Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 - Investment (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 (79447 Views)

How To Be Rich In Nigeria / Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time / Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by rasputinn(m): 9:35pm On Nov 17, 2007
tonyjon:

@ Rasputinn,

What do you have to say about African Paint Plc?. Is as if things are improving, isn't it?.

Peace.

Yep,things are improving,having closed @ 2.42 on Thursday,I think it's almost peaked cos I dont see it crossing the 3.00 mark till the rumoured foreign investors come in.If you're thinking of buying,a cross deal by your brokers may be the only source(i.e if they have  clients that want to sell).Personally I've asked my brokers to not look for the stock anymore as they've only been able to buy African Paints shares worth less than 10% of the amount I deposited for that transaction------almost a month after I gave them the mandate.Well I'm tracking some other interesting pennies but I need to gather more info on their present state and strategies for improvement.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Rodbuffet: 11:05pm On Nov 17, 2007
Three Stocks that will make you rich in 30 days:
1. AIRSERVICE
2. ADSWITCH
3. TRANSEXPR

nOTE THE CURRENT PRICE AND SEE IT DOUBLE IN 30 DAYS MAX
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by toyibanj(m): 6:19am On Nov 18, 2007
RoughCut:

Some figures for CI Leasing

2nd Quarter PAT(31  July 2007)=N176M

Outstanding # shares          =1.6B

Forward EPS (annualized)
for YEnd Jan 31 2008           =44k

Forward PE  for YEnd
Jan 31 2008                         =11

This is looking great at the moment and i'm assuming they will grow their PAT for YEnd Jan 2008 even better than the annualized rate i have used in the computation

I think this is one to watch solid fundamentals and good business strategy and expansion plans and guess what? it's the only one in it's sector that's listed
@Roughcut
I think there is a mistake in your calculation
177 m for qQ2 is projected to 354 mil for year end jan31/2008
proj. EPS is 22k NOT 44k as you stated
proj . PE at today's price of 5.37 is 24 NOT 11 as you stated.
So with enlarged1.6 billion shares ,i don't think C & I is any thing to write home about.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by toyibanj(m): 6:25am On Nov 18, 2007
Rodbuffet:

Three Stocks that will make you  rich in 30 days:
1. AIRSERVICE
2. ADSWITCH
3. TRANSEXPR

nOTE THE CURRENT PRICE AND SEE IT DOUBLE IN 30 DAYS MAX
@Rodbuffet

Most of us are not gamblers on this thread.We back our suggestions with facts and logical analysis. I guess you are speculating and most of us are learning to be investors.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 6:25am On Nov 18, 2007
toyibanj:

@Roughcut
So with enlarged1.6 billion shares ,i don't think C & I is any thing to write home about.

Correct, 177M is for 6 months, not just the 2nd quarter. C&I is more long-term. I'd say it's not yet time to buy. Better deals exist at the moment.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by rasputinn(m): 6:37pm On Nov 18, 2007
Bank PHB will commence an  I. P.O of 5 billion ordinary shares of 50k each @ 17.00 naira per share,showing a discount of 8.51 naira compared to the secondary (T.S)market price of 25.51 naira.The offer opens tommorow,Monday November 19,2007 and closes on Wednesday Dec 19 2007.From the look of things,the offer is gon be over subscribed as BGL securities,Diamond bank,Vetiva capital and Sterling capital have underwritten the offer to the tune of 80%.
From the offer proceeds ,the bank hopes to deploy 14.8 billion naira to open up brances in Ghana,Angola,Ivory coast,Guinea ,Liberia,Sierra Leonne and Gambia,and also grow domestic branch network by 85 new branches.Over to you nairalanders because this one is flying with me.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by rasputinn(m): 6:42pm On Nov 18, 2007
Bank PHB will commence an I. P.O of 5 billion ordinary shares of 50k each @ 17.00 naira per share,showing a discount of 8.51 naira compared to the secondary (T.S)market price of 25.51 naira.The offer opens tommorow,Monday November 19,2007 and closes on Wednesday Dec 19 2007.From the look of things,the offer is gon be over subscribed as BGL securities,Diamond bank,Vetiva capital and Sterling capital have underwritten the offer to the tune of 80%.
From the offer proceeds ,the bank hopes to deploy 14.8 billion naira to open up brances in Ghana,Angola,Ivory coast,Guinea ,Liberia,Sierra Leonne and Gambia,and also grow domestic branch network by 85 new branches.Over to you nairalanders because this one is flying with me.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 3:57am On Nov 19, 2007

