Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,689 members, 7,831,131 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Difference Between Rusticated And Expelled - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Difference Between Rusticated And Expelled (9876 Views)

UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist / I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. / UNILAG Student Rusticated For Twerking With The Statue Of Former VC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between Rusticated And Expelled by tunjilee003: 7:33pm On Jun 20, 2019
in higher institutions i do hear stories of people being rusticated or expelled due to one reasons or The other.... but I don't really know The difference between both, anyone with a tangible idea is welcome... thanks in anticipation
Re: Difference Between Rusticated And Expelled by AdeniyiA(m): 7:35pm On Jun 20, 2019
tunjilee003:
in higher institutions i do hear stories of people being rusticated or expelled due to one reasons or The other.... but I don't really know The difference between both, anyone with a tangible idea is welcome... thanks in anticipation

Google is your friend

7 Likes

Re: Difference Between Rusticated And Expelled by Generalwoodz(m): 11:00pm On Jun 20, 2019
Rusticated: you go tey and almost rust for you house. Expell: you are completely finished..

5 Likes

Re: Difference Between Rusticated And Expelled by nopretense: 11:09pm On Jun 20, 2019
tunjilee003:
To the best of my knowledge, expulsion means sending a student out of a school totally while rustication is like a long-term suspension, the student may or may not be recalled

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Rusticated And Expelled by OKOATA(m): 11:57pm On Jun 20, 2019
I checked the dictionary both have same meaning but rusticated also mean to suspend or expel.....

3 Likes

Re: Difference Between Rusticated And Expelled by micfoley: 12:05am On Jun 21, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Difference Between Rusticated And Expelled by otipoju(m): 1:09am On Jun 21, 2019
OKOATA:
I checked the dictionary both have same meaning but rusticated also mean to suspend or expel.....

Did you not learn what a Synonym means?

4 Likes

Re: Difference Between Rusticated And Expelled by femi4: 6:05am On Jun 21, 2019
tunjilee003:
Both are the same. The third one you didn't add is "suspension" which is a temporary lay off from school for one or two semesters for a committed offence.
Re: Difference Between Rusticated And Expelled by respect80(m): 6:46am On Jun 21, 2019
@Op, use this link to know more [url=google.com]difference between expel and rusticate[/url]
Re: Difference Between Rusticated And Expelled by omorkelly(m): 6:55am On Jun 21, 2019
send down; rusticate: suspend temporarily from college or university.
Am sure you know what "expelled" means

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Rusticated And Expelled by stanley000: 8:11am On Jun 21, 2019
Rustication is usually as a result of lite offences such as exam malpractice or fighting while expulsion is a punishment for criminal offences like cultism,rape,riot etc know the difference. My friend was rusticated for one year due to exam expo and he stayed a year behind while another one O2 was expelled coz he was a cultist, he never got to graduate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Rusticated And Expelled by Binidefender: 8:26am On Jun 21, 2019
tunjilee003:
Which one did they give you, let's start from the there
Re: Difference Between Rusticated And Expelled by respect80(m): 9:08am On Jun 21, 2019
stanley000:

Rustication is usually as a result of lite offences such as exam malpractice or fighting while expulsion is a punishment for criminal offences like cultism,rape,riot etc know the difference. My friend was rusticated for one year due to exam expo and he stayed a year behind while another one O2 was expelled coz he was a cultist, he never got to graduate.

So exam malpractice is a lite offense in your school

I laff in swahili language
Re: Difference Between Rusticated And Expelled by generalissimo(m): 9:54am On Jun 21, 2019
Guy, hope you have license to Laff in that language
respect80:

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Rusticated And Expelled by abayomilaws(m): 10:08am On Jun 21, 2019
stanley000:

Which school is this ? Examination malpractice is a very serious offence that may cause you expulsion if you are found guilty. Some schools may even hand you over to the police to try you in court. It is a criminal offence.
Re: Difference Between Rusticated And Expelled by Halezis(m): 10:24am On Jun 21, 2019
Expelled means you have been expelled from the school while rusticate means you've been rusticated from the schoolcry

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Rusticated And Expelled by stanley000: 10:46am On Jun 21, 2019
abayomilaws:

Which school is this ? Examination malpractice is a very serious offence that may cause you expulsion if you are found guilty. Some schools may even hand you over to the police to try you in court. It is a criminal offence.
oga forget that thing, I hate when you kids try to prove smart online like say una know and una no know anything. Exam malpractice expulsion is one year, at most say your case is worse, 2years.

