Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,322 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

NNPC Commends OILSERV On The On-going OB3 Project.(photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Commends OILSERV On The On-going OB3 Project.(photos) (15269 Views)

Obaseki Inspects Edo Radisson Hotel Project (Photos) / Governor Sanwo-Olu Inspects The Red Line Rail Project (Photos And Videos) / Governor Akeredolu Inspects Ore Flyover Project (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC Commends OILSERV On The On-going OB3 Project.(photos) by BeautifulMind2: 10:38am On Jun 21, 2019
Top management of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) led by the COO Gas/Power, Engr. Saidu Mohammed and the MD of the Nigerian Gas Company (NGC) Mr. Tunde Bakare visited the Gas Treatment Plant (GTP) site of the OB3 Project to see for themselves the extent of work done so far, Oilserv is executing the biggest pipeline in the country – OB3 Project (136km x 48 inch).
The company, according to NNPC, has demonstrated indigenous capacity and expertise, which used to be the forte of international EPC firms and has earned a reputation for quality, safety and on-time delivery of projects.

This was confirmed during a visit to the Gas Treatment Plant (GTP) site of the OB3 Project by the management of the NNPC led by the Chief Operating Officer (COO), Gas and Power, Saidu Mohammed, an engineer, and the Managing Director of the Nigerian Gas Company (NGC), Tunde Bakare, an engineer.

Impressed by the capacity and progress of Oilserv on the project, Mohammed said: “This is a project that we have been waiting for in Nigeria and we are glad that the contractor is performing towards bringing light at the end of the tunnel. What I have seen so far is very impressive and the deadline of completing this project is achievable as all materials needed for the completion of the work are on ground.”

Bakare said: “From what we have seen, Oilserv has done very well. The Gas Treatment Plant (GTP) is massive with a capacity of two billion standard cubic feet per day (2bscf/d). What is left is just the piping and we are sure that by September 2019, we will have the Vice President here to inaugurate the project.”

Oilserv Chairman Emeka Okwuosa, an engineer, thanking the NNPC delegation for the inspection, said: “Oilserv with the support of the client, NNPC, has demonstrated that such a huge project can be done locally. The project is quite challenging and Oilserv has always shown commitment in the process of executing the project from engineering and construction. The Gas Treatment Plant (GTP) is the largest that exists in Nigeria and maybe Africa and it is meant to have a capacity of two billion standard cubic feet per day (2bscf/d). A few changes in the entire design, in addition to other issues that came up, led to quite some delays. Be that as it may, the company is racing towards the finishing line and we are sure we will deliver on the new schedule.”

Apart from building the first gas distribution network in Nigeria, Oilserv has also built the Greater Lagos Phases I, II,III and IV gas pipeline poject for Gaslink Nigeria Limited and several others using high quality and safety standards.
They are the Alaoji Gas Transmission Pipeline System for Nigerian Gas Company (NGC), the National Integrated Power Project (NIPP) lots 1 & 2 (Ihovbor, Egbema & Gbarain) for the Niger Delta Power Holding Company (NDPHC).

Others include the Gas transmission Pipeline System for Geometric Power Limited, Aba, the Akute Independent Power Project for Oando Gas and Power, Oron Gas Transmission Pipeline System for SEPTA Energy, The Southsouth Gas Transmission Pipeline System for East Horizon Gas Company Limited, and Complete Upgrade of Ikeja Metering Station for NGPTC.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Commends OILSERV On The On-going OB3 Project.(photos) by BeautifulMind2: 10:40am On Jun 21, 2019
More

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Commends OILSERV On The On-going OB3 Project.(photos) by BeautifulMind2: 10:42am On Jun 21, 2019
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: NNPC Commends OILSERV On The On-going OB3 Project.(photos) by BeautifulMind2: 10:46am On Jun 21, 2019
M

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Commends OILSERV On The On-going OB3 Project.(photos) by globemoney: 10:47am On Jun 21, 2019
Where's this located?
Re: NNPC Commends OILSERV On The On-going OB3 Project.(photos) by BeautifulMind2: 11:07am On Jun 21, 2019
globemoney:
Where's this located?
OB3 project is divided into two sections, Nestoil is handling Eastwood while Oilserv is Westwood , to be terminated in Oben plant, I believe OBEN North is located in Edo state

18 Likes

Re: NNPC Commends OILSERV On The On-going OB3 Project.(photos) by auntysimbiat(f): 12:09pm On Jun 21, 2019
cool
Re: NNPC Commends OILSERV On The On-going OB3 Project.(photos) by majamajic(m): 12:54pm On Jun 21, 2019
yes
Re: NNPC Commends OILSERV On The On-going OB3 Project.(photos) by Timmypromise(m): 12:56pm On Jun 21, 2019
Who is Tunde Bakare?

