Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

If I Were President (opinion) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If I Were President (opinion) (744 Views)

What Would Happen Should Tinubu Become President(Opinion) / My Speech, If I Were President Buhari By Ik OGBONNA / “If Goodluck Jonathan Were President During Coronavirus” By Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If I Were President (opinion) by Kingxway: 10:53pm On Jun 21, 2019
If I were President

1) I WOULDN'T JOKE WITH AREA OF POWER SUPPLY.

Come what may, I would ensure the whole country enjoys uninterrupted electricity. Even if that is the only thing my administration achieve, I would be very much satisfied.

And whenever electricity goes off for no justifiable reason, the minister of power would answer to it or risk being sacked.

Truth is, electricity goes a long way to boost economy. Any nation with constant light has easy access to good economy in all ramifications. In this generation, a country without Steady Power Supply is nothing but gathering of people.

How do you think other smaller African Countries Nigeria used to be better than enjoy good economy today? Steady Power Supply plays major role.

Recently, I was somewhere in an African country and there was light out for some days. Unusual though. You need to see how everywhere looked so doll and lonely. And this is a very busy city. Always busy whenever I come around except day. Light plays major in economic growth.

How I wish a state Governor in Nigeria can ensure 24/7 Power Supply in his state, you would see how people would be trooping to that state, business and work would start booming on without much stress.

If you hair how people from other African Countries say Nigerians in regards to light, you would wish you weren't one. How can you claim you are Giant of Africa. Rich in natural resources but you don't have common electricity.

What is it in Steady Light that Nigerian Government can't offer? How can a government choose generator business to the detriment of her citizens?

Any government that install steady light in Nigeria will never be forgotten in the history of this country. They don't even need to campaign before Nigerians would re-elect them.

2) I WOULD DISSOLVE SOME UNNECESSARY POSITIONS IN THE GOVERNMENT.

Take for instance. Of what use is the House Of Representatives when we already have the House of Senate, ministers appointed by the President on Federal level and commissioners on the state level?

There are so many unnecessary positions that should be dissolved. Many countries only have, the President, Vice President , the parliaments, Regional or County minister (which is the same as Governors in Nigeria) and Districts Chairmen. Not too many positions to drain the country's economy.

3) TRADITIONAL AND RELIGIOUS LEADERS WOULD BE APOLITICAL

These people wouldn't involve themselves in political activities except in areas of prayer for the nation.

For crying out loud, these leaders have so many followers who would always agree with them blindly even when their views are not helpful to national health. So they would better be apolitical and allow the people to decide willingly.

4) EMERGE SOME STATES.

Or better still, return them to regions or county. People that bear same names or speak same language no matter how little their languages are similar would be in same region. They may not like it initially but they would appreciate it as time goes on when each region would try to be ahead of another in terms of economic growth and all that.

5) WHOEVER COMMITS MURDER FACES IRREVERSIBLE DEATH SENTENCE.

Any murder at all. Be it those that lynch on the streets or those who take laws into their hands in whatever miss. As long as they are convicted of murder case. The law takes it place.

6) ANYONE COUGHT IN ACT OF ARMED ROBBERY, OR KIDNAPPING FACES LIFE IN PRISON.

The Law takes it place unapologetically.

7) DON'T MARRY MORE THAN TWO WIVIES

An if you must do, perhaps for religious or traditional reasons. Your work, business and income must be accessed to show you are capable of taking care of them and the children.

8 ) TRIBALISM WOULD BE REGARDED AS ACT OF TREASON

As no one chooses where he or she is born. Whoever engages in tribalism would attract its consequences depending on what he is. Citizens 6 months in prison and office holders 1 year in prison.

Of course, some of these laws would be approved by the Senate or Parliament and pass in the Law.

Together we restore unity and make our country a better place to live. We would be the envy of nations not just Africa but the World.

In my opinion, this is the kind of leader Nigeria needs and we pray he comes someday soon.

Feel free to make your own point please. And if you disagree with me at any point, tell us why.

Let's push this so our leaders can see it and take responsibility.

Wish this could be on front page. It's my opinion though
Re: If I Were President (opinion) by Kingxway: 10:55pm On Jun 21, 2019
cc lefulefu

What do you think bro?
Re: If I Were President (opinion) by internationalman(m): 11:00pm On Jun 21, 2019
Chase your political career in Saudi Arabia or North Korea....

The people will voluntarily place you without election
Re: If I Were President (opinion) by Kingxway: 11:06pm On Jun 21, 2019
internationalman:
Chase your political career in Saudi Arabia or North Korea....

