Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,678 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Extended Family Palaver - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Extended Family Palaver (2146 Views)

Help, I'm Not Emotionally Attached To My Mother, Siblings And Extended Family / Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? / Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Extended Family Palaver by Kaveco(m): 4:05pm On Jun 14, 2019
Hi everyone. My mum is a single mum. She has just me. She got married to my step dad in 2009. So, he passed away in July last year. Barely a month after he died, his family confiscated his new car and the hotel he bought months before he died. What's left with us is his house, and we have been asked to leave the place. We don't know where the house documents are, so we don't know what to do. Any ideas of who can help us with this?
Re: Extended Family Palaver by Acidosis(m): 5:36pm On Jun 14, 2019
Where's your dad?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Extended Family Palaver by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 6:10pm On Jun 14, 2019
Acidosis:

Where's your dad?

What kind of stupid question is that? Must every child share ties with their dad? Do you not know that some dads are unfortunate?

Better give the poor lad a good advice or better swerve.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Extended Family Palaver by AmazonTopaz(f): 6:28pm On Jun 14, 2019
Kaveco:
Hi everyone. My mum is a single mum. She has just me. She got married to my step dad in 2009. So, he passed away in July last year. Barely a month after he died, his family confiscated his new car and the hotel he bought months before he died. What's left with us is his house, and we have been asked to leave the place. We don't know where the house documents are, so we don't know what to do. Any ideas of who can help us with this?
Get a lawyer.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Extended Family Palaver by Acidosis(m): 6:30pm On Jun 14, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

What kind of stupid question is that? Must every child share ties with their dad? Do you not know that some dads are unfortunate?

Better give the poor lad a good advice or better swerve.

Why are you so bitter, my dear?

3 Likes

Re: Extended Family Palaver by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 6:36pm On Jun 14, 2019
Acidosis:

Why are you so bitter, my dear?

Be guided!

2 Likes

Re: Extended Family Palaver by Acidosis(m): 6:51pm On Jun 14, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Be guided!

Don't let your hatred towards men consume you. smiley Let him answer the question in peace.

1 Like

Re: Extended Family Palaver by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 7:53pm On Jun 14, 2019
Acidosis:

Don't let your hate towards men consume you. smiley Let him answer the question in peace.

Whenever did you read or did I write that I hate men? I do not hate men, at all. So, save your petty and false notion about me.

Do not ask him such a silly question! It is really uncalled for. Follow the topic and advise him accordingly!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Extended Family Palaver by Acidosis(m): 8:08pm On Jun 14, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Whenever did you read or did I write that I hate men? I do not hate men, at all. So, save your petty and false notion about me.

Do not ask him such a silly question! It is really uncalled for. Follow the topic and advise him accordingly!

Lol,

So if OP has a father that is very much alive and capable of fending for his son, he (OP) shouldn't proceed to ask him, simply because you have a myopic view of what transpired between his father and his mom??

Your hatred towards men is why you've presumed nothing good can come from his father or his father's relatives.

Or let me guess, you believe his step-father's family will hand over the hotel to him?? You're funny.

You have a big problem my dear. Only those who care about you would tell you.

2 Likes

Re: Extended Family Palaver by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:19pm On Jun 14, 2019
Acidosis:

Lol,

So if OP has a father that is very much alive and capable of fending for his son, he (OP) shouldn't proceed to ask him, simply because you have a myopic view of what transpired between his father and his mom??

Your hatred towards men is why you've presumed nothing good can come from his father or his father's relatives.

Or let me guess, you believe his step-father's family will hand over the hotel to him?? You're funny.

What if the father abandoned them
So he should look for a man who may not want anything to do with him undecided

3 Likes

Re: Extended Family Palaver by Acidosis(m): 8:27pm On Jun 14, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
What if the father abandoned them
So he should look for a man who may not want anything to do with him undecided

Look at my first post. I don't jump into hateful and vengeful conclusions smiley I started with a humble question but someone decided to be arrogant based on her pre-conceived one-sided and myopic views.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Extended Family Palaver by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:44pm On Jun 14, 2019
Acidosis:

Look at my first post. I don't jump into hateful and vengeful conclusions smiley I started with a humble question but someone decided to be arrogant based on her pre-conceived one-sided and myopic views.
But seriously what brought his father into the picture lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Extended Family Palaver by Richy4(m): 9:20pm On Jun 14, 2019
If your mother was legally married to your stepfather.. i think she is legally intitled to the house both of them were living together except if his will says otherwise.. Just consult a lawyer/ property lawyer that can advise you guys accordingly...

Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Extended Family Palaver by Acidosis(m): 9:20pm On Jun 14, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

But seriously what brought his father into the picture lipsrsealed

Well, his father brought him to this world. But seriously, let's wait for a response, and those who feel they have great recommendations should simply proceed.

I opened this page to "help" based on a realistic view of issues, not to fight or win a gender war.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Extended Family Palaver by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:21pm On Jun 14, 2019
Acidosis:

Well, his father brought him to this world. But seriously, let's wait for a response, and those who feel they have great recommendations should simply proceed.

I opened this page to "help" based on a realistic view of issues, not to fight or win a gender war.
Ok lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Extended Family Palaver by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:55pm On Jun 14, 2019
Acidosis:

Lol,

Be very guided!

You should be thankful to your stars that you ain't close to me.

1 Like

Re: Extended Family Palaver by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:57pm On Jun 14, 2019
Acidosis:

You go hear word soon!

1 Like

Re: Extended Family Palaver by mamcoker: 4:08am On Jun 15, 2019
Why is it difficult for Nigerians to have civil conversation.

