Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,371 members, 7,846,591 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari (28611 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Is A Terrorist - Miyetti Allah Tells FG To Use Force On IPOB Leader / #EndSARS: Hussaini Coomassie Tells Buhari To Use Force Against Protesters / Borno Gov Donates Sambisa Forest For RUGA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by bikefab(m): 10:11am On Jun 20, 2019
Day by day, my thoughts that every politician in the north and most Muslims are sympathetic to terrorism is made stronger by these kind of utterances.
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by koskilala: 10:13am On Jun 20, 2019
Why dem no go use force, abeg whatever it takes to eradicate the nuisance
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by lagosinnovator: 10:14am On Jun 20, 2019
iz dis abirun alright
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Bennycollins: 10:14am On Jun 20, 2019
Seriously, this man is Book Haram
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Proffwhyhurry12(m): 10:15am On Jun 20, 2019
I doubt the sanity of the governor over this statement
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by maxzzo1(m): 10:16am On Jun 20, 2019
Sponsor spotted
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by bestdudes: 10:16am On Jun 20, 2019
malakaimoscondo:
rightly said,as for me and my opinion, bokoharam has come to stay it is a business that spin money for some local and international interest....take for instance,Isil,the super powers sells weapons and made profit through dis sale yet behind the sceen they fuel insurgency.. on many occasions defeated isil unit has been found with Americans made weapons.God help us...terrorism do stay long at anywhere it step it foot.
crap talk. Shebi na where thief see money him go rob? What happens when him no say money no dey?
I blame the naija deltans for keeping silent when the best thing to do is scatter everything so we should all rest. Yes, chase out all oil works and companies, people will lose their jobs for sure but it will press the rest button.
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 20, 2019
Racoon:

And did you also read this...

And you did not read this...

It is also important for those people who have been forced to join the insurgency; if they are integrated into the society, I think this will be good.

The reason why the US has issues in Iraq is because the US just sacked Baath party members like that...which led to many of them formenting the insurgency in Iraq that caused the US so much pain.

On the other hand...back in the 1970's, the minority white government of Rhodesia....integrated former black freedom fioghters in its COIN forces called the Selous Scouts. This was one of the reasons why the Scouts were more effective than other units in the old Rhodesian army...including all white units like the Rhodesian Light Infantry (that had some foreign battle tested vets).

Thing is, we cannot fight Boko with just guns , we also have to start winning hearts and minds. other wise Nigeria would still be fighting this war 70 years from now.

I conclude with what the governor also said...

I’m basically here to discuss with Mr. President on how possible the Federal government can strengthen the current security situation on ground as well as strengthen the means of livelihood of the entire people of Borno State.

“Basically, we want to address the root causes of the insurgency, especially the issue of access roads, access to farm lands and the issue of strengthening the Civilian JTF and the military to do their jobs better than before.

Makes sense to me.

Left to me, if I was Nigerian leader, I would have dealt with IPOB, Boko, Millitants, OPC, HERDSMEN, etc....dealt with them harshly. But if you don't deal with the root causes...you will just cut down the tree...and 10 new ones would grow in its place.
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by achi4u(m): 10:19am On Jun 20, 2019
hisgrace090:
What on earth will they use to tamme this blood sucking vampires masquerading themselves in Nigeria?
Give them their own Islamic country and the problems solved.

Divide the dammed shitholee
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by nauto11: 10:20am On Jun 20, 2019
They should use water. Next level Governor
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by BanevsJoker(m): 10:21am On Jun 20, 2019
tactius:

I am not lying, and I quoted from the OP's article.

See it for yourself.

T

That is the article the OP posted....and the part I quoted is in red.

As for Taqqiyah...what is that? I am a christian anyway....and besides, whatever forces of Islam ranged against the Church, God has promised us his protection.

(And before you shout...the reason why the church in North Africa and Asia Minor fell...they were not an actively witnessing church, nor were they close to Jesus. If they were....)
Read the 5th paragraph.
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by IjebuAssasin: 10:22am On Jun 20, 2019
IsaAbubakar:
apc is bokoharam
confirmed!

