Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) (31070 Views)

What Is The Full Meaning Of GSS In School Pls / I Have Lost Interest In School / Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by valves: 9:54am On Jun 21, 2019
Well, to be honest OP, I think you should try and finish your studies. Afterwards you can pursue whatever it is that you want to do for the rest of your life. Since you have come this far, IMO it doesn't make any sense to dropout. I have a friend back then in Uni who lost interest in our final year. I pleaded with him to endure for one more year, but he refused. Now he is trying to make ends meet by doing menial jobs. There is nothing wrong with doing menial jobs by the way, just he has lost that extra advantage of being a graduate cos his options are limited.

3 Likes

Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by dingbang(m): 10:02am On Jun 21, 2019
May be law is not for you..try another course
Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by JhyMedex: 10:14am On Jun 21, 2019
you have to try and see it through @BathingSoap..Towards the end of uni..I had this dis case of severe demotivation..But I called home ..talkwd to mum told her what I'm feeling ..She understood n encouraged me...

I would not lie n tell u I suddenly felt motivated but it was a major step on the way to recovery...

U r Man bruh..U have to push through to the finish line...

1 Like

Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 21, 2019
BathingSoap:
This might be a long read guys pls don't be angry with me. I have been a guest on Nland for a while but decided to create this monicker for this purpose.

So this all started when i entered the university in fact i'm now in my finals but as it is now i'm laying on my bed facing the ceiling and we have a test going on in class, i have missed about 3 tests since this semester started but i don't seem to feel alarmed by that, i'll probably have an extra year too the way i'm going but i can't just push myself to get up and read and to wash my uniform being a law student.

Now i feel this is partially because of the fact that i have come to believe school is not for me...i have never been a bright student right from primary school...when i entered the uni as a freshman i had the dreams every fresher had which is to come out with a first class and i worked very hard for it, went for night class every day without sleeping even for a minute, but any time grades came out i always come out at the bottom of the food chain.

I have tried hard to demystify the exact cause of my failure in academics but found no answers, could it be my hand writing, or i don't understand what i read or i'm not good in cramming textbook case laws and sections, or could it be because my brain is just not acclimatized to school and the rigours that come with it.

I have put in effort to handle all these supposed problems but none if them have come to fruition, even to the point that i bought a handwriting book to help improve my handwriting ...yeah i was that desperate

Reality dawned on me tho when my year 2 and 3 results were nothing to write home about...then i started losing interest...hardly go to class even though there is a test...i always say to myself stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results so if i can read and study so much without being able to secure even a C in my courses then i'd rather not try.

Its funny tho that in my year 4 i made more than half a million rendering freelance services to people online...this also fueled my loss of interest in school, I'd rather be committed to something that pays me. I feel bad for mum tho, she put in all this effort to make me learned and give me a good future and she has already started saving for my law school but i know deep down that i am a nut case and can't ever compete with my peers academically.

I have tried my best in fact i'm crying right now, school has always made me feel like a lesser human, i always come out last...i really don't know what to do with life anymore ...i mean why is life so partial and unfair, why can't i be like those bright students...

I brought this here because i believe my Nairaland family will help me get through this terrible faze of my life.

I'll really appreciate if more people get to see this

Thank you

You just need to identify your area of strength. The scenario you painted perfectly describes by first 5 years in the university studying engineering. I failed like a motherfucker. I left engineering for social sciences( after 5 years ooo) and I excelled like a motherfucker.

Now I’m in the finance field where I fit like a fucking glove. Just try another course and you’ll be fine. You’re not a dullard. Nobody is

1 Like

Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by mhizsuzzy(f): 12:38pm On Jun 21, 2019
Ttrrffyyghuuh:

This is deep, while i don't fully agree with his fiancee's stance, i admit that's life, i wonder how and when a piece of paper became so powerful. In the end really it wasn't about his education honestly, he just wasn't financially buoyant enough to account for his academic shortfall
I agree with the fiancee's, always Marry someone in the same reason, thoughts and principles with you.it can be a serious problem later in marriage.
I am not interested in how much you make but I am interested in whether you went to school. We need to think alike and when you met one you will see the huge gap difference between you two due to lack of further education....
Ask your president Is he reason well?
Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by Sambaby7640: 12:38pm On Jun 21, 2019
BathingSoap:
i'll try to find the motivation to complete the course even tho there's a high probability that i won't find any.
bro just complete it,just rough it out anyhow. Trust me you will definitely regret it if you back out now that you have cone this far.

