Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,133 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Element Of Every Temptation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Element Of Every Temptation (4292 Views)

Element Of Every Temptation / The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt / What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Element Of Every Temptation by jonatoye(m): 7:57am On Jun 23, 2019
~~~Daily Spiritual Digest~~~

Focus: Element of Every Temptation

WORD FOR TODAY
Every temptation either comes as lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh and pride of life. The Lord will not place something serious in the hands of a man until he through the help of God overcomes the lust of the eye, lust of the flesh and pride of life!!!
Scriptural Reference
"For all that is in the world--the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life--is not of the Father but is of the world." (1John 2:16 NKJV)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The major component of worldliness is actually lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life. There is no man who has a soft spot for worldliness that will ever overcome temptation. The test the devil will place before you at every point in time will always be in terms of lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life.

Satan tempted the Lord Jesus using these parameters: turning of stone to bread (lust of the flesh), bowing down to worship the devil in exchange for the glory of this world (the lust of the eyes), and throwing himself down from the pinnacle of the temple because there is a promise of an angelic backing (the pride of life).

The devil is not ignorant of our weakness as men, for he knows that an ordinary man is weak in the face of lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life. Hence, the only way to overcome temptation is to come after Jesus by denying himself, taking up his cross and walking in his steps (Luke 9:23)

Prayer Point
Lord! I receive the grace to overcome every temptation by denying myself, taking up my cross daily and walking in your steps in Jesus name. Amen

Main Emphasis
You become an overcomer when you are victorious over the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life!!!

Have a Magnificient Worship Experience!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Element Of Every Temptation by helinues: 8:48am On Jun 23, 2019
When you are consciously aware of your life, people around you and your environments, nothing like spiritual temptation

1 Like

Re: Element Of Every Temptation by emerged01(m): 8:50am On Jun 23, 2019
Nice write up! Thank you op for this wonderful message.
Re: Element Of Every Temptation by Denimadz(m): 8:50am On Jun 23, 2019
Okay, wooks brothers still the only indigenous company to manufacture bio medical models, for educational purposes
Re: Element Of Every Temptation by olasamuel52: 9:00am On Jun 23, 2019
Its a great message,
Re: Element Of Every Temptation by elemike2(m): 9:40am On Jun 23, 2019
deeprreeww:
WOW YOU WILL LOVE THIS

SEE VIDEOS AND PICTURES BELOW

MUST SEE AND DOWNLOAD VIDEO HERE

why are u posting rubbish on a Godly article

2 Likes

Re: Element Of Every Temptation by Flashlaundry(m): 9:57am On Jun 23, 2019
Great

Does the weekly washing get you down?
Pressed for time, or just hate ironing?.

At Flash Laundry, we take care of your laundry needs. We offer Home Service and pick up and delivery in Lagos. >08081154939<
Re: Element Of Every Temptation by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 23, 2019
Kpekus and bakasi. That’s all I care about. Not this rubbish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Element Of Every Temptation by koyeni(m): 12:02pm On Jun 23, 2019
sad
Re: Element Of Every Temptation by Openeyes4Light: 12:03pm On Jun 23, 2019
Praise God Almighty
Re: Element Of Every Temptation by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 23, 2019
I think this post is for me. By tomorrow evening, a girl I've develop great affection on would be coming to pay me a visit. You know, since she promise to visit me, a whole lot of thought has been running through me. I've not dated any girl since I gained admission into a paramilitary sch, graduated last October till I met this girl. I met this girl just February 2019, the day I moved from my previous diabolic compound ( witchcraft and occultic landlord) to another location. I met her at a shop where she do registration of sim. She's currently 19! I look dirty because that day i was relocating, so my dress was dirty. My friend was with me, he live in the barrack. He came to assist me in packing my stuff. Why I was looking for POS, I walk up to the girl. Pls where is the POS stand around, she pointed the place for me. Reaching there, the pos guy told me there was no money. I actually know her from my previous location, she was attach with an hair cut saloon, I never knew she was selling and registering sim cards. I thought she was the secretary to the saloon owner, until that faithful day. I told her I've been admiring her right from her previous place where she work, but seeing her as too young to approach & i was too shy to walk up to her in the presence of others. She spoke maturely with me. So I told her I just relocate to the area, and I'll meet her again. Well, we became very close friends. This topic might really be for me. I've seen this girl in my dream several times, although not a good one. I've not met her mom, but she had come to me in the dream, telling me about her daughter. I've told her several times about the dreams I had on her, sometimes I stop talking to her. She has never met a guy in her life ( I'm sure you understand what I mean). She went offline for sometime and I was worried for haven't heard from her. Then I saw her in my dream, we were in a room, the room has one window, why I look through the window' there was trading going on from the other side. Buying and selling of market stuff, garri, rice, green leaf and the rest. Why in the room, she was niked, her body was on my legs as I could hear myself advicing her to calm down, suddenly I stood up. I was telling her to calm down that I've gone through this in the past. That was how I woke up. I truly didn't understood the nature of the dream, so I told my pastor, he said I should be careful with girls, that this girl is gonna bring shame to me. I'm older to her with 8yrs.
You know I was going through a lot, depression, sadness and frustration because of my current state in life. But since we became friends, I was open to her, we chat and I find ease most times with her. Well, what's the cause of my depression and the rest, unemployment, money. I've handle cash in the past, things became rough during my days in sch. I've work onboard a vessel even before i decided to go to further my education. I'm an undergraduate (ND in Mech). Currently my papers has expired and I'm finding it difficult to secure opportunity. It not really easy!

One thing about me is, if I don't have money I won't date or have any affairs with any girl. I won't even have the courage to woo a girl. But this girl talk to me so politely in my first encounter with her. Proving to me that my orientation was wrong, although I'm not a bold guy when it comes to wooing smiley . An handsome guy who can't woo a girl with money!
What is your advice to me? If you wish to hear my entire story, kindly notify me.
Re: Element Of Every Temptation by femi4: 1:42pm On Jun 23, 2019
helinues:
When you are consciously aware of your life, people around you and your environments, nothing like spiritual temptation
When temptation comes, it won't attack your strength....it goes for your weaknesses.

Watch and Pray, so that you don't fall into temptation Mt 26:41
Re: Element Of Every Temptation by Mryacks: 3:30pm On Jun 23, 2019
jonatoye:
~~~Daily Spiritual Digest~~~

