Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,859 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? (19600 Views)

Bouncer Laments After His Car Was Disfigured By Boys He Bounced In Edo (Video) / Innoson Vehicles Used By FRSC, Police, Army, Nigeria Fire Fighters / Help!! This Car Was Stolen In Onitsha This Morning (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? by falopey: 9:36pm On Jun 13, 2019
greggng:

I just love the way you talk...just like female comedian....the type of woman I like...anyways I am glad you know a thing or two but majority of you don't know. For example a lady used her car for 7months without servicing ...when I saw the engine oil ...I pitied that car. All the tyres have all gone and she speed like mad man....
A woman I know continually drove her car even after the break pads are worn out until the car rotors were completely grinded. She kept driving even with the grinding sound and destroyed the rotors. She didn’t even care to understand why the grinding noise in the tire until her husband drove the car one day and discovered the rotors were destroyed already.

2 Likes

Re: Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? by raslim20(m): 9:36pm On Jun 13, 2019
Ishilove:

What's the difference between water and coolant? Mine has two radiators- one iron and one plastic. I put water in the both of them
Lol, I know Weytin aunty means by saying 2 radiator, she mean the radiator and the return cylinder, Eehya

3 Likes

Re: Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:40pm On Jun 13, 2019
TheCar:
thebigkendo, dannybrasky and obekediamondfuto

Oya what is your thought on this matter.

Now you are invited early for this party on the frontpage. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

hmmmm, well I wouldn't want to generalize hastily but the ones I have seen don't know Jack about their cars, they are only concerned when it doesn't start.....

a woman was seen in a vehicle with engine oil dripping profusely somewhere on the island, she was stopped and given the shocking news, she said she knows... that she wants to quickly rush home with it that her husband will take it to the mechanic the next day!

have u told ur husband? we asked..
she responded: no, because he hasn't been picking his calls....
SMH, one vulcanizer around helped her source a mechanic that did some patching here and there, topped it with some good old "something max" oil, can't remember the name and madam sped off.... u need to see the speed of this woman.....

(BTW how many women can change the tire of the vehicle they drive? I've actually seen one try to.... she really really tried her best oh.... since that day, no matter what.... she will never drive home alone.... if there is no one to accompany her, she will jejely park the car and use uber! ) topic for another day
Re: Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 13, 2019
franchasng:
Hahahahahaha....when the car starts bringing out black smoke for real That means the top cylinder is gone na shocked cheesy cheesy

Now I see why the op said what he said that ladies are terrible car users cheesy cheesy

On a more serious note, women only know how to open the car door, turn the ignition, shift the gear to drive and throttle the pedal move, voom....if the car dare stop on the road or refuses to start, then guess what she will do next Flips her phone and dial Honey's number to come oh this car refused to start grin grin
No dude, black smoke means car running rich or lean. Blue smoke is what you just explained.
Re: Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? by SmartyPants(m): 9:42pm On Jun 13, 2019
ornicus:

if i have a driver, who was my car used by?
if i let out my ride for uber then i decie to sell it, who was the car used by?
if i own a fleet of trucks, buses, motorcyles - who is the car used by?

Those are all exceptions rather than the rule. The topic is considering the state of a car after being used solely by its owner who was a man or a woman.

The point is to analyse which gender takes better care of their own cars not which gender drives better overall.
Re: Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? by Mimzyy(f): 9:47pm On Jun 13, 2019
Fallacy of hasty generalisation. The dude that purchased my discussion continues still thanks me till tomorrow for making good use of the car and leaving it in excellent condition. He practically had nothing to fix after purchase . It’s not all women that know next to nothing about the maintenance of a car.

greggng:
Is worst that a car is used by a woman. They know nothing about maintenance....there own is to enter and drive. I have saved many of them ....they don't service their cars ...,they don't even know when is due for serving....

1 Like

Re: Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 13, 2019
SmartyPants:

Those are all exceptions rather than the rule. The topic is considering the state of a car after being used solely by its owner who was a man or a woman.

The point is to analyse which gender takes better care of their own cars not which gender drives better overall.

and who do you think is put in charge of maintaining the car if not the driver?
or you actually think the drivers use of car stops with driving it?
who do you think washes the car, puts petrol in its, takes it for servicing?
what do you think the reason for employing a driver is?
Re: Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? by greggng: 9:49pm On Jun 13, 2019
Mimzyy:
Fallacy of hasty generalisation. The dude that purchased my discussion continues still thanks me till tomorrow for making good use of the car and leaving it in excellent condition. He practically had nothing to fix after purchase . It’s not all women that know next to nothing about the maintenance of a car.

