Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,806 members, 7,817,336 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Update On Development In Niger Delta Region(braced) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update On Development In Niger Delta Region(braced) (8573 Views)

Updates On Development In Kano State (Photos) / Governor Umahi Tasks Southeast Leaders On Development / Ikwerre Are Not Igbos, BRACED Counters Amaechi's Claim That Ikwerres Are Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update On Development In Niger Delta Region(braced) by Nobody: 11:38am On Jun 16, 2019
The Niger delta region is a southern minorities where every tribe get representated in Nigeria. They are not homogeneous, they are dozen of ethnic groups in this region but are related one way or another.

For example, akwa ibom and cross river share similarities.(Eastern Niger delta)

River state and bayelsa state share similarities.(central Niger delta).

Edo state and delta state share similarities(western Niger delta).

Braced is an acronym for bayelsa, river, akwa ibom,cross river, Edo and delta states.

Some people think we are undeveloped and backward with our resources but we aren't. We are progressing. I'm from the western Niger delta in delta central and we are Nigerians.

For people that want to spread hate and bitterness, Ogun state, Ibadan, ondo, Anambra, IMO,ebonyi,lagos,kano etc all have threads dedicated to their states so why can't we have ours?

Lalasticlala, mynd44 don't move this to the travel section oo

3 Likes

Re: Update On Development In Niger Delta Region(braced) by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 16, 2019
Starting off with beautiful serene akwa ibom state in eastern Niger delta

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On Development In Niger Delta Region(braced) by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 16, 2019
More from akwa ibom state. Long live Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On Development In Niger Delta Region(braced) by helinues: 11:42am On Jun 16, 2019
Ok
Re: Update On Development In Niger Delta Region(braced) by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 16, 2019
Niger delta is the most developed region in Nigeria. More from eastern Niger delta.

Uyo

3 Likes

Re: Update On Development In Niger Delta Region(braced) by amaniro: 11:48am On Jun 16, 2019
Akwaibom state keep getting back to back good governors.Kilode we that are your neighbours in Abia dash us one good governor na

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update On Development In Niger Delta Region(braced) by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 16, 2019
Time is cross river state

3 Likes

Re: Update On Development In Niger Delta Region(braced) by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 16, 2019
More from cross river state

3 Likes

Re: Update On Development In Niger Delta Region(braced) by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 16, 2019
More

3 Likes

Re: Update On Development In Niger Delta Region(braced) by Xander85: 11:57am On Jun 16, 2019
Interesting thread! Hope it's sustained and gains traction!

OP, list the ethnic groups that make up this Niger Delta. Would you say the region has got a fair deal from Nigeria.....if yes, in what ways; if no, what is the region doing about it?

1 Like

Re: Update On Development In Niger Delta Region(braced) by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 16, 2019
Xander85:
Interesting thread! Hope it's sustained and gains traction!

OP, list the ethnic groups that make up this Niger Delta. Would you say the region has got a fair deal from Nigeria.....if yes, in what ways; if no, what is the region doing about it?
I will keep updating it till eternity and I hope others join me.

The ethnic groups in Niger delta is so diverse and complex and you don't want to anger anybody.

For example, the capital of bayelsa is yenogoa and the people speak a form of edoid language and have ancestry to Benin but they identify as ijaw.

Same way ijaws are found in almost all the coastal areas in Niger delta.

The ethnic group here is ijaw, ikwerre, ooni, Benin, urhobo, isoko, anioma, itsekiri. Etc
Re: Update On Development In Niger Delta Region(braced) by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 16, 2019
Now this is our capital. Port Harcourt located in river state, central Niger delta.

The economic hub in Niger delta

6 Likes

Re: Update On Development In Niger Delta Region(braced) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 16, 2019
More from pH

2 Likes

Re: Update On Development In Niger Delta Region(braced) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 16, 2019
More

2 Likes

Re: Update On Development In Niger Delta Region(braced) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 16, 2019
It might interest you to know the Niger delta own the biggest GDP in Nigeria. The most ports. The most beautiful cities and the biggest economy states.

3 Likes

Re: Update On Development In Niger Delta Region(braced) by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 16, 2019
Bayelsa in central Niger delta

Re: Update On Development In Niger Delta Region(braced) by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 16, 2019
Western Niger delta. Edo state

Benin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On Development In Niger Delta Region(braced) by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 16, 2019
Last but not the least.

Delta state. I'll be back updating this thread from time to time

1 Like

Re: Update On Development In Niger Delta Region(braced) by stefanweeks: 12:35pm On Jun 16, 2019
Inferiority complex dey worry una

Anyway, nice pictures

3 Likes

Re: Update On Development In Niger Delta Region(braced) by nasoeb: 12:39pm On Jun 16, 2019
O.P please, the pic of tanks and turbine you posted for portharcourt is not in portharcourt but in my lovely, sweet town of Great Bonny Kingdom.
And please note that We Ijaws have a little bit different pronounciation/dialect of of ijaw language amongst ourselves. But a Bonny Ijaw man will always understand the delta Ijaw man. And the ondo Ijaw man will always always understand the akwa ibom Ijaw Man. We are always one.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update On Development In Niger Delta Region(braced) by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 16, 2019
Southernminorit:

The ethnic groups in Niger delta is so diverse and complex and you don't want to anger anybody.

