Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos (38725 Views)

Fears Over 'Killer' Palm Oil In Nigeria / Rivers Police Officer Kills Fish, Shares Photos On Facebook / Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos by Hangulsaram: 1:40pm On Jun 19, 2019
Officialgarri:
The pot and the cooking environment and the beans look equally scary and those fingernails just made the shii more scary
Lol! Did u see what I saw? I been wondering ooo
Re: Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos by clems88(m): 1:41pm On Jun 19, 2019
Which kind wahala be this . sad
I'm calling the police right away

Re: Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos by Babsunclejoe(m): 1:41pm On Jun 19, 2019
Pls get NAFDAC asap to trace the source.
Re: Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos by nanizle(m): 1:41pm On Jun 19, 2019
Jared09:
God help us all

ORAFA:
GOD will always protect HIS own.

You two are part of Nigeria's problem.

No useful contribution apart from calling God up and down.

5 Likes

Re: Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 19, 2019
Dottore:
Virtually 90% of palm oil sold in South West, North East and West are fake
where d thing d come from
Re: Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos by Ijaya123: 1:42pm On Jun 19, 2019
This is mind-burgling. And those responsible for this will be the first to blame PMB for anything.
Re: Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos by 400billionman: 1:42pm On Jun 19, 2019
I am still recovering from Fake rice I ate last two weeks wey wan destroy my body.

The following day, I was still wondering why I was feeling sick and saw rice inside freezer had turned to akamu.

God help this country.

1 Like

Re: Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos by BoboKush(m): 1:43pm On Jun 19, 2019
Jestin:
I suspect the handwork of our brothers from across the bridge...they can fake anything....FTC

U mean ndi yeast people
Re: Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos by Sleevia: 1:43pm On Jun 19, 2019
Jestin:
I suspect the handwork of our brothers from across the bridge...they can fake anything....FTC
your family members I guess... They are expert at it. I hear your dad is their ring leader.
Re: Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos by 400billionman: 1:44pm On Jun 19, 2019
banjo022:
where d thing d come from

Original Palm oil is shipped from South East and South South.. They do the mixing in the north and West.

1 Like

Re: Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos by Lovelyn451(f): 1:44pm On Jun 19, 2019
palm oil again? with all the palm trees scattered all over the country...I think it's high time somebody start making their own palm oil and frying garri too ...hmmundecided
Re: Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos by googi: 1:45pm On Jun 19, 2019
Where is Dora Akiyunli when you need her? May her soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos by bigtt76(f): 1:45pm On Jun 19, 2019
I don't understand the color of her palm .....is she saying she rubbed the palm oil in her palms and it stained it or what? That's gentian violet she smeared her palms with naaaaa angry

1 Like

Re: Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos by Sholaco: 1:45pm On Jun 19, 2019
Jestin:
grin
Re: Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos by ajebuter(f): 1:45pm On Jun 19, 2019
Make I go check the 5kg of red oyel I bought from Iya Ngozi yesterday..

Make person no go buy kemika as oyel

Ifura logun agba jare cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos by Sholaco: 1:46pm On Jun 19, 2019
Sleevia:
your family members I guess... They are expert at it. I hear your dad is their ring leader.
Wow, so its true? cheesy
Re: Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos by Aystarz: 1:48pm On Jun 19, 2019
GlorifiedTunde:
Report to the police and let them go after the sales person

Yes! Someone has to make a scapegoat out of these scumbags who think they could get away with murder.
Re: Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos by Klington: 1:49pm On Jun 19, 2019
[s][quote author=Jestin post=79477871]I suspect the handwork of our brothers from across the bridge...they can fake anything....FTC[/quote[/s]

Re: Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos by welturebotanical: 1:49pm On Jun 19, 2019
You bought red oil not palm oil.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos by Bighead9: 1:53pm On Jun 19, 2019
Jestin:

You are very correct. Na them Flat Headed Okoro's grin grin

Re: Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos by Gabson001(m): 1:53pm On Jun 19, 2019
It changed to Chemical or the colour changed
Re: Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos by Sleevia: 1:58pm On Jun 19, 2019
Sholaco:
Wow, so its true? cheesy
lol
Re: Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos by bixton(m): 2:00pm On Jun 19, 2019
Most of the palm oil sold in the market have some form of chemical or colouring added to it. It's majorly done by those who sell directly to the end consumers and not necessarily the producers/manufacturers.

