Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,171 members, 7,860,192 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:35 AM

When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? (8236 Views)

Pensioners Block Major Road In Calabar, Protest Non-Payment Of Entitlements / Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" / FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by ZombieTERROR: 6:31am On Jun 15, 2019
Tinubu will not rest until he bankrupts the State..

Bullion van master dispensing money while zombies blame Ambode...

1 Like

Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by basty: 6:31am On Jun 15, 2019
Why Ambode should be saying that, he owned no debt as governor of Lagos. He said the only debt he met was what he left.
Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by basty: 6:32am On Jun 15, 2019
ZombieTERROR:
Tinubu will not rest until he bankrupts the State..

Bullion van master dispensing money while zombies blame Ambode...

Is the money your state money?
Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by Nobody: 6:34am On Jun 15, 2019
Is tinubu and fashola being owed their pensions?
Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by Mummyimbecile(m): 6:34am On Jun 15, 2019
This is really unfair,how can you treat senior citizens like this?..dont you know they have dependants,their children,relatives and the rest,most of their female children have been turned to runs girls just to make ends meet,its really unfair,Government should do something about it!
Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by ZombieTERROR: 6:39am On Jun 15, 2019
basty:

It's Niger delta oil money

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by kfrosh: 6:40am On Jun 15, 2019
Same here too. My mum retired since 2016, yet to receive a penny. That Ambode Government na big scam.
Buckubuck:

They are all fake news. My mum retired since 2016 and has not received a kobo as pension. I asked her last week and the story is still the same. They're coming. God must specially punish people who are withholding pensioners benefits in Lagos cause I see it as sheer wickedness
Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by Nobody: 6:42am On Jun 15, 2019
Ambod, see your life outside
Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by Nobody: 6:46am On Jun 15, 2019
Buckubuck:

They are all fake news. My mum retired since 2016 and has not received a kobo as pension. I asked her last week and the story is still the same. They're coming. God must specially punish people who are withholding pensioners benefits in Lagos cause I see it as sheer wickedness
The monthly pensions and other benefits the Lagos state lawmakers implement for tinubu and his other ex gov can pay all the ex civil servants in Lagos and there will be change.
Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by akanbiaa(m): 6:57am On Jun 15, 2019
TARABA IS OVER 10 YEARS
Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by wristbangle: 6:58am On Jun 15, 2019
Some people will now see why Ambode was booted out. The worst governor in Lagos democratic rule

4 Likes

Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by davillian(m): 7:35am On Jun 15, 2019
basty:

The first trash this morning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by okeyfineboy(m): 7:49am On Jun 15, 2019
RockHard:
Is the Op sure of what he is saying because during Ambode tenure he was always in the news for releasing funds for pensioners. Abi na ghost worker the person be? undecided Just saying.

Yes, it's true, Ambode always release funds for pensioners. When Ambode entered, he met a huge debt in terms of pension and he has been paying. He started paying pension owed by Fashola. He kept paying the Pension batch by batch until he left office.
Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by anonymuz(m): 7:49am On Jun 15, 2019
Buckubuck:

we are getting wiser
Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by okeyfineboy(m): 7:53am On Jun 15, 2019
kong4:

It is true. My MIL too, since 2015.

Please ask your mother in law if Ambode did not start paying pension owed by Fashola and continued paying batch by batch till he left office. Please always get your fact right. Ambode paid pension until he left office, may be it didn't get to your MIL batch.
Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by okeyfineboy(m): 7:56am On Jun 15, 2019
Buckubuck:

It's not a fake news. Ambode releases funds to pay pensioners every month. You can ask your mum for confirmation. He started paying those owed by Fashola and was paying it batch by batch every month. So it's not really his fault.

1 Like

Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by mushystuff: 7:59am On Jun 15, 2019
Joromi12:
You have 8 years to retirement you go still dey born pikin. You have ur self to blame. Daft people

Don't say or even think that! You do not know the situations some people face including infertility and late marriages. There are some who need to apply some control, true, but don't generalise.

The point is that there shouldn't even be stories of government indebtedness and there should also be social programs and interventions for children of school age as is obtained in decent, developed societies. Your blames n insults should go to Nigeria and its nationwide bad governance not citizens who are on the receiving end as hapless victims. How about pensioners that have died due to illness and absence of funds to treat in addition to poor healthcare facilities?
Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by LZAA: 8:02am On Jun 15, 2019
Zybia and deomelo wee say it's ipob propaganda
Sai babarism
Smh
Cc immhotep justiceleague1 Adaibeku

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by Nobody: 8:30am On Jun 15, 2019
okeyfineboy:

Please ask your mother in law if Ambode did not start paying pension owed by Fashola and continued paying batch by batch till he left office. Please always get your fact right. Ambode paid pension until he left office, may be it didn't get to your MIL batch.