@Roughcut

Actually the listed shares will be 1.35B(75% subscription for the PO in 06 according to the SEC website) and that gives us an adjusted forward EPS of 26K and forward PE ratio of  ~21

More to the point if the projections for PAT 2007 are correct then they would have grown  PAT by a massive 250% from N90M in 06 to N354M in 07 and therefore in my books that's a lot to write home about and that's why i'm pinning for this stock in 08
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by frankiriri(m): 8:15am On Nov 19, 2007
I think I like the energy of Bank PHB. I have not yet seen the Prospectus sha. I will comment when I see it
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by otokx(m): 2:06pm On Nov 19, 2007
@RodBuffet

Please continue to share what information you have and don't be discouraged by "some" people
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Rodbuffet: 12:06am On Nov 21, 2007
Been in the business of stocks for 8 years, make some mils, lost some.
1.Airline Services: 9mth sep 07<> T0: 2,498,000,000.<>% ^56.13.<>PAT:314,530,000.<>%Up120.
(Outstanding Shares:634,000,000<> Monopoly in business nature<>Vast growing with future growth *AIRSERVICE-13.00 to AIRSERVICE 19.82 between oct 23rd-nov19th )
http://www.nigerianstockexchange.com/quoted_company.jsp?symbol=AIRSERVICE

2.ADSWITCH- If power is a state of emergency thus profits for comapnies in power products (adswitchplc.com)
http://www.nigerianstockexchange.com/quoted_company.jsp?symbol=ADSWITCH

3. TRANSEXPR- with this listing of REDSTAREX. it will make the sector optional thus investors will demand from a limited pool
http://www.nigerianstockexchange.com/quoted_company.jsp?symbol=TRANSEXPR

There is no gamble in these stocks because i regard them as penny stock, but the bull just left the station so i advise D lilly livered to study, for the bull hearted invest, as for me had 6 figures invested in these and would cash out max 26 days from now. i have no fear what so ever. just sharing my hand.

besides get real even nestle, at 240 is penny stock. think ahead folks. think NSE 2030.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by blackpro: 5:03am On Nov 21, 2007
please any advice about the insurance stocks it, i already got crusader a long time ago so i am considering other ones likes lasaco, international energy and linkage, gurus in the house,
i am waiting for your recommendations,
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Princesege(m): 11:02am On Nov 21, 2007
At what percentage increase could a stock be sold in order to break even or make a profit?
Exact answeres pls.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by enurayce: 12:58pm On Nov 21, 2007
@ ALL
IS UNIVERSAL INSURANCE PP A GOOD BUY AT 95K
PLS IMMEDIATE REPLY PLS
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by nazzyon(m): 1:05pm On Nov 21, 2007
Pls which stock will POSSIBLY YIELD approx. yield UP TO N5 or XTRA BY JANUARY 15.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 1:37pm On Nov 21, 2007
Princesege:

At what percentage increase could a stock be sold in order to break even or make a profit?
Exact answeres please.

5.062392395% increase in price will result in a break-even position assuming your broker charges u 1.5% commission. Hey, you asked for an exact answer! grin tongue
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by enurayce: 1:50pm On Nov 21, 2007
enurayce:

@ ALL
PLS IMMEDIATE REPLY PLS

pls easimoni do justice to this.will be glad to hear from u
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by spikelee: 4:37pm On Nov 21, 2007
H[b]HELLO GUYS HOW DO U SEE LASACO, N.E.M. AIICO INSURANCE COM. IS IT GOOD FOR
MEDIUM TERM.[/b]
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 21, 2007
My gurus in the house,
plaese can u take the time to xplain the meaning of forward PE, trailing PE etc?
I'm seriously interested n set to make a killin in the market next year.
I want to start now to acquaint myself. Thanks in advance.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by NBA(m): 5:01pm On Nov 21, 2007
fntekim:

My gurus in the house,
plaese can u take the time to explain the meaning of forward PE, trailing PE etc?
I'm seriously interested n set to make a killin in the market next year.
I want to start now to acquaint myself. Thanks in advance.