The people will voluntarily place you without election
What points do you disagree with?
Re: If I Were President (opinion) by internationalman(m): 11:48pm On Jun 21, 2019
Kingxway:
What points do you disagree with?
Tribalism regarded as treason
Re: If I Were President (opinion) by Kingxway: 11:57pm On Jun 21, 2019
internationalman:

Ohk bro. But how do you think it should be best handled?
Re: If I Were President (opinion) by tyup(m): 12:47am On Jun 22, 2019
Kingxway:

Nice point of view.....but all this would be useless without a Revolution in Nigeria and all her corrupt leaders are killed
Re: If I Were President (opinion) by Nobody: 12:54am On Jun 22, 2019
You have some points but treason is too strong a word to be on the same level with tribalism.
Electricity is one solution to Nigeria's numerous problems, so get it right and several other things will fall in place even crime.
Re: If I Were President (opinion) by Kingxway: 10:00am On Jun 22, 2019
tyup:

Nice point of view.....but all this would be useless without a Revolution in Nigeria and all her corrupt leaders are killed
Sure, bro this is a kind of Revolution as its in some way different from the present day system of Government.
Nigeria system of Government has done Nigeria more harm than good.

And of course not until all corrupt leaders are killed. They can as well be jailed. They are already old so they are somewhat powerless in jail
Re: If I Were President (opinion) by tyup(m): 10:09am On Jun 22, 2019
Kingxway:
Sure, bro this is a kind of Revolution as its in some way different from the present day system of Government.
Nigeria system of Government has done Nigeria more harm than good.

And of course not until all corrupt leaders are killed. They can as well be jailed. They are already old so they are somewhat powerless in jail

Lol powerless you say? dont underestimate them bro

Just like saying you'll put about 5 80years old General in jail cause they're weak. yes they might be weak but how about the 4000 troops they control would they be weak also?

complete termination is the right word to use
Re: If I Were President (opinion) by MONIKERREVEALER: 10:19am On Jun 22, 2019
Kingxway:

oyorubaman

the best way to handle these intractable zoogerian problems is for everyone to go his own way!!!

go and fight for your oduduwa republic and stop looking for "one nigeria" to parasitisize on!!!

will you guys die if igbos leave the zoo for una and hausa-fulanis?!!!

UNITY BEGGERS!!!
Re: If I Were President (opinion) by Kingxway: 10:21am On Jun 22, 2019
J111333:
You have some points but treason is too strong a word to be on the same level with tribalism.
Electricity is one solution to Nigeria's numerous problems, so get it right and several other things will fall in place even crime.
Oh yes bro. Electricity is really important. And can go a long way to solve many problems.

Perhaps, regarding tribalism as treason may not last long, but at least would put enough fear in people and it wouldn't exist again in near future.

How best do you think the issue of tribalism should be solved?

How I wish these points wouldn't just end up as wishful thinking. How I wish much people would view this and someone take a step someday.

I wish mods would push this to front page
Re: If I Were President (opinion) by Kingxway: 10:27am On Jun 22, 2019
MONIKERREVEALER:

oyorubaman

the best way to handle these intractable zoogerian problems is for everyone to go his own way!!!

go and fight for your oduduwa republic and stop looking for "one nigeria" to parasitisize on!!!

will you guys die if igbos leave the zoo for una and hausa-fulanis?!!!

UNITY BEGGERS!!!
It hasn't come to this bro. This has always been one of Nigeria problems - shouting without making a known point. Till everybody goes their own way, let's try this and see how it works out. I bet you, if Nigeria works, no one would like to leave again.

Mind you, I don't identify with any tribe. I'm not a Yoruba either. PEACE
Re: If I Were President (opinion) by Kingxway: 10:31am On Jun 22, 2019
ManspaceBarber:
smiley
Your contribution please
Re: If I Were President (opinion) by Kingxway: 10:32am On Jun 22, 2019
tyup:

Lol powerless you say? dont underestimate them bro

Just like saying you'll put about 5 80years old General in jail cause they're weak. yes they might be weak but how about the 4000 troops they control would they be weak also?

complete termination is the right word to use
Oh, I see. But that seems a kind of task
Re: If I Were President (opinion) by MONIKERREVEALER: 10:48am On Jun 22, 2019
gerraway from me you coward!!!

is it because you are safely ensconced in una lagos wey dey make you feel say nothing dey happen?!!!

if you were to have nowhere else to sleep tonight apart from a ramshackle decripit thatch hut on the outskirts of a remote village somewhere in the middle-belt, I bet you that you would never be able to sleep with both eyes closed for fear of your rickety wooden door getting kicked down at midnight by the slippers of killer herdsmen and you and your family sleeping inside having your lives snuffed out in seconds!!!

the shiithole must be broken up ASAP so that more manageable geopolitical groupings with similar mindsets and goals can begin to chart a brighter future for themselves as well as come up with a more committed citizenry who are ready to protect, preserve and develop their new countries with the last drop of their blood!!!

LIKE REAL MEN ALWAYS DO!!!

the international interventionist invaders are soon coming to the shiithole to tear zoogeria to pieces and we, the great easterners, are SOO gone from the shiithole ASAP, AMEN!!!

