Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,836 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

Joomla Extensions Development: Modules, Themes And Components [oops, And Plugin] - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Joomla Extensions Development: Modules, Themes And Components [oops, And Plugin] (1133 Views)

Panama Paper: Wordpress Plugin, Possible Cause Of Hack - Wordfence / Wordpress Custom Themes And Plugin Development / Wordpress Theme Development And Plugin Development Tutorial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joomla Extensions Development: Modules, Themes And Components [oops, And Plugin] by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 05, 2010
We are going to be looking at joomla extensions development on this thread. There are 5 different types of joomla extensions:

There are 5 types of joomla extensions:
- Module
- Template
- Component
- Plugin
- Language

You can find a very good illustration of extensions explained on this website

For the purpose of this thread, all references are going to be based on joomla 1.5 version. You can get a copy from www.joomla.org

Warning: I will not post anything twice on this thread, if the spam bot swallows anything, i will leave it like that, and assume it posted
Re: Joomla Extensions Development: Modules, Themes And Components [oops, And Plugin] by shintaku(m): 10:48am On Oct 05, 2010
Thanks man for this decision to start J- Extentios development tut. I have been waiting for a thread like this!

@*dhtml, for the purpose of full comprehesion, I will suggest that if the spam bot swallows any of Tutorial post, kindly post it else where (e.g on your blog)
Hope u will understand me.
Re: Joomla Extensions Development: Modules, Themes And Components [oops, And Plugin] by mcfranc(m): 12:27pm On Oct 05, 2010
Am in for this. Will follow all the way
Re: Joomla Extensions Development: Modules, Themes And Components [oops, And Plugin] by lojik(m): 12:48pm On Oct 05, 2010
To create any joomla extension, you need a fair knowledge of php and xml. But dont worry if you are not familiar with xml. We'll give examples here.
The simplest modules have at least two files
[list]
[li]mod_modulename.php[/li]
[li]mod_modulename.xml[/li]
[/list]

If u dont know what a joomla module is, visit the link provided by *dhtml.

I'll be creating a feedback module for joomla (without captcha).
Re: Joomla Extensions Development: Modules, Themes And Components [oops, And Plugin] by lojik(m): 1:41pm On Oct 05, 2010
Well, thats it! spam bot just swallowed my tutorial on the xml configuration file. I dont wanna be bann.ed a 3rd time so i'll just wait till 2moro b4 reposting it.

OK. i've posted the blocked post here: http://www.lekeojikutu.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=48&Itemid=96

I'll continue on this thread. Hopefully it won't be bocked again
Re: Joomla Extensions Development: Modules, Themes And Components [oops, And Plugin] by shintaku(m): 3:53pm On Oct 05, 2010
@lojik, Instead of waiting till 2umoro why don'nt u just post the tut some where e.g ur blog. I can wait ooooo.
Re: Joomla Extensions Development: Modules, Themes And Components [oops, And Plugin] by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 05, 2010
Not in anyway trying to interfere. But i think it would not be bad if you guys, intimate proposed learners of the end target application/applications, after the tutorial.

At least that will arouse their interest!
Re: Joomla Extensions Development: Modules, Themes And Components [oops, And Plugin] by Nobody: 5:44am On Oct 06, 2010
Very good, lojik is doing well. Lets follow what he is posting. When we are done with the modules, maybe i will take the next extension either template or component.
I have this widget on my website that allows you to create skeleton joomla modules, as in, it will generate a downloadable zip that will install into your joomla backend, so all you need to do is install it first, then modify the code and view the output from the frontend of your joomla.
You will find it on my site tools kits - http://.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4&Itemid=5
It is called Joomla Module Wizard
Re: Joomla Extensions Development: Modules, Themes And Components [oops, And Plugin] by lordjacky(f): 4:04am On Oct 09, 2010
Need a Website?Need it fast,Professional And most important Cheap?Contact us now On www.simplexlinx.com Or call us on 08034616855.
Re: Joomla Extensions Development: Modules, Themes And Components [oops, And Plugin] by lojik(m): 11:12pm On Oct 09, 2010
I cant continue posting on this thread because d spam bot just keeps swallowing my codes.
If there's no way around this bot thingy, i suggest dhtml should just continue in his own way.
Re: Joomla Extensions Development: Modules, Themes And Components [oops, And Plugin] by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 12, 2010
the spam bot made me stop posting as well, it has frustrated me so much too. Well, let the readers of the poster come up with a suggestion.

(1) (Reply)

Drupal 7x How To Used Exposed Filters For Auto Select Of Field Types / Adsense Earners Please Advice Me. / Can I Go For Adsense Account Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.