Okoro savage spotted!
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by nauto11: 10:26am On Jun 20, 2019
By and large, we are aware of steps the president is willing to take that will virtually bring that issue to a standstill

Why not take the step
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 20, 2019
BanevsJoker:

Read the 5th paragraph.

“But most importantly, there is need for the Federal government to also open other opportunities of bringing down the crisis rather than the kinetic force. [b]It is also important for those people who have been forced to join the insurgency; if they are integrated into the society, I think this will be goo[/b]d.

Note he said ....FORCED....

Also, either we start reintegrating low level fighters....or we get nowhere.

In Liberia...hundreds of thousands of brutal fighters...some of whom committed atrocites as bad as Boko , have been reintegrated into society with the help of the UN years ago.

Reintergration and rehab is an important part of COIN....so that we don't keep on fighting for the enxt 100 years or more.
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by BanevsJoker(m): 10:31am On Jun 20, 2019
tactius:

Note he said ....FORCED....

Also, either we start reintegrating low level fighters....or we get nowhere.

In Liberia...hundreds of thousands of brutal fighters...some of whom committed atrocites as bad as Boko , have been reintegrated into society with the help of the UN years ago.

Reintergration and rehab is an important part of COIN....so that we don't keep on fighting for the enxt 100 years or more.

Keep making excuses for supporters and financers of terrorism. I'm done having this conversation with you.
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by obama30: 10:33am On Jun 20, 2019
KEVIND:

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/dont-use-force-against-insurgents-borno-gov-begs-buhari/

welcome note to south East leaders that sole Kanu to Buahri, Can the south east Governors stand strong and tell Buhari not to use for on IPOB, No they can't neither did Nigerian see anything wrong for governor asking president to be soft to terrorist. had it being that a governor from south East ask Buhari to be soft to IPOB every comment here will be to crucify the governor. Next another governor we beg for president to give protection to Fulani's

1 Like

Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Nobody: 10:45am On Jun 20, 2019
BanevsJoker:

Keep making excuses for supporters and financers of terrorism. I'm done having this conversation with you.

Good morning to you too.

Sorry you can't handle the truth.

If you don't like Muslims or just plain hate them, better get rid of your hate.

As for me, I have every reason to hate Muslims. Muslim mobs have hurt and attacked Chrsitians well well in Nigeria.

But the thing is, one must never have hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Or fear them for that matter. If you want to hate them, that's fine. But beware...

Personally, I blame Northern leaders for coausing Boko Haram. But here is a governor now talking about addressing the root causes of Boko. Which is good for me...because if they leave the matter alone, or use violence only...eventually it would affect us in the South as well....Nigeria united or split into pieces.

Good morning.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Sensimilla: 10:50am On Jun 20, 2019
ollah1:

I dont discuss with dead brains

Like Prophet Muhammed?
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Dreadful: 10:52am On Jun 20, 2019
Have you seen why IPOB wants to break away? See one thing with the rest of Nigerians is that they never learn. So in your minds if BH is done with the North they'll only remain there and won't clamour to rampage and take over other regions? What am I even saying, It has started already with their foot soldiers (their herdsmen). Well, una eyes go soon clear!
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by lereinter(m): 10:54am On Jun 20, 2019
Can't we just seperate and go our different ways
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Reference(m): 10:58am On Jun 20, 2019
I agree totally. You cannot conquer an ideologically driven insurgency by force of arms alone. But the question is, why has the government not been proactive in creating another religious narrative to counter that of Boko Haram.

It is clear that the hearts and minds game is been won by the insurgents presently amongst the citizens of that territory. Is it too much to ask for the government to put programs in place to spread counter islamic perspectives because all what you hear from government and northern elites is a denial of violent links to the religion directed not against the insurgents but against critics and spectators to this horrible tragedy.

