Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,423 members, 7,830,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

What Fond Memory Do You Have Of Your Dad? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Fond Memory Do You Have Of Your Dad? (1826 Views)

Will You Accept Your Dad’s Secret Family? / Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? / I Am Growing Fond Of My Neighbors Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Fond Memory Do You Have Of Your Dad? by skinnyebans(m): 1:54am On Jun 17, 2019
What fond memories do you have of your dad? One not related to him spending money �

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Fond Memory Do You Have Of Your Dad? by budaatum: 2:26am On Jun 17, 2019
Me: Dad, I need 50kobo please.
Dad: Why?
Me: To buy a book.
Me: To read.
Me: To learn.
Me: To be smart.
Me: To be intelligent dad!
Me: So I'm not stupid!

You'd think he'd give me the 50kobo by now right. Nope. Not my dad! We still got to do the whats, the hows, the wheres, the whens and the whos too. Good thing is he'll give me a whole 1 Naira at the end, 50kobo for the book and 50kobo for my answers.

Rip dad!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Fond Memory Do You Have Of Your Dad? by ahnie: 2:39am On Jun 17, 2019
grin grin grin
How after gifting him his monthly foodstuffs and money...in order to show me how grateful he was...my dad would rush to the nearest market buys banga (palm fruit nuts)worth of #200 and when cooking the soup he would use 4 tins of small canned tomatoes and plenty balls of onions.and mehn the taste was something to die for.
He was the only is ok man that I ve seen that uses tin tomatoes when cooking banga soup grin.

And the funniest of all was...when am going back home..my dad would carry Cutlass whilst seeing me off to the park.he was well known.
Lolz...I nicknamed him...small motor with big engine Cox he was very petited.