1 Like

Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by photon3106: 12:42pm On Jun 21, 2019
grandstar:

First and foremost, my sympathies.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Failing at academics isn't the same as failing in life. Only quitters ever loose in life

I read estate.management. One of the guys I was classmates with had an 2 extra years. Yet, he was the first amongst my peers to make 5million in a deal.

Another classmates who had about lots of carryovers is now a lecturer in South Africa!

Because you're doing badly in your academics does not therefore mean you'll fail as a lawyer. The 2 are vastly different worlds.

Don't let online freelancing deceive you. In the short term, it's okay but not so in the long term. There seems to be a glass ceiling. It's best as part time income and not full time one. My junior brother's into it so I have a very good clue about it's. It's extremely competitive and earnings non commensurate with your input due to brutal competition from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. I'm a heavy user of Fiverr as a buyer.

Ensure you finish your law degree and go for law school. When done, work a few years to gain experience and you can set up on your own

Excellent! OP. Note this!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by OILOFGLADNESS: 12:59pm On Jun 21, 2019
BathingSoap:
This might be a long read guys pls don't be angry with me. I have been a guest on Nland for a while but decided to create this monicker for this purpose.

So this all started when i entered the university in fact i'm now in my finals but as it is now i'm laying on my bed facing the ceiling and we have a test going on in class, i have missed about 3 tests since this semester started but i don't seem to feel alarmed by that, i'll probably have an extra year too the way i'm going but i can't just push myself to get up and read and to wash my uniform being a law student.

Now i feel this is partially because of the fact that i have come to believe school is not for me...i have never been a bright student right from primary school...when i entered the uni as a freshman i had the dreams every fresher had which is to come out with a first class and i worked very hard for it, went for night class every day without sleeping even for a minute, but any time grades came out i always come out at the bottom of the food chain.

I have tried hard to demystify the exact cause of my failure in academics but found no answers, could it be my hand writing, or i don't understand what i read or i'm not good in cramming textbook case laws and sections, or could it be because my brain is just not acclimatized to school and the rigours that come with it.

I have put in effort to handle all these supposed problems but none if them have come to fruition, even to the point that i bought a handwriting book to help improve my handwriting ...yeah i was that desperate

Reality dawned on me tho when my year 2 and 3 results were nothing to write home about...then i started losing interest...hardly go to class even though there is a test...i always say to myself stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results so if i can read and study so much without being able to secure even a C in my courses then i'd rather not try.

Its funny tho that in my year 4 i made more than half a million rendering freelance services to people online...this also fueled my loss of interest in school, I'd rather be committed to something that pays me. I feel bad for mum tho, she put in all this effort to make me learned and give me a good future and she has already started saving for my law school but i know deep down that i am a nut case and can't ever compete with my peers academically.

I have tried my best in fact i'm crying right now, school has always made me feel like a lesser human, i always come out last...i really don't know what to do with life anymore ...i mean why is life so partial and unfair, why can't i be like those bright students...

I brought this here because i believe my Nairaland family will help me get through this terrible faze of my life.

