Stats: 3,157,920 members, 7,835,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

What Can I Do To Stop This Driving Habit? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Can I Do To Stop This Driving Habit? (1007 Views)

How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic / Toyota’s New Self-driving Car Has Two Steering / Toyota To Stop The Production Of FJ Cruiser With The Final Edition (2) (3) (4)

What Can I Do To Stop This Driving Habit? by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:56pm On Jun 20, 2019
I have a driving habit I'm worried about and I feel I should ask people.
For some years now, I have discovered that I can't drive without playing music. It's not like I'm a musician but I love music and listening to music definitely motivates me in everything I do. Back when I was in school, I couldn't read without listening to music and my friends den thought I was crazy but I did well in school so nobody had the chance to blame anything on music.
Now since I bought my first car in 2016 and then my second in 2018, I realised the addiction has grown even more serious.
I always feel like there is something off when I'm driving and music is not playing... Coupled with the fact that hearing the sound of engine is a turn off.
Now I'm worried about it, just last week, I drove for more than 1 hour without noticing that there was a noise coming from the suspensions of my front wheels and it was really uncomfortable to the hear.
Then I've had a few instances where music will prevent me from hearing horns from other vehicles trying to overtake me.
Not that I play loud music.... Damnit, I play loud music when on the highway but not on the streets cuz I hate being noticed.
Question is, what are the likely dangers I'm exposed to by doing this?
Is there a way I can stop this?
And is there a law that says drivers are not allowed to play loud music when driving?
Re: What Can I Do To Stop This Driving Habit? by Jmk9292(m): 1:04pm On Jun 20, 2019
Music is not bad except when it hinders you from hearing things happening outside..... Don't play loud
Re: What Can I Do To Stop This Driving Habit? by RZArecta2(m): 3:20pm On Jun 20, 2019
Don't worry, when time reach you'll revert. It's not really a problem though as long as it doesn't disturb concentration
Re: What Can I Do To Stop This Driving Habit? by laivwire(m): 9:22pm On Jun 20, 2019
It’s like you don’t drive lonely roads late at night. You won’t be warned before you mute the radio.

FOR SALE: Ford Edge 2008 Model / My Peugeot 206cc Constantly Cuts Fan Belts / The First Volcano Powered Super Car. 2021 Koenigsegg Gemera