Batch of 2015 till 2019 right?
Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by Sulaimonsb(m): 9:19am On Jun 15, 2019
I doubt this ur story ooo cos my mum dat has been retired since 2003 frm lagos state civil service has been collecting her pension. Ask them if they have been going for the yearly Am alive verification.
Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by Ayodee2(m): 9:23am On Jun 15, 2019
Buckubuck:

It's not fake news.
Former governors starting from Fashola reformed the pension system and they make sure (New) pensioners are paid every quarter.
What they do now is that you are paid according to when you retired. I.e the person that retired first get entitlement first unlike the old system which was characterised by who you know.
Before a person can retire and get his money within six months whereas some have been on queen for more than 5years.

The major problem is that there were backlog of unpaid entitlement for many years even before Tinubu govt. don't forget also that the money is a huge one and people retired from service virtually everyday.
It's such a complicated thing. The person the OP refers to knew the procedure but government can do better even if it means taking loan to pay up the backlog.
Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 15, 2019
Ayodee2:

It's not fake news.
Former governors starting from Fashola reformed the pension system and they make sure (New) pensioners are paid every quarter.
What they do now is that you are paid according to when you retired. I.e the person that retired first get entitlement first unlike the old system which was characterised by who you know.
Before a person can retire and get his money within six months whereas some have been on queen for more than 5years.

The major problem is that there were backlog of unpaid entitlement for many years even before Tinubu govt. don't forget also that the money is a huge one and people retired from service virtually everyday.
It's such a complicated thing. The person the OP refers to knew the procedure but government can do better even if it means taking loan to pay up the backlog.

okeyfineboy:

It's not a fake news. Ambode releases funds to pay pensioners every month. You can ask your mum for confirmation. He started paying those owed by Fashola and was paying it batch by batch every month. So it's not really his fault.

I hope both of you have better information than newspaper talk before you start defending wicked politicians else you'll share in the curses meant for them in tenfold for supporting oppressors.
Former govs in Lagos state earn humongous benefits as pensions and they're not owing them but when it comes to ordinary people, story starts.
If Ambode was paying monthly as you guys claim, how come people who retired in 2015 are yet to get a kobo.
That other guy even says it's before tinubu. Do you know that's over 20yrs ago?
You people should be careful. Don't mortgage your future because of crumbs from politicians!!
Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by Hills4: 10:35am On Jun 15, 2019
See how afonjas avoided this thread
Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by Back2Daura(m): 10:39am On Jun 15, 2019
AnonPoet:
A cousin sent me this. Please Governor Sanwo-Olu should do something

And some people wanted to kill GOV OKEZIE IKPEAZU.
Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by Kennydoc(m): 10:56am On Jun 15, 2019
myddmodnabastard:
Tinubu is a greedy old fool Lagos this is where money meant for the payment of your pensions has been going to please stop crying joor you know your enemy take your protest to budilion the palace of Lagos state chairman, president and governor general God will punish that frog looking ugly bastard
Despite withholding retirees' pensions and gratuities, and earning a humongous amount of IGR annually, they still owe the largest debt (both domestic and external) among all the states.
You ask yourself, what have the past administrations of Lagos State Government been doing with all those funds?
Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by efilefun(m): 11:37am On Jun 15, 2019
RockHard:
Is the Op sure of what he is saying because during Ambode tenure he was always in the news for releasing funds for pensioners. Abi na ghost worker the person be? undecided Just saying.
Ambode is a useless paparazi animal... forget all the trash you read online, thank God my parents got personal businesses before retirement... since 2017 they both retired they havent been paid 1naira that omo ale was busy building useless bustops upandan
Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by boomii(f): 11:58am On Jun 15, 2019
It is not true. My dad retired in 2009 and his pension isn't delayed. The state pays sometimes 2 days after regular staff. Lagos state isn't owing sala
Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by Angelfrost(m): 12:09pm On Jun 15, 2019
Not just Lagos, almost all the states in the South... Is it that the funds are not available, or the governors don't see it as a priority? What can we say is the excuse of Lagos: a state that prides itself with such monthly IGR? Why can't Negroes, especially in Nigeria, perform a simple act of service like leadership?... You would almost think it's rocket science.
Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by okeyfineboy(m): 12:27pm On Jun 15, 2019
kong4:

Batch of 2015 till 2019 right?

Didn't you read my write up? He started paying Batch from Fashola's regime. Do well to ask any civil servant.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Work Has Not Even Started, Yet This 'Boy' Is Already Tired ( Pictures) / Bandits Invade Danmusa, Katsina, Kill 9 Residents / Will Nigeria Ever Be More Than A "mere Geographical Expression"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.