Sweet as sugar. Cold as ice. Hurt me once, I'll break you twice......keep it up
Re: Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? by Jokkarm2: 9:49pm On Jun 13, 2019
Ishilove:
We know when the car is due for service when the engine starts bringing out black smoke, and if it does 'hard starting'. angry
d
Don't wait until engine gives black smoke before you go for servicing , you are not a taxi driver. From your last service, let the mechanic tell you how many milage your will cover before you come for next servicing . even if the oil is still okay as far as you have covered that distance, change the oil and filter. That way your engine will not know what is called problem . it can stay up to ten years with regular servicing.
Check oil and water and hydraulic every morning before you start your car. If you start the car, allow it to run like 10 minutes before you move.
Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? by backnbeta(f): 9:50pm On Jun 13, 2019
SmartyPants:

Even at that, most women are aggressive drivers, coupled with the fact that they only care about the appearance of the car and hardly about the "mechanism'

*I'm a woman and I drive *

1 Like

Re: Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? by Mimzyy(f): 9:54pm On Jun 13, 2019
Flawed. I have friends that use their car as a second closet so you can’t always vouch for a clean interior just cos it’s a woman.

femi4:
The advantage there is only the interior. You can vouch for a clean interior

2 Likes

Re: Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? by froze6(m): 9:57pm On Jun 13, 2019
Ishilove:
I didn't know o
chai God help you.
Re: Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? by ibkayee(f): 9:59pm On Jun 13, 2019
laivwire:
I see some car adverts stating the car is used by a woman as an advantage.

Personally I believe women use cars in a terrible manner. They just start and drive with next to zero maintenance routines.

What’s your take?
grin
Re: Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? by SmartyPants(m): 10:01pm On Jun 13, 2019
ornicus:

and who do you think is put in charge of maintaining the car if not the driver?
or you actually think the drivers use of car stops with driving it?
who do you think washes the car, puts petrol in its, takes it for servicing?
what do you think the reason for employing a driver is?

I don't know if your goal here is to type out as many rhetorical questions as possible. This is my last attempt to help you understand.

The question at hand deals with a hypothetical scenario wherein you are presented with two options to buy a car that has been used by a man or the same car that has been used by a woman for the same number of years on the same roads. The variables are all the same apart from the fact that the owners of the cars were of different genders.

There is no hired driver.
The cars have not been used for Uber.
The cars are driven by their owners alone.

Which of the cars will you buy? That is the question.
Re: Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? by SmartyPants(m): 10:04pm On Jun 13, 2019
backnbeta:

Even at that, most women are aggressive drivers, coupled with the fact that they only care about the appearance of the car and hardly about the "mechanism'

*I'm a woman and I drive *

Lol well i think we can't use you alone to make an inference about all women. I really can't agree that women are generally more aggressive drivers.

But I will agree with you that women generally tend to care less about the mechanics of the care particularly if they have a man around like a husband, brother or father. If they don't i suspect you may find that women will found to be extra cautious in those circumstances.
Re: Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? by doggedfighter(f): 10:04pm On Jun 13, 2019
Ishilove:

Tah, gerrarahere. We check the water level in the radiator, check the oil level, nack the battery head and we are good to go. What other maintenance routine is left again? You sha want to give us a bad name.

Mscheeew angry
Thanks Ishilove for telling them the truth. Maintenance culture is our culture grin

2 Likes

Re: Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? by dannybrasky(m): 10:07pm On Jun 13, 2019
Respect to all the women out there. With the little knowledge I have with regards to cars used by women, hmmm I'm not sorry to say only 2 out of 10 cars would turn out be to in condition for a 2nd or 3rd to 4th hand value lol.

Women are mostly non challant when it comes to caring for their vehicles,meaning as far as the car is functioning(moving) then there is no cause for alarm. Not until it breaks down, that is when they mostly call on their husband,Male friends or mechanic to come to their aid.

1, I know of few ladies who can't even pop the hood of there cars. ( How do dey do regular checks) engine oil,water and stuff.

2 ,I have one In my street,when ever she is driving into the street,she has to go full torque for her to be able to climb the little hill in our street,if not her car wouldn't go pass the hill lol. It's been one year and counting and she hasn't fixed the problem,each time I hear the sound of a car speeing into our street,it doesn't take me long to know it's our formula one aunty grin

3, A friend of mine,she cares less,if car doesn't break down,she is so not bothered. She has changed 2 engines in the span of 2 years lol.

Like I said massive respect to all the women out there,to be honest if a man isn't involved in a woman's car maintenance be it husband,boyfriend,brother and so,the car go suffer pass donkey grin

TheCar:
thebigkendo, dannybrasky and obekediamondfuto

Oya what is your thought on this matter.

Now you are invited early for this party on the frontpage. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? by doggedfighter(f): 10:07pm On Jun 13, 2019
pocohantas:

Ain't seen a man with a car as fresh as mine. Engine and body.

Strictly Coscharis.