For example, the capital of bayelsa is yenogoa and the people speak a form of edoid language and have ancestry to Benin but they identify as ijaw.

The ethnic group here is ijaw, ikwerre, ooni, Benin, urhobo, isoko, anioma, itsekiri. Etc

Wonderful.

What a perfect submission.

Am happy we have a thread like this now.

So you guys can enjoy.

Am off.

3 Likes

Re: Update On Development In Niger Delta Region(braced) by nasoeb: 12:43pm On Jun 16, 2019
stefanweeks:
Inferiority complex dey worry una

Anyway, nice pictures
Abeg show us your poverty ridden region. Be bold and proud and show us pics from all the states in your abandoned land.
You midget

4 Likes

Re: Update On Development In Niger Delta Region(braced) by senatordave1(m): 12:48pm On Jun 16, 2019
Juliusmalema:

Wonderful.

What a perfect submission.

Am happy we have a thread like this now.

So you guys can enjoy.

Am off.
Am sure you or globe money is behind this but anyway,nice thread

5 Likes

Re: Update On Development In Niger Delta Region(braced) by stefanweeks: 12:50pm On Jun 16, 2019
nasoeb:

Abeg show us your poverty ridden region. Be bold and proud and show us pics from all the states in your abandoned land.
You midget

Mo-ron

Where else has more concentration of poverty than the N.D?

If Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world

Then

N.D is the poverty capital of Nigeria tongue.

Argue with your fellow deltans.

3 Likes

Re: Update On Development In Niger Delta Region(braced) by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 16, 2019
senatordave1:
Am sure you or globe money is behind this but anyway,nice thread

Lolzzzzzzzzzzzz
Abeg ooo
Re: Update On Development In Niger Delta Region(braced) by Odingo1: 12:59pm On Jun 16, 2019
sadwas
Southernminorit:

What of the people they call Delta Igbo in that axis, are they an ethnic group , is Anioma an ethnic group or a name of an area in Delta state

6 Likes

Re: Update On Development In Niger Delta Region(braced) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jun 16, 2019
Odingo1:

What of the people they call Delta Igbo in that axis, are they an ethnic group , is Anioma an ethnic group or name of an area in Delta state
they are mixed of different ethnic group and they have different origin story.

Some will say they are Bini, others will say they are mixed with isoko and some will say they are igbos and others will say they come from nowhere that they are their own ethnic group

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On Development In Niger Delta Region(braced) by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 16, 2019
stefanweeks:

Mo-ron

Where else has more concentration of poverty than the N.D?

If Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world

Then

N.D is the poverty capital of Nigeria tongue.

Argue with your fellow deltans.
osun, Kano, Lagos have more poverty than the entire Niger delta.

Name your state let's compare it with any Niger delta states

2 Likes

Re: Update On Development In Niger Delta Region(braced) by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 16, 2019
Odingo1:
sadwas
What of the people they call Delta Igbo in that axis, are they an ethnic group , is Anioma an ethnic group or a name of an area in Delta state

If you are here to destroy this beautiful thread it won't work.

If you don't like what you read, just pass and go your way.

If not the mod will ban you.

This is how you guys move around and be looking for issues where not exist, and after you cry foul and victim mentality.

Follow and enjoy the thread and avoid mischief.

2 Likes

Re: Update On Development In Niger Delta Region(braced) by Odingo1: 1:21pm On Jun 16, 2019
Southernminorit:
they are mixed of different ethnic group and they have different origin story.

Some will say they are Bini, others will say they are mixed with isoko and some will say they are igbos and others will say they come from nowhere that they are their own ethnic group
Ok I understand, the people from Ukwuani, Ika and Aniocha are referred to Anioma people why other Nigerians call them Delta Igbo, Is that I am correct or wrong
Re: Update On Development In Niger Delta Region(braced) by Odingo1: 1:27pm On Jun 16, 2019
Juliusmalema:

If you are here to destroy this beautiful thread it won't work.

If you don't like what you read, just pass and go your way.

If not the mod will ban you.

This is how you guys move around and be looking for issues where not exist, and after you cry foul and victim mentality.

Follow and enjoy the thread and avoid mischief.
How do I destroy the thread by asking a simple question, Nigerians know that some people from Niger Delta are called Delta Igbos, so I want to clarify Anioma name and the widely known name Delta Igbos.

5 Likes

Re: Update On Development In Niger Delta Region(braced) by Juliet11111(f): 2:10pm On Jun 16, 2019
Southernminorit:

So you stupidly removed Igbo as one the ethnic groups in the Niger Delta. You must be an urhobo/ijaw fool.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Addresses Empty Seats At UN General Assembly- Pictur / This Criminal Never Go To Work For One Day But He Is A Billionaire / El-zakzaky: Falana Writes Buhari, Threatens To Sue AGF, DSS Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.