Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,368 members, 7,864,700 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:16 AM

The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria (6104 Views)

Atiku Urges Tribunal To Uphold Inec’s Declaration That He Won 21 States / Adamawa: The Declaration Of Binani As Winner By The REC Is Void - INEC / Atiku Abubakar: I Swear To Almighty God, I Will Restore Security In This Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by duncun: 4:56pm On Jun 13, 2019

1 Like

Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by duncun: 5:00pm On Jun 13, 2019

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by splendour7(m): 5:17pm On Jun 13, 2019
First Stop Claiming Igbo,because You Are No Igbo,,secondly After The Said Declearation And Proclaimation,will Buhari Withdraw His Killer Herdsmen From The East? Will The Fulanis And Co Stop Seeing You As Iyamiri Which Deserve To Be Killed? Please I Hate Hausas,the Yorubas And Nigeria At Large And There Is Absolutely Nothing Anybody Can Do About It...In Biafra I Stand,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by horsepower101: 5:27pm On Jun 13, 2019
pchukwudi:
You are ranting for yourself on Nairaland - NOT FOR NDIGBO IN NIGERIA.

YOU CANNOT IMPOSE UNITY.

YOU CANNOT HAVE UNITY WITHOUT PEACE.

AND YOU CANNOT HAVE PEACE WITHOUT JUSTICE.

IGBOS WERE HATED IN NIGERIA BEFORE NIGERIA'S INDEPENDENCE.

IN FACT, EVEN THE COLONIAL BRITAIN HAD A HARD TIME WITH THE IGBOS.

YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE IGBOS ARE FREE INDIVIDUALS.

OPPRESSORS AND THE OPPRESSED NATURALLY RESENT FREE INDIVIDUALS.

Yet, in spite of all of these negative vibes directed at Igbo's across the country, NDIGBO remain the MOST INTEGRATED ethnic group in Nigeria.

Show me one Yoruba or Hausa person who stutters the Igbo language, and I will show you 100 Igbo's who speak BOTH Hausa and Yoruba languages fluently.

In conclusion, if you think that you will be accepted by dissing NDIGBO on Nairaland or elsewhere, then you are terribly uninformed.

Igbophobia is one major factor that unites the rest of Nigeria. And you have been infected by it.

[s][/s]

God bless you.

I wish one Nigerianist igbos(lol) will read and understand what your just wrote.

2 Likes

Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by Decodedp: 5:37pm On Jun 13, 2019
pchukwudi:
Thank you, my brother.

I like the matured way you engaged and enlightened this Op. Same way you approached other threads.

You're truly representing the Igbos.

Just wish every other conversation on this platform and elsewhere will follow this pattern

Kudos bro.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by duncun: 5:49pm On Jun 13, 2019

2 Likes

Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by Earthquake3: 5:58pm On Jun 13, 2019
This one is already claiming to be Igbo

2 Likes

Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by oyatz(m): 6:10pm On Jun 13, 2019
Sir,

1) Who is bowing to someone other than the Almighty?

Who expect the Igbomen to be like them?

2) Do Igbo people expect other Nigerians to think, act, vote ,reason and be likem?

meccuno:
yes an Igbo man has his flaws . But one attributes of an Igbo man I cherish so much is the idea of bowing down to no one but the eternal being. People forget that his rugged attitude brought him this far and has kept him going after he fought the civil. His attitude is the engine room that can make the impossible possible. The inner will to succeed. Any right thinking group would want these doggedness to build a first class country. I have never believed in a heterogeneous country but a homogenous one with a sprinkle of other ethnic groups s. When people talk about how great we can be I do not question that fact. But the former Yugoslavia had the same potentials like Nigeria but still disintegrated. No matter the potentials,you cannot put people with a different out look on life in a place and expect them to be one . The Igbos need freedom to express their selves . Most ethnic groups feel threatened about the aggressive nature of an Igbo man . That is how he was created . And they should stop expecting the Igbo man to behave like them
Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by oyatz(m): 6:13pm On Jun 13, 2019
So you don't need to wait over the affairs of the Zoo.

kingzizzy:

As an Igbo man, the above declaration is one of the most foolish things I have ever read in my life and goes contrary to the egalitarian and confederal nature of Igbos.

It's almost like declaring eternal slavery to a country the white man created called Nigeria

It is the right of the Igbos to decide what country they want to be in or if they want a separate country of their own.

It is not to be declaring patriotism to a Nigeria that is the poverty capital of the world, ravaged by herdsmen and Boko haram, destroyed by corruption and nepotism, led by incompetent and visionless leaders.

No wonder Kanu called it a "zoo". Who would pledge allegiance to a zoo? Certainly not Igbos

Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by pchukwudi: 6:20pm On Jun 13, 2019
Amen, thank you my brother.

horsepower101:

God bless you.

