Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,979 members, 7,821,419 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Help With Internet Speed/downloading - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help With Internet Speed/downloading (676 Views)

How To Increase Your Internet Speed With TP Link Router / Nigeria Leads West Africa In Internet Speed / How To Run Internet Speed Test With Dos Command (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Internet Speed/downloading by Meddler(f): 2:24pm On Oct 02, 2010
Ok I've had my Starcomms Izap internet for about 2 months and I still can't watch or download videos. Watching a 3 minute clip from youtube takes about an hr. This is just plain ridiculous. I was told that this was the fastest connection here in naija but i can hardly do anything with it. Please anyone with solutions I'm all ears. Thanks
Re: Help With Internet Speed/downloading by hackney(m): 3:25pm On Oct 02, 2010
You can increase the internet speed on any connection a bit more.
(tech savvy guys will be conversant with this)

Go to start - run and then type gpedit and press enter.
Under the computer configuration tree on the left pane, expand administrative templates , expand network and click on QoS packet schedule.
on the right pane, double-click on limit reservation bandwidth.
Click the enable radio button and change the bandwidth limit to 0%

The trick is that the pc reserves internet bandwidth which you have freed up for internet use.
note that whether you enable it or not, it is reserved so you enable it and then change its value to 0%.
Re: Help With Internet Speed/downloading by krazynaija(m): 1:48am On Oct 03, 2010
@Hackney i have exact problem she is having, bought a laptop windows 7 and starcomms izap exactly 2months ago and the speed has been terrible, My windows 7 is Home version so i cant use gpedit.msc.

is there an alternative to tweak it? i have been searching online for so long and i think i might be forced to downgrade to windows vista or xp embarassed

@Meeddler have u tried d gpedit sturv?
Re: Help With Internet Speed/downloading by Meddler(f): 9:54am On Oct 03, 2010
Nope i haven't tried it out yet. will be doing that today but i don't understand how that's supposed to make a slow internet faster. I mean I've tried internet connection in two different countries with my laptop and they all worked perfectly. I never had to tweak anything. and yet this is supposed to be the fastest? WTF?
Re: Help With Internet Speed/downloading by Vitality31(m): 4:01pm On Oct 04, 2010
please, has any one tried this stuff?
Re: Help With Internet Speed/downloading by Glidia: 1:16pm On Apr 27, 2011
I checked my internet speed here http://www.scanmyspeed.com/ , it provides exact solution at free cost & very good in services ,

1 Like

Re: Help With Internet Speed/downloading by uthamaputi: 7:05pm On May 04, 2011
Glidia nice sharing.

(1) (Reply)

Become As Internet Service Provider Overnight / Free Computer / I.t Training For Nigerians / London Sim And U.s Numbers 2 In 1 Sim For Sale At Reduced Price #15,000 Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.