Kingxway:
It hasn't come to this bro. This has always been one of Nigeria problems - shouting without making a known point. Till everybody goes their own way, let's try this and see how it works out. I bet you, if Nigeria works, no one would like to leave again.

Mind you, I don't identify with any tribe. I'm not a Yoruba either. PEACE
Re: If I Were President (opinion) by Kingxway: 11:22am On Jun 22, 2019
MONIKERREVEALER:
gerraway from me you coward!!!

is it because you are safely ensconced in una lagos wey dey make you feel say nothing dey happen?!!!

if you were to have nowhere else to sleep tonight apart from a ramshackle decripit thatch hut on the outskirts of a remote village somewhere in the middle-belt, I bet you that you would never be able to sleep with both eyes closed for fear of your rickety wooden door getting kicked down at midnight by the slippers of killer herdsmen and you and your family sleeping inside having your lives snuffed out in seconds!!!

the shiithole must be broken up ASAP so that more manageable geopolitical groupings with similar mindsets and goals can begin to chart a brighter future for themselves as well as come up with a more committed citizenry who are ready to protect, preserve and develop their new countries with the last drop of their blood!!!

LIKE REAL MEN ALWAYS DO!!!

the international interventionist invaders are soon coming to the shiithole to tear zoogeria to pieces and we, the great easterners, are SOO gone from the shiithole ASAP, AMEN!!!

Excuse me Mr Ranter, I'm not a Nigerian, and I don't stay in Nigeria. Just that as a black man who has been to Nigeria and some African countries, I feel like all blacks are one an should should contribute to each others growth and interest.

When your country operates in Regional System of Government. Each region is more like a different country

I doubt you are from Eastern Nigeria because most of them I meet here are wise and friendly. They don't rant. They construct words wisely than ranting. Perhaps, you need to grow up. It's not always about ranting up and down. It doesn't solve problems without good plan and thinking. Even if you go your separate ways with Nigerian mindset, it's still the same thing. I'm suggesting new strategies and new way of life entirely. Think about it and quit ranting.
Re: If I Were President (opinion) by MONIKERREVEALER: 12:07pm On Jun 22, 2019
Kingxway:
Excuse me Mr Ranter, I'm not a Nigerian, and I don't stay in Nigeria. Just that as a black man who has been to Nigeria and some African countries, I feel like all blacks are one an should should contribute to each others growth and interest.

When your country operates in Regional System of Government. Each region is more like a different country

I doubt you are from Eastern Nigeria because most of them I meet here are wise and friendly. They don't rant. They construct words wisely than ranting. Perhaps, you need to grow up. It's not always about ranting up and down. It doesn't solve problems without good plan and thinking. Even if you go your separate ways with Nigerian mindset, it's still the same thing. I'm suggesting new strategies and new way of life entirely. Think about it and quit ranting.

that's why I said that you are so full of BÜLLSHÏT!!!

you, as expected, never touched on my point of people being killed in their sleep by people of a particular tribe who believe that zoogeria is their inheritance and their estate!!!

you are talking about ranting. and so what?!!! it's better to rant than to kill innocent men women and children in their sleep!!!

at the bolded portion of your post, you talk about the "nigerian mindset". oh, so you are aware of the "nigerian mindset" and yet you expect a country with such a mindset to ever grow, develop and integrate properly?!!!

keep living in dreamland because you are not here in this living hell we, the great easterners, have been forced to live in having our territories under military occupation and being totally marginalized when it comes to sharing of state resources!!!

you might be living on welfare off the backs of others as a freeloader hence why you so nonchalantly waved off ALL I have been trying to get into that thick skull of yours!!!

zoogeria will NEVER work and your utopian "one black africa" which you believe would help boost your fragile, defeated and bruised ego with respect to the "white man" is nothing but that, just an utopian dream!!!

if you really want to see the African continent resurrect from the ashes of her glorious past in a renaissance to once again reclaim her foremost position amongst ALL the races of mankind in ALL fields of endeavour, then you have no other choice but to support the restoration and actualization of the sovereign state of biafra!!!

I am done with you!!!
Re: If I Were President (opinion) by kanubiafra: 3:21pm On Jun 22, 2019
internationalman:
IS it not technicaly treason as we speak?
Re: If I Were President (opinion) by kanubiafra: 3:30pm On Jun 22, 2019
tyup:

back to the same circle. nzeogwu once did it and it was seen from the tribal eye and named "igbo coup" which we still suffer till date. now pls can you tell one of your tribesmen to do it today? or you want the igbo to do it for you again so you can call them names? everyone knows nigeria is due for revolution but everyone is too afraid. and no one wants to start it and be killed for nothing while the rest cowards will stay silent and do nothing

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Lists All Corrupt Elements In Buhari’s Government / Throwback Picture Of Former Emir Of Kano Presenting A PrizeTo El-rufa / Buhari Travelled To Italy For Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.