R.i.p Mr D....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Fond Memory Do You Have Of Your Dad? by selfwife(f): 4:40am On Jun 17, 2019
Well my own no sweet o. I met him for the first time when I don already get breast. He was fighting and they were threatening each other with acid, na there I know say problem dey. met him a total of about 6 times and there was always problem. Thank God I chose the right genes I for be gangster.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Fond Memory Do You Have Of Your Dad? by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 17, 2019
My dad was very loving,strict about us(my immediate older sis and i) going out of the house so he bought us all the video games one could possibly have on earth.(ending man,Sega mega drive,Sega dreamcast,super Nintendo,Nintendo 64,Nintendo GameCube,ps1,ps2 and psp for my sister.dude use to play with us sef and use to beat us at soccer everytime cheesy ) I love my sisters men smiley
He took us to school every morning and use to pick us up after school until my sis finished primary school and left for boarding school.lol
I started going back home alone.
When my sister was 9,a huge guy tried to toast her and she came back home and reported.my dad put on a short,a white tee shirt and carried a machete to the guys house. cheesy
God saved that idiot that day as he wasn't home,knowing how temperamental my dad can be.
I remember when I got dismissed from boarding school in my first year... cheesy
He was wearing a light yellow t shirt,some light blue denim,well tucked in and some red sandals with black soles.
They invited me from class to come to admin and when I saw him,I was so happy I wanted to go rush and hug him but I saw disgust all over his face.i wondered what happened till I got in and was given the bad news.
We went home and he sat me down,asked me wtf was going on and all.we had a little scuffle,settled the next morning and he used his influence to get me into another school where I later graduated!
I had the best childhood courtesy my dad.mum was a serious business woman who didn't have much time to be around.so I got closer to my mom when dad left and she was overthrown in her business by my greedy older brother(very greedy boy!!!)tueh!!
I still remember the day my dad left all of us for another woman.
We were outside in the compound discussing one evening and all of a sudden he went inside,carried a tennis bag with some few clothes in it,handed me around 2k like he always does when he was travelling(dude was a traveller cheesy ) and tarnished into the night.
I thought oh well,na so e dey always do na not knowing that would be the last time we would ever live in the same house undecided even though that day's own was very awkward of him because someone would either go drop him off or his best friend then would come to the house and take him to the airport.
He left us!with all the love I had for him I kept spending my little money(which I stole from mama of course,cos I was so young at the time) to call him almost everyday.
He kept promising he will come till I later gave up hope and he never did.
Didn't know dude was busy forming another family somewhere and had up to 4 kids!!!!fùck
I was mad!!!!started hating his ass and the woman he even left my mogul mom for is one fùcking broke,wretched,ugly lowlife!!
One that later bankrupted him and made him penniless cheesy cheesy
He is now very broke,old,disgusting looking and all...upon say my dad na FINE man.
If you know me personally,you can imagine what my dad will be like cool very cute that my mom fell helplessly in love with at the time!
Well fùck you dad!!!and oh,I MADE IT!!!! cool
Spits! angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Fond Memory Do You Have Of Your Dad? by ahnie: 9:39am On Jun 17, 2019
nwanneni:
My dad was very living,strict about us(my immediate older sis and i) going out of the house so he bought us all the video games one could possibly have on earth.
He took us to school every morning and use to pick us up after school until my sis finished primary school and left for boarding school.lol
When my sister was 9,a huge guy tried to toast her and she came back home and reported.my dad put on a short,a white tee shirt and carried a machete to the guys house. cheesy
God saved that idiot that day as he wasn't home,knowing how temperamental my dad can be.
He was wearing a light yellow t shirt,some light blue denim,well tucked in and some red sandals with black soles.
They invited me from class to come to admin and when I saw him,I was so happy I wanted to go rush and hug him but I saw disgust all over his face.i wondered what happened till I got in and was given the bad news.
We went home and he sat me down,asked me wtf was going on and all.we had a little scuffle,settled the next morning and he used his influence to get me into another school where I later graduated!
I had the best childhood courtesy my dad.mum was a serious business woman who didn't have much time to be around.so I got closer to my mom when dad left and she was overthrown in her business by my greedy older brother(very greedy boy!!!)tueh!!
We were outside in the compound discussing one evening and all of a sudden he went inside,carried a tennis bag with some few clothes in it,handed me around 2k like he always does when he was travelling(dude was a traveller cheesy ) and tarnished into the night.
I thought oh well,na so e dey always do na not knowing that would be the last time we would ever live in the same house undecided even though that day's own was very awkward of him because someone would either go drop him off or his best friend then would come to the house and take him to the airport.
He left us!with all the love I had for him I kept spending my little money(which I stole from mama of course,cos I was so young at the time) to call him almost everyday.
Didn't know dude was busy forming another family somewhere and had up to 4 kids!!!!fùck
I was mad!!!!started hating his ass and the woman he even left my mogul mom for is one fùcking broke,wretched,ugly lowlife!!
He is now very broke,old,disgusting looking and all...upon say my dad na FINE man.
If you know me personally,you can imagine what my dad will be like cool very cute that my mom fell helplessly in love with at the time!
Spits! angry
Oh man... you're a nut case..this z so hilarious grin
Nwannem je chuba ego

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Fond Memory Do You Have Of Your Dad? by defendedvictim(m): 11:17am On Jun 17, 2019
He took me to write my post-ume..basically, he had to drive through 3states and brought me back. His reason was so I don't get stranded. Glad I gained the admission; it would have been unfair to him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Fond Memory Do You Have Of Your Dad? by skinnyebans(m): 7:24pm On Jun 17, 2019
nwanneni:
My dad was very loving,strict about us(my immediate older sis and i) going out of the house so he bought us all the video games one could possibly have on earth.(ending man,Sega mega drive,Sega dreamcast,super Nintendo,Nintendo 64,Nintendo GameCube,ps1,ps2 and psp for my sister.dude use to play with us sef and use to beat us at soccer everytime cheesy ) I love my sisters men smiley
Spits! angry