1 Like

Re: NNPC Commends OILSERV On The On-going OB3 Project.(photos) by kingyang: 12:56pm On Jun 21, 2019
Nice job
Re: NNPC Commends OILSERV On The On-going OB3 Project.(photos) by Richiez(m): 12:57pm On Jun 21, 2019
Our indigenous contractors are improving. We'll get there some day. cool

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Commends OILSERV On The On-going OB3 Project.(photos) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 21, 2019
Good

No white person in sight

The dream is coming alive

5 Likes

Re: NNPC Commends OILSERV On The On-going OB3 Project.(photos) by BeijinDossier: 1:01pm On Jun 21, 2019
Cool
Re: NNPC Commends OILSERV On The On-going OB3 Project.(photos) by kenx1(m): 1:04pm On Jun 21, 2019
One day oil go finish everybody eyes to clear!!!! it baffles me that the fed govt is not even investing in renewable energy, A GREAT CALAMITY AWAITS US!!!!

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Commends OILSERV On The On-going OB3 Project.(photos) by Anokwuru: 1:05pm On Jun 21, 2019
The Obiafu/Obrikom – Oben (OB3) Export System is the backbone for exporting NNPC natural gas in Nigeria. The essence is to meet the Nigeria gas demand for power generation and industrial needs with emphasis on operational safety, efficiency and flexibility with a view to providing industry standard, remote supervision and control.

10 Likes

Re: NNPC Commends OILSERV On The On-going OB3 Project.(photos) by ultimate77(m): 1:24pm On Jun 21, 2019
Na here corrossion engineers Dey suffer. I just decided on my own to leave this job after 7 months of inconsistent payment and slavery.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Commends OILSERV On The On-going OB3 Project.(photos) by ultimate77(m): 1:25pm On Jun 21, 2019
maybachmusic:
Good

No white person in sight

The dream is coming alive

Bro leave the dream o. They sent the whole white people who meant well for us away. If I tell you the entire of things in this project you go vex

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Commends OILSERV On The On-going OB3 Project.(photos) by Imustreturn(m): 1:27pm On Jun 21, 2019
BeautifulMind2:

OB3 project is divided into two sections, Nestoil is handling Eastwood while Oilserv is Westwood , to be terminated in Oben plant, I believe OBEN North is located in Edo state
rivers state Omoku
Re: NNPC Commends OILSERV On The On-going OB3 Project.(photos) by Imustreturn(m): 1:28pm On Jun 21, 2019
globemoney:
Where's this located?
Omoku in rivers state
Re: NNPC Commends OILSERV On The On-going OB3 Project.(photos) by willyo(m): 1:34pm On Jun 21, 2019
People that have no biz with oil are the ones supervising... What an irony

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC Commends OILSERV On The On-going OB3 Project.(photos) by winterfell007(m): 1:56pm On Jun 21, 2019
Good enough that we are seriously investing in our huge gas reserves into productive use. I see no reason why Nigeria should be industrialized long ago due to her huge gas deposit especially in Eastern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Commends OILSERV On The On-going OB3 Project.(photos) by frowland(m): 1:59pm On Jun 21, 2019
BeautifulMind2:

The gas is to power energy right? Is that gas same as the coking gas?
Re: NNPC Commends OILSERV On The On-going OB3 Project.(photos) by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 21, 2019
ultimate77:

Bro leave the dream o. They sent the whole white people who meant well for us away. If I tell you the entire of things in this project you go vex

Hmmm
Re: NNPC Commends OILSERV On The On-going OB3 Project.(photos) by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 21, 2019
BeautifulMind2:

Rivers state please....Omoku (ONELGA)
Re: NNPC Commends OILSERV On The On-going OB3 Project.(photos) by SendAbroad: 2:32pm On Jun 21, 2019
Okay
Re: NNPC Commends OILSERV On The On-going OB3 Project.(photos) by hesilo(m): 2:39pm On Jun 21, 2019
I'm happy to be part of the Company. We are going global

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Electoral Bill: Reps Minority Caucus Stages Walkout From Plenary / Do Nigerian Navy Have Battleship? / Senate Leadership: Lawan Group Behind Ekweremandu’s Invitation By IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.