Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,902 members, 7,821,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down (21621 Views)

Why Tinubu Must Sack His US Lawyer By Festus Adedayo (The Cable) / Soldiers Arrest Igboho's Cat Because They Thought He Changed To Cat / Drama As Obaseki Pull Down Edo Assembly Roof Over Impeachment Scare (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down by seunmsg(m): 9:16am On Jun 21, 2019
Splashme:

Adedayo in his reaction said he neither begged for the appointment nor is he a politician, so if politicians think he doesn’t deserve the appointment they can come and have it

-News.

He attended an interview and was even willing to sacrifice his law program for the job.
Re: Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down by GEEBITE: 9:17am On Jun 21, 2019
He is resident nairaland clown who rates himself highly over narrow minded he posts regularly on this blog.He should aspire first to all what this man has been in his life.
Wallade:

Are you serious, tell me more about the fall of the man. Does the withdrawal of the job offer translate to "down".
Re: Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down by ADMAF(m): 9:17am On Jun 21, 2019
respect80:
This piece isn't for lazy readers...

And some lazy readers will indolently agree with you without knowing that even you barely read through the piece.... undecided
Re: Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down by seunmsg(m): 9:18am On Jun 21, 2019
aolawale025:

Firstly the government belongs to ALL Nigerians. Not only APC. For a government to succeed, it needs competent people whatever their affiliations.
APC supporters are already in the mud as you rightly said but they failed to drag him with them. Because in the first place he didn't lobby for it and haven't even accepted the offer.

Some of you can believe any rubbish. He hasn’t accepted the job and he attended an interview? Are you kidding me? Why attend the interview in the first instance if he’s not interested?
Re: Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down by Oblang(m): 9:18am On Jun 21, 2019
Saao:
The guy is a great guy. After southerner pull him down and Lawan withdraw the appointment from him, the appointment was given to Muhammad Issa from the north. Tomorrow let me not hear nepotism

The way southerner pulled Adeosun down..

1 Like

Re: Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down by MONITZ: 9:22am On Jun 21, 2019
helinues:

All this epistles are not necessary.. Let Pdp appoints him.. Shikena

Guess u didn't read the part where he said he had vilified the PDP government in the past!,try readihg with an open mind because it won't cost u a thing Bt would only broaden ur horizon...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down by seunmsg(m): 9:23am On Jun 21, 2019
respect80:

In as much as I agree with you, such mentality is lethal to true journalism. If everyone has to be crucified for standing neutral, it will be a dangerous trend for the society.

He was not neutral. He supported Atiku in the last election. It is only normal for those who toiled day and night to get Buhari re-elected to protest such appointments. After the last US election, Trump was very disposed to appointing Mitt Romney as Secretary of State but members of his transition committee stood strongly against the appointment because Romney never supported Trump. That is how it is everywhere in the world. Elected officials must bring on board to assist them only people who shared in their vision.

1 Like

Re: Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down by don88(m): 9:30am On Jun 21, 2019
he is a Nigerian with full rights to air his views. its just in Nigeria u ar dead when u critise govt even constructively!

1 Like

Re: Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down by Jloveme(m): 9:32am On Jun 21, 2019
respect80:

If you read till the end, you will notice what a mockery of competence and intelligence by this APC government...
This man is a talented writer but APC chose to sacrifice competence and intelligence on the sacrilegious alter of ignorance and shamelessness

God bless u. Nice piece....Its not buhari..its those poitical glutons tha surrounds him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down by wanger50(m): 9:35am On Jun 21, 2019
In the first place, why would he accept to serve in a government he has always fiercely criticised? It's immoral in the first place. In saner climes people even resigns from a government once it's going against what they think is right
Re: Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down by respect80(m): 9:35am On Jun 21, 2019
Blainz:

Evidence? Google is your friend.

He was an aide to Saraki of PDP and he was always attacking Buhari

Sorry, google is not my friend. Try and be specific with a direct link to your claim.

Tbh, Festus Adedayo is a writer whom one can scarcely mention 2 to 3 of our top Nigerian politicians who hasn't suffered the venomous bite of his pen.

In terms of true and non partisan journalism, Mr Festus is a top notch to say the least.
Re: Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down by respect80(m): 9:41am On Jun 21, 2019
ADMAF:
And some lazy readers will indolently agree with you without knowing that even you barely read through the piece.

So I posted the topic without reading it?

