Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,439 members, 7,861,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:09 AM

Women Not Subordinate To Men - Osinbajo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Women Not Subordinate To Men - Osinbajo (10819 Views)

Superior (ATIKU) And His Subordinate (tinubu) / Don't Give Your Life To Men - Seun Osewa Advices Women Not To Join Nigerian Army / I Feel Concerned & Angry That SARS Operatives Arrest & Kill Young Men - Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Not Subordinate To Men - Osinbajo by 9jaBloke: 6:47pm On Jun 16, 2019
cool That's my VP. Please pardon the fruitcake below
Re: Women Not Subordinate To Men - Osinbajo by Truflame: 6:48pm On Jun 16, 2019
Prof Osinbajo is right in his assertion that women are not subordinate to a man but he shouldn't forget that women should not compete with men in his profession.

A society that allows a woman to pursue activities that is meant for a man is subject to slow extinction.

1 Like

Re: Women Not Subordinate To Men - Osinbajo by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:48pm On Jun 16, 2019
Noted
Re: Women Not Subordinate To Men - Osinbajo by Billionaire09: 6:48pm On Jun 16, 2019
iammo1:
cool

the sooner we men understands this the better, you are going to spend 80% of all you earn through bloood and sweat on women and her children

Former president of Nigeria has this to say...

1 Like

Re: Women Not Subordinate To Men - Osinbajo by bukatyne(f): 6:48pm On Jun 16, 2019
Even his wife carries herself as a subordinate.

No offense.

1 Like

Re: Women Not Subordinate To Men - Osinbajo by smsreseller: 6:49pm On Jun 16, 2019
Interesting piece.

When one think of the role of a father, one would really be grateful to God if one is blessed with a great dad.

Happy Father's Day to all responsible fathers out there. cool

VTU Portal, Data Bundle Portal and Bulk SMS Portal; all yours in a single website:
https://smsreseller.com.ng/multi-reseller-plans

1 Like

Re: Women Not Subordinate To Men - Osinbajo by liberalchick(f): 6:50pm On Jun 16, 2019
He just got a new fan! It’s a start now we need laws to back it up.

1 Like

Re: Women Not Subordinate To Men - Osinbajo by kunleweb: 6:53pm On Jun 16, 2019
superlanny:
This is where I cannot agree with Mr Vice President, Women are not and will never be equals with the Men, Biblically it is stated clearly, please I want to ask a question, can a lioness be compared to a lion, a wise man once said"until a woman can stand up to peiss and at the same time ,write their name on the wall, they can be considered equals" In the family women expect the man to lead, even during sex the man is naturally on top, if there is an house invasion by robbers, who runs out first to protect the family, who chips the most beating for doing superman (The Man), yet women want to be equals, They expect us to open the door for them, they expect us to carry them romantically, they expect us to do better in Bed, many of us are term Maga and Mugu and yet they want to be equals, kuku kill us nigbayen. Until Women can do the things men do and do it well, we the men of the world refuse to grant them any sort of . Smh vigorously

Kuku kill us nigayen and Smh seriously got me bad. Lolz. So funny

Where is ahnie bukatyne and ibkayee

2 Likes

Re: Women Not Subordinate To Men - Osinbajo by Smile4daddy(m): 6:55pm On Jun 16, 2019
VP Osinbajo should stop giving all these Women popularity. undecided

1 Like

Re: Women Not Subordinate To Men - Osinbajo by dingbang(m): 6:57pm On Jun 16, 2019
superlanny:
This is where I cannot agree with Mr Vice President, Women are not and will never be equals with the Men, Biblically it is stated clearly, please I want to ask a question, can a lioness be compared to a lion, a wise man once said"until a woman can stand up to piss and at the same time ,write their name on the wall, they can be considered equals" In the family women expect the man to lead, even during sex the man is naturally on top, if there is an house invasion by robbers, who runs out first to protect the family, who chops the most beating for doing superman (The Man), yet women want to be equals, They expect us to open the door for them, they expect us to carry them romantically, they expect us to do better in Bed, many of us are term Maga and Mugu and yet they want to be equals, kuku kill us nigbayen. Until Women can do the things men do and do it well, we the men of the world refuse to grant them any sort of equality. Smh vigorously
lionesses do more of the hunting.