That's how stars do.
This is a woman talking. Go girl,go pocohantas
Re: Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? by Nnemuka(f): 10:07pm On Jun 13, 2019
used by a married woman is better because her husband maintains it while she drives carefully

2 Likes

Re: Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? by backnbeta(f): 10:23pm On Jun 13, 2019
SmartyPants:

Lol well i think we can't use you alone to make an inference about all women. I really can't agree that women are generally more aggressive drivers.

But I will agree with you that women generally tend to care less about the mechanics of the care particularly if they have a man around like a husband, brother or father. If they don't i suspect you may find that women will found to be extra cautious in those circumstances.

Women don't want you to cheat them or take advantage of them on the road and this has turned many female drivers to mean drivers...they drag road anyhow grin

1 Like

Re: Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:23pm On Jun 13, 2019
Nnemuka:
used by a married woman is better because her husband maintains it while she drives carefully

you say? carefully ke, most women on the road are aggressive as hell, drive without caution and are damn ready to bash ur vehicle if u drag too much with her on the road.......

thats not what "carefully" means to me oh...

half of the remaining women that can be said to be careful are actually learning how to drive and the remaining half of this small percentage are just tired of all the hustle and bustle cos they have outgrown the aggressiveness!!!

4 Likes

Re: Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:26pm On Jun 13, 2019
backnbeta:

Women don't want you to cheat them or take advantage of them on the road and this has turned many female drivers to mean drivers...they drag road anyhow grin

why do they always feel cheated even when there is no competition or contest?

1 Like

Re: Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? by pocohantas(f): 10:30pm On Jun 13, 2019
doggedfighter:

This is a woman talking. Go girl,go pocohantas

I don't know if their women are driving cars that should be collectors delight.

Who goes about opening hood? Na 1992 Honda I dey drive? Nonsense and ingredients.
Re: Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? by kenex4ever(m): 10:32pm On Jun 13, 2019
Ishilove:
We know when the car is due for service when the engine starts bringing out black smoke, and if it does 'hard starting'. angry
definition of run to failure
Re: Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? by ibkayee(f): 10:34pm On Jun 13, 2019
I don't know shvt about cars beyond driving them, I won't even lie
Re: Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? by Ishilove: 10:34pm On Jun 13, 2019
Jokkarm2:
d
Don't wait until engine gives black smoke before you go for servicing , you are not a taxi driver. From your last service, let the mechanic tell you how many milage your will cover before you come for next servicing . even if the oil is still okay as far as you have covered that distance, change the oil and filter. That way your engine will not know what is called problem . it can stay up to ten years with regular servicing.
Check oil and water and hydraulic every morning before you start your car. If you start the car, allow it to run like 10 minutes before you move.
Thank you
My brother, I don't have time for these. Whenever it is giving a sign, we invite mechanic to check. Shikena.
Re: Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? by highbee02: 10:35pm On Jun 13, 2019
Ishilove:

Tah, gerrarahere. We check the water level in the radiator, check the oil level, nack the battery head and we are good to go. What other maintenance routine is left again? You sha want to give us a bad name.

Mscheeew angry

Lo! What about the brake fluid, gear oil, plug? When u run out of fuel and refuel your car, can u put PMS in your mouth and put it in d carburetor like those road side mechanic?
Re: Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? by pocohantas(f): 10:39pm On Jun 13, 2019
ibkayee:
I don't know shvt about cars beyond driving them, I won't even lie

No be you again.
I know your type na.

One day I came out and met my tyre deflated, I brought out my tyre inflator from the trunk to pump it. Mehn! The whole road stopped to watch. I was terribly embarrassed. Have they given up on us this much? grin

What if I brought out jack and wheel spanner. Lmao!!!
Re: Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? by Ayoagbajesamuel(m): 10:42pm On Jun 13, 2019
Women don't take care cars.
I bought a Honda car from a woman, i spent allot on it b4 i started enjoining it because of bad maintainance, i changed many things in it, though, i checked vividly b4 payment, if not i would have entered one chance
Re: Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? by ibkayee(f): 10:43pm On Jun 13, 2019
pocohantas:

No be you again.
I know your type na.

One day I came out and met my tyre deflated, I brought out my tyre inflator from the trunk to pump it. Mehn! The whole road stopped to watch. I was terribly embarrassed. Have they given up on us this much? grin

What if I brought out jack and wheel spanner. Lmao!!!
Lmao!

I know how to pump my tyre and I'm quite proud of myself for it, other than that I don't care to learn anything else tongue

1 Like

Re: Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? by queenfav(f): 10:43pm On Jun 13, 2019
Lol.. I can't maintain a car to save my life. If not for Oga, it won't be funny. I am sure most women are like me. I am learning tho, I want my car to remain sound and problem free.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Can I Know The Mileage Of A Replaced Engine / How Much Is Shock Absorber / 10 Facts About Bajaj You Might Not Believe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.