It is time to turn the burners low and de-escalate the situation, converting it from a military project to one of law enforcement and criminality. The government's primary target should be the people. They are the fuel that keeps the insurgency running. Educate them, empower them, de-radicalise them and the virus will begin to die.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by LANDLORD72: 10:59am On Jun 20, 2019
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 20, 2019
Kiezodumah:
The single major problem we have in this country aside the minor factors such as corruption, religion and ethnicity is the YORUBA tribe ( Southwest). They are a spineless group of people who are simply blinded by Power Sharing with the North. The North is a plague that is hindering the progress and development of the remaining parts of this fraud system/ structure called Nigeria.
The country is not working and it's so obvious even to the blind. The east ,south south also are agitating. At least we see their struggle and attempts for a referendum. Yorubas claim for oduduwa republic is just a figment of their imagination without any meaningful input and purpose driven agenda.. From the very existence of this country, the Northerners have always occupied the very important sectors of this country( am not even talking of political or ministerial appointments ). Go the sea ports, national airports, air Force ,navy,customs,immigration, let alone army( na Dem full there).Let's not even talk about PMB's appointments since his administration began. Yet we all say they are not well educated. South west wey dey claim say na Dem read book pass yet continue to lick the ass*s of these greedy and religiously blinded people. Wetin Yoruba sef they find by sticking to them??. The S/w can stand and exist on it's own. When u look at admission into tetiary institution ( jamb), they say they are educationally less developed and the requirements and scores were fixed ( reduced ) just to placate and so called "encourage" them. The weaponry of the army is majorly in the North, Nigerian defence academy etc. These people have taken our existence and identity as a nation .It has been their Grand Master plan from inception. There was a time during Ex- president GEJ tenure, they wanted to relocate a tetiary institution for Petroleum resoureces to the north .Just imagine that move.
The monies for crude oil in the south south are been used to search for oil in commercial capacity in the North : this has been ongoing for a long long time before now but was however reduced or brought to a halt when the search wasnt that fruitful. However, in this administration the search and monies channeled for that cause has been tremendously increased: only few people know about this truth. Have u imagined that what if crude oil was discovered in the North in ??1954 or so ,wud we still be together ?
Gold resources been mined inappropriately in kano for several years without Nigerians knowing, who and who have been brought to book to face Justice for the crime they committed ?? There are other mining deposits that exits in the North that we don't know about but explore and keep to themselves. Biafrans never killed people with machete, are and guns yet were tagged terrorists and clamed down like animals for agitating for a refferendum. Ironically Boko Haram and fulani jihadist are tagged saints and rehabilitated into the society.What a shame.. The Yorubas have done more harm than Good our course to finding lasting solution in this country simply because of greed for POWER. Mind you I am not from the East.

I feel your frustrations my osu brother. This same frustrations and Lamentations killed your forebears. It will destroy you. Keep blaming Yoruba for your woes. Your pain continues.......
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Buharipapanyash: 11:14am On Jun 20, 2019
klas:
The content is not in tandem with the headline.

He only asked that options should not be limited to force alone
pls what other options should be considered, just name some
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 20, 2019
Sensimilla:

Like Prophet Muhammed?

Like jesus
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Codes151(m): 11:24am On Jun 20, 2019
Them them them
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Codes151(m): 11:24am On Jun 20, 2019
Them them
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 20, 2019
They have scammed over 190 million nigerians grin

We 5%s always knows the trick before it even begin to play out

Proudly 5%

Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by balonaija(f): 11:27am On Jun 20, 2019
but how?
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by MikeBetty(m): 11:30am On Jun 20, 2019
Northern Politicians Will Not Be Alive If They Swear That They Are Not Behind Bokoharam. They Use It As Pipeline To siphone Public Fund.
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Brightest04(m): 11:31am On Jun 20, 2019
The handwriting is clearly on the wall, Borno leaders created Boko Haram,naturing it and doesn't want it exterminated.Thanks to the governor for making us to know this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Otu Inyang Shot Dead After Church Service In Akwa Ibom / Meet Tola Odeyemi, NIPOST Postmaster General, CEO / Who Is The Best Or Worst Governor In The South South.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.