Guess you didn't notice I was the OP
Re: Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down by Jloveme(m): 9:47am On Jun 21, 2019
seunmsg:
Guy is just a clown. This silly attempt at damage control is dead on arrival. You are down already. APC supporters only dragged you into the mud where you rightly belong. Only men of very low morals who lacks principles and integrity goes about lobbying a government they criticize so much for an appointment.

My brother..shame on u for this ur write up! Way back in history are d few left with morals are been persuaded to join hands in eradicating d rots in d system! Maybe u didnt read d part he was invited for an interview! My brother, they are invited for such jobs because of the morals they stand for! So no damage done to his reputation rather he has just use d pen to once again write himself in history book as one that will stand and be counted when this country will stand and be counted in d future

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down by backT(m): 9:52am On Jun 21, 2019
Oga Festus go and chop ur big grammar.
Re: Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down by seunmsg(m): 9:53am On Jun 21, 2019
Jloveme:

My brother..shame on u for this ur write up! Way back in history are d few left with morals are been persuaded to join hands in eradicating d rots in d system! Maybe u didnt read d part he was invited for an interview! My brother, they are invited for such jobs because of the morals they stand for! So no damage done to his reputation rather he has just use d pen to once again write himself in history book as one that will stand and be counted when this country will stand and be counted in d future

You are just a clown like the person you’re defending. If he has any morals left in him, he would have rejected the idea of serving an APC senate president immediately it was brought to his attention. Why should someone who never believed in APC’s agenda and what the party stands for serve in such a government? He should go and use his talents for AIT and other pro-PDP media platforms. APC supporters have spoken; they don’t want him occupying any appointive public office and that’s final.
Re: Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down by respect80(m): 9:54am On Jun 21, 2019
seunmsg:

He attended an interview and was even willing to sacrifice his law program for the job.

Even at that, your opinion portrays a moral fallacy of trying to justify a wrong with a wrong.
The fact remains that he was outstanding and competent among his peers who were nominated for the job. How do you deal with that?

I hope you are not one of those who always try to justify jungle justice.
Re: Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down by oduademonest: 9:55am On Jun 21, 2019
respect80:

If you read till the end, you will notice what a mockery of competence and intelligence by this APC government...
This man is a talented writer but APC chose to sacrifice competence and intelligence on the sacrilegious alter of ignorance and shamelessness

Just because he used big words innappropriately, you think he is a good writer? The write up was terrible. Stop reading crap. Read some good international newspapers for a change, NYT for starters, come back and tell me how persuasive this dodoyo festus is

1 Like

Re: Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down by abayomilaws(m): 9:55am On Jun 21, 2019
Everybody is an hypocrite.. So, some people are only leading struggles or are activists or critics to be noticed by the oppressors they claim to fight or criticise. If such people are given the opportunity of joining the wagons of oppressors, they will forgo all moralities and jump on the rails of the wagons and join the parties. On this note, I believe just as George Orwell " if there is Hope it lies in " Proles"" not an individual activism or a hungry critic. I pray revolution, how we will all act in harmony without traitors , I still can't fathom .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down by enomakos(m): 9:56am On Jun 21, 2019
well written
Re: Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down by oduademonest: 9:57am On Jun 21, 2019
seunmsg:

He was not neutral. He supported Atiku in the last election. It is only normal for those who toiled day and night to get Buhari re-elected to protest such appointments. After the last US election, Trump was very disposed to appointing Mitt Romney as Secretary of State but members of his transition committee stood strongly against the appointment because Romney never supported Trump. That is how it is everywhere in the world. Elected officials must bring on board to assist them only people who shared in their vision.

You are retarded. Trump chose not to appoint Mitt Romney, no transition committee changed his mind
Re: Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down by RichBoy247: 10:04am On Jun 21, 2019
respect80:

So who is the Mtn and who is the Etisalat in this case?

The man was just being nailed for standing neutral. He already confirmed that he was given the appointment based on merit after an interview session with Lawan.

One thing I strongly believe is that APC has just succeeded in making him even more popular.

You can take this post to the bank as we await what the future holds for him...

Such a talented writer deserves more.

Senate Minority Leader should give him appointment so that he can continue his criticism of the government. No long story. You cannot work in GTbank and go ask UBA for salary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down by seunmsg(m): 10:13am On Jun 21, 2019
oduademonest:

You are retarded. Trump chose not to appoint Mitt Romney, no transition committee changed his mind

You’re the slowpoke my friend. He changed his mind due to pressure from within the same way Ahmed Lawan changed his mind and chose not to appoint Festus again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down by maasoap(m): 10:17am On Jun 21, 2019
seunmsg:
Guy is just a clown. This silly attempt at damage control is dead on arrival. You are down already. APC supporters only dragged you into the mud where you rightly belong. Only men of very low morals who lacks principles and integrity goes about lobbying a government they criticize so much for an appointment.