Thank you

WAOOO, VERY TOUCHING AND I HOPE YOU READ MY RESPONSE

I AM RESPONDING BECAUSE YOU ARE REALLY GENUINE

MY DEAR, YOU ARE NOT LESS HUMAN

YOU ARE WONDERFULLY INTELLIGENT WHEN YOU FIND THE RIGHT DESTINY FOR YOU

I AM VERY SURE THAT IT WAS YOUR MUM THAT PUSHED YOU TO READ LAW AND SURE SHE PAID TO GET YOU INTO SCHOOL , ALOT OF CHILDREN ARE LIKE THAT,

THE FACTS:

1.. EVERYONE HAVE A DESTINY: SOMETIMES WHAT WE DESIRE OR WHAT OUR PARENTS DESIRES FOR US IS NEVER OUR DESTINY

2. WHEN YOU MISS YOUR DESTINY PATH, YOU WILL DEFINITELY STRUGGLE
3. YOUR COMING BEHIND IN CLASS WHILE IN ELEMENTARY AND SECONDARY IS NOT BECAUSE YOU ARE DULL BUT BECAUSE YOU NEVER FOCUSED AS A CHILD, THERE WAS NO PROPER GUIDANCE ON THE BENEFIT OF EDUCATION, SO YOU GREW SEEING IT AS A FORMALITY

4. I HOPE TO SHARE THE STORY OF SOMEONE I know So MUCH KNOW IN HERE, LACK OF PROPER GUIDANCE MADE HIM TO HATE EDUCATION, WHILE IN PRIMARY SCHOOL, HE REPEATS CLASS, INFACT HE RUNS AWAY FROM CLASS, UNTIL HIS ELDER BROTHER WHO HAPPENED TO BE IN BOARDING SCHOOL VOWED TO COACH HIM,, TO CUT THE LONG STORY SHOT,

TODAY HE MADE FIRST CLASS, TODAY HE BAGGED MASTERS FROM PREMIER COLLEGE LONDON ON SCHOLARSHIP, TODAY HE IS DOING HIS PHD OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY ON SCHOLARSHIP.

5. THOUGH IT IS SEEMS TOO LATE TO SHARPEN YOU, BUT LAW IS NOT FOR YOU , I AM SURE YOU WILL DO WELL IN PUBLIC STUDIES,

6.YOU HAVE TO PROMISE YOURSELF TO ATLEAST FINISH YOUR SCHOOL SINCE YOU ARE ALREADY IN YOUR FINAL YEAR FOR THE SAKE OF UR MUM

7. TO DO THIS YOU NEED GOOD FRIEND IN YOUR LEVEL, SERIOUS AND COMMITTED FRIEND, WALK UP TO ONE OF THEM AND SPEAK TO HIM OR HER ( I HAD ALOT OF PERSONS LIKE THIS WHEN I WAS IN SCHOOL ( ENGINEERING), I HELPED ALOT TO SCARE THROUGH, I THOUGHT ALOT HOW TO READ, I GAVE ALOT MY SUMMARY NOTE TO READ FOR EXAM, ALOT OF PERSONS ENGAGED ME IN DISCUSSION 1 WEEK TO EXAMS) I AM PROUD OF IT THOUGH AFTER SCHOOL MOST OF THEM SEEMS TO FORGET EASILY , EXCEPT 3 OF THEM WHO BEGGED TO MARRY ME, AND I REFUSE COS THEIR APPROCH MADE IT LOOK LIKE A PAY BACK GESTURE , THEY EVEN MADE ME BELIEVE THEY WANTED TO USE MARRIAGE AS A PAY BACK,.thats by d way

8.AFTER school, sure you wont use the certificate but please get it for your mum, so that she will be happy, Then find YOUR PATH, YOUR FREELANCING IS GOOD, YOU CAN TAKE IT TO NEXT LEVEL.

9.FINALLY AND TH MOST IMPORTANT,DONT FORGET THAT THE OWNER OF KNOWLEDGE LOVES YOU AND HE IS KNOCKING AT THE DOOR OF YOUR HEART, GIVE HIM CHANCE TODAY AND YOU WILL BE HAPPY EVER AFTER!!!