Read the threads below, you will get a lot of answers to your questions.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-31554.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-82565.0.html
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 21, 2007
Thanks man!
God bless.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Geees: 8:54pm On Nov 21, 2007
Hello,
You are in ther right place
visit the sister nairaland thread stocks that can make u rich in 2007, hope you can read through the ~170 pages
1. www.investopia.com
2. www.stockmarketnigeria.com, register and get their free ebook
3. http://www.proshareng.com/learntoearn/index.php
These three should keep you busy
Cheers
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 9:34pm On Nov 21, 2007
enurayce:

please easimoni do justice to this.will be glad to hear from u
enurayce:

@ ALL
PLS IMMEDIATE REPLY PLS

Ol boy, post the prospectus so that we can comment. I've never heard of the coy or the PP b4.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by shakasha: 11:15pm On Nov 21, 2007
Please whats the feeling of this wise house on Bagco shares? people are skeptical considering their huge debts but am thinking it's sweet on mid to long term. undecided
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by frankiriri(m): 7:19am On Nov 22, 2007
shakasha:

Please whats the feeling of this wise house on Bagco shares? people are skeptical considering their huge debts but am thinking it's sweet on mid to long term. undecided
I think so too.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by wanaj0: 7:34am On Nov 22, 2007
shakasha:

Well, most stocks are good on the long term. The question should be that compared with other stocks out there, where will you put BAGCO? Are there not BETTER stocks out there? If you have a list of five stocks (medium and long term), will BAGCO be on the list?

We should get out of the feeling taht we must BUY all offers.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by rasputinn(m): 5:20pm On Nov 26, 2007
[I was actually tempted to add FCMB to my portfolio but the report i read a few days ago regarding the business transaction with CSL did not do it for me i think i will let that one pass

We all know which ones are the 'BIG'(BIG in the naija context) banks in nigeria i think i have been around nuff times to realise ACCESS is not yet ready to play in the premier league as long as its making money for me i no go complain!

So anything you fit do to push the share price past the N20 mark will be very much appreciated

[quote][/quote]

What say ye now rough cut?Access has crossed the N20 mark
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 5:30pm On Nov 26, 2007

What say ye now rough cut?Access has crossed the N20 mark
I was going to shed ACCESS but looking at what the price is doing now and wanaj0's timely interventioni'm not selling my ACCESS easimoni does that sound familiar?
So if you have ACCESS don't sell yet looks like there is still more in the tank but i don't think it's a good idea to buy now if you don't have it
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by bjluv: 5:45pm On Nov 26, 2007
I am new to the stock biz in naija and I would like know what are the hot ones for now that I can put my cash in, I haeard Bagco. Any others people?

I am in for the long-term shocked
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by wanaj0: 8:12pm On Nov 26, 2007
RoughCut:

I was going to shed ACCESS but looking at what the price is doing now and wanaj0's timely interventioni'm not selling my ACCESS easimoni does that sound familiar?
So if you have ACCESS don't sell yet looks like there is still more in the tank but i don't think it's a good idea to buy now if you don't have it

See me defending Access when I am not even a shareholder. Well, share the LOOT with us OOO.

The patient dog eats the fattest bone. Can imagine how you felt when the price of Access was stagnant after the lifting of TS. Now you are having the feeling of De ja Vu
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Dumsky(m): 9:58pm On Nov 26, 2007
@ wanajO,
thought you said you borrowed money to buy access PO cos you thought it was undervalued or did i read wrong?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by wanaj0: 10:21pm On Nov 26, 2007
Dumsky:

@ wanajO,
thought you said you borrowed money to buy access PO because you thought it was undervalued or did i read wrong?

Yes I got a loan to buy the Access PO. Note that as at the time of that discussion, the PO was still on. Even now, you don't know whether my money will be returned since the PO is yet to be concluded.

Yes I believe that Access was ubdervalued at 14.60

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (Reply)

"Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money / Crowdfunding Investment Platforms And Options (non Agritech Categories) / CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.