I wish one Nigerianist igbos(lol) will read and understand what your just wrote.

1 Like

Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by pchukwudi: 6:21pm On Jun 13, 2019
Thank you my brother.

Decodedp:

I like the matured way you engaged and enlightened this Op. Same way you approached other threads.

You're truly representing the Igbos.

Just wish every other conversation on this platform and elsewhere will follow this pattern

Kudos bro.

4 Likes

Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by duncun: 6:40pm On Jun 13, 2019
?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by meccuno: 6:52pm On Jun 13, 2019
oyatz:
Sir,

1) Who is bowing to someone other than the Almighty?

Who expect the Igbomen to be like them?

2) Do Igbo people expect other Nigerians to think, act, vote ,reason and be likem?

An Igbo man will always be who he is. its not up for debate. if you did not understand where i was going to then sorry i cannot help you. i dont have time for unnecessary tribal squabbles. because we know how it would end. if you want to know how an Igbo man thinks mingle with them or go and live in the East. then all you have asked would be answered.

1 Like

Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by oyatz(m): 7:39pm On Jun 13, 2019
This post is not relevant to the questions I asked.

meccuno:

An Igbo man will always be who he is. its not up for debate. if you did not understand where i was going to then sorry i cannot help you. i dont have time for unnecessary tribal squabbles. because we know how it would end. if you want to know how an Igbo man thinks mingle with them or go and live in the East. then all you have asked would be answered.
Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by duncun: 7:44pm On Jun 13, 2019

1 Like

Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by oyatz(m): 8:16pm On Jun 13, 2019
Your post is not related to the questions I asked sir.

duncun:
Days of devide and rule are over, Let me remind you that SE/SS vote in the same pattern. I know you don't want to mention that in order to make it look like it's only the SE that rejected APC. grin

From all indications, PDP still remains a national party that carries all nigerians along. The actions of buhari and his goons will NEVER sustain APC on a long run.

Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by meccuno: 8:17pm On Jun 13, 2019
oyatz:
This post is not relevant to the questions I asked.

then let it die . because at the end insults and whose tribe is more this and that . What I wrote was very direct . sorry if I cannot help you
Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by netpro(m): 8:30pm On Jun 13, 2019
splendour7:
First Stop Claiming Igbo,because You Are No Igbo,,secondly After The Said Declearation And Proclaimation,will Buhari Withdraw His Killer Herdsmen From The East? Will The Fulanis And Co Stop Seeing You As Iyamiri Which Deserve To Be Killed? Please I Hate Hausas,the Yorubas And Nigeria At Large And There Is Absolutely Nothing Anybody Can Do About It...In Biafra I Stand,

First stop deluding yourself to be more of Igboman than I am.

Every Nigerian has the right to live and do business in any part of the country. While we are predominantly into trade, others are free to do their livestock business without being demeaned for it.
Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by duncun: 10:10pm On Jun 13, 2019
Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by oyatz(m): 10:38pm On Jun 13, 2019
The 'Other Nigerians' I meant are those Nigerians who are not Igbos

duncun:
Who are the 'other nigerians' in the context of your second question
Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by duncun: 10:49pm On Jun 13, 2019
Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by oyatz(m): 11:48pm On Jun 13, 2019
You didn't answer the question. May be you are mistaking it for another post because the questions has nothing to do with propaganda or whatever.

My questions are

1) Who are the people that bow before other beings apart from the Supreme being (as being insinuated by the first person I responded to)?

2) Do Igbos also think that other (Non-Igbo) Nigerians think like the Igbos.

Where is the propaganda in these questions that need bursting?

duncun:
How then did you say my response does not relate to your questions when I obviously gave you a point on your propaganda second question? Or did I burst your chilled Bobo? grin
Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by netpro(m): 11:55pm On Jun 13, 2019
Grandstanding, chest beating, looking down on others and mockery will not yield anything positive.
Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by duncun: 12:22am On Jun 14, 2019
Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by duncun: 12:28am On Jun 14, 2019

1 Like

Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by rummmy: 12:37am On Jun 14, 2019
netpro:
The South East and all of Ndigbo are a very important member of the Nigerian union. And is rightfully so.

But lately the hatred and unguarded emotions and voices of some has continued to alienate Ndigbo from the rest of nation. It now seems if you are an Igboman and you are not hating on Nigeria, you are the enemy.

Granted, our country Nigeria (like any other country out there) has many challenges and I strongly believe together we can find a common ground and solutions to them.

I believe the day Ndigbo through an organisation like Ohaneze, make a declaration like the one below in bold, Ndigbo can start the process of reclaiming its position in the scheme of things. It will also be the time other Nigerians will start giving an Igboman a benefit of the doubt.

That we, Ndigbo are 100% Nigerians. We have no other country except Nigeria. That we are not just surviving in Nigeria, but we are committed to join other Nigerians from all parts of the Federation to build the Nigeria of our collective aspiration. That we forgive those that have hurt and offended us in the past and ask never again. We are proudly Nigerians.