2 Likes

Re: Extended Family Palaver by Acidosis(m): 6:45am On Jun 15, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Be very guided!

You should be thankful to your stars that you ain't close to me.

I know you're an irresponsible kid, but...can't you pretend or at least mind your business, knowing very well that OP has not come to ascertain or refute whatever it is you have in your head about his dad??

4 Likes

Re: Extended Family Palaver by Kaveco(m): 6:51am On Jun 15, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

Get a lawyer.
We already have one.

1 Like

Re: Extended Family Palaver by Billionaire2233: 7:23am On Jun 15, 2019
I will advice you and your mum to leave the house, lawyer will only put you in more trouble. If you know what family JUJU is. You will run for your life and never look back.

I’m sorry to say this but the fact is that you can sell your android phone and look for cheap apartment, even if na 1 room for new site. You and your mum should start all over again.

You are designed for greatness and you will get there, pls and pls. Family war isn’t a joke.

God will see you through and bless you and your mum

2 Likes

Re: Extended Family Palaver by Artistree: 7:45am On Jun 15, 2019
Billionaire2233:
I will advice you and your mum to leave the house, lawyer will only put you in more trouble. If you know what family JUJU is. You will run for your life and never look back.

I’m sorry to say this but the fact is that you can sell your android phone and look for cheap apartment, even if na 1 room for new site. You and your mum should start all over again.

You are designed for greatness and you will get there, pls and pls. Family war isn’t a joke.

He should sell phone to look for accommodation?

3 Likes

Re: Extended Family Palaver by Nobody: 7:50am On Jun 15, 2019
Artistree:

He should sell phone to look for accommodation?
no mind am.
80% of God people no dey get sense.
*spits! angry

1 Like

Re: Extended Family Palaver by Billionaire2233: 8:54am On Jun 15, 2019
I know it sound silly but na the best option be that, God no go let us see family wahala. If you don’t believe in Nollywood at least you should have seen it happening around Africa. Na person wey dey Alive dey use phone.
Re: Extended Family Palaver by Mizwisdom(f): 9:34am On Jun 15, 2019
Kaveco:

If your mother is legally married to him, she needs a lawyer to help her get all those properties back
Re: Extended Family Palaver by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:00pm On Jun 15, 2019
Acidosis:

[b]I know you're an irresponsible kid[/b]but...can't you pretend or at least mind your business, knowing very well that OP has not come to ascertain or refute whatever it is you have in your head about his dad??

grin

You go well, my son. Now, I know better. smiley

Just be careful to drop meaningful comments else you might not find it funny with me.
Re: Extended Family Palaver by cy4eve(f): 9:45pm On Jun 15, 2019
Acidosis:

I know you're an irresponsible kid, but...can't you pretend or at least mind your business, knowing very well that OP has not come to ascertain or refute whatever it is you have in your head about his dad??
I think is high tym the both of u stop dis rubbish, d fact dat ur opportuned to comment on dis section does not Gv u guys d right to Banta words at each oda, if you don't hv anytin to say to d young man, u marry ur bed.@UyaiIncomparabl

1 Like

Re: Extended Family Palaver by Kaveco(m): 11:07pm On Jun 15, 2019
Acidosis:

Where's your dad?
I do not know. Himself and my mum didn't get married. I just happened. My mum told me about him. So, I looked him up on Facebook. I still don't understand why you asked this question though
Re: Extended Family Palaver by Kaveco(m): 11:14pm On Jun 15, 2019
My mum employed the service of a lawyer (her cousin). So, two lawyers have been brought by my step dad's brother (he is the one responsible for everything), and they all withdrew themselves. So, the lawyer beside us was briefed about everything by my dad's brother. Cause we lived beside each other (our house and my step dad's brother). I just hope we get to keep the house. That's all that's left.
Re: Extended Family Palaver by Acidosis(m): 11:29pm On Jun 15, 2019
Kaveco:

I do not know. Himself and my mum didn't get married. I just happened. My mum told me about him. So, I looked him up on Facebook. I still don't understand why you asked this question though

Alright, man. Like you've already mentioned, follow your lawyer's recommendations, and ensure you do not confront your father in-law's family. Leave that to your mom and her lawyer.

Bottom line is you have a father. If I were you, I will get him and hold him accountable for my needs and upkeep. I would not forget about him unless I've had terrible personal encounters with him. Emphasis on the word "personal". You currently don't know your fate as per accommodation and perhaps schooling(?). These are my exact words to someone in your shoes some years back. Of course, his mother kicked against the idea, they fought, etc. but today, he is happy, everyone is happy. Guy would have been a dropout over an issue he knows nothing about.

You understand the situation better than anyone though, so do what is best for you and your mother.

1 Like

Re: Extended Family Palaver by mankettle(m): 10:02am On Jun 16, 2019
Kaveco:
My mum employed the service of a lawyer (her cousin). So, two lawyers have been brought by my step dad's brother (he is the one responsible for everything), and they all withdrew themselves. So, the lawyer beside us was briefed about everything by my dad's brother. Cause we lived beside each other (our house and my step dad's brother). I just hope we get to keep the house. That's all that's left.
was ur mum married to your step dad legally? also what state are you in? answer
Re: Extended Family Palaver by shege45: 10:13am On Jun 16, 2019
Billionaire2233:

lol i wonder how una dey reason atimes. He should sell his phone and look for a new house

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Regret! / Etiquette for A Perfect Relationship / (picture) Funny Things Babies Do With Statue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.