Police koor, police fire your yansh there lol fool

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Rusticated And Expelled by stanley000: 10:47am On Jun 21, 2019
respect80:

leave that tin, i no fit talk to much abeg, I'm gone. Ok
Re: Difference Between Rusticated And Expelled by Benzayne: 10:47am On Jun 21, 2019
Rusticated amounts to Yellow card Expell amounts to Red card
Re: Difference Between Rusticated And Expelled by OKOATA(m): 11:18am On Jun 21, 2019
otipoju:

Did you not learn what a Synonym means?
when last I go school bro. Maybe 40 years ago. Who remembers synonym but thanks...
Re: Difference Between Rusticated And Expelled by welturebotanical: 3:27pm On Jun 21, 2019
CURE PIMPLES NATURALLY
Check my signature for more info
Re: Difference Between Rusticated And Expelled by abayomilaws(m): 4:42pm On Jun 21, 2019
stanley000:
oga forget that thing, I hate when you kids try to prove smart online like say una know and una no know anything. Exam malpractice expulsion is one year, at most say your case is worse, 2years.

To your mind I am a kid, I doubt whether you passed through any reputable institutions, if not, you won't come online with this gibberish about examination malpractice . For your information, I relied on obafemi awolowo university , ile ife examination regulation as a case study . As of fact, I graduated here, and examination malpractice is a serious offence, read about the former speaker of the ekiti state house of assembly, how he could not graduate oau because of examination malpractice .

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Rusticated And Expelled by y3mi(m): 5:43pm On Jun 21, 2019
The difference can best be
Re: Difference Between Rusticated And Expelled by respect80(m): 6:27pm On Jun 21, 2019
abayomilaws:

To your mind I am a kid, I doubt whether you passed through any reputable institutions, if not, you won't come online with this gibberish about examination malpractice . For your information, I relied on obafemi awolowo university , ile ife examination regulation as a case study . As of fact, I graduated here, and examination malpractice is a serious offence, read about the former speaker of the ekiti state house of assembly, how he could not graduate oau because of examination malpractice .
You shouldn't have gratified his ignorance with another mention. Allow him to wallow in his ignorance until his child is checked out of school for exam malpractice, then he can step forward to protest if he/she is not called back to school after 1 year.
I wonder how people automatically think everyone who shares a different opinion from theirs in this forum must be a kid sef.

Who age epp?
Re: Difference Between Rusticated And Expelled by Bimpe29: 6:49pm On Jun 21, 2019
nopretense:

To the best of my knowledge, expulsion means sending a student out of a school totally while rustication is like a long-term suspension, the student may or may not be recalled
You're correct

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Rusticated And Expelled by berniceunice: 7:47pm On Jun 21, 2019
stanley000:
Show me your friends and I will tell you who you are grin
Re: Difference Between Rusticated And Expelled by berniceunice: 7:49pm On Jun 21, 2019
stanley000:

undecided
Re: Difference Between Rusticated And Expelled by abayomilaws(m): 10:27am On Jun 22, 2019
respect80:

You shouldn't have gratified his ignorance with another mention. Allow him to wallow in his ignorance until his child is checked out of school for exam malpractice, then he can step forward to protest if he/she is not called back to school after 1 year.
I wonder how people automatically think everyone who shares a different opinion from theirs in this forum must be a kid sef.

Who age epp?

Thank you Sir, most grateful.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Rusticated And Expelled by Tzar(m): 6:14am On Oct 21, 2021
Both words are used differently!
Expel- Permanent removal
Rusticate - temporary removal (may be long or short term)
OKOATA:

(1) (Reply)

Poly Ibadan Second Batch Out Atlast / Kwara State University School / Tuition Fees For 2016/2017 Academic Session / Why Maduka University Will Be Rated One Of The Best In West Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.