GOD BLESS YOU

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by achimendy(m): 1:51pm On Jun 21, 2019
Like the bible says the gift of a man maketh room for him. It might be that your gift is in that freelancing business of yours, so I will encourage you to hold it tight and think of how to improve on it. like me, am a graduate of Bayero University but am good in football and that's where my mind is now nothing more than that. But my little advice again is, since you are in your final year just try and finish it so that mumsy money no go waste, but after graduation Bleep the law school and focus on freelancing..... But make sure you make mumsy understand.
Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by ayayamedia(m): 2:43pm On Jun 21, 2019
Hi Bro, sent you a pm

1 Like

Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by CoolJulian: 4:03pm On Jun 21, 2019
@ OP, from your write up, I deduce that you are not dull, in fact, you are smarter than a lot of graduates of Nigerian universities, who graduate with very good grades. Never look down on yourself, do not let anyone look down on you!

However, I think you are in a wrong field, you either have not much ability or passion for Law, otherwise, you'd always enjoy studying it. I therefore could have advised that you change your course of study, but you have gone too far; much resources have been spent, your mum's expectation, being that you graduate successfully. So, please, hold on, work extremely hard, find out what each lecturer wants, as regards how students answer their exam questions, find out what you never did right so as to correct them, the pattern of study that fits you,interact with best students in your department and find at least one of them to trust with your problems.

Remember, you could always go back to school (to study a course you have ability at) later if you're unsatisfied with the grade with which you graduate. The key word is "complete it".Even if you do not make use of the certificate afterwards, you would have made your mum happy, you'll feel more complete, you may still need it in the future, however.

I wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by seanjy4konji: 4:18pm On Jun 21, 2019
try and finish that school and just have the paper to put a the bottom of your traveling bag.

1 Like

Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by DaddyBen009: 6:14pm On Jun 21, 2019
JhyMedex:
you have to try and see it through @BathingSoap..Towards the end of uni..I had this dis case of severe demotivation..But I called home ..talkwd to mum told her what I'm feeling ..She understood n encouraged me...

I would not lie n tell u I suddenly felt motivated but it was a major step on the way to recovery...

U r Man bruh..U have to push through to the finish line...
How did you make them to reason along with you ?
Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by DaddyBen009: 6:27pm On Jun 21, 2019
BathingSoap:

Thank you
OP I will be as apt as possible here. I’m in same shoe with you ,studying law in one the leading institution in the country too, just that I’ve found a lil passion to pull through now irrespective of the fact that I had lost considerable time on the past. My advice, find someone to confide in, male most preferably a girl wouldn’t help, it didn’t help me and I’m sure it won’t help you either coz I feel you couldn’t have been as worse as I was then which I’m still in the process of recovering fully out of this mess too .
You are going to face your extra year be aware of that and it unless you don’t have something that triggers sadness in you which you wanna correct is that moment when you can admit that you’re FAILURE,which you don’t wanna be .
Bro, man up . A pass for Gani Fawehinmi and the famous Femi Falana are not hinderance to their lives coz no one will ask you at gatherings what you graduated with, rather they will prefer to ask “What do you for a living” which you and I would be glad at that moment to say “I’m a lawyer” and then you will not add “that graduated with a pass” abi we will ?? HELL NO!
Finishing your law degree is and extra advantage coz you can enrol in various postgraduate diploma in any area of interest which if completed can be used to obtain a Masters of Law. Am I communicating my brethren!?

DO NOT GIVE UP!

1 Like

Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by DaddyBen009: 6:30pm On Jun 21, 2019
OILOFGLADNESS:

WAOOO, VERY TOUCHING AND I HOPE YOU READ MY RESPONSE

I AM RESPONDING BECAUSE YOU ARE REALLY GENUINE

MY DEAR, YOU ARE NOT LESS HUMAN

YOU ARE WONDERFULLY INTELLIGENT WHEN YOU FIND THE RIGHT DESTINY FOR YOU

I AM VERY SURE THAT IT WAS YOUR MUM THAT PUSHED YOU TO READ LAW AND SURE SHE PAID TO GET YOU INTO SCHOOL , ALOT OF CHILDREN ARE LIKE THAT,

THE FACTS:

1.. EVERYONE HAVE A DESTINY: SOMETIMES WHAT WE DESIRE OR WHAT OUR PARENTS DESIRES FOR US IS NEVER OUR DESTINY

2. WHEN YOU MISS YOUR DESTINY PATH, YOU WILL DEFINITELY STRUGGLE
3. YOUR COMING BEHIND IN CLASS WHILE IN ELEMENTARY AND SECONDARY IS NOT BECAUSE YOU ARE DULL BUT BECAUSE YOU NEVER FOCUSED AS A CHILD, THERE WAS NO PROPER GUIDANCE ON THE BENEFIT OF EDUCATION, SO YOU GREW SEEING IT AS A FORMALITY

4. I HOPE TO SHARE THE STORY OF SOMEONE I know So MUCH KNOW IN HERE, LACK OF PROPER GUIDANCE MADE HIM TO HATE EDUCATION, WHILE IN PRIMARY SCHOOL, HE REPEATS CLASS, INFACT HE RUNS AWAY FROM CLASS, UNTIL HIS ELDER BROTHER WHO HAPPENED TO BE IN BOARDING SCHOOL VOWED TO COACH HIM,, TO CUT THE LONG STORY SHOT,

TODAY HE MADE FIRST CLASS, TODAY HE BAGGED MASTERS FROM PREMIER COLLEGE LONDON ON SCHOLARSHIP, TODAY HE IS DOING HIS PHD OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY ON SCHOLARSHIP.

5. THOUGH IT IS SEEMS TOO LATE TO SHARPEN YOU, BUT LAW IS NOT FOR YOU , I AM SURE YOU WILL DO WELL IN PUBLIC STUDIES,

6.YOU HAVE TO PROMISE YOURSELF TO ATLEAST FINISH YOUR SCHOOL SINCE YOU ARE ALREADY IN YOUR FINAL YEAR FOR THE SAKE OF UR MUM

7. TO DO THIS YOU NEED GOOD FRIEND IN YOUR LEVEL, SERIOUS AND COMMITTED FRIEND, WALK UP TO ONE OF THEM AND SPEAK TO HIM OR HER ( I HAD ALOT OF PERSONS LIKE THIS WHEN I WAS IN SCHOOL ( ENGINEERING), I HELPED ALOT TO SCARE THROUGH, I THOUGHT ALOT HOW TO READ, I GAVE ALOT MY SUMMARY NOTE TO READ FOR EXAM, ALOT OF PERSONS ENGAGED ME IN DISCUSSION 1 WEEK TO EXAMS) I AM PROUD OF IT THOUGH AFTER SCHOOL MOST OF THEM SEEMS TO FORGET EASILY , EXCEPT 3 OF THEM WHO BEGGED TO MARRY ME, AND I REFUSE COS THEIR APPROCH MADE IT LOOK LIKE A PAY BACK GESTURE , THEY EVEN MADE ME BELIEVE THEY WANTED TO USE MARRIAGE AS A PAY BACK,.thats by d way

8.AFTER school, sure you wont use the certificate but please get it for your mum, so that she will be happy, Then find YOUR PATH, YOUR FREELANCING IS GOOD, YOU CAN TAKE IT TO NEXT LEVEL.

9.FINALLY AND TH MOST IMPORTANT,DONT FORGET THAT THE OWNER OF KNOWLEDGE LOVES YOU AND HE IS KNOCKING AT THE DOOR OF YOUR HEART, GIVE HIM CHANCE TODAY AND YOU WILL BE HAPPY EVER AFTER!!!

GOD BLESS YOU

I’m in the same shoe with the OP
Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by TechCapon(m): 6:31pm On Jun 21, 2019
MrMumu:

Na yahoo e dey do no mind am
lol You dey vex o bros

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by DaddyBen009: 6:32pm On Jun 21, 2019
ayayamedia:
Hi Bro, sent you a pm
Can I reach you on WhatsApp bro
Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by asalimpo(m): 7:38pm On Jun 21, 2019
mhizsuzzy:

