkina Faso Troops Welcomed In Niger Capital Niamey / S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.