Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) (34145 Views)

"Fathala Wildlife Reserve In Senegal" Where You Can Chill With A Lion With A St / The New Face Of Oyingbo BRT Park - Photos / Gay Lions Getting Intimate At Kenya's National Park (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by Mryacks: 2:36pm On Jun 20, 2019
You are so right...that is state of the park nowadays. Wasn't always like this many years ago when we were growing up...even only the State government will allow private control. It's such an adventurous park..
Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by Akabuking: 2:40pm On Jun 20, 2019
lost Glory everywhere.
Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by greenprince(m): 3:34pm On Jun 20, 2019
Princedapace:
All they do is wait for oil money to be shared..

Any youth who doesnt believe and protest for the dissolution of this country is an enemy of the country itself.

If we had a system where states dont get any money from central govt, no one would go into government except he or she has something proper to offer and generate money for the state.

Nigeria is more useless than uselessness.

I tell you.
Don't be surprised that there are funds allocated for the upkeep of that facility.

The way Nigeria is going, we'll soon be a laughing stock in Africa.

Look at Kenya, Tanzania and Namibia making the most of their natural habitat and raking in millions. These are countries we could buy over decades ago if we wanted but they're not our mates anymore.
Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by Mizwisdom(f): 4:00pm On Jun 20, 2019
daddytime:
Looking at them caged and still breathing, you might think they are lucky to have at least escaped premature death from the hands of hungry humans, unlike their free-range counterparts.

But believe me, theirs is even worse because they'd be made a show of, extorted, not well tended to, and would eventually succumb or even get killed by the same humans.

A very cruel way to be an animal in a zoo.

Didn't you see a lion, the size of an ekuke begging visitors for bread?

But they look well fed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by Mizwisdom(f): 4:06pm On Jun 20, 2019
Xisnin:

Shior!

You spent 200 Naira and expecting a 100K service.
You get what you paid for.

Only N200, and he's still complaining, we expect everything on a platter of gold, if you ask him to pay $1, he will never go there again grin

OP, how much do you think they pay to visit Zoos abroad?

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by bmos(m): 4:11pm On Jun 20, 2019
chiommy123:
Hunger dey everywhere human beings never eat na animals wan come eat

The ops was lucky the hungry tigers didnt make attempt at using him for lunch. Abi supper self. Op when did you enter that park?
Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by Princedapace(m): 4:18pm On Jun 20, 2019
greenprince:

I tell you.
Don't be surprised that there are funds allocated for the upkeep of that facility.

The way Nigeria is going, we'll soon be a laughing stock in Africa.

Look at Kenya, Tanzania and Namibia making the most of their natural habitat and raking in millions. These are countries we could buy over decades ago if we wanted but they're not our mates anymore.

I keep saying this that anyone who truly loves Nigeria should join the movement for a changed constitution. We need a regional system of govt with a weaker central govt. Simple. No more oil sharing revenue.

Every state should manage theirs and pay royalty to the central govt. Simple. if a state does not see oil money, such state will be forced to look for money else where before her citizens eat up the governor.

Also that will reduce the interest in governance to only people who really want to transform these states. States can do business with one another and compete well. These yeye oil money has killed us more. what pains me most is that hungry masses still will kill u if u mention this system of govt to them all becus they want to please their political tribal masters. Foolish masses

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by jaxxy(m): 5:11pm On Jun 20, 2019
nereushouse:
I came to Jos for a short Business trip, so I have decided to sojourn in the City for a couple of days to have a good tourism visits to the beautiful sites of the City.

My first escapade was to the Jos Wildlife Park. I have never been to a Park nor a Zoo hithertho. I decided to visit the Jos Wildlife Park due to its closeness to where I was staying.

I went to the Park excitedly hoping for a beautiful adventure. I paid the compulsory fee sum of N200 for Adults entering to the Park.

Then, I walked straight down to where the animals were caged. Going in, the areas looked so unkept and bushy. Getting to the cages of the animals I discovered most of the cages were either empty or you find skinny animals in the shadow of it selves.
The first animals were two very hungry Ostriches then, l saw an animal looking like a little Tiger looking so hungry, very close to it was a Jackal, it looked so skinny that I wondered the kind of creature it was.
Moving forward, I saw an Elephant being fed by some tourists.

When I got to the cages of Apes, Oh my God. They were so hungry that they were begging for food and edible items from visitors. I saw people throwing all manner of food items at them as food, there were three gorrilas there. The monkeys too looked so hungry and unkept that I thought they were pussy cats. Damn!!
I went to other areas of the Park, I found more empty cages and hungry looking animals.
I felt so disappointed, not even a Staff around the cages to guide people around the Park. Apart form the staff I met at the Entrance gate, I didn't see any other staff inside the Park.

I hereby call on Plateau state Government to do something about the Park or better still convert it to something else.

Nigeria is a country where the people and government know everything yet things don’t work, even the basic of things is a Herculean task to sustain and maintain.

We talk more than we put into actual good actions.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by Magicdon(m): 5:27pm On Jun 20, 2019
Oga dis is a zoo na. U cant stroll inside a wild life park. Unless you are armed with a gun. U must be inn a car to enjoy a park. Else you will be attacked by ferocious animals.
Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by greenprince(m): 6:13pm On Jun 20, 2019
Princedapace:

I keep saying this that anyone who truly loves Nigeria should join the movement for a changed constitution. We need a regional system of govt with a weaker central govt. Simple. No more oil sharing revenue.

Every state should manage theirs and pay royalty to the central govt. Simple. if a state does not see oil money, such state will be forced to look for money else where before her citizens eat up the governor.

Also that will reduce the interest in governance to only people who really want to transform these states. States can do business with one another and compete well. These yeye oil money has killed us more. what pains me most is that hungry masses still will kill u if u mention this system of govt to them all becus they want to please their political tribal masters. Foolish masses

That's the number one problem. Foolish masses unable to even demand the right thing from their government.
Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by chival(f): 8:18pm On Jun 20, 2019
kaorama:
Why waste that precious N200. Something you would have used to buy suya. Going to any kind of site seeing anywhere in Nigeria is like going to the evil forest to fetch firewood. Next time advice yourself well.

The zoo in Ilorin is actually quite nice. The grounds are large and well kept, and the animals are healthy. Camels, donkeys, horses and geese roam free. Visited twice and enjoyed the experience both times.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Air Peace Launches International Operations (Photos) / Top 10 Tourist Attractions In Ekiti State That You Must Visit / How Lady Leaped Into A River From A Speeding Boat In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.