Very funny... Glad u made it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Fond Memory Do You Have Of Your Dad? by skinnyebans(m): 7:25pm On Jun 17, 2019
Thank God for you

selfwife:
Well my own no sweet o. I met him for the first time when I don already get breast. He was fighting and they were threatening each other with acid, na there I know say problem dey. met him a total of about 6 times and there was always problem. Thank God I chose the right genes I for be gangster.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Fond Memory Do You Have Of Your Dad? by skinnyebans(m): 7:25pm On Jun 17, 2019
Glad u made it

defendedvictim:
He took me to write my post-ume..basically, he had to drive through 3states and brought me back. His reason was so I don't get stranded. Glad I gained the admission; it would have been unfair to him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Fond Memory Do You Have Of Your Dad? by KanwuliaExtra: 7:31pm On Jun 17, 2019
The day he accidentally found a love letter from a boy hidden under my pillow. cheesy

Boy! I was 14 I think, from our neighbour’s randy son.

It was quite interesting.
The man just weak with shame.
See preaching that night. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Fond Memory Do You Have Of Your Dad? by 1Sharon(f): 12:17am On Jun 18, 2019
KanwuliaExtra:
The day he accidentally found a love letter from a boy hidden under my pillow. cheesy

Boy! I was 14 I think, from our neighbour’s randy son.

It was quite interesting.
The man just weak with shame.
See preaching that night. cheesy

Did you have the hots for him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Fond Memory Do You Have Of Your Dad? by 1Sharon(f): 12:24am On Jun 18, 2019
@nwanneni toast a 9yr old? That's very disturbing

1 Like

Re: What Fond Memory Do You Have Of Your Dad? by Nobody: 5:12am On Jun 18, 2019
1Sharon:
@nwanneni toast a 9yr old? That's very disturbing
yes o.
One useless boy at the time.
But he got the message and never tried it again cheesy
Re: What Fond Memory Do You Have Of Your Dad? by KanwuliaExtra: 1:06pm On Jun 18, 2019
1Sharon:

Did you have the hots for him

Absolutely not! kiss

My father reported the boy to his father and he got the beating of his life from his dad.

Then my father made my 10 year-old brother write a love letter to their only 8 year-old sister(an only daughter too), and made sure THEIR DAD read it too!

The randy 17 year-old son kept his distance FOR LIFE! cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Fond Memory Do You Have Of Your Dad? by 1Sharon(f): 2:00pm On Jun 18, 2019
KanwuliaExtra:

Absolutely not! kiss

My father reported the boy to his father and he got the beating of his life from his dad.

Then my father made my 10 year-old brother write a love letter to their only 8 year-old sister(an only daughter too), and made sure THEIR DAD read it too!

The randy 17 year-old son kept his distance FOR LIFE! cheesy

Lool..but for why? grin

I see where you get it from

1 Like

Re: What Fond Memory Do You Have Of Your Dad? by 1Sharon(f): 2:01pm On Jun 18, 2019
nwanneni:
yes o.
One useless boy at the time.
But he got the message and never tried it again cheesy

Hmm! How old was the guy?

Ur sister was lucky, she could have easily been taken advantage of
Re: What Fond Memory Do You Have Of Your Dad? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 18, 2019
1Sharon:

Hmm! How old was the guy?

Ur sister was lucky, she could have easily been taken advantage of
the guy may be like 28yrs old at the time.
Men my dad went crazy!!!
but one thing about my sister is that she isn't somebody that can be fooled tho.
She has been like that since inception.
Even my brother's laundry guy at the time wanted to play something silly at the time too but he didn't succeed.
Then when camera phones just came out.he took a picture of her and asked her to come check out the photo in his house shocked
My sis was like 12 at the time.as usual she reported!!dad wasn't around and my bro showed up in his crib at the appointed time instead grin
See beating!!!them beat am like snake that day while my sister watched cheesy
My childhood was funny sha

2 Likes

Re: What Fond Memory Do You Have Of Your Dad? by KanwuliaExtra: 3:13pm On Jun 18, 2019
1Sharon:

Lool..but for why? grin

I see where you get it from

Vengeance is only for the lord for spiritual matters ke! grin
Re: What Fond Memory Do You Have Of Your Dad? by LordKO(m): 3:16pm On Jun 18, 2019
His altruistic (thoughtful) and conscientious disposition will remain evergreen in my heart forever - so Iv'e countless fond memories of him.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Fond Memory Do You Have Of Your Dad? by skinnyebans(m): 3:34pm On Jun 18, 2019
nwanneni:
Men my dad went crazy!!!
but one thing about my sister is that she isn't somebody that can be fooled tho.
Even my brother's laundry guy at the time wanted to play something silly at the time too but he didn't succeed.
Then when camera phones just came out.he took a picture of her and asked her to come check out the photo in his house shocked
My sis was like 12 at the time.as usual she reported!!dad wasn't around and my bro showed up in his crib at the appointed time instead grin

This one sweet me grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What Fond Memory Do You Have Of Your Dad? by 1Sharon(f): 4:10pm On Jun 19, 2019
nwanneni:
Men my dad went crazy!!!

cheesy grin

You mean the fool even gave appointment time?

Thumbs up to your sis tho.. the typical naija kid is expected to say 'yes uncle'

1 Like

Re: What Fond Memory Do You Have Of Your Dad? by armyofone(m): 4:26pm On Jun 19, 2019
My dad was in the service and not always around yet felt like he was hovering over me 24hours!!!
Didn't like it then that awon omo soja kekere boys feared to toast young opeke like me! grin
Looking back, it is all right! At least dem no use me test biology.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Fond Memory Do You Have Of Your Dad? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 20, 2019
Most Nigerian men hardly have anything good to say about their fathers. This means that most Nigerian men, old and young, are not good enough to answer real men.
Re: What Fond Memory Do You Have Of Your Dad? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 20, 2019
same as above
Re: What Fond Memory Do You Have Of Your Dad? by Buffalo2(m): 6:50pm On Jun 20, 2019
He taught how to answer official query ;and you know what? my response to my first and only query ever got my boss his own query, suspension and transfer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Fond Memory Do You Have Of Your Dad? by budaatum: 7:49pm On Jun 20, 2019
Mellowbandw:
Most Nigerian men hardly have anything good to say about their fathers. This means that most Nigerian men, old and young, are not good enough to answer real men.
That's not true! You father can not be that bad!
There must be one fond memory about your father.

Tell us!
Re: What Fond Memory Do You Have Of Your Dad? by czarina(f): 8:12pm On Jun 20, 2019
Nice read cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Fond Memory Do You Have Of Your Dad? by Chommieblaq(f): 8:17pm On Jun 20, 2019
The only memories I have of my dad is carrying me on his neck on our way back from the hospital and his overly peppered rice, he makes for us anytime we come back from school.

23 years ....
Keep resting with the Lord

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Fond Memory Do You Have Of Your Dad? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 20, 2019
budaatum:

That's not true! You father can not be that bad!
There must be one fond memory about your father.

Tell us!

You did not understand my post. It is not about me but most Nigerian men, like on this forum, they hardly say good things about their fathers. Personally I have a good father in whom I am proud of.
Re: What Fond Memory Do You Have Of Your Dad? by budaatum: 8:35pm On Jun 20, 2019
Mellowbandw:

You did not understand my post. It is not about me but most Nigerian men, like on this forum, they hardly say good things about their fathers. Personally I have a good father in whom I am proud of.
There are men here saying amazing things about their father so I don't quite understand what you're making false groundsweeping statement about men's father's as if you've checked anyone's father.

Tell us a fond memory about your good father whom you are proud of and leave other people's father alone!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help- My Kunu Is Too Thick / 6 Natural Ways To Choose Your Baby’s Gender – And Their Success Rates / Why Would A Sister In Law Act Like This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.