Just take a look at some of the quotes from him, you will understand that that guy is a deceit.

If I had finally settled for the job, I would be doing it at a great cost. I am right now a student of the Nigerian Law School and the rules forbid my working while a student. I would have had to walk away from a painful studentship I embarked upon last November that will come to an end in about two and half months from now.

Then:
If those who spearheaded the attack thought it would silence me in my bid for a good country, they have another think coming. I can never be silenced. I will always advocate for a good country; whether it hurts Buhari or anyone.

They didn't want to silence him, they just didn't want him to receive fat checks from this administration, simple.
And did he really think that he was hurting Buhari?
Re: Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down by seunmsg(m): 10:18am On Jun 21, 2019
respect80:

Even at that, your opinion portrays a moral fallacy of trying to justify a wrong with a wrong.
The fact remains that he was outstanding and competent among his peers who were nominated for the job. How do you deal with that?

Nobody is talking about jungle justice here my friend.

If Adedayo is truly competent, he should wait for Atiku, Saraki and other PDP rogues that he supported to get into government. Those are the people he believed and trusted. Why work for a government whose agenda you have ridiculed severally?
Re: Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down by abayomilaws(m): 10:18am On Jun 21, 2019
lexy2014:

Is there a law that says he can't take a new job because he is studying law?

Yes, it is an act that is inconsistent with the council of legal education Act, and Nigerian Law school regulation .. He is not just studying law, he is a student of the Nigerian law school that has just that rules... You must be a full time student with total class/ externship attendance before you will be fit and proper to be called to the bar.
Re: Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down by ryloy: 10:19am On Jun 21, 2019
Has Festus Adedayo criticised PDP , Saraki and Atiku this year?
Re: Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down by maasoap(m): 10:21am On Jun 21, 2019
respect80:

The simple and hard fact that we all knew from this debacle is that the guy is just an opportunitist. No any other way around it
Re: Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down by respect80(m): 10:23am On Jun 21, 2019
oduademonest:

Just because he used big words innappropriately, you think he is a good writer? The write up was terrible. Stop reading crap. Read some good international newspapers for a change, NYT for starters, come back and tell me how persuasive this dodoyo festus is

What a good writer you must be to think this write up is terrible. Can you please show us some of your craftsmanship in writing?

Swallow your ego and appreciate those who deserve it.

Re: Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down by tunjilana: 10:23am On Jun 21, 2019
U said u are not a fan of "Establishment" ... yet you wanna go into it....stay a critic Bro...U can b on two divides
Re: Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:31am On Jun 21, 2019
respect80:

So who is the Mtn and who is the Etisalat in this case?

The man was just being nailed for standing neutral. He already confirmed that he was given the appointment based on merit after an interview session with Lawan.

One thing I strongly believe is that APC has just succeeded in making him even more popular.

You can take this post to the bank as we await what the future holds for him...

Such a talented writer deserves more.
do they know anything...bringing useless logic of you cannot work for mtn and this etisalat... the man was Just doing his job as a critical journalist.... it's like when Man Utd wanted to employ mourinho and some folks were looking at his attitude and mourinho told them he his mourinho despite they told him to sign a behavioral attitude he refuse and still got the job....here is a man who has worked with pdp nnamani and apc ajimobi how is he partisan... it's a shame that lawan allowed some unscrupulous element to railroad him..like u said they have helped his image grow more

1 Like

Re: Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down by RexTramadol1: 10:41am On Jun 21, 2019
seunmsg:

You are just a clown like the person you’re defending. If he has any morals left in him, he would have rejected the idea of serving an APC senate president immediately it was brought to his attention. Why should someone who never believed in APC’s agenda and what the party stands for serve in such a government? He should go and use his talents for AIT and other pro-PDP media platforms. APC supporters have spoken; they don’t want him occupying any appointive public office and that’s final.

Maybe APC has not mastered the laws of power

If you make your enemy your appointee, he'll even do more than you can imagine to impress you (in my own words).

If he doesn't, then use the inconsistency of accepting the appointment and working with you to destroy any reputation left of him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ganduje: Kano Doesn’t Need ‘Shege Ka Fasa’ / Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways / Fuel Hits N1,000 Per Litre As Scarcity Bites Harder In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.