There are lots of things people should be wary of buying in the market.............
1) Already grounded egusi, cameroun pepper, crayfish.........
2) Already cut veggies...........
3) Kanda/Kpomo( those ones that look over big for #100)
4) Towel/Shaki
4) Periwinkle/Isam
.....and lots more.
Re: Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos by tartar9(m): 2:00pm On Jun 19, 2019
Jestin:
You are a suspect for suspecting this.This is fact,it is them angry
Re: Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos by sleekman(m): 2:05pm On Jun 19, 2019
A very large proportion of palm oil in Nigeria is tainted with dye. It's a very sad reality. No matter how bad it gets, I can never taint palm oil I produce. People do all sorts to make fast money these days. People erroneously believe that the redder and more good looking the palm oil is, the better. Mehn you are so wrong. Let me educate most of you on how to buy original palm oil.
1. Smell the palm oil. Palm oil has a faint sometimes a bit more pronounced roasted smell. You may not get this smell from pronounced producers like Okomu, Presco, etc because they use a different process to purify and dehydrate their oils.
2. Palm oil at room temperature will have a viscous bottom layer, semi-viscous middle layer, and a less viscous top layer.
3. The colour of the bottom layer is a shade lighter than the middle which in turn is a shade lighter than the top.
Take a white piece of paper, a spoon, a small container like a small tomato tin and about 10-30cl of water along with you to the market.
Tell the seller to stir the palm oil in the container and after that, take just a spoon of the oil and mix with a spoon of water. After stirring pour the mixture on the paper. If there is dye in it then you should see water and dye separated from the oil across the paper.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos by toluwa1(f): 2:09pm On Jun 19, 2019
Eeeh.....fake palm oil......
Re: Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos by PureMind2: 2:13pm On Jun 19, 2019
Dis na ledoil
Re: Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos by stieyven(m): 2:20pm On Jun 19, 2019
post=79477891:
BLOOD OF ZECHARIAH!!!

How far can some sets of criminals go just to make profit,
Ignoring the lives that will be lost in their quest for fast money?!

All the people involve in criminal acts like this, fake drugs, fake drinks, fake tires etc, that endanger lives and bring sorrows to families,
will all end up in shameful and terrifying deaths.
They can never ever escape it!
DO you know that it's a sin to say "blood of Zachariah" as an exclamation. The prophet zechariah never shed his blood either to save or to redeem. You're therefore making mockery of such a great man of God and I call on you to quit using this exclamatory phrase and repent.
Re: Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos by mrchineke: 2:22pm On Jun 19, 2019
NDIGBO why?
Re: Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:24pm On Jun 19, 2019
stieyven:

DO you know that it's a sin to say "blood of Zachariah" as an exclamation. The prophet zechariah never shed his blood either to save or to redeem. You're therefore making mockery of such a great man of God and I call on you to quit using this exclamatory phrase and repent.
Noted.
Thanks sir!

3 Likes

Re: Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos by bixton(m): 2:27pm On Jun 19, 2019
sleekman:
A very large proportion of palm oil in Nigeria is tainted with dye. It's a very sad reality. No matter how bad it gets, I can never taint palm oil I produce. People do all sorts to make fast money these days. People erroneously believe that the redder and more good looking the palm oil is, the better. Mehn you are so wrong. Let me educate most of you on how to buy original palm oil.
1. Smell the palm oil. Palm oil has a faint sometimes a bit more pronounced roasted smell. You may not get this smell from pronounced producers like Okomu, Presco, etc because they use a different process to purify and dehydrating their oils.
2. Palm oil at room temperature will have a viscous bottom layer, semi-viscous middle layer, and a less viscous top layer.
3. The colour of the bottom layer is a shade lighter than the middle which in turn is a shade lighter than the top.
Take a white piece of paper, a spoon, a small container like a small tomato tin and about 10-30cl of water along with you to the market.
Tell the seller to stir the palm oil in the container and after that, take just a spoon of the oil and mix with a spoon of water. After stirring pour the mixture on the paper. If there is dye in it then you should see water and dye separated from the oil across the paper.

Are you a palm oil producer or seller?

From where I come from and where we buy mostly nobody will let you try that.
Though there are other methods we use to test such and for those buying in large quantities.
Re: Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos by IJEYdiamond(f): 2:47pm On Jun 19, 2019
Its well with those up north... not trying to be sarcastic..
What will you say about Yam they sell.. Buying yam only to find out its all rotten..

Thank God you are safe and sound!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cooking Beans Can Be Very Frustrating (see Pics) / English Names For Naija Native Foods / The African Civet Killed By A Man In Nnewi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.