I agree with the fiancee's, always Marry someone in the same reason, thoughts and principles with you.it can be a serious problem later in marriage.
I am not interested in how much you make but I am interested in whether you went to school. We need to think alike and when you met one you will see the huge gap difference between you two due to lack of further education....
Ask your president Is he reason well?
one of d smartest person i know has only secondary sch education. He's eloquent intelligent nd engaging but socially n financially at the lowest rung of d social ladder. Once a person is articulate, he can match most minds even a phD/professor mind. There's nothing abt a 1-2yr msc programme that will suddenly make others u could relate with fluently bf unable to cope with u.
Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by JhyMedex: 7:51pm On Jun 21, 2019
DaddyBen009:

How did you make them to reason along with you ?
I wasn't thinking of dropping out...tins in skul jst got so choked up..I was beginning to feel overwhelmed..
Mum's word got me on the path to recovery..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by grandstar(m): 8:58pm On Jun 21, 2019
BathingSoap:

Thank you

One of the beauty of reading a professional course is that it can bring income for you out of the blues.

A good friend of mine read political science and his dad encouraged him to further read law.

This he did grudgingly and he finished years ago

His law firm is about to make about 400,000 just for preparing a lease agreement! The same with many other similar professions

Yes, people may say the economy is tight and things aren't moving but trust me on this, professionals still do quite well.

Architects and civil engineers are making money. Land surveyors are making money. They may be told to survey a large parcel of land by a community and they may be paid in in land. You'll find out that surveyors own large acreages of land in many communities. That is the beauty of practising your course. The first few years may be rough but you'll find your feet. It starts little by little and then you have a snowball effect.

As a freelancer, you even have an edge against many of mates. Upon finishing your NYSC, you can work for a law firm even for free if it dictates (in the event you finish with a poor grade) to gain the needed experience. You can use your online freelancing to sustain yourself.

When you decide to go on your own, you can do"charge and bail" and other things to make money. You can also dabble into estate agency like many lawyers do. You even have an advantage. You can let the agents keep the agency fee while you keep the legal. They'll be hungry to market "your properties". Also urge them to bring legal work that you'll settle them.

What is most important is that you finish. I'm talking from experience. I didn't complete my NYSC and it affected me. It is important you finish what you start. It is good not only for yourself but your mind. It tells your mind you're not a quitter!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by ayayamedia(m): 9:23pm On Jun 21, 2019
DaddyBen009:

Can I reach you on WhatsApp bro
Yes of course... 08028595131 or 07069172288
Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by Admitwithschola: 9:30pm On Jun 21, 2019
Profit from the market without your own capital.
Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by writeprof(m): 11:12pm On Jun 21, 2019
Complete what you started sir. You still need the law in whatever field you decide to stay.
Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by seye15627(m): 9:55am On Jun 22, 2019
I guess your result doesn't commensurate with your effort which naturally kills morale or any confidence. If you don't mind, I can help increase your academic performance with a practical approach that helped me out of a similar case as well as my siblings. Send me a DM.
Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by budaatum: 8:11pm On Oct 27, 2019
I remember then when everyone advised you and I hoped you'd listened then. Now see yourself!

I can only hope you are a lesson to others.
BathingSoap:
Few months ago, i created a thread on front page on how i have lost interest in school and education because of my poor academic performance

https://www.nairaland.com/5253585/help....i-lost-interest-school-pls

Today i just found out that i failed two of my final year papers, thus giving me an extra year, i didn't know at first but as my mom kept pestering me to apply for law school, i had to check the list my school forwarded to Abuja, Garki, for those eligible to apply for law school, and discovered my name was not included.

I was discombobulated because i already made good the due process involved in the application prior to this day, i was advised by colleagues to check my result and lo and behold i failed 2 courses in my second semester yr 5.

I have failed my parents, especially my mom who invested a lot in my schooling, i might not be able to go back to the school for the extra year, i don't even know how to tell my parents, or what to do next, if i had known i would never have attended the uni, rather would have learnt a skill or focused on freelancing but i guess its all too late now.

Lalasticlala

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Does Intelligence Depends More On The Environment Than Genetic Factors / Anambra University Lecturer Holds Anas Masked-Themed Investigative Class / Please Advice; Degree In Nursing Or Degree In Electrical Engineering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.