4 Likes

Re: Women Not Subordinate To Men - Osinbajo by Jmk9292(m): 6:58pm On Jun 16, 2019
LordKO:
Women have never been subordinate to men. Gender differences don't mean inequality, just as equality (in this case) doesn't mean absence of difference.

Inequity exist/has been in existence in some places or a times though, and it's usually perpetrated by the domineering (not dominant) and/or greedy entity(ies) of either genders, so let equity be the bond that will always hold the difference(s).

#FAIRNESS4ALL
Nice one bro

1 Like

Re: Women Not Subordinate To Men - Osinbajo by Awoleesu(m): 7:01pm On Jun 16, 2019
I don't understand what Yemi meant by "created equally"... He must have forgotten his theological training (if he ever had any)!

I'd rather created to complement each other than created equally.

If we lay the two variables on the altar of English grammar, I'm sure even Mr. VP knows the world of difference that exists between the two!

For the sake of an argument in the light of Pastor Osibanjo's belief system, The Bible is clear that THE WOMAN IS SUBORDINATE TO THE MAN! Be it as a wife to her husband (Colossians 3:18), where the word "submit" was unambiguously used on one hand, or as women folk in congregational context, where Biblical instruction restrains women from "exercising authority" (1Timothy 2:12)!

So, Prof Pastor, whither cometh thy authority to declare a woman equally created as man?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women Not Subordinate To Men - Osinbajo by festacman(m): 7:01pm On Jun 16, 2019
LordKO:
Women have never been subordinate to men. Gender differences don't mean inequality, just as equality (in this case) doesn't mean absence of difference.

Inequity exist/has been in existence in some places or a times though, and it's usually perpetrated by the domineering (not dominant) and/or greedy entity(ies) of either genders, so let equity be the bond that will always hold the difference(s).

#FAIRNESS4ALL
It couldn't be better logically put. Classic!

3 Likes

Re: Women Not Subordinate To Men - Osinbajo by Jmk9292(m): 7:04pm On Jun 16, 2019
Until a woman is made Chief Of Army staff or president in nigeria.........

1 Like

Re: Women Not Subordinate To Men - Osinbajo by Lumig: 7:08pm On Jun 16, 2019
You see undecided na dis kain unbiblical talk dey make our woman disrespectful and stubborn. Coming from a pastor, it is pitiful

1 Like

Re: Women Not Subordinate To Men - Osinbajo by Goke7: 7:13pm On Jun 16, 2019
with all the comments, I have been reading so far, it just shows why Nigeria cannot easily develop. The average Nigerian is too low in his thinking and lacks emotional intelligence, chai.

What the vp said should not warrant the comments am seeing here. Our educational system has killed us.

3 Likes

Re: Women Not Subordinate To Men - Osinbajo by pansophist(m): 7:16pm On Jun 16, 2019
dingbang:
lionesses do more of the hunting.

His point is that a lioness is different from the Male, and their roles.

2 Likes

Re: Women Not Subordinate To Men - Osinbajo by badmrkt(m): 7:18pm On Jun 16, 2019
Goke7:
with all the comments, I have been reading so far, it just shows why Nigeria cannot easily develop. The average Nigerian is too low in his thinking and lacks emotional intelligence, chai.

What the vp said should not warrant the comments am seeing here. Our educational system has killed us.
so because they think differently that means they are not intelligent You think everyone is a robot right? So their thinking pattern should be same....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Not Subordinate To Men - Osinbajo by Kalalailunga: 7:19pm On Jun 16, 2019
ajl:
Stupid Nigerians! Can't remember us celebrating Fathers Day when we were kids. The Americans came up with all these nonsense days for commercial capitalist gains, so their people can go out to spend money on gift in order to enhance commerce. Now I see every tom, dick and Harry sending Fathers and Mothers day wish ... kuku turn your country to America's colony.