At the very least say this to ourselves and teach our people the same, the hate will die down, love, unity and development will grow. Nigeria will be greater than ever.
the Nigerian president should rather make declaration as follows:that we Nigerian people, together with all its tribes and territorial boundaries do apologize for the igbos for killing over 3million innocent civilians and women which is called the 1967 genocide.
That we have decided to implement the 3R policy initiated by the gowon junta.
That all the igbos houses and money seizzed by the so called government.
That igbos should be free to do business anywhere in Nigeria.
We apologize for militarization of south east.
We will create south east development commission to help in Infrastural development.

3 Likes

Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by ba7man(m): 3:32am On Jun 14, 2019
Igbos keep talking about how people hate them.

The real question is Do Igbos love people??

Do they love Yorubas, Hausa etc??

2 Likes

Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by Peacemaker5129(f): 4:56am On Jun 14, 2019
pchukwudi:
You are ranting for yourself on Nairaland - NOT FOR NDIGBO IN NIGERIA.

YOU CANNOT IMPOSE UNITY.

YOU CANNOT HAVE UNITY WITHOUT PEACE.

AND YOU CANNOT HAVE PEACE WITHOUT JUSTICE.

IGBOS WERE HATED IN NIGERIA BEFORE NIGERIA'S INDEPENDENCE.

IN FACT, EVEN THE COLONIAL BRITAIN HAD A HARD TIME WITH THE IGBOS.

YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE IGBOS ARE FREE INDIVIDUALS.

OPPRESSORS AND THE OPPRESSED NATURALLY RESENT FREE INDIVIDUALS.

Yet, in spite of all of these negative vibes directed at Igbo's across the country, NDIGBO remain the MOST INTEGRATED ethnic group in Nigeria.

Show me one Yoruba or Hausa person who stutters the Igbo language, and I will show you 100 Igbo's who speak BOTH Hausa and Yoruba languages fluently.

In conclusion, if you think that you will be accepted by dissing NDIGBO on Nairaland or elsewhere, then you are terribly uninformed.

Igbophobia is one major factor that unites the rest of Nigeria. And you have been infected by it.

[s][/s]
ask yourself why eboes are most hated in Nigeria with over 250 tribes?

2 Likes

Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by Modphase: 5:34am On Jun 14, 2019
Naturally nothing intelligent as ever been gotten from your dull brain on NL so more foolishness like this is to be expected.

pchukwudi:
I already did. Go and check it out. You are on the wrong side of Igbo history. Justifying nonsense makes you appear disgusting.

For example, the North East is being rebuilt as we speak, despite the fact that the war on terror over there is still raging. They even formed a North East commission for that purpose.

But the East which was internationally destroyed by the federal government during the civil war is still largely abandoned 50 years after. The so called 3 Rs initiative only did very little reconstruction projects for a while and was mostly used for mere propaganda.

And recently when the bill for south east reconstruction commission was presented it was shut down before it even had a chance to pass.

1 Like

Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by boldaslion: 6:50am On Jun 14, 2019
e author=netpro post=79287913]The South East and all of Ndigbo are a very important member of the Nigerian union. And is rightfully so.

But lately the hatred and unguarded emotions and voices of some has continued to alienate Ndigbo from the rest of nation. It now seems if you are an Igboman and you are not hating on Nigeria, you are the enemy.

Granted, our country Nigeria (like any other country out there) has many challenges and I strongly believe together we can find a common ground and solutions to them.

I believe the day Ndigbo through an organisation like Ohaneze, make a declaration like the one below in bold, Ndigbo can start the process of reclaiming its position in the scheme of things. It will also be the time other Nigerians will start giving an Igboman a benefit of the doubt.

That we, Ndigbo are 100% Nigerians. We have no other country except Nigeria. That we are not just surviving in Nigeria, but we are committed to join other Nigerians from all parts of the Federation to build the Nigeria of our collective aspiration. That we forgive those that have hurt and offended us in the past and ask never again. We are proudly Nigerians.

At the very least say this to ourselves and teach our people the same, the hate will die down, love, unity and development will grow. Nigeria will be greater than ever. [/quote]

Foolishness of the highest order. Ignorance is a deadly disease
Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by oyatz(m): 8:06am On Jun 14, 2019
The way I see the scenerio unfolding is that many young Igbos online seem to have some forms of entitlement and wrongly assume that 'Nigeria owe them' .

They feel that the FG and other Nigerians need to
apologise to them and conceed the presidency to them.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Judiciary Is Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy – Peter Obi / Is Obasanjo's Wealth Worth N18 Trillion. Read! / Finally Ait Gbenga Arulegba Focus Nigeria Invites Anenih,obj , Ibori Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.