Focus: Element of Every Temptation

WORD FOR TODAY
Every temptation either comes as lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh and pride of life. The Lord will not place something serious in the hands of a man until he through the help of God overcomes the lust of the eye, lust of the flesh and pride of life!!!
Scriptural Reference
"For all that is in the world--the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life--is not of the Father but is of the world." (1John 2:16 NKJV)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The major component of worldliness is actually lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life. There is no man who has a soft spot for worldliness that will ever overcome temptation. The test the devil will place before you at every point in time will always be in terms of lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life.

Satan tempted the Lord Jesus using these parameters: turning of stone to bread (lust of the flesh), bowing down to worship the devil in exchange for the glory of this world (the lust of the eyes), and throwing himself down from the pinnacle of the temple because there is a promise of an angelic backing (the pride of life).

The devil is not ignorant of our weakness as men, for he knows that an ordinary man is weak in the face of lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life. Hence, the only way to overcome temptation is to come after Jesus by denying himself, taking up his cross and walking in his steps (Luke 9:23)

Prayer Point
Lord! I receive the grace to overcome every temptation by denying myself, taking up my cross daily and walking in your steps in Jesus name. Amen

Main Emphasis
You become an overcomer when you are victorious over the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life!!!

Have a Magnificient Worship Experience!!!

Blessed write up..
Re: Element Of Every Temptation by Jayfixer: 4:17pm On Jun 23, 2019
Blyzz:
I think this post is for me. By tomorrow evening, a girl I've develop great affection on would be coming to pay me a visit. You know, since she promise to visit me, a whole lot of thought has been running through me. I've not dated any girl since I gained admission into a paramilitary sch, graduated last October till I met this girl. I met this girl just February 2019, the day I moved from my previous diabolic compound ( witchcraft and occultic landlord) to another location. I met her at a shop where she do registration of sim. She's currently 19! I look dirty because that day i was relocating, so my dress was dirty. My friend was with me, he live in the barrack. He came to assist me in packing my stuff. Why I was looking for POS, I walk up to the girl. Pls where is the POS stand around, she pointed the place for me. Reaching there, the pos guy told me there was no money. I actually know her from my previous location, she was attach with an hair cut saloon, I never knew she was selling and registering sim cards. I thought she was the secretary to the saloon owner, until that faithful day. I told her I've been admiring her right from her previous place where she work, but seeing her as too young to approach & i was too shy to walk up to her in the presence of others. She spoke maturely with me. So I told her I just relocate to the area, and I'll meet her again. Well, we became very close friends. This topic might really be for me. I've seen this girl in my dream several times, although not a good one. I've not met her mom, but she had come to me in the dream, telling me about her daughter. I've told her several times about the dreams I had on her, sometimes I stop talking to her. She has never met a guy in her life ( I'm sure you understand what I mean). She went offline for sometime and I was worried for haven't heard from her. Then I saw her in my dream, we were in a room, the room has one window, why I look through the window' there was trading going on from the other side. Buying and selling of market stuff, garri, rice, green leaf and the rest. Why in the room, she was niked, her body was on my legs as I could hear myself advicing her to calm down, suddenly I stood up. I was telling her to calm down that I've gone through this in the past. That was how I woke up. I truly didn't understood the nature of the dream, so I told my pastor, he said I should be careful with girls, that this girl is gonna bring shame to me. I'm older to her with 8yrs.
You know I was going through a lot, depression, sadness and frustration because of my current state in life. But since we became friends, I was open to her, we chat and I find ease most times with her. Well, what's the cause of my depression and the rest, unemployment, money. I've handle cash in the past, things became rough during my days in sch. I've work onboard a vessel even before i decided to go to further my education. I'm an undergraduate (ND in Mech). Currently my papers has expired and I'm finding it difficult to secure opportunity. It not really easy!

One thing about me is, if I don't have money I won't date or have any affairs with any girl. I won't even have the courage to woo a girl. But this girl talk to me so politely in my first encounter with her. Proving to me that my orientation was wrong, although I'm not a bold guy when it comes to wooing smiley . An handsome guy who can't woo a girl with money!
What is your advice to me? If you wish to hear my entire story, kindly notify me.

I think you should Take this to the Romance segment, create your topic with it..... your answers will flow in... do that ASAP!!
Re: Element Of Every Temptation by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 23, 2019
Jayfixer:

I think you should Take this to the Romance segment, create your topic with it..... your answers will flow in... do that ASAP!!
bro I don't know how to do that. Beside, I don't want people to start laughing me for my improper write up. But I'll do as you said. What should be the topics? Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Element Of Every Temptation by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 23, 2019
Jayfixer:

I've created the post on roman section. The Topic: After I Read The Element Of Every Temptation On Today's Religion Post, I Was Puc -. Thanks for ur suggestion!
Re: Element Of Every Temptation by topshore(f): 7:22pm On Jun 23, 2019
This is the Mountain Top Life message for today. Why didn't op reference it.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

TB Joshua Predicted Jakarta Attacks? / 5 Superpowers From The Bible That We Would Love To Have / Is Sperm/egg Donation A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.