For us Africans, everyday is mother and fathers day.

And they bring feminism which is hyena culture

We are lions and the African woman is a lioness not a hyena European

The lioness encourages the boy cub to eat first so he can become the king of the Sahara

This is how lions are rulers because the male is King

1 Like

Re: Women Not Subordinate To Men - Osinbajo by dingbang(m): 7:22pm On Jun 16, 2019
pansophist:

His point is that a lioness is different from the Male, and their roles.
ok, basically, men and women are equal, but when it comes to marriage, it takes a different ball game, the Bible in the book of Genesis 3 vs 16, says..

16 To the woman he said, “I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.

With much emphasis on him ruling over the woman.

3 Likes

Re: Women Not Subordinate To Men - Osinbajo by sanpipita(m): 7:23pm On Jun 16, 2019
Only low esteem and worthless men go looking for women to dominate and suppress, when you are confident man, only yourself will be your competitor.

5 Likes

Re: Women Not Subordinate To Men - Osinbajo by Deepthoughts: 7:23pm On Jun 16, 2019
etcsines:
@titiloyeblog.com

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on Sunday urged men to love and honor women, reminding them that women are not subordinate to them.

According to him, women are created equal to men.

The Vice President made the declaration while speaking to State House correspondents after celebrating this year’s Fathers’ Day at the Aso Villa Chapel, Abuja.

He was joined at the service by his mother, Mrs. Olubisi Osinbajo, Deputy President of the Senate, Ovie Omo-Agege, Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr. Boss Mustapha, and others.

He said, “I think the responsibility of the father is incredible indeed and I think what is most important is to teach our men, young men growing up, that they must honor women, not just their wives.

“Of course, you must honor and love your wives, but I think that it is very important that we honor women.

“We don’t treat them as subordinate to us; they are created equal to men.

“But most importantly, we must honor them and recognize their role as partners, not just in families, but in society as well.”

Streaming that men have important roles to play in the society, he said that it is not the ability to have a child that makes a man father.

“It is not the ability to father a child, the ability to have a child that makes you a father; it is the courage to bring up one, ability to raise one.

“That’s what really makes you a father and I think the responsibilities of fatherhood are so many, whether one is a biological father or whether you are one who wants to take care of other children.

“I think that all of us, as men, have a role to play in the life of so many, not just our biological children but so many of them who have no fathers, even to some who have fathers to who we have responsibility to set example to lead exemplary life, to bring them up as scripture says in the way of the Lord.”

Also speaking, the Deputy President of the Senate, Ovie Omo-Agege, who earlier took the 1st Reading of the service taken from Malachi 1:3-6, said “it is not what we tell our children, but the lives we lead and they see us lead” that is important in the life of fathers.

He said this would help a lot in the formative years of children and makes them responsible members of society.

On his part, Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr. Boss Mustapha, said the Fathers’ Day was not about the celebration but a reminder of the role men have to play in their families as the physical and spiritual head.

“It’s not about the celebration; I think it’s a constant reminder about our responsibilities as fathers.

“We are reminded of the fact that, first, we are the priests of our homes; so we ought to pray for our families.

“And when you have children that are aware that as a father, you are praying for them, the chances of their drifting will not be there because they know that the eyes of their father are constantly on them.

“Constantly, you are reminding God that he has entrusted you with this responsibility and you ought to live up to the responsibility.

“The second thing is that, as fathers, we are supposed to exemplify the life of Christ in the lives of our children because we are just like letters that our children read on a daily basis.

“It is not about how much we say, or what say; it is about our lifestyle.

“The other reminder is that we are breadwinners in our families and we ought to provide for our families.”

Mr. Mustapha had earlier taken the 2nd Reading of the Service taken from Exodus 17:8-16

Delivering the sermon, the Chaplain of the Aso Villa Chapel, Reverend Seyi Malomo, advised fathers to be sensitive to discern any aggression that could harm their families.

Malomo also said fathers should lead their children in spiritual exercises like fasting and prayer, reminding them that their actions have direct implications for their children.

Prayers were said for President Muhammadu Buhari, Vice President Osinbajo, the legislature and the judiciary in Nigeria.

The congregation also prayed for unity, peace, and progress of Nigeria.

The highlight of the service was the presentation of gifts to President Buhari, Vice President Osinbajo, President of the Senate, Speaker of the House of Representatives and others.

source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/06/women-not-subordinate-to-men-osinbajo.html

Osibanjo should therefore inform his female fans to be ready for equality in all aspects of life with men at all times n in all situations.
Re: Women Not Subordinate To Men - Osinbajo by Ugosample(m): 7:25pm On Jun 16, 2019
ajl:
Stupid Nigerians! Can't remember us celebrating Fathers Day when we were kids. The Americans came up with all these nonsense days for commercial capitalist gains, so their people can go out to spend money on gift in order to enhance commerce. Now I see every tom, dick and Harry sending Fathers and Mothers day wish ... kuku turn your country to America's colony.

For us Africans, everyday is mother and fathers day.

interesting views you got there

1 Like

Re: Women Not Subordinate To Men - Osinbajo by CorperKola: 7:46pm On Jun 16, 2019
bukatyne:
Even his wife carries herself as a subordinate.

No offense.

I mean, no one knows what his wife does for a living.
And she goes around kneeling to greet everyone.
Cultivating an image of a humble n dutiful housewife.
And this shortman devil is now telling ue this trash.
I expect nothing but lies from pastor, let alone a politician and a pastor rolled into one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Not Subordinate To Men - Osinbajo by bluefilm: 8:11pm On Jun 16, 2019
My honorable veepee, on this one, you lie.

All over the world, women are naturally surbodinate to men.

Strength wise.

Brain wise.

Leadership wise.

Planning wise.

Independence wise.

I'm not saying that all men are automatically superior to all women just because they are men.

But, on the average...

Men still run this world in so many areas.
Re: Women Not Subordinate To Men - Osinbajo by ccffwx: 8:14pm On Jun 16, 2019
Wives, not WOMEN. She is not your wife; you are not her head.
MANDIPUTIN:
Ephesians 5:22-24
Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.
Re: Women Not Subordinate To Men - Osinbajo by bukatyne(f): 8:17pm On Jun 16, 2019
CorperKola:

I mean, no one knows what his wife does for a living.
And she goes around kneeling to greet everyone.
Cultivating an image of a humble n dutiful housewife.
And this shortman devil is now telling ue this trash.
I expect nothing but lies from pastor, let alone a politician and a pastor rolled into one.

I will actually believe this message better coming from Buhari.

Aisha has a beautiful carriage.

Decent, modest, beautiful, confident and sure of herself.

She doesn't move about like Mrs. Osibanjo who looks like she is mourning something.

He should go teach his wife confidence first.
Re: Women Not Subordinate To Men - Osinbajo by frozen70(f): 8:21pm On Jun 16, 2019
This message is for the men

Adjust the way you maltreat women so that you can experience peace of mind
Re: Women Not Subordinate To Men - Osinbajo by crackhaus: 8:26pm On Jun 16, 2019
pocohantas:

If only you will say same when tables turn.

The world will be a better place...
Not like I've said the opposite before when the tables were turned, but I'm just flattered that you're of the opinion that what crackhaus 'says' can make the whole world a better place.
Re: Women Not Subordinate To Men - Osinbajo by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 16, 2019
I disagree with him. women are not equal to men. A man was formed with mud and received the breath of God, Women came from Mans rib.

What are you saying??

1 Like

Re: Women Not Subordinate To Men - Osinbajo by rikithor(m): 8:54pm On Jun 16, 2019
ignore the goofing VP he had join bad gang husband is the Master!-pastor Chris Oyakhilome husband is the head of a woman-Paul of Tarsus your desires shall be your husband, and he shall rule over you-Baba God
I s the mere commissioner wiser than these two men,not to mentioned, God?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N2.5bn DSO Project: Lai Mohammed Fails To Appear In Court / FEC Okays N310b For Roads Projects / Buhari: We Will Stabilise Nigeria’s Democracy With Next Year’s Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.